Gliscor

He is going so switch to some special wall..like Blissey...and then even a Porygon2 needs to switch out and if it got poisoned by toxic orb,then it will suffer every time it will face someone else than Gliscor.
Blissey can't do anything to Poison Heal Porygon2 while it can Toxic Blissey and force it out.

An offensive Gliscor is also quite effective if it gets it's boosts.

Name: Offensive Gliscor
Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Nature: Adament
EV's: 252HP 252Atk 4Spd

-Swords Dance
-Stone Polish
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Swords Dance and Stone Polish boost your Attack and Speed to respectable levels. Earthquake and Stone Edge give you near perfect coverage with EdgeQuake. Max HP gives you enough bulk to set up, max attack gives you more power.

tehy

Banned deucer.
An offensive Gliscor is also quite effective if it gets it's boosts.

Name: Offensive Gliscor
Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Nature: Adament
EV's: 252HP 252Atk 4Spd

-Swords Dance
-Stone Polish
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Swords Dance and Stone Polish boost your Attack and Speed to respectable levels. Earthquake and Stone Edge give you near perfect coverage with EdgeQuake. Max HP gives you enough bulk to set up, max attack gives you more power.
Firstly, that's rock polish.
Secondly, as much as i understand the need for strength, stone edge seems like a terrible idea to me. Most scors that use stone edge get stalled out, which means you lose to stall teams. This isn't so bad, until you start realising that gliscor isn't great against offensive teams either. Who are you beating with this?

there isnt alot that gliscor really counters. Phisical rachi,machamp, terrakion, and excadrill without balloooon, and thats it. Gliscor needs taunt to beat scrafty and Conkeldrurr. Also blissey without icebeam.

there isnt alot that gliscor really counters. Phisical rachi,machamp, terrakion, and excadrill without balloooon, and thats it. Gliscor needs taunt to beat scrafty and Conkeldrurr. Also blissey without icebeam.
Most Gliscors pack Ice Fang and beat Excadrill with or without balloon. And what can Conkeldurr do to Gliscor?

Gliscor is pretty annoying to counter, although most special attackers carry HP Ice now. Scald and Hydro Pump can do a number on it too. And Conkeldurr can't do jack shit to Gliscor, although Gliscor can't do anything in return. Toxic would ordinarily be a good counter to walls, but it isn't a bright idea to poison Conkeldurr since that's basically like doubling its' attack. At least then you put an expiration date on it, but it can still wreck your team in the process.

yea the only set that can Flat Out beat conkeldurr is the

sub protect toxic set

and the

fling acrobatics set.

if gliscor comes in on a bulk uping conkleudrr, earthquake will do jack shit when his defense is at +1 while he hopes for a crit. (even if you taunt, ur not doing anything to conky) the toxic subprotect set allows u to toxic damage while he cant touch you at all, (u outspeed and stay at same health with subprotect poison heal) and the fling acrobat is lulzy, but a STAB 110 Attack hitting supereffectively? thank you.

Hah, of course. Acrobatics is an awesome move, and it might be able to dent Conkeldurr, even if it's BUing. Conkeldurr can't do jack-shit to Gliscor unless they know he isn't a Poison Healing set, then they could Toxic you.

Just want to say that Special Attackers don't need HP Ice to sack Gliscor, if they have Hidden Power it's probably Fire to deal with Steel types, and only "Mixed" Attackers pack HP Ice to deal with Gliscor.

then again... therent arent much mixed attackers that need hp ice....

infernape has overheat....
and mienshao is purely physical, but runs hp ice.

tehy

Banned deucer.
yea the only set that can Flat Out beat conkeldurr is the

sub protect toxic set

and the

fling acrobatics set.

if gliscor comes in on a bulk uping conkleudrr, earthquake will do jack shit when his defense is at +1 while he hopes for a crit. (even if you taunt, ur not doing anything to conky) the toxic subprotect set allows u to toxic damage while he cant touch you at all, (u outspeed and stay at same health with subprotect poison heal) and the fling acrobat is lulzy, but a STAB 110 Attack hitting supereffectively? thank you.
Yeah, because you can't just... Swords dance, right? Not to mention taunt stops him from setting up more, and drain punch won't do much while you get up to plus 6 and start EQ'ing him in the face.

But most smart players wouldn't just let Gliscor set up in their faces. They would probably switch out to something that could easily counter it, like a Thundurus with HP Ice or something.

then again... therent arent much mixed attackers that need hp ice....

infernape has overheat....
and mienshao is purely physical, but runs hp ice.
Mienshao, and a growing number of Terrakions, are the "Mixed" Attackers I'm talking about, them and Landorus. I used the quotes because they're not really mixed but physical attackers do it just to hit dragons and gliscor. Then again... Infernape could always use Fire Blast and keep it's Sp Atk at useable levels, and Mienshao isn't purely physical if it has Hp Ice...

This is the only gliscor I use, and I use it quite a bit:

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

It looks pretty standard at first, but it has many tweaks to it that make it work for the defensive pivot that I need it to be. First off, the evs give me a healing number, so I gain an extra 1HP ev every turn Also if you do the damage calculations, its actually more physically bulky then the standard gliscor set, by a tad bit.

This set it modled like the defensive set on site, the main diference is this has taunt over toxic, as I found toxic to be generally useless.I would rather not be swept by Conkeldurr and Scarfty just because I have a silly need to toxic Jellicent.

tehy

Banned deucer.
But most smart players wouldn't just let Gliscor set up in their faces. They would probably switch out to something that could easily counter it, like a Thundurus with HP Ice or something.
Then that means you forced out conkeldurr, and can just keep doing so. Which makes it a counter.

Not to mention you can ice fang on the switch-in.

Yep. You could possibly net a KO on the Thundurus with Ice Fang, especially if you were SDing and since Thundurus's defenses aren't all that great to begin with.

tehy

Banned deucer.
This whole argument is as follows.

"Gliscor can only counter conk with toxic and acro sets"
"No, taunt plus SD counters him"
"Well you can switch out"

If your only recourse to a pokemon is switching out, that pokemon fucking counters you.
Seriously, learn to read before jumping in with comments.

Conkeldurr just boosts up and smacks you with guts Payback, probably dying in the process but you're now in the solid range of a KO from Excadrill or Scizor. It's a pretty risky counter to Conkeldurr, in my opinion.

^is that for the swords dance set?
i agree.

with subprotect toxic, he can stall him out while only using pps. it also helps win against:

blissey (sd taunt does too but wtv)
slowbro
tangrowth
bulky dragonite
offensive dragonite
latios (given u have a sub up)
bulkytoed and specs toed.

and much more

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is the only gliscor I use, and I use it quite a bit:

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
OH MY GOD!! SOMEONE FINALLY GETS IT!!

I've been telling people to run a lefties number on Gliscor for months.

This is my set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish
244 HP / 188 Def / 76 Spe

Earthquake
Ice Fang
Taunt
Protect / Swords Dance

This should be the standard IMO. Why are the sets in the analysis running 244 speed?

Conkeldurr just boosts up and smacks you with guts Payback, probably dying in the process but you're now in the solid range of a KO from Excadrill or Scizor. It's a pretty risky counter to Conkeldurr, in my opinion.
What kind of Gliscor are you all running?! I thought that Taunt is the standard?

OH MY GOD!! SOMEONE FINALLY GETS IT!!

I've been telling people to run a lefties number on Gliscor for months.

This is my set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish
244 HP / 188 Def / 76 Spe

Earthquake
Ice Fang
Taunt
Protect / Swords Dance

This should be the standard IMO. Why are the sets in the analysis running 244 speed?
Well I kinda have been addicted to the smogon x-act defense thing. For a while I used another set that was even more physically defensive, but it was only a few evs away from gaining extra health every turn, so I was like "why the hell not."

The speed allows you to outspeed Jolly, max speed, tyranitar. Which I guess is a problem? Its kinda hilarious because most pokemon in that speed range (70-100 base speed), end up having all the same speed.

but at +1 payback still does like 30 percentish.
With protect I heal 25% of my health. I have done it before, with taunt Gliscor always wins, bar like 3 crits in a row or something.

Well I kinda have been addicted to the smogon x-act defense thing. For a while I used another set that was even more physically defensive, but it was only a few evs away from gaining extra health every turn, so I was like "why the hell not."

The speed allows you to outspeed Jolly, max speed, tyranitar. Which I guess is a problem? Its kinda hilarious because most pokemon in that speed range (70-100 base speed), end up having all the same speed
It is for one reason. Some tars use IB with a + speed -sp def (due to the SS patching that up). I have actually seen somebody using a special attacking tar which actually caught my PH score off guard. He chilled my rouge's battie wings to near death. But I protected and KO'd and used protect to get to reasonable health lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)