XY OU Glitter Party

Hello! This is my OU pokemon team that I have been working on for a bit. I am currently at a standstill because there are times I will win 5 games in a row, then lose 5 in a row. I want this team to have more consistency and power. I am SET on these 6 pokemon, but if there is a change that MUST happen, I shall listen :) Thanks guys! I hope you enjoy the team!

(Blastoise) (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse (For the ghost type spin blockers)
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere (For opposing Bisharp, ferrothorn, and other dark ones)

The star of the show! Well.... kinda. haha. Mega-Blastoise is a real threat. From experience, he can take hits and come back to dish out some good damage. The problem I face with him is that on paper, the coverage seems good. In battle, i dont really get good coverage in today's metagame. What sets do you think run well? I ran ice beam for a while and that worked very well against dragons, but then i was always walled by steel types like ferrothorn. Grrr. I hate that thing!

(Rotom-Mow) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Will O Wisp
- Pain Split

Okay, i've been testing this set out and i like it A LOT. I ran an offensive set which seemed to be way more effective for Rotom's purpose, but this team's lack of special walls made this necessary. Leafstorm kills rotom wash and a ton of other threats such as tyranitar, quagsire, and manaphy. I LOVE running a defensive Rotom Mow because the defensive synergy it has with Quagsire is ON POINT. Burn, wall, switch, KO, repeat.

(Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover

I freaking love this guy. Not much to really say about him except that he does his job. Quagsire really is a great pokemon and is phenomenal in today's meta. Unaware catches so many off guard. Love watching them set up swords dance blindly as i use recover for days. Switch in on scizor, gg. Bisharp, gg. Landrous, gg. He can stop so many pokemon, its crazy. We love you quagsire!! #TheRealist

(Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower (Surprise on the Ferrothorn, Bisharp, and Scizor switch-in)
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot

When i switched rotom to a Defensive set, i decided to make togekiss more Offensive, which now seemed to have been a really good idea. haha. This way I can outspeed some pokemon, out of the blue. Flamethrower literally ruins so many lives. I love it.

(Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Lowkey, Weavile is my favorite pokemon of all time. His ice punches and knock offs hit SUPER HARD. My only concern is the damage output i lose on having knock off over night slash. Do you think that matters? Is knock off worth the lower damage output? Hmmm. Low kick is bringing the old school set back. Hits Tyranitar, Snorlax, Bisharp, even Lucario. :P The item is also a concern. I feel like life orb is necessary at times, but then i feel like its a reason he gets KOed quickly. Hmmmm.

(Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

My oh my did I have to swallow my pride to run this beast. I needed a physical offensive power to deal with fairies and throw shade at any toxic shenanigans. While he may be WAAYYYY overused, Bisharp fits very well on the team. Some games he dies hella early, some games he sweeps 5 pokemon. SO random, I know. Replaced stone edge with knock off... best decision ever. haha. This dude hits so hard.

SO YEAH, there's my team! I really hope to hear from you all. Help me reach my goal of 1500 on the ladder!

Last edited:
Interesting Team you have here Dom; here are my thoughts:

1. Mega Blastoise and Weavile are pretty much ON POINT. You kinda need Dark Pulse with all the Aegislash running around (for now) and the random Jellicent that COMPLETELY walls this set. Otherwise, good job here.

2. Quagsire: Curse just seems sub optimal here. Quag is not sweeping anyone and all it takes is a Venusaur with Giga Drain to force you to switch, thus wasting turns that you could have used on other more viable things. Here's what you should be running:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Scald
- Toxic/Yawn
- Earthquake
- Recover

Classic QuagStall. Burn physical sweepers with Scald, set-up is useless thanks to Unaware, EQ is your best physical STAB move and Toxic because its QuagStall unless you really, really HATE Steel Types, then Yawn is an acceptable alternative.

3. Bisharp: I understand that you are feeling "ballsy," but you do realize that Talonflame holding a Choice Band or any other item gets OHKO's by Knock Off on a switch right? (See Below) Thus please change SE < Knock Off.

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 292-344 (97.9 - 115.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

4. Rotom-Mow: Personally I would run a spread of 252 SpA / 40 SpD / 216 Spe. 216 Speed allows you to outspeed Jolly Max Speed Mega Gyrados, who would otherwise annihilate you with Ice Fang. I would actually consider the moveset you posted of WoW / Pain Split / Leaf Storm / Volt Switch as this provides you enough versatility to cripple physical attackers on the switch and a means of pseudo recovery. Lastly, if you do use that moveset, why not try White Herb? This would allow you to Nuke something twice with Leaf Storm as opposed to being one and done. This can also add some surprise factor late game when an opponent thinks that you might be choiced and haven't launched a Leaf Storm yet. Sometimes mind games are awesome ^_^

5. Lastly Togekiss is a bit underwhelming in its role as a Special Wall. For the purpose of the team as presently constituted I would suggest, if possible, the following:

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Atk
Ability: Synchronize
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- U-Turn
- Taunt

This little guy is versatility personified (Look at my signature ^_^); you can lay out Rocks, pivot with U-Turn, taunt opposing hazard layers and of course, recover any accumulated damage. I don't know if this team is on PS or Card so please clarify. Otherwise this would be my choice over Togekiss.

Hope I have been helpful in anyway.

Good Luck in your future battles fren ^_^

I have updated the team with some changes suggested by Rafael! Thank you so much! Haven't hit 1500 yet, but im slowly working up the ladder!!!! :) What does everyone think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)