Genesect

What is your favorite Genesect set?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hey man, thanks for the Calcs! I agree with you 100%, Thunderbolt is crap. U-turn does to more damage to 'Ogre. I've used Genesect for a long time, and it definitely has a niche as a scarfer, being able to outrun ScarfOgre, Arceus forms, and more.

Reshiram is a great check to Genesect and borders on a counter. You're dead on :)

Thanks for your comments man, they're really appreciated and accurate!
:) no problem, happy to help, Reshiram isn't crap after all (yay). sorry to have droned on for ages about the 4EVs breaking Download (but pls make a tiny section on it <3)

Melee Mewtwo no recommendation of Toxic on Scarf? I'm disappointed in your suggestions lol, Toxic on everything pls

also,

How my Genesct thinks:
G.E.N.E. VI online, Choice Scarf Attachment installed
Now running download.exe, Special weakness detected, boosting stats
x4 Ice identified
Activating Ice Beam
Target Status - Fainted
New target Arcanine appears, threat imminent, Switching to Flareon to take Flare Blitz

Later...

G.E.N.E. VI returning, Stealth Rock damage taken
Now running download.exe, Physical weakness detected, boosting stats
Health points failing
Activate Selfdestruct V2
G.E.N.E. VI Shutting down
this guy is my hero <3

Last edited:
What is ExtremeSpeed doing on the Choice Scarf set? What is the point of using Choice Scarf if you will be using priority? You mention revenge killing weakened Xerneas, Choice Scarf Genesect has no business trying to revenge kill a pokemon that will be faster than it after one turn of setup. Come on guys, PLEASE remove this.

EDIT:- While you're at it, make the EV changes I pointed out earlier.

PISTOLERO

rileydelete on set 1 Ice Beam is slashed with Blaze Kick. would it not be better to then slash Jolly in the nature as you are no longer using Special Attack if using Ice Beam?

rileydelete on set 1 Ice Beam is slashed with Blaze Kick. would it not be better to then slash Jolly in the nature as you are no longer using Special Attack if using Ice Beam?
I dont think Jolly is a legal nature on Genesect due to w/e reason iirc

edit: "- Genesect must have a Hasty nature because it comes from a specific event."

Last edited:
You should slash the ev's on the scarf set: ice beam is the only special attack there and therefore not all sets will want the 4 SpA ev's

PISTOLERO

I dont think Jolly is a legal nature on Genesect due to w/e reason iirc

edit: "- Genesect must have a Hasty nature because it comes from a specific event."
Oh of course, my bad :)

You should slash the ev's on the scarf set: ice beam is the only special attack there and therefore not all sets will want the 4 SpA ev's
Well if you have Ice Beam then you may as well have 4 SpA, no?

Yes but ice beam is slashed and won't be on every set so the ev's should be slashed as well because not every set will want those ev's. Of course the sets with ice beam want the 4 spA ev's but sets without ice beam will not.

Yeah, not to worry; I'll get it done. I've been sick lately and adapting to my new job. Exams are coming up too, but I haven't given up on the Cyborg's analysis! :)

I've been working on it when I have time. I've been crazy busy lately, Fireburn, trying to earn money for college, but don't worry, it should be ready for QC soon!

Reactions: Muk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)