God Hates Us! [Final Gen 4 RMT - Peaked #10]

Bleed

It's been almost two years since I posted my last DPP RMT, and about a year since I posted an RMT at all. However I felt like doing something for my 2K and since a few people have asked me to post this team I figured I would. It's easily been the best/most successful DPP team I've ever made; it won a Smogon Tour, went undefeated whenever I used it in ST14, including going 2-0 in the finals, and has just been a really reliable team as a whole.

In March 2012, I was building a team around a set I'd never used before, Life Orb Aerodactyl. It seemed to function best with sand; I'd been using Tyranitar a lot, and decided to try Hippowdon instead.

SpDef Hippowdon | LO Aero

Aero seemed to force a lot of switches. Blessed as I am with extraordinary brainpower, I used my brilliant powers of logic to deduced that Spikes Roserade would pair well with it. Scarf Rotom-A was also added for spin-blocking + revenge-killing duties.

SpDef Hippo | Spikes Rose | Scarf Rotom | LO Aero

I run waters on almost all my teams, and Starmie seemed to be the best fit here, since it is the best spinner in the tier, something very much appreciated on a team with Aerodactyl.

SpDef Hippo | SpikesRade | Scarf Rotom | Bulky Starmie | SubRoost Aero

Mostly everything seemed to be covered, except for the fact that I had no Steel. So, I threw on WishCM Jirachi. The idea was that it could tank stuff, pass Wishes to Hippo/Starmie early-/mid-game, and sweep late-game when its counters'd been worn down.

SpDef Hippo | SpikesRade | Scarf Rotom | Bulky Starmie | WishCM Jira | SubRoost Aero

With this initial version of the team, I won a tour. There were some issues with it, though; I'd managed to maneuver around them for the most part, but if they were played well, they had the potential to give me a really tough time, namely Breloom. I also wasn't liking how Jirachi was dead weight with its current set, since it was hard-pressed to heal itself, and didn't sweep very often. I mentioned these issues to my buddy Fakes, who had made a near carbon copy of the team on his own; his version, however, had specially defensive Jirachi with Wish | Protect/U-turn | Toxic/Body Slam| Iron Head instead of the WishCM set I had. I tried the SpD set out and suddenly Jirachi was consistently performing much better.

SpD Hippo | SpikesRade | Scarf Rotom | Bulky Starmie | SpD Jira | SubRoost Aero

I liked the team a lot at this point. However, physical dragons were a pain in the ass, since my only Steel didn't like taking Earthquakes. I decided to try Skarmory over Jirachi, which freed up Roserade to run Toxic Spikes.

SpD Hippo | Skarm | TS Rose | Scarf Rotom | Bulky Starmie | SubRoost Aero

I messed around with Forretress + different waters, as well as Venusaur over Roserade, but that didn't work out too well. I went back to Skarm / Rose / Star and it was the most reliable version that, after all my testing and experimenting, had proved itself to be the best team I'd ever made.
Say hi.

Hippowdon***Lethargica
Sand Stream | Leftovers
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef | Careful / Impish
~ Stealth Rock
~ Slack Off
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Fang

Hippo should definitely see more use than it currently does. It gets up SR with incredible ease, whips up the sand that makes Aerodactyl so deadly, and counters a ton of shit, namely Dragonite, CM Jirachi, and Tyranitar. Careful is unbelievably bulky on the special side; to give you an idea of how monstrous it is, it lives Surf from Specs Kingdra. Impish is a viable alternative though because you still live mostly everything you need to on the special side while gaining some nice physical bulk which is useful for fending off Tyranitar, who is the best mon in DPP. Ice Fang forces LO Aero to Roost so you can EQ its face off and also hits Dragonite / Gengar / Breloom.

Skarmory***Pravus
Keen Eye | Leftovers
248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SDef | Impish
~ Spikes
~ Whirlwind
~ Roost
~ Brave Bird

Skarm pairs well with Hippo since they come in on each others' weaknesses to set up hazards early game. Impish with SpD investment is the most useful spread overall for tanking Outrages & Draco Meteors. Skarm holds off a lot of nigs in general, most notably DD Kingdra, offensive Suicune, and Breloom (sort of).

Roserade***Combustion
Natural Cure | Black Sludge
248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SDef | Calm
~ Toxic Spikes
~ Rest
~ Leaf Storm / Grass Knot / Energy Ball
~ Hidden Power [Fire]

Rade lays down and/or absorbs Toxic Spikes while checking a lot of stuff. Usually gets a free switch into opposing Rotom after it switches in on Starmie. If Skarm is weakened, Rose covers its back against Shaymin and Suicune.

Rotom-H***Electric Red
Levitate | Choice Scarf
240 HP / 24 Def / 92 SAtk / 24 SDef / 128 Spd | Timid
~ Thunderbolt
~ Trick
~ Overheat
~ Shadow Ball

Ghostface here blocks spin and revenge kills almost everything. Overheat is good coverage against steels, mainly used for destroying Forretress & Lucario.

Starmie***obZen
Natural Cure | Leftovers
248 HP / 176 Def / 12 SAtk / 16 SDef / 56 Spd | Bold
~ Hydro Pump
~ Thunderbolt
~ Rapid Spin
~ Recover

Easy spin against the most common SR mon in the game on a team with an SR weak mon...yes please. The defense investment makes it harder for ScarfTar to trap me and lets me counter Gyarados better, as well as switch into shit like Gliscor's Earthquake more easily. Hydro over Surf to leave larger dents in Rotom trying to spinblock. A faster spread to outrun Gengar & Infernape can work but I prefer the much increased bulk.

Aerodactyl***Bleed
Pressure | Leftovers
248 HP / 116 SDef / 144 Spd | Jolly
~ Substitute
~ Roost
~ Taunt
~ Rock Slide

Bleed...this prehistoric terror is absolutely incredible. Once he gets going, he's more than capable of soloing entire teams with little to no effort. He wears his unfortunate victims down with sand + hazards + Rock Slide; more offensive mons cannot stomach too many of these, while defensive mons struggle to do damage and are prevented from healing themselves or phazing Aero out thanks to Taunt. He also drains PP ridiculously fast with Pressure and is very hard to kill with a special attack by virtue of having a Special Defense stat of 323 under sand.

Unfortunately, Aero doesn't cover too much defensively and has a lot of weaknesses that you only have 5 slots to cover, so playing around some threats is going to be a tricky dance. However, Aero is so goddamn good at what he does that it is definitely worth it to not have everything perfectly covered. Give him a try and I guarantee he will produce excellent results.

---

So yea that's the team!! I kinda half-assed the rmt so I might make it look pretty l8r idk. Any suggestions would be gr8. Thanks 4 reading :toast:

6A9 Ace Matador | i'm saving the best for last so may as well get this trash out of the way LOL nah but seriously i met you when i first joined the scooters and i'm glad i did! not only are you a stupidly good pkmner, youre also a v smart guy in general who i can talk to about a million different things, and youve got your friends' backs, which is a very appreciated quality. i'll get you to like metal someday
Atticus |
gene |
Gouki |
Bluewind |
Aldaron |
franky |
Floppy | GORGIE!!!
bro fist |
Fiction |
Funkasaurus |
Jirachi |
PenguinX |
Heist |
tab |
Poppy |
Smith |
Lavos Spawn |
undisputed |
Bloo |
Stone_Cold |
dragonuser |
Thatsjustpeachy |
kd24 |
Haunter |
Delko |
Harsha |
yee |
ThatsMyLatios |
High Impulse |
windsong |
CrashingBoomBang |
Ginku | youre ok for po trash & your taste in rap aint half bad either
Fakes |
Lohgock |
Stallion |
McMeghan |
Ojama |
trickroom |
Blue_Star |
DoomVM |
ala |
august |
Taylor |
Sir |
ToF | youve been occasionally helping me out with dp teams ever since spl2 right up till tour finals vs mcm...even though youre hotheaded af youre a good guy, a really solid player & i'm glad you got a trophy
CTC |
Princess Bri |
Problems | i dont think i've ever met anyone with worse grammar xD youre a cool dude even tho your accent makes it sound like youre permanently drunk and/or high
jasonpwn | even though youre pretty retarded youre a good kid & i give you mad props for sticking up to limitless
Novaray | if you stop trying to fit in everywhere youll be a lot better off
Sayonara | i'm glad youve kicked the habit of posting an rmt every 3 weeks or so. i still remember you as kira light & expert physics lol
anyone i havent mentioned specifically from the scooters or east - if it werent for team tournaments i wouldnt still be playing pokemon & you guys are the reason for that

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey there!

I just have one minor suggestion. Since you mentioned Bronzong to keep Pokémon such as Agility Metagross, Empoleon, etc. in check, while Trick Room does turn the tables on them, ironically, you can't really do anything back to them except outright Exploding; which only does 44.4% - 52.3% and 64.9% - 76.6% respectively. I don't know if thats what you had in mind.

Therefore, I would recommend moving Stealth Rock to Heatran in place of Earth Power. Chances are, you will be switching out of every other lead Heatran and Heatran in general because you are slower. That way, you can put Earthquake on Bronzong so you can keep said threats in check without resorting to Explosion. Furthermore, you can also severely hurt Heatran and Infernape who would wall you otherwise, especially Heatran as you will just be killing yourself with Explosion, as you only do 54.5% - 64.1% to 0/0 variants.

Good luck and hope I helped.

well, now that Salamence is Ubers, I suggest you find something more productive to replace the positions of Milotic and Bronzong with more effective lure and killers

Hi i only have time for a quick rate but here goes.
Max Speed Timid on Heatran, might as well try for the Speed tie. also on Heatran change Fire Blast for SR, you need Earth Power on Heatran otherwise it is utterly walled.
Put Earthquake on Bronzong over SR now to defeat the threats mentioned by Symphony.
this is tiny but use Leftovers over Black Sludge to avoid being tricked it back on to a non poison Pokemon.
Hope you take my ideas into consideration. GL with the team!

I actually think you should keep SR on Bronzong, and instead replace Trick Room with Earthquake. You say TR helps you counter Agility Sweepers, but all those Agility Sweepers are weak to Ground, so you can KO them right away.

Metagross: Can't hurt you, since Thunderpunch might not even 3KO, EQ does 35.9% - 42.6% in return, which is a 2KO with some LO and residual damage.

Empoleon: You survive Surf providing you are in decent health, and they are usually in low health anyway, so EQ cleanly takes it out.

Lucario: yes +2 CC OHKOs you, but Lucario should not be a problem with Scarf Rotom-a here.

So yeah, I think EQ would be better, but it's your choice I guess.

GL

I agree with the folks saying replace fire blast on heatran with stealth rock and replace stealth rock on bronzong with earthquake.

Hi BKC,

So this is obviously a solid team already, and there isn't much left to fix. The only suggestion I'd like to make for the time being is rather minor. I want to make the same recommendation that I've been giving to teams with Choice Specs Heatran, and that is to try out this LO set instead:

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP/84 Spe/252 SpA
Mild Nature (+SpA, -Def)
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Grass
- Explosion

This set is very similar to the Choice Specs set in terms of the way it is played. Overheat with Life Orb will still net the OHKO on Machamp, and Hidden Power Grass will still take out Swampert leads without any trouble. I prefer Explosion on the moveset over Fire Blast because it provides Heatran with a way to take out special walls such as Blissey and Snorlax, but the choice is up to you. More EVs in speed can also be used if you feel the need to outpace anything other than bulky Rotom, which this set manages to outspeed, but I've personally found the added bulk to be great for getting Heatran back in during later stages of the match to cause some more damage by firing off some more powerful Overheats.

Good luck with your team!

Rating by request.

Hey Blazin Kickin Chicken, sorry I'm a few days late on your rate request; I have been doing a lot of Black and White research, which has been keeping me busy. Anyways, this team has a very solid defensive core it looks like. In terms of offensive threats, you pretty much have everything covered. My biggest concern for this team is a combination of Pokemon. Namely, the combination of Pursuit + anything that sets up to sweep, like Lucario, Dragonite, Tyranitar, etc. In fact, you are ironically weak against Dragon Dance Tyranitar yourself in general. The other concern I have for this team is the fact that your clean up Pokemon gets destroyed by the number 1 revenge killer in the game - Scarf Flygon, who also takes hardly any damage from entry hazards, so I'm sure you'll find that the pesky Dragon is often around at the end of the match to make sure Tyranitar doesn't sweep. To patch up both these holes, I would like to suggest a different Pokemon be used in Tyranitar's place for this team. I think bulky Swords Dance Scizor would make the perfect replacement here. Scizor will give you a nice priority attack to use in case something gets out of control, and at the same time, it makes for a perfect clean up Pokemon for your team. The only threat I can see you not covering with Scizor that Tyranitar once helped take out is Heatran, but between Trick Room Bronzong and Milotic forcing Heatran in and out with Spikes + SR damage, I think you should be able to successfully bait it out before Scizor has to show up. The specific set I'm talking about is:

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant, 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Technician
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite
-Roost

This thing can set up just as easily, if not even more easily than Tyranitar can against special threats, and dish out some major damage, while also providing mid-game utility. All in all, I think this final piece will really tie your team together and help you win more matches. All in all, a very solid team though, as your success has proven, so great job. I'm liking this thread :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)