1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

General Tier??

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by JumpTigerX, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JumpTigerX

JumpTigerX

Hi all,

While Im playing OU/UU very happliy and satisified, I was wondering if anybody suggest a General Tier that contains every pokemon in the game?
    *I actually remember seeing it somewhere before...*

This tier will provide a space for atleast most of the pokemon that is not usally viaable in normal metagame

Most Instruction are the same as OU;
    Uber and VGC ban list is still Vaild.
    Ofcourse rule can be change up a bit, but I hope the main idea of the tier wont change

Team Building Rules are as follows :
    1x Legendary (Stationary, Appear Once/Game Pokemon : Such as Latios, Terrakion..Etc)
    1x Non-Legendary Pokemon BST has <=600 (such as Dragonite, Metagross)
    1x Non-Legendary Pokemon BST has < 600
    2x Non-Legendary Pokemon BST has <=530
    1x Non-Legendary Pokemon BST has < 450

So by the Team Building Rules atleast some lower BST pokemon will be available even some other pokes outclass it.

Please feel free to add any sugestion :) :heart:
  2. theBEEZ KNEEZ

theBEEZ KNEEZ

this suggestion really isnt worth a thread the restrictions are totally cumbersome
  3. JellyOs

JellyOs

Kinda gimmicky, there will probably be one Pokemon that excels in its set and will centralize the game...also, why is everyone so biased against legendaries? Do Articuno, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Regice, Mesprit, and Cobalion break the game that badly?
  4. zyrefredric

zyrefredric

If I may shamelessly advertise, I'd say this metagame proposal is better at allowing all Pokemon to have equal chances of being used in a competitive play.
  5. FastFlygon

FastFlygon

BST isn't a very good way of calculating the potency of a Pokemon. Breloom has a ridiculously low BST in the 400's but it's still an exceptional Pokemon when you use it correctly. Scizor doesn't have a massive BST either, and we all know how good he is.
    That's without mentioning the fact that "legendary or not" is a terrible measure of Power. Entei, Articuno, Moltres, the Regi trio - all of these are legendary and none of them are very good in OU. If anything, the restrictions you posted restrict teambuilding even moreso to 1 or 2 of the most potent Pokemon just below a given BST. The thread that zyrefredric linked is a much better way to go about this.
  6. The QWAZ

The QWAZ

eh, to restricting
  7. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

Yeah this isn't going anywhere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)