Gen 6 General XY Ubers Metagame Discussion

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 390-460 (87.8 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 339-400 (86 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Damn Rocks.

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 390-460 (87.8 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Silk Scarf Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 339-400 (86 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

So EKiller almost definitely needs those Rocks up, while Xern can get not really get away with it. Damn why are Rocks so important ;-;.
Does EKiller run 252 HP EVs now? I was always under the impression that EKiller ran enough speed EVs to outspeed certain threats, for example 212 outspeeds Palkia with Adamant. I also thought EKiller ran Lum Berry because support Arceus with Will-o-Wisp are everywhere. Just sayin'.

I have a couple of sets I used last SPL, and don't know where else to post them so here they are.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpA / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Beam
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This is the Sticky Web spread that SD Arceus Ground can viably run on that team archetype. Swords Dance, Earthquake, and Stone Edge are all self-explanatory, and Groundceus's Edgequake combination has few safe switchins mid to late-game once the opponents walls -- such as Giratina-O and Lugia -- have been worn down. However, Gliscor and especially Landorus-T can wall Groundceus effectively under normal conditions. That's where Ice Beam comes in. With just 16 Special Attack EV's, Groundceus can OHKO Gliscor at full health and Landorus-T after SR damage 100% of the time...even with an Adamant nature! Good teammates include Mega Gengar (to trap Grass Arceus and physically defense Kyogre), Specs Kyogre (to break both of those Pokemon on the switch) and Mega Kangaskhan (Crunch variants do a nice job wearing down Groundceus's checks). 216 Speed allows Groundceus to outrun and destroy Scarf Palkia and below, and also gets the jump on neutral-natured offensive Yveltal and most Lugia.

Though Steel, Ghost, and even Normal Arceus are also solid choices for SD formes on Web teams, I prefer Groundceus for its sheer power and coverage without resorting to ShadowForce. Just look at these calcs:

+2 252+ Atk Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Arceus: 348-409 (91 - 107%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Arceus-Ground Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Lugia: 286-338 (68.9 - 81.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 444-523 (110.1 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Arceus-Ground Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Yveltal: 338-398 (74.2 - 87.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 178-211 (45.2 - 53.6%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

It also checks Zekrom and Electric Arceus effectively and will get an opportunity to set up a SD with its excellent natural bulk. You can run Recover or Refresh over Ice Beam, but I'd run Recover + more HP investment on a more balanced build. With Sticky Web, destroy as much as you possibly can an leave no survivors.

Xerneas @ Leftovers
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunder Wave
- Aromatherapy

Leftovers on an offensive Xerneas spread might look odd, but I've had significant success with this set on both the ladder and in SPL. When your opponent sees the Leftovers recovery, they will very likely assume a Resttalk variant (or Polopxern if that still exists). Common switchins include Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn, regular Gengar looking for a free turn to mega evolve, and even Defog Arceus. With appropriate prediction, Xerneas can lure and smack its common switchins with the appropriate move. Moonblast 2HKOes 252/0 Arceus so it still hits like a truck, and Xern has the bulk to pull off an Aromatherapy or two. It still checks Yveltal / Dark Arceus too :). Overall, this set is very nice for offensive teams that can handle Ho-Oh adequately. You can use Toxic over Thunder Wave but I like TWave to stop GeoXern.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)