Glare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glare is now 90%!!!

Arbok, Dunsparce, Seviper, Jaroda and Kurimugan learn it.

Bar Jaroda, all of them have terrible speed. I think they will be benefiting from the new and improved Glare and get a niche.

Kurimugan has decent defenses and 120 attack. He can go either offensive or defensive. His abilities: Encourage, Rough Skin and Mold Breaker help him achieve that. His 48 Speed will be enough to outspeed most paralyzed pokemon (except, perhaps, the new speed boost pokemon). He also has claw sharpen to improve the 90% glare even more and outrage.

Seviper can smack anything from both spectrums and the new Glare just raised its potential even more. With Shed Skin, Seviper can also go defensive by Stockpile.

Arbok is fairly similar but has access to Intimidate. Its speed and defenses are higher but the trade off is its hopes of using any Special attack. It can also use Stockpile with either Shed Skin or Intimidate.

The third snake of this list: Jaroda. While it may seem like an odd choice at first, the fact that Jaroda doesn't have much other options makes Glare something to consider. It doesn't even have sleep powder. I see supporting sets with one move consisting of toxic/glare.

The final and the most amazing: Dunsparce. This guy can now hax everything. Before it had to choose between not hitting ghosts or ground (body slam or twave). Now, it can paraflinch everything by utilizing Glare and Rock Slide. Nothing can escape the hax that dunsparce will bring.

I love how the new metagame gives underdogs options like this... thanks gamefreak, you did well this time round

I was just looking at Dunsparce's bw learnset too.
It has the tools to be more annoying than ever.

I can imagine it being EV'd for Special Defense and running something like:

Serene Grace and Leftovers
-Coil
-Glare
-Headbutt/Rock Slide
-Rock Slide/Roost

Coil is magnificent as it will buff defense, give attacks some punch while making Glare and Rock Slide accurate.
Glare, of course, will make everything slower than Dunsparce so Serene Grace flinches can take effect.

I think Glare/Coil would work better for Arbok. Nice boost of Attack so he can actually kill something other than abuse Flinch, and he's already decently bulky, and the extra defense might help out along with Intimidate/Let you use Rest/Shed Skin perhaps?

Love this. GF boosting Glare's accuracy is a perfect example of a creative and proper buff, such as in the aforementioned Dunsparce case. Jaroda appreciates it too...heck, anything that had Glare before must like it, 75% accuracy sucked.

Cross your fingers for a 90% Sleep Powder next gen...or not.

Love this. GF boosting Glare's accuracy is a perfect example of a creative and proper buff, such as in the aforementioned Dunsparce case. Jaroda appreciates it too...heck, anything that had Glare before must like it, 75% accuracy sucked.

Cross your fingers for a 90% Sleep Powder next gen...or not.
90% sleep powder would be too broken imo. But then again, broken things have happened before (see Stealth Rock)

Now I have to ask why no Glare users get the new Evil Eye move. It goes well and fits thematically. Thanks Trollfreak.

Well now we have a reliable non-t-wave method of para, but the only pokes with it (except dreamworld Smuglord) aren't otherwise exciting.

Now I have to ask why no Glare users get the new Evil Eye move. It goes well and fits thematically. Thanks Trollfreak.

Well now we have a reliable non-t-wave method of para, but the only pokes with it (except dreamworld Smuglord) aren't otherwise exciting.
Flavor wise, Evil Eye doesn't fit for Dunsparce and the like. Anyway, Glare's accuracy improvement is an interesting 'addition' to the like of Dunsparce and Arbok. Jaroda can make use of it as well.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
While Evil Eye wouldn't fit Dunsparce's flavor, you can't argue that it doesn't fit Arbok's.

Anyway, Glare has already shaped up to be an annoying move on PO: most Jaroda carry it, which ended up getting most of my team paralyzed before I managed to Aromatherapy.

Smeargle can also Sketch Glare.

Smeargle (?)
-Glare
-Endeavor
-ExtremeSpeed
-Sleep move, like Spore, Dark Void, Lovely Kiss

Not sure of item, but Focus Sash might be it. Or a Lum Berry, Choice Scarf.

Glare Ekans in Little Cup?

Why no ghosts do this is strange. Move seems made for Gengar's face.

Smeargle (?)
-Glare
-Endeavor
-ExtremeSpeed

Thunder wave is better unless you plan to paralyze grounds.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Quite honestly, Serperior is the best user of Glare. In fact, Dual Screens + Glare Serperior was one of my best support Pokemon for a while, surprisingly. It created so much flexibility in front of threats like Latios.

Smeargle (?)
-Glare
-Endeavor
-ExtremeSpeed

Glare is apparently based on some mythology of a serpent paralyzing by staring only, hence the Pokemon that could learn it are serpent-like Pokemon with the exception of Druddigon.

Speaking of Druddigon it can be used on him too as a support or even for better sweeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)