ORAS OU Give this beauty some attention, guys.

Hello, everyone. With the release of ORAS Megas and stuff i started making teams. My first few teams failed miserably including the Mega Metagross for which i made an RMT which also failed. This team, which i'll be presenting is the only one i had enough success with for me to be making this Thread. I was watching aim's videos when is found this beauty which is underrated by almost everyone. Mega Latias is lovely and dangerous.
Team Preview:

In Detail:

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Starting with the beauty. This is aim's set and probably the best set there is. Thanks aim. Now this girl here is so good at taking hits. It just laughs at neutral hits and is also very good at taking super effective hits. Killing this with neutral hits is almost impossible so you better have an answer to this cuz you're gonna get swept by this. Sure, dark types hard counter this but that's why i have my whole team based around this. My team is basically there to take out the dark types making way for latias. The cool thing about this is that it beats any other offensive Calm Minder except for that Mega Sableye.​

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

After starting the team with Latias, my first priority was to look at the most common dark types and prepare a counter for each of them. Bisharp is a really big threat and an answer was needed. Latias would be a complete set-up bait for the opposing bisharps so i decided to use chesnaught. I was trying it for the first time and after using it for a while, I'm really loving it. Not only bisharp, it counters a whole bunch of other physical attackers like: Landorus-T, Breloom, Excadrill, T-tar and conkeldurr (too lazy to type all the names lol but there are many,trust me). It decently takes on azumarill considering AV Play Rough does about 50% which can be easily replenished by leech seeds. Chesnaught is here to stack hazards against teams that lack hazard removal. I slowly lay spikes and wear things down with leech seed so that its easy for me to kill stuff with other mons like Latias and Clef. Drain Punch is the buff this thing received with the release of ORAS. I like spamming it at times cuz it does reasonable amounts of damage to mons that are weak to fighting and the health recovery is great. Even with no real means of recovery like synthesis on this set, Wearing this down isn't easy cuz its very good at taking physical hits. Chesnaught is definitely a great mon to support Latias.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

This slot is not fixed on my team. I keep experimenting with this slot and most of the matches i lose is because there are loopholes which need to be covered by this slot. I first had Weavile here which was mainly there just for Mence. After the Mence ban i switched to skarmory thinking that it would be a good check to Mega Metagross which was a big threat to this team. Skarmory didn't prove to be a very good mon for this slot. I was also very weak to Mega Zard X. A friend suggested me Physically defensive Lando T and it was a pretty food suggestion. It decently counters stuff that i was weak to. I don't have to worry about Mega Gallade, Mega metagross and Mega Zard X. This is the common physically defensive Lando T set so no explanation needed here.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Greninja wasn't something i could just ignore. Greninja got so good with the release of ORAS. I was looking for something that would be the best counter to greninja when i stumbled upon P2. This thing here is probably the best ninja counter. Sure, Empoleon and Specially defensice gyarados are very good as well but i chose porygon 2 for some reason which i forgot -_-. His only job is to counter ninja and then just rot away lol. But he performs his job very well. The set doesn't need much explanation. Toxic is there to stall stuff out. BoltBeam combo to land some damage on ninja and others.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Such a large image yet a small pokemon. But performs a big role on my team. His job is to take out bulky dark types like: Umbreon and other uncommon dark types. I'm liking clefable so far but i'm not sure if its really the best thing for this slot. The set is self explanatory. HP ground is there for heatran cuz i love getting some damage off on that thing. Heatran just shuts down latias with Roar so i wanted to surprise kill it. HP ground does a lot even without any boost.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Heatran is there cuz i needed something that could switch in on the latis and other special attackers. The set is common. Roar is there to help me against set up sweepers like clefable. I don't think i need to explain this and i really don't feel like it so you'll have to accept these 2-3 lines, i guess.

Conclusion:
There's the team guys. I'm hoping to get some feedback quickly cuz Latias deserves some. Constructive criticism plz. I hope you guys like this RMT and steal my team to use it :P Btw I'm around the 1400 mark with this team right now.

Improtable:
Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roar
- Toxic
- Protect
- Lava Plume

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-190828572 Latias and Latias alone

Attachments

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Hi! This is a good second RMT, but the actual team itself could use the some changes.

First of all, you have nothing with Defog or Rapid Spin. So I recommend replacing Chesnaught with Tentacruel, since they are both walls, but are effective and can set up.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Sp Atk
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Acid Spray

I think this set would help out a bit more.
Next is Porygon-2, I think you should run Discharge over Thunderbolt for the extra paralyzation chance.
Finally, I would change HP Ground on Clefable to Fire Blast and Toxic to Earth Power on Heatran.

Hope it helps.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
The only place you can actually fit Tentacruel on the team is where Porygon 2 currently resides and would serve as the Greninja check. The added benefit of its standard Scald, Knock Off, Acid Spray, and Rapid Spin set provides you some more utility against stall outside of Clefable such as helping alleviate pressure against non Psyshock variants of M-Slowbro, M-Sableye, Gengar, and removing leftovers, choice scarf, and life orbs from various threats in the meta. This is generally a bigger change that obviously needs testing from yourself but hazard removal is important on a team such as this where Lando-T and your various walls are prone to repeated hazard damage. This will allow you to alleviate pressure on your teammates to wall what needs to be walled in order to eliminate and take out M-Latias' checks a bit more easily and as such secure a much more efficient sweep. If you do plan on keeping Porygon2 you'll definitely want Discharge or even Thunder Wave cause team is pretty weak to M-Gardevoir at the moment. Everything else is pretty subjective at that point so not much else to say.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Ahabb cool team! Thanks for the kind words haha. I'm on my iphone atm so i can really make this pretty so i'ma be brief and to the point! I agree with AM's suggestion of Tentacruel > P2. With mega mence being banned and you having checks to bird spam and dragon spam in heatran, clef and lanto-t respectively + the added pressure that hazards apply to your team, a solid spinner is definitely nice. The great thing about tenta, as mentioned before, is that it takes the role of spinner and grenny check! While also relieving the pressure from gar as well as other boosters as AM mentioned though stored power latias deals with a bunch outside of sableye anyway :] i definitely agree with going for the standard set on tenta. Sludge bomb/wave is also an option on it to hit fairies harder though that is just preference. Anyway, that's all i have! Sorry for lack of prettiness haha since i'm on the phone. Hope i helped! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)