If you don't like stroopwafels you got to flikker op
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Shadow Ball
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Hidden Power Ice / Thunderbolt
move 4: Trick / Thunderbolt
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Gengar has several cool features which allows it to function well as a revenge killer; 110 base Speed lets it outspeed more stuff, mainly other Scarfers such as Terrakion, Latios (with HP Fire), +2 Gyarados (which Terrakion/Infernape can't), Modest Venusaur, and +2 Jolly/Naive Cloyster. Gengar is also immune to ExtremeSpeed (and Mach Punch) which lets it revenge kill Lucario unlike other Scarfers, and Trick is always cool.
- Shadow Ball is a reliable STAB move which lets it revenge kill threats such as Starmie and Alakazam.
- Focus Blast provides good coverage, and hits Tyranitar and Heatran hard.
- Hidden Power Ice lets Gengar revenge kill Dragonite and Salamence reliably, which is cool considering Gengar outspeeds them both at +1 and is immune to ExtremeSpeed.
- Trick in the last slot lets Gengar cripple bulkier Pokemon such as Blissey and Jirachi, and also lets Gengar avoid Sucker Punch.
- Thunderbolt on the other hand provides more coverage against the likes of Skarmory and also lets Gengar revenge kill Gyarados reliably.
- Destiny Bond lets Gengar take down anything if it threatens to be KOed, and works great along with Scarf boosting its Speed.
- Hypnosis lets Gengar sleep something (60% of the time) which can stop something if Gengar can't KO it.
- PURSUIT. Tyranitar and Scizor are this set's worst opponents, if you see them on the opposing team be very careful. Carry a good counter for them always, Terrakion is good for Tyranitar, Magnezone is also a really cool teammate as it can use Scizor's Pursuit to get to +6. Something that can lure in and KO Tyranitar and Scizor is also appreciated, Reuniclus/Tornadus can lure in Tyranitar and Jirachi can lure in Scizor. Lucario also makes a good partner as it can setup on (choiced) Pursuit.
- This set can be easily walled by the likes of Jirachi, Blissey and Dragonite, though they need to beware of Trick and Hidden Power Ice for the latter. A partner that can deal with special walls is recommended, and Terrakion or Mamoswine are good options for that. Terrakion also counters Tyranitar.