ORAS OU Glowing Bunnies [Peaked 1750]

GLOWING BUNNIES

Proof of peak:

Hello everyone! This is a team I built around Manaphy + Lopunny, as Lopunny deals out lots of damage early/mid-game with HJK's to give Manaphy room to sweep later on in the game.

Team Building Process:

As I said, the team started with Tail Glow Manaphy and Lopunny.

I added Tangrowth to take hits from things like Excadrill, because my team matched up horribly against Sand and, to an extent, Rain, which Tangrowth deals with pretty well (aside from the Torn on most Rain teams)

Next I added Latios as something to help with Keldeo, which currently destroyed my team because Tangrowth is not AV.

Next on the list was Weavile, which added some extra Speed to the team, helped me beat Torn, deals decently with Latis etc.

Lastly I added Skarmory for both Hazard setting and removing. It was also another switchin to Torn, Drill, amongst other things.

I eventually ended up replacing the last 2 with Tran and Drill, for more reliable Rocks setting, better ways to deal with Clef, dealing out Toxics, a Scarfer and overall better synergy with the team.

THE TEAM:

never no boat (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 48 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Manaphy here is a little faster than the most common set. I'm running this speed to outspeed other Manaphy as well as Landorus which have gotten their Scarf knocked off. The 3 moves allow me to hit pretty much everything in the tier except Ferrothorn very hard at +3. I'm running 48 HP EV's to hit the highest Leftovers number I can, +1 for an odd number. The rest was dumped into Def to take hits from physical attackers better.

pass a fist (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch/Return

This is pretty much the standard Lopunny set, except I run PuP over Return just because it can let Lopunny pull off a late-game sweep after getting rid of things like Clefable. Fake Out, of course, lets me get off the guaranteed Mega, HJK is my spammable STAB and Ice Punch hits Landorus, Garchomp and others.

still in the cut (Tangrowth) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 84 Def / 184 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

This Tangrowth set uses 240 HP for the same reason as Manaphy's EV's, the SpDef lets me take things like 2 Fire Blasts from Offensive Chomp, 3 Moonblasts from Clef and overall just gives me some useful bulk. The rest was dumped into Defense for obvious reasons. I'm running 3 Grass Moves + Knock because all moves on here have nice Utility. Sleep Powder is great because putting a Pokémon to sleep gives me a nice opportunity to set up something of my own, Leech Seed and Giga Drain let me regain health and Knock Off is definitely top 3 in the game. I used to run EQ, but things like Bisharp, Volcanion and Heatran, which I'd usually hit on the switchin or or after taking a hit, aren't very big threats to my team, so I ended up removing it.

drop a draco (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

I'm running a pretty unconventional set on Latios, with a Modest Nature and Thunderbolt. The reason I sometimes run Modest over Timid is just the raw power and the very few Pokémon that actually outspeed me by running it. The things that do that are actually common are offensive Chomp, Jirachi, Mega Gard, Keldeo and Jolly Mega Pinsir. I'm not staying in on Gard, Rachi runs little to no speed if it's not Scarfed, Keldeo outspeeds after an Icy Wind so I'd switch out anyways, otherwise I can still stay in, Chomp doesn't wanna stay in on me and Pinsir is eh, most people run Adamant anyways. There's of course some BL Mons that will outspeed me, but it's not like Salamence, Staraptor, Volcarona and Victini are the most common threats in the OU metagame.
Here's some calcs for Modest Lati vs. Timid Lati:

252+ SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 196-231 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 179-212 (45.4 - 53.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 304-359 (89.1 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 277-328 (81.2 - 96.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 363-426 (95 - 111.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 329-387 (86.1 - 101.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Sidenote: Thunderbolt is mainly there to take on Bulky Waters, which my team can struggle with, as well as to hit things like Tran and Rachi on the switch.

that lava body (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt

I'm running fast Tran here to take on Scizor (even fast Superpower variants), Clefable, Klefki, as well as take a hit or two from i.e. Mega Mane or Weavile. It's my Rocks setter and main status spreader with Lava Plume and Toxic. Taunt has amazing utility against CM Clef, suicide lead Skarm and many other things.

eq hit em below (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Lastly we've got Excadrill. I'm not usually a giant fan of Drill, especially the Scarf set, but it works very well on this team. I don't have to remove Hazards often, and when I do, Drill does it surprisingly well. Earthquake and Iron Head have great coverage together and Rock Slide is really just there for Talon, which can actually be scary if Tran has taken a lot of damage.

THREATLIST

Speed Pass (Scolipede)
If Scolipede passes some Speed Boosts to i.e. a Manaphy and it sets up a Tail Glow, there's really nothing I can do. I have to play around this thing perfectly to win.

Rain (Politoed)
The main check I have to Rain sweepers like Kabutops and MegaPert is Tangrowth, which gets annihilated by Torn. I have to get rid of Torn somehow to fare well against Rain, and I have to play agressively so that Torn doesn't get any free switchins, because Flying type hits are threatening.

Amoonguss
My only way to take a Spore is Tangrowth, which doesn't like taking a Sludge Bomb. I can take it out with Lati, but it's overall just a bitch to face.

Offensive Mega Gard
If this thing comes in, it pretty much gets it kill and I'll have to revengekill it with Drill. Fairy resists are scarce on this team, and the ones that I do have don't appreciate getting Focus Blasted in the face.

Mega Medicham
What's a switchin?

Import: http://pastebin.com/wCRSVyX8

That's pretty much all for my team, I hope you enjoyed reading and please leave feedback :]

I really like the team. Fairies like gardevoir do make it difficult to play around. One thing I did notice, is the shedinja stall team (posted earlier on this forum) can give this team a lot of trouble. might as well click X, because the only thing that can probably hit shedinja is Knock off, lava plume.
Here is a game I player that really showed this teams potential.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-449866451

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-450130219

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)