Ghost of the Rain

Ghost of the Rain

Hi there to all smogonites!, I am Micromegas, and I have made a fairly successful Ubers rain team. See, this team is based off of Arceus in its Ghost form, which I like the best. Rain is the best strategy in Ubers to me, and when I use something else, it usually doesn’t end well. With the surprising amount of Ghosts like Giratina and Psychics like Mewtwo, Ghost Arceus can kill them off fairly easily when they are paralyzed. Now off to team building and the team!

Team Building

This is the heart of the team. Dialga can eliminate what Arceus can’t, so they work well together.

After I had a core, I needed favorable weather, a revenge killer, and clean up pokemon. Choice Scarf Kyogre did the job well.

I needed something to take the run-of-the-mill dragon move, so Ferro was added to take common attacks like Draco Meteor or Bolt Strike.

The rest of this team is mostly filler. Groudon is a Paralysis spreader/SD sweeper, and Palkia is a beast rain sweeper and Kyogre switch-in.

Barbs (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
Ferrothorn, in my opinion is the best thing to happen to Ubers. It walls Palkia, Zekrom, Kyogre without specs, and much more. Ferrothorn is a dragon resist and water resist, two things that are of much importance. Ferro holds the team together in a lot of ways, including being a good pivot and for switching out of revenge killers. Spikes is my hazard of choice on ferro for weakening grounded pokes and gives him something to do against outraging scarf users. Spike stacking is great for me but it weakens opposing teams. Thunder Wave is one of my favorite moves because it slows things down and turns them into set-up bait for Gharceus. Leech Seed is for a small amount of recovery/offense. Power whip is good for Groudon and Kyogre. Above all, I praise Ferrothorn for being so useful to my team.

Sea (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Surf

Choice Scarf Kyogre is an amazing revenge killer/ clean-up and can drown things like the ubiquitous Mewtwo and the sometimes scary to face Darkrai. It’s no wonder this is a top threat; it has insane power without a boosting item and has over 400 Speed. This hates Palkia and Ferro, though, but they can be broken through rather easily with my Ferro/ Dialga. Overall, Choice Scarf Kyogre is a great choice for a team looking for a powerful revenge killer that is also a weather changer.

Time (Dialga) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Outrage

Dialga is a great poke and works very well mixed. The point of this guy is to bash and destroy anything that Arceus can’t kill, and It works well in both weathers. Draco Meteor off 438 SpA and a Life Orb is insanely powerful and kills off Groudon. The thing with Mixed Dialga is Outrage. This allows it to kill the pink fatties with ease and has an attack if I use Draco Meteor. Dialga is a great mixed sweeper capable of great destruction, and he works well for me, so I am not thinking of replacing him with something else.

Sanctus (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- Recover
- Shadow Force

This guy is named ghost in Latin. This here is the star and powerhouse of the team. Most people use CM on Gharceus, but I prefer the instant power of SD+ STAB Shadow Force killing everything that isn’t steel or normal. Brick Break allows second to none coverage, and Recover provides more chances to sweep. I don’t get why I don’t see this guy more often on servers because of his divine awesomeness and power. This can OHKO a ton of the metagame with Shadow Force(Kyogre, Rayquaza, Zekrom, Reshiram, Lugia, both formes of Giratina, and Ho-Oh). I love Gharceus, and I don’t think I’ll change this.

Earth (Groudon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Support Groudon is the sturdiest physical wall a team can have. I had some problems with Physical threats like Garchomp when I had the Paradancer version, but I can now comfortably phaze them out with dragon tail and set up stealth rock. This set is taken straight from the strategy dex, and this version of support groudon works the best for me. I don't know about you, but doesn't 404/416 physical bulk seem awesome to you?

Space (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Aqua Tail

Palkia kicks butt when you use him well and when he is in rain. Palkia kills anything not named Ferro or any Choice Scarf user. The mixed set is a very unappreciated but is a great set. He rips up teams with a powerful surf+ Spacial Rend combo, Thunder for Kyogre, and Aqua Tail for Chansey/Blissey(2HKO in rain). Also, Palkia works as the best switch for Kyogre’s Water Spout on the team, and it 2HKOs with Thunder.

This is my team, I think it is OK, but I want to see what you think of it. Please give some helpful criticism and I will try to listen to your advice. A threatlist will be available soon. Changes shall be in BOLD.

>.> mewtwo is not Ghost....

You should use a Choice Scarf on Palkia to outspeed Choice Scarf Kyogres also Hasty? use timid and change Aqua Taill for Aura Shere

Mewtwo is Psychic, thus weak to ghost. I also already have a choice scarf on kyogre, so no. Palkia is a mixed attacker. Palkia can deal with Choice Scarf Kyogre without a scarf usually.

calcing..........

shit i underestimated Blissey BUT Aqua Tail still does not do enpugh :P also a thing that bugs me is that with Blazikens, Reshirams, Groudons running around Ferrothorn sees little use and the lack of physical attackers may I recommend Rayquaza?

Rayquaza
@Choice Scarf
Adamant
252/Attack /252 Speed

-Extremespeed
-Dragon Claw
-Brick Break
-Earthquake/ Shadow Claw

This is the set I use it works wonders as a Lead AND a late-game sweeper Brick Break 2 Koes Blissey and you can use Outrage or Shadow Claw if you really like Shadow Force

-Change Palkia to Timid; replace Aqua Tail with Hydro Pump/Surf
-Replce Shadow Force with Shadow Claw (Shadow Froce can be predicted set up on etc.)
-Slap a scarf on that Palkia.

Otherwise, good team.

Also, you said you may want to replace Groudon...

Zekrom @ Leftovers
Ability: Terravolt
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4hp/252atk/252spd
-Thunder Wave
-Substitute
-Dragon Claw/Hone Claws
-Bolt Strike
Does sorta what Groudon does, just doesn't change weather.

calcing..........

shit i underestimated Blissey BUT Aqua Tail still does not do enpugh :P also a thing that bugs me is that with Blazikens, Reshirams, Groudons running around Ferrothorn sees little use and the lack of physical attackers may I recommend Rayquaza?

Rayquaza
@Choice Scarf
Adamant
252/Attack /252 Speed

-Extremespeed
-Dragon Claw
-Brick Break
-Earthquake/ Shadow Claw

This is the set I use it works wonders as a Lead AND a late-game sweeper Brick Break 2 Koes Blissey and you can use Outrage or Shadow Claw if you really like Shadow Force
Did you add in rain and SR when calcing? I actually need ferro a lot for zekrom and palkia. WTF? why would you use something as useless as choice scarf ray? btw, fatsnorlax, thanks, I was thinking about scarf palkia.

Just answer me this. Why not use scarf chomp or scarf palkia instead of ray? They can revenge more than ray ever could. Ray is a CB, SD, and Dragon Dance user, and should only be that. Ferro is the most used member on the team, so I will not replace him.

I have a scrafr Palkia who is my revege killer and Ray that is my lead

maybe its just me but entry hazards matter less on Ubers

OK, I am not going to use scarf ray. End of topic. However, I think I'll use Groudon as an all out wall with max physical defense to help against extremekiller arceus who kills me. If I do that I can give Ferro spikes.

First, since you already have two pokemon to spread paralysis, I think that your Kyogre could run a more bulky spread. Add 68 hp evs in place of your speed evs and dump the rest into speed. This way, spec'd waterspout's are a 3hko while regular ones are about a 4-5hko. Secondly, run a physically bulky groudon set simply because i cant imagine your having too much luck with that set. If u are finding the set successful, keep it. Finally, run fire blast over surf on palkia so that your not walled by a specially defensive forretress or a ferrothorn.

P.S. I dont suggest using two pokes for paralysis support.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Skarm+ chansey walls the whole team at the moment. Also did you do calcs for those outrages against chansey? They seem to be odd, I muchly doubt it 2HKOes the pink menance seeing as brick breaks couldnt do the same in my experience of using it. With that being said stall hurts this team a lot.

My reccomendation to this team is to replace dialga with either xatu, forry, or arceus-dark, that way you have someway of getting through stall.

Arceus-dark sweeps stall teams that rely on continuous shuffling and poison to beat their foes , forry provides entry hazards and can remove entry hazards with his spinning. Xatu safely keeps all hazards offthe field with good prediction and can help arceus-ghost set up to sweep with its dual screens.

I did some calcs, and yes, Outrage 2HKOs Chansey(Calm, 252 def/4 HP/Eviolite). I'll consider your recommendations and see what more people think. I have also decided to not make a threatlist for time reasons, sorry about that.

Put a fire move on palkia for Forretress and ferrothorn

your team doesn't seem to like arceus with Extremespeed, but maybe you are dealing ok with that, dunno. However you still have a big Rock Polish Groudon weakness. you can put Skarmory over Groudon to help with those threats. run 252 HP, Impish, some special defense evs. Roost/spikes/whirlwind/toxic/taunt/brave bird - pick four and good luck. you can also try Bronzong if you want (over groudon/skarmory) but it is a big Forretress bait.

OK, that sounds really good zzzzzzzzzzz. I will update the team soon, and I want feedback from more people. In the weather the team likes the most, rain, Fire moves are weak. Palkia in the rain can't break through ferro.

OK, I think to do that I'd need to turn Palkia into a choice scarfer making Kyogre's scarf redundant. However, It would then be hard to eliminate CM arceus and Mewtwo without a sacrifice, which I don't want to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)