Gliscor

I think all this speculation based on Toxic Orb + Poison Heal is pretty useless

Reason being; Roost is a much better option on a Pokemon such as Gliscor.
Instant recovery + Gliscor being able to abuse it with its high speed = going to stick around.

Of course some may decide to use the new Poison Heal sets...
And at people talking about Flying moves; well, only with theoretical Poison Heal sets do they fit. Key word; fit

And @above post; I love it. However, shouldn't a more physical approach be taken? I would suggest changing the nature to Jolly/Adamant and shifting all the SpDef EVs to Att

They both have their place. Roost is great for pure stall with moves like Toxic and Taunt. Poison Heal is probably better for a bulky tank being able to attack the enemy more consistently.

Adamant probably would be better, or Impish, I just want to get the most out of the double recovery. I obviously haven't tested it yet I just came up with it on the spot lol.

Well it's super gimmicky, but you could use Toxic Orb to get poisoned, Fling it afterwards to poison, and then finally use Thief to steal some Leftovers, which every single team carries.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Careful
252 HP/ 252 SpD
Fling
Thief
Acrobat
Earthquake

Now THERE'S a bitch to take down.
Quoting to bring it back up.
Really love this,

Is Acrobat only there as filler... or?

Actually I didn't think of that. If you steal Leftovers back Acrobat's base power would go back to 55 wouldn't it? Most likely. That's something for the research thread to test but I'm going to guess that it would be back at 55.

If that's the case Acrobat would be less useful than Aerial Ace. Instead, why not replace Acrobat with Toxic or Taunt, and replace EQ with Dig.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Careful/Impish
252 HP/ 252 Df/SpD
Fling
Thief
Dig
Toxic/Taunt

Dig now actively works as a Protect and an attack all in one, buying you an extra turn of recovery and Toxic damage to your opponent. Super gimmicky, outright walled by Skarmory, but sounds fun in theory.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think all this speculation based on Toxic Orb + Poison Heal is pretty useless

Reason being; Roost is a much better option on a Pokemon such as Gliscor.
Instant recovery + Gliscor being able to abuse it with its high speed = going to stick around.
I've used gliscor for a LONG time, and I can back this 100%

Any standalone wall (read: not an tank) NEEDS a recovery move to function properly. No amount of toxic orb recovery will save you when you're down to 15%ish health.

Poison heal is great for say, a scarf u-turn or swords dance gliscor, but defensive ones will NEED roost.

Also, the above set seems gimmicky to me. Too many moveslots dedicated to something situational can be self defeating. Has it been playtested yet? I'm curious.

I've used gliscor for a LONG time, and I can back this 100%

Any standalone wall (read: not an tank) NEEDS a recovery move to function properly. No amount of toxic orb recovery will save you when you're down to 15%ish health.

Poison heal is great for say, a scarf u-turn or swords dance gliscor, but defensive ones will NEED roost.

Also, the above set seems gimmicky to me. Too many moveslots dedicated to something situational can be self defeating. Has it been playtested yet? I'm curious.
lol, of course it's gimmicky I just came up with it. It's situational at best, but it sure sounds fun to pull off. Also the beauty is even if you don't happen to steal a Leftovers you still robbed the opponent of their item like an Evolution Stone, and you can fling it afterwards and try again.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 232 HP/176 Def/100 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SpAtk)
- Torment
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Toxic/Earthquake
---
This set messes things 'round, extremely badly. With Poison Heal, Protect stalling is easily more fun than Roost, and allows you to wall Roobushin with impunity, unlike Roost Gliscor, whose healing method turns into a liability. Knock Off items on a switch (or Torment/Taunt to prevent setup), and Protect to rack up Sandstorm damage for them, Poison Heal for you. Toxic is to kill Pokemon that can't really harm you (who's going to bring in a Poison or Steel type on a Gliscor on first sight?). Taunt is honestly better than Torment for taking down Roobushin and co, to prevent Bulk Up from getting the best of you, but Torment allows you to stall Burungeru and others who only have one attacking option with prediction, and Toxic them out.

The EVs I honestly crafted for a reason, but for the life of me I can't remember why I have the 100 SpDef EVs right now. It lets you survive something, I know that much. Speed isn't needed, since you're not trying to outspeed and KO anything with EQ. When was the last time you saw Ice Punch Lucario, anyways? This set wants to take advantage of a super-high defense to shrug off Fighting moves as opposed to outspeeding Steel types and KOing. Adamant Scizor's Bullet Punch on this guy is only a meager 22% after you Knock Off its Choice Band, and Poison Heal + Protect outheals that. That's saying something for Gliscor's true defensive prowess...who needs Roost when you can simply ignore your opponents' attacks? Gliscor's resistances are what give it the ability to wall, and I'm happy to have a way to do it that doesn't involve giving up the Flying type to heal yourself.

Why use Relaxed nature when you could use Impish?
That must have been an error in my part when I was building it in the Team Builder. The fact that this set's been getting along this far with the Speed- nature is just an additional testimony to its effectiveness, I guess!

Gliscor - Poison Heal
Jolly
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Toxic Orb
Mix and match to your preference.
- Earthquake
- Taunt/U-turn
- Toxic
- Protect/Substitute

Speed sometimes can help you get a fast Taunt if you are leading, which against Smeargle is pretty good. Taunt then U-Turn / Stealth Rock works wonders, plus it lets Toxic Orb go up without leaving a free turn with Protect.

Gliscor is even better this gen, me likes.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
poison heal gliscor is a solid counter to any roobushin and any breloom 2 of the most fearsome fighters...the ev spread will be full hp,enough speed to outspeed adamant breloom(240)and all the other ev's go to defence with an impish nature...the moveset will be taunt,ice fang,eq and toxic with toxic orb!against bulk up roobushin he is one of the very few pokes who can reliably counte him!!!gliscor comes in when roobushin bulks up or attacks(his atcks are always drain punch bulk up mach punch and either stone edge or payback)pretty easy...he then taunts him while he either attacks or tries to bulk up and in the next turn you toxic him while attacking all the other turns...when the battle is over gliscor will be serious wounded and almost always at red hp but he can easy can come back in one of its 2 immunities and immunity to status and grounded hazards and heal back 1/8 of its turn by just switching in!!!!almost no other poke can acomplish this if roobushin bulks up in the switch without going down with him...most strategies to bring him down involve bringing in a strong special attacker to seriously damage him while the fighter kills it and then you revenge kill it with anything faster(literally everything)that resists mach punch...this is indeed pretty painfull for any team...this gliscor also stops cold every variant of the most fearsome sweeper of gen 5:doryuzu!if it is the balloon variant you ice fang him to break the baloon and next turn you kill him with eq while his sd boosted rock slides do around 100 damage to u....against life orb variant it is even easier as you can kill him immediately without losing even half of your life...!!!this is pretty damn amazing!!!! the only way for the steel-ground monster to win is to flinch you 2 to 3 times in a row with rock slide which only has 90% acuraccy...i dont have the odds for this but i think that it happens less than 1 out of 20 times...and of course poison heal gliscor completely walls both brelooms(poison heal or technician)if it has been poisoned beforehand...the 4th gen gliscor can't do anything of these things just because he needs to roost to keep his life up which means that roobushin's fighting attacks will rape him on the turn he roosts and ballon doryuzu will outright beat him cause he doesn't have any move to damage him and because he only heals 1/16 of his life every turn making flinch killing more easy to happen.and finally the old gliscor can't take any breloom straight up because of spore....so these(not all,but the most important)are the advantages of poison heal gliscor over the old one.

WHOA WALL OF TEXT
There are these things called line breaks. Please learn to use them.

Gliscor is okay. I could see running Poison Heal in conjunction with Hail stall. Losing Roost hurts, but Gliscor is a fighting resist, and a hail team will badly need that. Add Poison Heal canceling out the damage from Hail and healing on top of that.

Gliscor really wants either Acrobat or Aerial Ace if he wants to be a fighting counter. He can Toxic stall Roopushin but depending on the amount of Bulk Ups it has in addition to the Guts boost you're giving it you can easily get unlucky thanks to Stone Edge. SE flying attacks will really help you take it down and out and is more reliable than trying to Toxic stall Roopushin, who can always switch out and save the Guts boost for Mach Punching the rest of your team. Acrobat also really helps with Blaziken and Breloom like you mentioned. Any fighting type really.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
I was going to mention a flying type move too, heh.

244 HP EVs gives gliscor 352 hp instead of 354. This is a lefties number, and probably works for poison heal too.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just thought I would post a set I've been trying it. It has been working decently.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
Ability: Poison Heal
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Fling
- Acrobat
- Earthquake

Magic Lefties numbers is an HP stat divisible by 16. For poison heal you simply need a number divisible by 8. So Poison Heal has twice as many magic numbers as Leftovers. And that is the exact set I posted last page only my nature and EVs are more defensive while yours are offensive.

It's possible that he will get Roost as a DW special,like you know there is a chance to get a 4th gen tutor/egg/w.e. move in Dream World,it's possible that there is a chance of catching a roost Gliscor.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It's possible that he will get Roost as a DW special,like you know there is a chance to get a 4th gen tutor/egg/w.e. move in Dream World,it's possible that there is a chance of catching a roost Gliscor.
Its special moves are lol Tailwind and rofl Feint. No Roost, unfortunately.

Why hasn't anyone noted that Gliscor can have Poison Heal and run Leftovers instead and possibly switch into a toxic against a foe who assumes Gliscor isn't carrying Poison Heal? Effectively you would get more HP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)