1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Genesect

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Ad Terminum, Sep 20, 2010.

1. DEMo_Gorgon47

DEMo_Gorgon47

Grab a Modest for a RP set
  2. Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene my cheerier serperior is superior to your inferior rhyperior
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Oh, are we talking about RP Genesect now? In that case, let me quote my thoughts on it, as well as that on Genesect's most popular set: Choice Scarf.
  3. DEMo_Gorgon47

DEMo_Gorgon47

^Couldnt have said it better myself XP. I have loved the RP set since day one, while most others were still raging about the CS set. It does everything the CS set does, it is just faster and requires one turn of easy set up. However, the minus one moveslot taken by RP does give one a nasty case of 4MSS
  4. TaBuu

TaBuu

Rock Polish Genesect : Quite threatening
    However, I don't know if it has been mentioned or not, but if Genesect does not receive any form of a boost, it will honestly not be that great.
    If it carries Giga Drain over ThunderBolt, Tentacruel, from my experience, was able to play with the thing all day.
    If it carries T-Bolt, I'm pretty sure Rotom-W Bulky Varients, can WoW and Pain Split and pretty much laugh at RP Genesect too :/
  5. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

Even if Genesect doens't get the SpA boost, standard Rotom is taking 68,5% - 81,32% from a LO bug buzz. This means that you can burn it, but that won't prevent Gene from killing your Rotom next turn and quite possibly take out other 1-2 Pokemon, until LO+burn damage consume its HP.
  6. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is why I prefer T-Wave on my specially-defensive Rotom-W, since all the mons that it's supposed to check (namely QD Volcarona, Genesect, Tornadus-T) and Pokemon that it lures (Lati@s) are crippled by paralysis more than burn.

Plus paralysis is such an amazing utility; even if you end up paralyzing Ferrothorn it's okay, because 25% chance of immobility cuts down in its spike-stacking capabilities. fp wins you games - Wisp misses loses games.
  7. thebrownie

thebrownie

Paralysis on Ferrothorn is a bad situation on teams without fire attacks or strong fighting attacks. Aside from getting a stronger Gyroball, one of the few options rain has to deal with ferrothorn is burning it. While, I'd rather not get paralyzed with my Ferrothorn if I'm facing a rain team where their only way of dealing with Thorn is by burning it I would gladly take a paralysis.
  8. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Seconding this. Back when I ran a balanced team, SpD Rotom-W was super clutch for checking a bunch of annoying threats but I was getting tired of getting my ass handed to me when I missed a Hydro Pump vs Genesect, or losing out to Giga Drain Genesect, etc so I started running T-wave and it alleviated most of my problems. Nearly all of the Pokemon that commonly switch into Rotom-W (Latis, Dragons and even Deoxys-D) HATE Thunder Wave. Not burning Ferrothorns isn't that big of a deal, and the paralysis can actually come in handy at times.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)