1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gerudo Valley

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Thepoke4ever, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Thepoke4ever

Thepoke4ever

Hello all, this is Thepoke4ever. This is my second RMT, and this team is amazing. I went 0-1 with the top of the Uber's ladder on Showdown with this team, and that was only because he crited my Excadrill. I would have 2hkoed him, but oh well. The team is based off of Tony Flygon's Uber Sandstorm team from TheFlamingSpade. So onto the team, which hasn't been modified at all. One thing, if someone can help with the Ttar's EV spread, how many Attack EVs will I need to OHKO standard Darkrai? Thank you so much if you can post a link, or just tell me that would be great. Thank you.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Death Mountain (Tyranitar)@ Lum berry
    EVs/200 HP/ 56 Atk/ 252 SpD
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Nature: Adamant
    Stealth rock
    Superpower
    Pursuit
    Protect

Three jobs for this thing. Rocks, sand, and Darkrai anti lead. Feel free to edit everything on this except for the moveset. The idea is Darkrai Dark Voids, Lum berry wakes me up, and superpower to KO. Please help for how many EVs needed for that.

[​IMG]

Ganon (Excadrill)@ Life Orb
    Ability: Sand rush
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Adamant
    Earthquake
    Rock slide
    Swords Dance
    Rapid Spin

Spins Away hazards, then proceeds to KILL all things. Outspeeds everything unboosted with neutral nature except Deoxys-S. about it. I love Excadrill

[​IMG]

Kaepora Gaebora (Lugia)@ Leftovers
    Ability: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
    Nature Calm
    Whirlwind
    Toxic
    Ice beam
    Roost

OMG this thing is bulky! Max HP and Defense with Calm nature allows it to be a mixed wall. Phazes oponents out, tpxics, roosts off extra damage, and Ice beams in case of Taunt. Once again, Lugia Bulky.

[​IMG]

Like Like (Ferrothorn)@ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP/ 4 atk/ 252 Def
    Nature: Impish
    Power whip
    Spikes
    Leech Seed
    Protect

Ferrothorn is so lovely. He takes hits nicely. He can protect to scout. set up spikes. and leech seed all things. Yeah

[​IMG]

Din (Arceus-Ghost)@ Spooky Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Modest
    Judgement
    calm mind
    Flamethrower
    Recover

Ok, Spin blocker, special sweeper, Bulky, whats not to like? Calm mind up, recover off damage, then sweep. He's powerful. Flamethower Ferrothorn, and Judgement other things. I know Ttar walls it, but who gives a crap. Chomp or drill will kill it.
    [​IMG]
    Ganondorf (Garchomp)@Life orb
    Ability: sand veil
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    stone edge
    swords dance

Phisical sweeper. With Jolly it outspeeds Arceus without a Speed boosting nature. I'm thinking about fire fang over swords dance, because I rarely get to set up.

Feel free to do what you want with the team, so its cool. Peace

[​IMG]
  2. Haruno

Haruno I choose you!
    is a Tiering Contributor

Ohko'ing standard lead darkrai isn't a problem with your current ev set. A bigger problem is you have nothing that can stop kyogre. I can honestly see a scarf lead kyogre take out a mon or two with minimum difficulty and half your team needs sand to function properly. To remedy this I'd suggest replacing Lugia with with scarfed gene since although gene can't switch into kyogre it can scout/revenge quite easily since your team lacks a counter to groudon and kyogre and gene fills both roles. It also gets rid of those pesky latis with u-turn

Gensect @ choice scarf
    +speed - SpD
    252 speed/ 100 Atk/ 258 SpA
    U turn
    Ice beam
    Thunder
    Bug buzz/flamethrower

Hope I helped
  3. JirachiCelebiMew

JirachiCelebiMew

It may be a check in Defensive typing, but in Offensive, Genesect all the way. He's very popular in Ubers, and is in no way too frail.
  4. Haruno

Haruno I choose you!
    is a Tiering Contributor

No just no. +1 gene will be superior to palkia attacking wise without a doubt. Palkia however is slower than gene and it doesn't have the utility needed to run a scarf unless you're asking to just get set up on. Don't see why you bothered saying palkia has thunder. Lol palkia checking kyogre. Also removing lugia and replacing with palkia will make him very dd ray weak which is a nono.

So overall my advice to tc would be replacing lugia for genesect. Ditching calm mind on ghost arceus for will o wisp instead just to check various physical sweepers like zekrom/extreme killer/kyurem-b
  5. Thepoke4ever

Thepoke4ever

Hell no. Without Lugia, i lose my primary stus inducer and second part of my defensive core. Will-o-wisp over calm mind loses the appeal of Arceus. Without it, why run Arceus as a spin blocker? Why not Giratina-a, who is bulkier. Plus, scarf Kyogre is a non-issue. I have fought them numerus times and won. Lock him into the wrong move, then bring in the appropiant Poke. I appreciate the comments, but think over my descriptions. Everything except chomp has more than one role, so just think about that all yall.
  6. Phozon

Phozon

Ok. First off:
    Hey dude, nice sand team. Looks like you got alot of power here. Though they are right you have a huge water problem. Why not try Arceus-Grass or Water? Those two can generally take on Kyoger pretty well. Also, try this Ferrothorn spread:

Ferrothorn- Careful
    252 Hp/ 80 Def/ 172 Sp.Def
    @ Leftovers
    Leech Seed
    Stealth Rocks
    Power Whip
    Protect

This is probably Ferrothorns best set in Ubers. Also, may I recomend a Sub- SD chomp w/ dule STAB? It works well in ubers with VERY few pokes that want to take a hit from it:

Garchomp- Life Orb/ Salac Berry/ Leftovers
    Jolly-252Atk/ 252Speed/ 6HP
    Sub
    Swords Dance
    Dragon Claw/ Outrage
    Earthquake

Also, to the Genesect comment. My current Ubers team runs Genesect and it does just fine. Its currently ranked #6 in Ubers.
    I hope this helps man [: and good luck!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)