1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Get your name changed

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by Aeolus, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Read this whole post before posting. Failure to do so will likely result in an infraction.

DO NOT REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT

Post in this thread to request a new name. Your name will only be changed once, so be sure about it.... and please use some common sense.... I'm inclined to deny requests like: $@R4m, w1nD, mini-the-mouse69, or anything similar. Basically, I reserve the right to protect you from yourself by denying requests for bad nicknames. If you notice that your post was deleted and your name wasn't changed, then your request was denied.

If you registered within the very recent past, or if your first post is in this thread, your request will be denied. Also, if you are in the "I could be banned!" usergroup, your name will not be changed.

Since I am typically the only one who maintains this thread, please note that requests are granted at my convenience... which means that I do not go through this thread until such a time as a significant number of requests have accumulated. DO NOT PM ME OR ANYONE ELSE ASKING WHEN YOU WILL GET YOUR NAME CHANGED.

BE SURE THAT THE NAME YOU REQUEST IS NOT ALREADY IN USE. YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INFRACTION IF YOU REQUEST A NICK THAT IS ALREADY TAKEN. NO, I WILL NOT DELETE ANOTHER USER'S ACCOUNT SO YOU CAN HAVE THEIR NAME... I DON'T CARE IF THEY HAVEN'T POSTED FOR A MONTH.

DO NOT REQUEST A NEW NAME THAT HAS ANY SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN IT (I.E. PERIODS, COMMAS, APOSTROPHES, DASHES, ETC.).

DO NOT REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT

I'd like to request that if you got your name changed, you keep your old username in your signature for a while so people can get used to it. This is not required, it's just convenient.

Also, please do not post in this thread if you're not getting a name change. I don't care about your opinion whether someone should change or not. Go tell them in private.

Also also, if you're a well known user, I would recommend against changing your name by any significant amount.
  2. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I apologize for letting the requests stack up for too long. For now I pruned this thread, and I'd like to ask that if you still want to get your name changed, just post again and it'll be done soon enough.

Also, some people need to read the OP again:

Also, please do not post in this thread if you're not getting a name change. I don't care about your opinion whether someone should change or not. Go tell them in private.

Do I really need to add the sentence "I don't care if you mod(ded) Firebot, I don't need your opinion on name changes"?
  3. Elegy

Elegy

I would Like my username shortened to Elegy please.
    People never use my full name anyways.
  4. Komodo

Komodo
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

edit - never mind...I'm ICBB now...
  5. primula

primula

I would like my name to be changed to "primula" (minus the quote marks) please. Thank you.
  6. da poke masta

da poke masta

i would like my name to be changed to Mastxxpkmn, so i can have a similar name to other places i roam. Thank you very much if possible
  7. Kachalski

Kachalski

Can I please have my name changed to "Dark Empoleon" without the quotations. Thank you.
  8. graves

graves

Could I get my name changed to "Despotar" (minus the quote marks) Please!
    Thank you.
  9. Shawk

Shawk

Can I please have my name changed from Shawk1 to Shawk?
    Thanks.
  10. Dragonknight!

Dragonknight!

I'd like my username changed to Dragonknight! , if the ! doesnt count as a special character.
  11. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Flapper the Zubat = best scramblemon
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Could I have my name changed to System please?
  12. Mailman

Mailman

Can you please change my name to Mailman

just capitalize the first "m".
  13. Doomsday94

Doomsday94

Can I please have my named changed to "apocalypse" (minus quote marks please).
  14. Orcelot005

Orcelot005

I'd like to have my username changed to Orcelot, if that's okay because that's the username I use in various other places.
  15. Monta

Monta

I'd like my name to be changed to just Monta, thank you.
  16. Corn Snake

Corn Snake

Can I have my name changed to DialgaMaster? Please...
  17. Max Fightmaster

Max Fightmaster

I'd like my name to be changed to "Max Fightmaster". Its the name I use on Shoddy chat and a lot more people recognize me by that now anyway.
  18. BostonFanatic534

BostonFanatic534

Can you change my name "S740" please? (Minus the quotations) Thanks a lot!
  19. Witnessed

Witnessed

Could I get my name changed to "Witnessed"? Minus quotation marks please.
  20. hanke

hanke
    won the 6th Official Smogon Tournament

EDIT - never mind ;]
  21. Black Buddha

Black Buddha

I request a name change to Phan-Tastic please

should be obvious why
  22. Farewell

Farewell

I request a name change to HJ please
  23. Purple Wobbuffet

Purple Wobbuffet

I requst a name change to Carpe Diem.
  24. Lakers

Lakers

Requesting if I can get my name changed to Lakers, please.
  25. Jima619

Jima619

Can I get my name changed to Jima?
    Cheers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)