Gliscor

how do i counter a poisen heal gliscor? i've been having some trouble against them.
Porygon2 shits on Gliscor like it's its job. It traces Poison Heal so Flinging your Toxic Orb means it gains even more durability, and then it takes you out with Ice Beam. Seriously, if you have problems with Gliscor, throw a Porygon2 on your team.

Other than that, Skarmory can beat it pretty handily, assuming they don't have Taunt. Weezing can work to an extent.

Any decently strong special attacker (and even extremely powerful physical attackers) will be able to get past Gliscor. Ideally, lure it into Flinging its Toxic Orb as you switch to something that doesn't mind it, then just bring in something with some bulk.

Off the top of my head, the best checks are Zapdos (HP Ice is needed), Rotom-W, Starmie, Latios, and Mixed Salamence, at least in my experience. All of these either resist its attacks or will outspeed it while threatening a brutal special attack.

Physical sweepers can't check it once its in really, but there are a few that don't care about it if they've already set up: Adamant Blaziken (+2 LO Flare Blitz can OHKO), SDTerakion (LO), Ice Punch SD Lucario, and a few more.

Gyarados does not particularly care about it either thanks to SE Waterfall.

The worst Gliscors are always the ones with Lefties so you think "lol, I'll just toxic you" and then they've got Poison Heal anyway so they're recovering 18.5% now. That was awful, thankfully that strategy doesn't work often so people don't try it.

The worst Gliscors are always the ones with Lefties so you think "lol, I'll just toxic you" and then they've got Poison Heal anyway so they're recovering 18.5% now. That was awful, thankfully that strategy doesn't work often so people don't try it.
lol...that would be pretty funny

Yeah, that's the kind of strategy that makes your opponent want to hang himself 5% of the time, but makes you facepalm the other 95% because you basically halved your recovery while denying yourself access to Roost and status immunity.

The problem with Gliscor is that when you try to kill it with ice beam,it won't just wait there.

He is going so switch to some special wall..like Blissey...and then even a Porygon2 needs to switch out and if it got poisoned by toxic orb,then it will suffer every time it will face someone else than Gliscor.

So Gliscor is actually pretty hard to take out.

It certainly is tough, but if you have 2-3 good special attackers on your team you can overwhelm him. Water and Ice moves are hardly uncommon. Thundurs/Zapdos with HP Ice are super hard counters to most Gliscor.

I just watched a battle on YouTube. This poke was in it:

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
-Fling
-Thief
-Earthquake
-Protect

This might look like a gimmick, but it is actually very good. Having Leftover+Poison Heal+Protect means lots and lots of recovery

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
-Fling
-Thief
-Earthquake
-Protect

This might look like a gimmick, but it is actually very good. Having Leftover+Poison Heal+Protect means lots and lots of recovery
I loathe the lack of Acrobatics, though. Stealing some leftovers would be nice, but I'd rather stick to Acro.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
-Fling
-Thief
-Earthquake
-Protect

Credit to The Flaming Spade for coming up with the moveset.

suprised uturn isnt mentioned alot, gliscor forces so many switches that a uturn can give you alot of momentum.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
-Fling
-Thief
-Earthquake
-Protect

Actually, couldn't you achieve the same thing with Trick, leaving up a spot for Acrobatics?

Unless of course Gliscor doesn't learn Trick.

Credit to The Flaming Spade for coming up with the moveset.
Despite being a gimmick it has actually worked pretty well as a support for my team. Now I've been running Taunt instead of Protect so that it won't turn into a complete set up bait. Getting ridd of leftovers from opposing walls is always helpful and Poison heal and lefties is just win. Also stealing choice items cripples some opposing sweepers that rely on that extra speed/attack/sp. atk, like specs Latios that's really common and lieks to switch into EQs.

Okay so I'm a total noob, I've been playing Pokemon my whole life in secret and only recently discovered this wonderful world, so bear with me if this is completely idiotic.

But for a poison heal Gliscor I was thinking something like...
Nature-Jolly
EV's in defense and speed (haven't exactly worked out the details yet sorry)
And a move pool like this...
-swords dance
-earthquake
-Facade
-U-turn

I figure with his defensive stats, and poison heal he can switch in on a physical attacker and set up swords dance, then earthquake and facade provide neutral coverage, and U-turn gets him out of trouble and lets you set up with a better suited Pokemon for the situation.

U-turn doesnt really go well with swords dance because then you lose your boost. If you really want a scouting move, you should go with baton pass.

Is it just me, or are there other people that prefer to use Roosting Gliscor as opposed to Poison Heal Gliscor? I mean, healing from a poison status condition (as well as an immunity to other status conditions) is nice and all, but I'd rather have reliable fast healing instead of waiting 4 turns to recover half my health (or 2, if you use up another moveslot for protect).

Some people prefer this, some people prefer that. If you're looking for instant recovery and the option to set up Stealth Rock go for Sand Veil, if you want pseudo-status immunity, a hefty tool in scouting/healing in protect and a powerful STAB Acrobat, go for Poison Heal.

Personally, I prefer Poison Heal, as even though it can't instantly recover 50% health in one turn, the passive healing really accumulates in a nice way, and goes very well with protect, which can be used for scouting as well like I said. Pseudo status immunity helps against certain situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)