1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gerenation Wars

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by devilvu, Nov 23, 2012.

1. devilvu

devilvu

This idea came to me randomly while people were discussing their favorite Pokemon generation. I'm not sure if it has been done like this before but.....

Generation Wars
    Where teams from the same generation face-off against each other.
    Sounds simple yes?
    But the plot hole is they made only use what was from that generation (Except generation 1, which may use generation 2 items)
    Abilities and such follow as:
    Generation 1-3 (First Ability)
    Gen 4 (Secondary Ability)/(If only 1 ability First ability)
    Gen 5 (DW ability)/(If none, Secondary Ability)
    Now you might be thinking that this might be unfair? Gen 4 have Choice items, Life orb, but they also cannot use any leftovers which is only available to Gen 1/2. They also cannot use any moves that were programmed into previous generation. Which means, no protect, no substituted, no surf, no thunderbolt. This leave many Pokemon with a smaller movepool, smaller items ussage and allows people to settle their arguments about which generation in a way.

Example
    Dragonite Inner Focus Leftovers
    Earthquake
    Fire Punch
    Waterfall
    Protect
    Even though Dragonite couldn't learn these move at the time, they were from this period of time and it is possible to learn it now

Example
    Tyranitar Sand Stream Life Orb (This you cannot as Life orb as it is Gen 4 item)
    Earthquake (Cannot as Gen 1 attack)
    Pursuit
    Crunch
    DynamicPunch

Example
    Metagross Light Metal (DW Ability is only for gen 5) Choice Band
    Brick Break
    Meteor Mash
    Rock Tomb
    Aerial Ace

This would also mean that Gen 3 can only set up Spikes, Gen 4 can only set up Stealth Rock, etc
  2. Arizona

Arizona

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3474754

I think you should get together with the author of this thread, since there probably isn't enough interest to support two slightly different monogen metagames, and IIRC sometimes people ask for monogen in chat. If you aren't sure something has been done before I would suggest at least checking the forum you're posting to :)

A few fact checks, Spikes debuted in Gen2, and Protect was not in Gen1 either.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)