Genmons [Playable on rom!]

Isn't shadow sneak a gen3 move?
What would be a useable sheddy set?
Endeavour, shadowsneak, eruption, taunt?
Shadow Sneak is a Gen IV move, so Shedinja can't use it. Endeavor, Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, and Knock Off is probably its best set, but I think that is nothing more than a gimmick which is easy to beat.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shadow Sneak is a Gen IV move, so Shedinja can't use it. Endeavor, Will-o-Wisp, Taunt, and Knock Off is probably its best set, but I think that is nothing more than a gimmick which is easy to beat.
You could possibly run Hail with Safety Goggles if you feel like taking a risk. While you won't survive a single attack; everything else that's not an Ice Type will be KO'd after Endeavor + Hail. It'll indeed be a gimmick, but it should be usable at least.

Boo for nothing getting Sheer Force this gen.
Anyways nothing good (unless Barbarcle is good) puts Diamond Storm to good use. Gen VI has bad moves in general, while Gen 5 can wreck.

Entei w/leftovers
Pressure 252hp/252sp.def
-sacred fire
-milkdrink
-protect/crunch
-rapid spin/spikes
Trying to make a decent entei set and came up with this. Nature should boost def/sp.def and the evs can be tweaked tho. Burn with sacred fire, stall with pressure, milkdrink and protect. The last move is utility basically. Unlike other metas heatran doesn't automaticly do this better what with sacred fire and spikes.
Thoughts?

Generation I:
• Good high-powered offense
• Limited type coverage
• Decent boosting moves
• Good support options
• Good generational connection
Generation II:
• Limited high-powered offense
• Limited type coverage
• Decent boosting moves
• Good support options
Generation III:
• Decent high-powered offense
• Decent type coverage
• Good boosting moves
• Good support options
• Limited generational connection
Generation IV:
• Good type coverage
• Limited boosting moves
• Limited support moves
Generation V:
• Decent type coverage
• Good boosting moves
• Decent support moves
• No generational connection
Generation VI:
• Decent type coverage
• Decent boosting moves
• Good support moves
• Poor generational connection

Teambuilding and synergy become a lot easier with a chart like the one above (it would also be great if someone could maybe make a a list of viable (ability/type/stats) Pokémon in each generation so we could combine them into a threat list). Remember that even though gen V looks pretty op for offensive teams and gen IV looks pretty blah, gen V has no cross-generational evolution while gen IV has the most of all gens. This means that all of those average base-80 moves with mindblowing type coverage can be moved into some other generations; this combines each strength to eliminate weakness. For example, Gallade and Roserade (Gen III/IV) both get coverage moves from gen iv plus powerful STAB moves and boosts from gen iii. Then you have blissey (the god of hybrids) spanning an impressive 3 generations. Unfortunately it can't get wish, but it can get just about every other support move it needs from gens i and ii and iv.

Generation I:
• Limited type coverage
• Decent boosting moves
• Good support options
Generation II:
• Limited type coverage
• Decent boosting moves
• Good support options
Generation III:
• Decent high-powered offense
• Decent type coverage
• Good boosting moves
• Good support options
• Limited generational connection
Generation IV:
• Good type coverage
• Limited boosting moves
• Limited support moves
Generation V:
• Decent type coverage
• Good boosting moves
• Decent support moves
• No generational connection
Generation VI:
• Decent type coverage
• Decent boosting moves
• Good support moves
• Poor generational connection

Teambuilding and synergy become a lot easier with a chart like the one above (it would also be great if someone could maybe make a a list of viable (ability/type/stats) Pokémon in each generation so we could combine them into a threat list). Remember that even though gen V looks pretty op for offensive teams and gen IV looks pretty blah, gen V has no cross-generational evolution while gen IV has the most of all gens. This means that all of those average base-80 moves with mindblowing type coverage can be moved into some other generations; this combines each strength to eliminate weakness. For example, Gallade and Roserade (Gen III/IV) both get coverage moves from gen iv plus powerful STAB moves and boosts from gen iii. Then you have blissey (the god of hybrids) spanning an impressive 3 generations. Unfortunately it can't get wish, but it can get just about every other support move it needs from gens i and ii and iv.
Magmortar and Electivire span over 3 gens as well. Also, gen IV has the best generational connection out of each generation.

After playing some, I grew to love this set:
Roserade @ Stone Plate / Icicle Plate / Flame Plate
Timid Nature
252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Natural Cure
- Tail Glow
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Judgment

Roserade has an impressive 125 SpA in addition to 90 Spe. This allows it to outspeed most unboosted threats and retaliate with its sheer power. Gallade can play a physical counterpart to this with DDance, though there is less variety in the physical movepool. Also, Protean Greninja w/ Steam Eruption, Oblivion Wing, and Light of Ruin can tear down most of what stands in front of it.

+3 252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 565-666 (80.2 - 94.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

This will be.. interesting.

Edit: Oh, so Megas don't work that way?

Hmm.. Even so, +3 Pixilate Hyper Voice is a bitch.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Is there a Genmons ladder anywhere, or is it just done through custom game right now? (#onlycanusesmogontogetagame)

Uhhh...This will be a lot of fun. I want to just throw sets together, but there will be so much metagame defining shit you never see coming it wont even be funny.

Is there a Genmons ladder anywhere, or is it just done through custom game right now? (#onlycanusesmogontogetagame)

Uhhh...This will be a lot of fun. I want to just throw sets together, but there will be so much metagame defining shit you never see coming it wont even be funny.
Well, I have a team. So you can play me.

After playing a few matches, I've found this to be the MVP of all my genmons teams (even the deleted ones)

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drill Peck
- Earthquake/Rock Slide
- High Jump Kick/Rock Slide

It's ridiculously easy to set up, and once you do, the nightmare truly begins. +2 Tough Claws STAB Drill Peck obliterates everything in its path, and high jump kick/earthquake take care of all resists (except for zapdos and certain air balloon users). If zappy is really that much of a problem, run rock slide, otherwise it's not really recommended. Klefki and Meowstic can use topsy-turvy, but they get whittled down so quickly due to the lack of reliable recovery. Once they and the opposing scarfer are gone, it's gg. The thing is near impossible to wall with a standard team, and it wall breaks so well even unboosted.

Now...theorymonning!

Swoobat @ Leftovers/Safety Goggles
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Quiver Dance
- Stored Power
- Blue Flare

Cotton Guard against physical attackers, quiver against special attackers, hope you don't die, and pretty much attempt to sweep. Stored Power is ridiculous.
Also, to prove that you can take physical attacks:
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. +6 252 HP / 0 Def Swoobat: 102-120 (30.1 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Thundurus @ Life Orb/No Item
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Sacred Sword/Horn Leech/Drill Run/Shell Smash/Shift Gear/Acrobatics/Whatever
- Sacred Sword/Horn Leech/Drill Run/Shell Smash/Shift Gear/Acrobatics/Whatever

Defiant is probably the best way to counter klefki, and Thundurus is one of the best abusers of it. Parting Shot gives you a free +3, it doesn't care about King's Shield, and it has use outside of beating klefki. Bolt Strike is insanely strong coming off of Thundurus's attack stat, V-create, just destroys things, and the rest is just filler.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Light of Ruin/Petal Blizzard
- Steam Eruption
- Boomburst

Strong all around. A good stall breaker with good coverage and lots of power, basically. Oblivion Wing heals, Light of Ruin suicides, Steam Eruption burns, and Boomburst nukes.

xJownage

Bunches of sets.....

Keldeo @ White Herb / Life Orb / Quick Claw / Something
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Blue Flare
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Shell Smash Keldeo. Thanks Emerald Master for the idea. Here is my set. Water/Fighting stabs will hit very, very hard after a shell smash, and Blue Flare provides great coverage while covering up the grass types that its stabs don't hit. This is extremely potent due to sheer strength after a smash, and its decent bulk gives it the ability to tank stray extremespeeds. All the pokes that check this are obvious in preview, such as talonflame, talonflame, and talonflame. The gameplan with this thing is simple. Beat Sableye, set up, win.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield
- Sticky Web

Stabmons Sableye to Genmons. Klefki is a very powerful momentum-mon, and is an amazing sweep stopper, arguably better than sableye. Its resistance of priority allows it to tank those high boosted hits with ease and quickly topsy turvy the boosts straight away. As soon as its job is done, it can switch right back out with Parting Shot. Sticky Web provides a nice utility that while niche can provide a wallbreaker like ursaring a new advantage in slower opponents, helping it do its job better against offensive teams. Beware of defiant, so tread lightly in that. You can replace that with a recovery move if gen 6 has any, as actually I am not sure. Either way, this will be a staple set on almost every genmons team, so building to beat it consistently would be very smart.

Sylveon @ Power Herb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 144 Def / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Boomburst
- Steam Eruption
- Oblivion Wing

Is this a little similar to stabmons sylveon? well...kind of. Its not the same though. Geomancy Boomburst remains the most potent special attack in the entire metagame. The main difference is the lack of extremespeed, and the fact that its kelfki it needs to break and not sableye. Unfortunately it doesn't have priority, meaning strong priroity and kelfki can stop it cold. Eliminate those, and this thing will sweep teams 110 percent. Steam Eruption is a nice and powerful water stab to beat things like heatran that oblivion wing doesnt, which the latter being for recovery to make it a stabmons togekiss-level sweeper with an absolute nuke of an attack. Its attackset is only resisted by empoleon, and is super effective against half of every poke in the game. However, where your main concern is just covering all the threats, this is plenty to easily beat any team, especially since boomburst nukes everything that doesn't resist.

Haxorus @ White Herb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Dual Chop
- Bolt Strike
- V-create

Shell Smash Haxorus, just of virtue of its supermassive attack stat and decent speed. This is a poke with a nearly unmatched attack stat rivaling that of ubers with a great mono-dragon typing, much better than most psuedo legendaries who gain weaknesses and lose resistances to its second typing. Haxorus has decent bulk, and should probably run less speed evs but i am too lazy to get new evs. Dual Chop seems weak, but coming off of adamant +2 base 147 it will kill a lot of stuff. Bolt strike provides amazing neutral coverage with dual chop, and v-create is a cool nuke that can eliminate threats like klefki even after a topsy turvy. Electric+fire has great super effective coverage with dual chop to break its holes, allowing this thing extreme power with nice super effective coverage.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell
- Rapid Spin
- Destiny Bond
- Spore

SUPPORTTTTT....A lot of gen 2 mons can do something similar, but none have access to both gen 1 and 2 moves and an amazing ability except espeon. Having fast bulky support is a godsend in this meta, with espeon getting loads of great moves such as heal bell, rapid spin, destiny bond, spore, recover, toxic, dream eater, the list goes on and on. This takes the first four of those, although this set can be tailored to your team. Magic Bounce is the main reason to use this set despite its frailty, not to mention that destiny bond can provide a nice suicide to gain momentum to allow you to clean late game. Spore is for spore, put everything to sleep cause can. Heal bell is an amazing move, allowing you to completely stop status against your team. Rapid spin is to allow you to clean hazards, which is very important on offense-oriented teams. Defog or spikes can be used in this slot as well, if you are paranoid about ghosts or want hazards. Either way, this is a great support mon for many good teams.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-Create
- Drill Run
- Icicle Crash

Fuck You Parting Shot. God damn. This is fun to use with magic bounce, as klefki can try to phase out the magic bouncer while you switch to thundurus and gain a FREE +3 ATTACK. Now the moveset looks weird, but the coverage is just...beautiful. This is some of the best 4-move coverage in the game, being super effective against...571 Pokes and being neutrally effective against a total of 203. It is resisted/immune by one poke, ironically, being the extremely niche Rotom-H that has a pretty bad support movepool for its stats in this metagame. This is super effective against so much stuff its not even funny. Bolt Strike is used mostly because that thundurus is the Bolt Strike pokemon that can't learn Bolt Strike, so if I don't use Bolt Strike its because I am just a huge (BAN ME PLEASE) or something. Drill Run is a working ground stab, and at +3 base 80 power can get the job done when needed. V-create is a one/two time nuke that is really powerful, but really decreases the speed of this set which often forces it to switch. Either way, this is a great, cool set that can be very abusable with its amazing coverage and power. thanks thisisfakename for the idea (tags don't work in edit sorry), and as a bonus, sacred sword can be used over v-create for even better super effective coverage.

xJownage

So i just posted last night, but i figured hell, i should post a core here...so here you go.

Haxorus @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Dual Chop
- Bolt Strike
- V-create

The Bait. The main part of this core is to bait out klefki, to force it out to stop haxorus from outright sweeping teams. When it comes in, you just switch to your espeon. Haxorus with a shell smash is a very good cleaner as well with its sheer power and mold breaker ability, as it reaches a whopping 864 attack stat once set up.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell
- Rapid Spin
- Destiny Bond
- Spore

Puts things to sleep, causes general problems for the opposition, and most importantly, baits parting shot from klefki, it thinking "i cant let him put me to sleep". Serves as a nice cleric that allows you to control hazards, status, and possibly get a kill in the process. Meanwhile it allows you to intensify offensive momentum immediately using the next poke...

Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-Create
- Drill Run
- Icicle Crash

The Forgotten side of thundurus that is arguably more potent, meet defiant. With a boost from parting shot, thundy gains +3 attack, easily enough to plow through the best of walls in the tier. It has great coverage and power, and has the speed to abuse it. Only klefki will beat it, it can even live ursaring's extremespeed. Baiting kelfki back out and bringing espeon back out creates a great situation with spore, where they don't want to end up with a +3 thundurus again.

Sylveon @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Boomburst
- Steam Eruption / Fire Blast
- Oblivion Wing

Geomancy Sylveon is gonna wreck your soul. Boomburst after geo hurts like hell, and the things that resist it have to deal with its coverage. Oblivion wing is a great recovery move off of the great flying type, which despite not covering steels, is really good for healing damage. Fire Blast handles registeel (which was not 3hko'd by any of my moves at +2 in an earlier battle) and Klefki, with whatever is left. Not setting up until it comes in is a decent idea, but you really have to bait it out since you can be killed easily without a geomancy boost. Steam eruption gives better coverage and doesn't leave you walled by heatran, which is otherwise a problem with this set. If you are concerned about coverage, just use both blue flare and steam eruption. Done Deal.

Fun core that just works. Use some filler mons to assist with other threats, and you have a really legit team on your hands.

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
So i just posted last night, but i figured hell, i should post a core here...so here you go.

Haxorus @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Dual Chop
- Bolt Strike
- V-create

The Bait. The main part of this core is to bait out klefki, to force it out to stop haxorus from outright sweeping teams. When it comes in, you just switch to your espeon. Haxorus with a shell smash is a very good cleaner as well with its sheer power and mold breaker ability, as it reaches a whopping 864 attack stat once set up.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell
- Rapid Spin
- Destiny Bond
- Spore

Puts things to sleep, causes general problems for the opposition, and most importantly, baits parting shot from klefki, it thinking "i cant let him put me to sleep". Serves as a nice cleric that allows you to control hazards, status, and possibly get a kill in the process. Meanwhile it allows you to intensify offensive momentum immediately using the next poke...

Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-Create
- Spore
- Icicle Crash

So why in the world am i running spore? Here is what should happen. You switch it in on the parting shot klefki uses to try to get espeon out, and you get a free +3 Attack on this thing. The coverage and power is great, and bolt strike because thundy is the bolt strike pokemon. Defiant is a forgotten ability in these really offensive OMs, and in the people i played it forces out klefki again just to topsy. While it topsys, you just put it back to sleep, paving the way for the sweeper of choice.

Sylveon @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Boomburst
- Blue Flare / steam eruption
- Oblivion Wing

Geomancy Sylveon is gonna wreck your soul. Boomburst after geo hurts like hell, and the things that resist it have to deal with its coverage. Oblivion wing is a great recovery move off of the great flying type, which despite not covering steels, is really good for healing damage. Blue flare handles registeel (which was not 3hko'd by any of my moves at +2 in an earlier battle) and the now sleeping klefki. Steam eruption gives better coverage and doesn't leave you walled by heatran, which is otherwise a problem with this set. If you are concerned about coverage, just use both blue flare and steam eruption. Done Deal.

Fun core that just works. Use some filler mons to assist with other threats, and you have a really legit team on your hands.
Looks good, but Thundurus can't use Spore, as that is a gen 1 move. I think this core could really use a hazard stacker, it would help haxorus and sylveon to sweep, and bait defog for thundy to take advantage of.

xJownage

Looks good, but Thundurus can't use Spore, as that is a gen 1 move. I think this core could really use a hazard stacker, it would help haxorus and sylveon to sweep, and bait defog for thundy to take advantage of.
Fucked up there. Idk why I thought it had any sleep moves. I agree mostly, except about that last bit; the purpose of this is to use espeon against klefki to bait parting shot, and switching to thundy to get a free +3 and your opponent unable to bring in klefki predicting it, resulting in pretty much always a free kill.

Haxorus @ White Herb
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Dual Chop
- Bolt Strike
- V-create

Espeon @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell
- Rapid Spin
- Destiny Bond
- Spore

Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-Create
- Drill Run
- Icicle Crash

The Forgotten side of thundurus that is arguably more potent, meet defiant. With a boost from parting shot, thundy gains +3 attack, easily enough to plow through the best of walls in the tier. It has great coverage and power, and has the speed to abuse it. Only klefki will beat it, it can even live ursaring's extremespeed. Baiting kelfki back out and bringing espeon back out creates a great situation with spore, where they don't want to end up with a +3 thundurus again.

Sylveon @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Boomburst
- Blue Flare / steam eruption
- Oblivion Wing

Geomancy Sylveon is gonna wreck your soul. Boomburst after geo hurts like hell, and the things that resist it have to deal with its coverage. Oblivion wing is a great recovery move off of the great flying type, which despite not covering steels, is really good for healing damage. Blue flare handles registeel (which was not 3hko'd by any of my moves at +2 in an earlier battle) and Klefki, with whatever is left. Not setting up until it comes in is a decent idea, but you really have to bait it out since you can be killed easily without a geomancy boost. Steam eruption gives better coverage and doesn't leave you walled by heatran, which is otherwise a problem with this set. If you are concerned about coverage, just use both blue flare and steam eruption. Done Deal.

Just had to say that, yeah, thundy doesn't get spore, and that sylveon doesn't get blue flare (unless I'm missing something :P). If you really want fire coverage, you could try flamethrower. Sure it can't compete with other nuke moves, but it'll pack a punch coming off +2 spa (and it's the best sylveon's got iirc).

Just had to say that, yeah, thundy doesn't get spore, and that sylveon doesn't get blue flare (unless I'm missing something :P). If you really want fire coverage, you could try flamethrower. Sure it can't compete with other nuke moves, but it'll pack a punch coming off +2 spa (and it's the best sylveon's got iirc).
>fire blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)