1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

God Tier (Dual Screens Team)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Smexymillz, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Smexymillz

Smexymillz

God Tier (A Dual Screens Team)

This is my first RMT (First Post) and I'm mostly here for advice really on how to improve my team.

[AT A GLANCE]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The main aim of this team is to set up screens, taunt and rocks with Azelf and then choose the most suitable sweeper for the job at hand. Its a basic team I started using after becoming bored of all the weather teams I saw running about so decided to try something different. I managed to peak at 1800 on pokemon showdown before I went on a losing streak hence why I wanna see what I can do to make this team better.

[​IMG]
    Affliction (Azelf) @ Light Clay
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect

Taunt to stop other mons from setting up, Dual Screens and rocks just in-case I can get them off. I tried other leads but Azelfs speed and moveset just appealed to me. It allowed me to get screens up and bring in a sweeper nice and calmly unless he died due to me guessing there first attack wrong.

[​IMG]
    Torment (Espeon) (M) @ Light Clay
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psyshock
    - Wish

Espeon is on the team in order to heal and set up mid game screens. I chose Espeon due to not wanted rocks on the field and gave it wish so it can allow one of my sweepers to come in, set up and then regain some health. Psyshock is there for Blisseys and other mons I want to hit for at least some damage

[​IMG]
    Ruin (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Brick Break

Finishes off weak opponents, Stops dragons, sets up on a few mons and has generally helped this team alot more than Lucario has thus far.
    Really liking Scizor on this team

[​IMG]
    Despair (Salamence) (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Claw
    - Brick Break

One this guy gets set up and kills one mon I've rarely seen him stopped. He is the MVP and does most of the heavy lifting. Dragon Dance to get started, Fire fang for Ferrothorn/ Steel/Grass Types, Dragon Claw for a reliable move to hit people with and Brick break for Blissey and wall type mons who try to wall me. Once Salamence kills one mon he just keeps the train running because of Moxie and keeps killing.

[​IMG]
    Resentment (Raikou) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Rash Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Aura Sphere
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

I chose Rash nature for Aura Sphere and so that I do not get walled by Ferro in rain teams as they love to send him out vs Rai. Calm Mind to set up, Aura for Ferro and walls, Thunderbolt for STAB and HP Ice for that good bolt beam coverage. This is the guy I usually use against rain teams to some success as they don't expect him to put in so much work. Lum berry because I hate status weakening my sweepers.

[​IMG]
    Relentless (Keldeo) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Hydro Pump
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power Ice

Keldeo is on here because I decided I wanted to try someone other than Moxie Gyarados and found him to be quite fun. Calm mind to set up, Hydro pump for a solid STAB move, Secret Sword for another and Icy Wind because I decided to try it and slow down Latios/Latias when it was recommended to me after a game.

As you've noticed I have lum berrys on all my sweepers because I hate status's as they render my sweepers useless and can really ruin my chances of sweeping their whole team. My team used to have Jiraichi with body slam, Screens and healing wish instead of Espeon and Hitmontop as a rapid spinner instead of lucario.
    My main problem is I will go on streaks where I will body people on win streaks and then I have days where I feel I cannot get a win I simply wish to make this team more consistent.

Importable Code (open)
    Affliction (Azelf) @ Light Clay
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect

Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Brick Break

Torment (Espeon) (M) @ Light Clay
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psyshock
    - Wish

Despair (Salamence) (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Fire Blast
    - Outrage
    - Brick Break

Resentment (Raikou) @ Lum Berry
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Rash Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Aura Sphere
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Relentless (Keldeo) @ Lum Berry
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

2. shiranai

shiranai

Even though status cripples your sweepers, other sweepers also get damaged from them too, but it doesn't mean they should always carry a Lum Berry. Your team use quite well the Dual Screens with all the setup sweepers, but here some few changes you could do:

Both Raikou and Keldeo will appreciate another item instead of Lum Berry; both of them would love either a Life Orb or a Leftovers. Actually, Raikou would prefer a SubCM build with Leftovers: you will miss the coverage Aura Sphere, but with a SubCM build you will be able to run a Timid nature instead of Rash, while still being able to scare Ferrothorn, that, unless it carries the not so accurate Power Whip, it will be unable to properly hit Raikou while it setups enough Calm Minds to defeat it with HP Ice. Keldeo, on the other hand, will prefer a Life Orb, since it will always be like a kil-or-be-killed pokémon.

Salamance will appreciate Fire Blast instead of Fire Fang, for two main reasons: Fire Blast have a bigger base power than Fire Fang, helping a lot in getting one of the first KOes Moxie needs to get started; the second reason is being able to hit Skarmory way harder (you will never land a OHKO without less than +3 Atk in a physical defensive Skarmory, even with Stealth Rock, giving time to it phaze Salamance). And again, even Salamance apprecianting a lot more Lum Berry than either Raikou or Keldeo, Lum Berry isn't the best item, since Salamance needs any boost to get Moxie rolling, making Life Orb a better option.

Lucario, also, doesn't appreciate Lum Berry. Actually, besides for a burn, that you can avoid with Espeon unless coming from a Scald, Lucario won't bother with statuses: being a steel makes it immune to poison; Extremespeed being one of the main reasons to run Lucario also kind of make it laugh in paralysis; and freeze, well, this screws anyone... Lucario could either run a Focus Sash, making easier to setup a Swords Dance since it doesn't take residual damage from sand, or a Life Orb, if you wish more immediate power.

Even though I don't like Azelf as a screen setuper (I usually prefer Bronzorg) I can't really make a real rate here since I never used this kind of strategy.

Last thing I noticed: why there are so many pokes with 30 IVs, even though they don't run Hidden Power?

So, this is what I have to say to your team, since I usually don't like to give replacements for the team (I'm not quite good with it too), so I hope I could be of some help, and good luck with it.

tl;dr (open)
    [​IMG]Raikou: change current set to this:
    Raikou @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

[​IMG]Keldeo: Lum Berry => Life Orb

[​IMG]Salamance: Fire Fang => Fire Blast and Lum Berry=> Life Orb

[​IMG]Lucario: Lum Berry =>Focus Sash/Life Orb
  3. Smexymillz

Smexymillz

Thanks I shall try this now I and see how it works out
  4. Cinco Diablo

Cinco Diablo

Hello.

This an excellent Dual Screens Hyper Offense team you have got going on here. This team is very well put together, but with every other single team I've seen, this one has flaws, and hopefully this rate can help somehow fix these flaws. So, without further adu, let's get to the team! Okay, first off, I would highly reccomend changing Wish on Espeon in favour of Hidden Power Fire. Hidden Power Fire is extremely useful, as it can easily OHKO Scizor, even without any investment. Up next, I support shiranai's suggestion of Life Orb over Lum Berry, as it provides a 20% extra damage out put. Also on Lucario, I suggest running an Adamant Nature over your current choice of Jolly. With Adamant, Lucario reaches a extremely high Attack of 700, adding in Life Orb damage, it can literally OHKO the entire metagame, even with or withour support. Up next, I would like to suggest running a Choice Scarf set on Salamence over your current set. Scarfmence with Moxie is one of the greatest late game sweepers in the metagame today, because when you remove the steel types that otherwise hinder it, Outrage will score huge damae on nearly everything. Well, that's all I have to say for this now. I hope my advice helped. Have fun and good luck with your team!

Set (open)

[​IMG]
    Salamence @ Choice Scarf Lv. 100 -- Moxie

Nature: Naive - EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd

- Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw

~Dr Ciel~ (The doctor is OUT)
  5. Smexymillz

Smexymillz

Added this instead of Lucario

[​IMG]
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Brick Break

Stops outrage dragons and finished off anything my sweepers don't. Currently loving the team at the moment.
    I tried Keldeo with Life orb and it just didnt work status cripples him way to much also gave him HP Ice.
    Added outrage to Salamence for sweeping teams after the steel types are gone and added fireblast for skamory/ferro/steels.
    Left the rash set on Raikou as I just do not like the submind set at all
  6. shiranai

shiranai

Any special reason for these IVs? i'm just curious about it, since you're taking 1 status from atk. Also, if possible, always edit the original post, making easier to rate team after the changes.
  7. Smexymillz

Smexymillz

No special reason for them they are just the IVs on there after my copy paste from the pokemon showdown team editor
  8. Alexander.

Alexander. Banned deucer.

Hello man!

First of all, I see that your team lacks a revenge-killer. Revenge-killers are very very important in the current BW OU metagame because they allow you to deal threats like Volcarona, Dragonite, Terrakion and so on better. Therefore, I suggest you to change Keldeo's set in a Choice Scarf one. I will post Keldeo's set below in this rate anyway it's very good revenge-killer and it's a good late game sweeper too when water resistors are died. Then, I agree with Dr Ciel's suggestion to use Hidden Power Fire, replacing Wish on Espeon. Hidden Power Fire smashs Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Scizor and that's pretty useful. Third, on Scizor I suggest you to change Brick Break into Superpower because it has simple more fire power to hit hard stuff like Ferrothorn and Heatran even without boost from Sword Dance and to hit harder Skarmory after one Sword Dance. Finally, on Salamence I'd use Earthquake, replacing Brick Break. Earthquake is more useful than Brick Break because it allows you to hit harder Jirachi when rain is up and Heatran which can give some trouble to Salamence.

Here's the set you should use:

Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Secret Sword
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Hydro Pump

Good luck!
  9. Smexymillz

Smexymillz

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)