Genesect

Hmm, interesting. I guess it's no secret what they're trying to get at here.
Trollfreak strikes again. This hasty nature completely screws the set i posted. Now it cant use adamant to increase its attack while maintaining its defenses. Guess 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe is going to be the new alternative. Better special bulk at the cost of physical bulk and power. Doesnt sound that great now.

Good job Trollfreak...it's Raikou/Entei/Suicune all over again -_-
WHY DO YOU HATE SHINES SO MUCH?!?!?

I guess this would be the best set I could come up with then:

Leader Genesect (Literally the leader of the Genesect army :p)
@Life Orb/Expert Belt (If you want to keep it alive longer)
Hasty Nature
252 Speed/252 Atk/6 HP
-Shift gear
-Blaze Kick
-U-Turn/X-scissors (for more power)
-Extremespeed

Hope to god you get the +1 from Download prior, and then setup...

This would also be a decent set

Physical Scarfer
@Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
252 Speed/252 Atk/6 Sp.Atk
-Ice Beam
-Blaze Kick
-U-Turn/X-Scissors (for more power)
-Iron Head/Explosion/Extremespeed

This would also be a decent set

Physical Scarfer
@Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
252 Speed/252 Atk/6 Sp.Atk
-Ice Beam
-Blaze Kick
-U-Turn/X-Scissors (for more power)
-Iron Head/Explosion/Extremespeed
Meh, I'd rather run the standard Ice Beam/Explosion/Iron Head/U-turn (or Sleep Talk/Iron Head/U-Turn if Sleep Clause is unbanned)

You need U-Turn obviously, Iron Head is important to revenge Kyurem-W, as well as pull games out of your ass with flinch hax. Ice Beam is probably the most replaceable move but is important for Rayquazza, and Explosion is very nice to get rid of Ho-Oh or kill that last mon Palkia. Blaze Kick just doesn't seem that useful to me, I'd rather U-turn on Ferro and Forry won't mind a Blaze Kick at all in the rain.

ElectivireRocks

Banned deucer.
Is it confirmed that Genesect is locked into a Hasty nature?
We thought the same with Bolt Strike/Blue Flare/Glaciate Victini but it turned out not to be the case.

If it is then it's not nearly as good as we thought, because without an attack+ nature Extremespeed and Explosion fail to OHKO too many things of importance.

Victini was never confirmed to be locked into a nature. Genesect was. Besides it's a shiny event which are most of the time locked into a nature.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm.. Hasty is annoying for CB Genesect I guess, but to be honest, I always ran a +speed nature on that anyways since I find outspeeding Rayquaza and the Kyurems to still be pretty valuable! Scarf will probably be chill with it though, the only downside is that you are going to take more from Arceus and Rayquaza ExtremeSpeeds. Not ideal, but I don't think ts a dealbreaker for Blaze Kick, or even a hypothetical Shift Gear set.

Guys then event is out and available for you to use, head on over to Project Pokemon and get the .PGF under Japanese Gev-V Events ;)
I cannot wait to tryout the sets I made :D

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Guys then event is out and available for you to use, head on over to Project Pokemon and get the .PGF under Japanese Gev-V Events ;)
I cannot wait to tryout the sets I made :D
When will this be up on showdown? Also what are the benefits of blaze kick over flamethrower on a scarfed set?

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When will this be up on showdown? Also what are the benefits of blaze kick over flamethrower on a scarfed set?

Requoting my opinion on Blaze Kick:

I don't think these changes are big revolutions for Genesect, since I'm almost positive that the Choice Scarf sets will still be the most common. They certainly aren't bad though!

Blaze Kick- I see this as being the most used new move. On Physical Genesect, it DOES do more damage to a lot of mons than Flamethrower. This is partly because of the likely chance of Genesect getting an attack boost. A good example is Ferrothorn in the rain: Since they are specially defensive, you dont get a boost, so you are dealing 30.68 - 36.36%. Meanwhile, a boosted Blaze Kick in the rain will deal 57.95 - 69.31%! Be warned though, you can't 2HKO Forretress in the rain with Blaze Kick, you need Flamethrower for that because of the download boost. and you will get hit by Ferrothorn's iron barbs which is annoying, so Flamethrower might still have some merit.

Choice Band will certainly prefer Blaze Kick over Flamethrower though. Forretress is still 2HKOed by that in the rain even without the attack boost, and Ferrothorn now takes a nasty 88.63 - 104.54% in the rain due to the download boost!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)