ORAS OU Go Go Alligator

Hi welcome to my second team featuring feraligatr ! Feraligatr is an interesting pokemon, now with access to sheer force he can hit like a truck, if the move has a secondary effect, to which gatr is in no real danger of a short supply, with his stab waterfall being the biggest boon of this ability. On top of this feraliagtr has access to a paraphernalia of boosting moves (this tam using his best -dragon dance) in sword dance, agility and dragon dance. Oh that other bonus of not taking damage from booste moves from life orb too. All This and is lack of taking a mega slot make feraligatr a solid choice for a team looking for a rasonsonably robust non mega water type dragon dancer.

First up the gatr himself, the dragon dance set chosen, as it's his best bet at comepting in ou, so makes for a good start to build the team around.

Originally talonflame, charzard-y jumps onto the team, as it has less issues with water types and heatran as it's feathery brethren.

wow we are looking at a starter pack now! On a serious note, serpeior joins the team as the grass of this teams fire/grass/water baised core. Serpy earns it's place through it's powerful wall breaking potential, thanks to acess to stab nasty plot leaf storm and accptable coverage options.

Time for a defogger an the best choice is naturally latios with it's stellar offensive capabilities, it finds plenty of opportunities to get rid of rocks a nice typing to boot.

rawr I am a giant dinosaur, godzilla thing. tyranitar tyranitar joins the team as a sturdy user of sr and his ability to pursuit trap the lati twins whom the team is not partial to.

needed a choice scarf user and ladorus-t fits the bill, with his stellar typing, intimidate and uiturn to mess with his opponents.

lando-t wasn't working out as i was open to some fairy biased threats, so jirachi comes to the table as a dcnt scarf user, that deals with clefable and mega-gardivoir, with tyranitar covering some of the weaknesses to dark

Scizor and excadrill joint he team with excadrill to abuse sand and scizor to revenge kill threats.

sheer force
4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
-Waterfall
-Low Kick
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch

Feraligatr is now an interesting pokemon, thanks to sheer force he now has access to 1.3x boosted life orb reconciles moves, he hits pretty hard. Feraliagtr's power, typing, stellar movepool and lack of mega slot usage, crave the gatr a niche in ou. Gatr joins the team as a dragon dancer of noble caliber and his set is pretty straightforward ; dragon dance for boosting, low kick for coverage against steels like ferrothorn, + gliscor/lando, crunch for covrage against onions, eon twins and psychics in general, ; the eves maxmise in attack and speed with jolly to out speed threats such as mega-lopbunny.

Modest
252 SpA / 252 spe / 4 Def
-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Focus Blast
-Roost

Charizard-y roars onto the table as a capable wall breaker of the team as a part of the F/W/G core of the team. Charzard-y find it's self as mentioned replacing talonflame as it is better equiped to deal with heatran and water types in general. The set is simple as the all out wall breaker, ; Fire blast for very reliable stab, solar beam for water and grass type destruction, focus blast for coverage against the likes of heatran and roost for reliable rcovery. The eves are straight fard maximising Sp attack and speeed with a modest nature for the extra power as timid isn't out speeding anything hugely retentive.

Contary
252 SpA / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Hidden Power Fire
-Glare

Serpeior, much like feraligatr is a starter pokemon that has risen into ou limelight by virtue of a hidden ability -contary. with contary serpy gets a new lease of life, with a nasty plot oosted leaf storm, allowing it to destroy stall and hurt balance with a vengeance. The set is simpl enough, timid for maximising speed, eves also maximising special attack and speed. The move set is also straightforward, leaf storm for nasty plot stab, dragon pulse for coverage, hidden power fir to hit steels, glare to sripple threats that switch in expectign to wall serperior, like heatran.

Sand Rush
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 def
Adamant
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Rapid spin
-Rock slide

Exacdrill joins the team as a sand sweeper and rapid spinner. Thanks to a stellar typing, great attack and decent speed excadrill can plow through enemy teams with relative ease. the move pool is simple duel stab for offensive coverage and rock slide for quakeslide coverage :P and finally rapid spin to get rocks off the field for charizard. The adamant nature allows for maximum damage and maxium eves in offence and speed.

Sand Stream
248 Hp / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Relaxed
-Stone edge
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Pursuit

The big bad dino is not supporting his sand tam here, and is favouring a more supportive role. His main role is to deal with the lati twins and other psychics that may threatent h tam and act as a sturdy reliable usr of stealth rock. The move set/nature allows tyrnaitar to go mixed, with Ic beam to cripple would be ground type switch ins and friends, with sr for sr, pursuit for the twins and pals, and stone edge for stab coverage. The evs are biased from the standard set provided and with a relaxed nature to help with mixed bulk.

Technician
248HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
jolly
-Bullet punch
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Knock Off

Scizor joins the team as the new revenge killer. Thanks to his bulk and move pool scizor is ready to cause havoc, with access to stab technician boosted bullet punch, knock off for dark trolly coverage, superpower to push past normal and steel types and finally stab u-turn for scouting. The eves allow scizor maxium bulk and attack with a little special defence on the side.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Low Kick
- Crunch
- Waterfall

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Dragon Pulse

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid spin
- Rock slide

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Hp
Adamant Nature
- Bullet punch
- U-turn
- knock off
- Superpower

Last edited:

leremyju

Banned deucer.
If you are running Zard Y, I think putting Roost on Latios over Surf is better. Your team lacks Keldeo switch ins, and if Lati is that switch, it will get worn down. With Roost Latios lasts longer and can Defog throughout the game rather than dying mid game.

You might want to consider Low Kick/Superpower over Ice Punch. This is so you are not walled by Ferrothorn. Even though you have Zard, you don't exactly want to lose your opportunity to sweep. The bulky grasses in this tier are usually just Celebi and Venusaur. Celebi is beaten by Crunch and Zard handles Venu.

I'm not sir why you have Fire Blast for Bisharp if Ttar is slower and is hit by Iron Head. I want to suggest Ice Beam over Fire Blast to hit Lando T/I and Garchomp that think it is "free rocks" or a Rock Polish set up.

It's a pretty solid team, I think you should try out some of these changes and see if it works for you.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Feralogatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Low Kick / Superpower

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Strak
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
You like the Grass, Fire, Water Core. Nice team but imo have you ever thought of using sand rush excadrill. Its a monster and works well with this meta. You could replace it with latios since it knocks rapid spin. I don't know what would replace jirachi since you don't want to many of the same weakness. Hope I helped :]

You like the Grass, Fire, Water Core. Nice team but imo have you ever thought of using sand rush excadrill. Its a monster and works well with this meta. You could replace it with latios since it knocks rapid spin. I don't know what would replace jirachi since you don't want to many of the same weakness. Hope I helped :]
intresting proposition and i think i know the replacement in cb scizor to gain momentum and revenge kill with bp, bulky enought o take on loppobunny and pals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)