Godfather RTM Mafia Postgame

I was asked to write this up because of how much fun it was!

Spreadsheet

This game was based on an idea by StrangerDanger. There's a united mafia facing a scattered majority like usual, but the majority is also split in two groups. Initially, they win together, but if a certain person (I believe SD called it "lynchpin") dies, they become each other's enemies as well, making it a three-way war. The factions were the FCBI (evil faction), French Canadian Mafia (village group) and Italian Mafia (village group).

Due to the kind of difficult number of players (13), I gave each faction 4 guys, though in hindsight the FCBI was a tad too strong and could have done with one man less.

The lynchpin was ReyScarface, the Godfather. His win condition would always be "You win if the FCBI loses", and initially his only role was just his death effect, but he gained Yes/No asking abilities when the FCBI went without casualties for a cycle.

The FCBI was pretty damn strong. They had four united people, one of which was evan, and besides a kill that never goes away they had silencer, persuader, inspector and back-up guy. However, they had no way to protect themselves against night kills, and of course they start in the minority.

Each of the village groups had a bodyguard, a killer, an inspector and a back-up guy. However, the two killers, the French inspector and the Italian bodyguard could not actually use their role until the village was split.

Rey just tried to gather claims from people by public claiming early on. I'm not sure how many people did come to him...I know some of the bodyguards/back-up guys did. Some people claimed in public as well and got chastised for it, which was pretty funny, but not really as big of a deal as people make it out to be considering bodyguards could protect themselves.

jumpluff started out as active Italian inspector and found the French bodyguard iss, convinced him she was French, and got protection from him for a bit. She also found one of the FCBI, Zach, but had a hard time getting this to the public due to being silenced.

evan, however, led the FCBI with extreme efficiency, encouraging the team to talk in public and setting up optimal targets. Already in the second cycle, just when I was about to end the night he changed his entire plan to get Rey killed so they could ally with one of the groups, killing those at night while lynching the other at day, using their vote-manipulating roles to full effect. This ended up working almost perfectly...once they silenced iss and persuaded someone else to vote him only to find that lesm killed iss that very night, but that didn't end up stopping them. evan kept track of things and put FCBI in positions where they couldn't lose anymore, making him definitely the MVP of this game.

I definitely want to host this format more often, it was a ton of fun.

Very cool game, congrats evan.

Also, Jumpluff didn't only convince iss that she was French, LightWolf also got fooled which led me to lead a lynch againt him when he was my team's killer. So, yeah, thank you very much miss. :D

For future games, I think the FCBI should be a tad weaker but really, not by much, it could have worked this way. The main problem imo was that the Italians had their inspector active from the start whereas us Frenchmen had the BG, which, as evan stated after the game, resulted in the French BG being a bit clueless and protecting the Gofather, giving the Italians more and more time to gather inspection results and then have the upper hand against the FC when the game becomes a three-way fight.

I think the game simply needs more players to become a lot more enjoyable. With 19 players (5 FCBI, 6 Italians, 6 FC, 1 Hooker-Godfather and 1 Neutral or Godfather assistant), it would have been very cool.

Thanks Mekkah!

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This game was so much fun. Glad I decided to join it at the last minute. Notes from the FCBI side:

We luck-killed dak (italian bg) n1, thus voiding the backup guy and inspected Accent (french inspector). This lead me to believe that the village had no night roles until Godfather was lynched which I would later learn was quite false. Originally I had planned to keep Rey alive so that they could not do anything except blindly lynch until I realised that Godfather can just collect claims because he will never be against the italians or french and he needed to be taken care of, leading up to his death.

By N3 I was convinced that the French were: Accent, iss, Nook, and Kublai and Italian were: jumpluff, dak, Lesm, and LightWolf which proved to be slightly off, but it didn't matter.

Late game FCBI was way overpowered with both Silencer and Persuader. We could pretty much eliminate the ability for one side to vote in the day, especially at the end, and control the game even if we didn't have a numbers advantage. Losing one of those (probably Persuader) would have made it more even, while still letting us keep consensus kill. It's tough not to make FCBI too overpowered late game while not making them so underpowered early game when the village is 'united'.

Great game though and I look forward to playing it again if it ever turns up in a Big Mafia setting. Good game my worthy opponents!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
This was a very fun game, sad that I died N2 because I had lots of plans! Though thanks all of you who claimed in the public (im looking at you ISS). I was praying that the FCBI didnt notice Iss wasnt able to protect me that night because of his screw up in main chat, but damnit I guess they did. I contacted jumpluff, mattimeo, iss and nook mainly. Unfortunately I did a mistake. I had in my mind stuck that Lesm and Dubulous were mafia (hey i was right bout dubulous) and I also knew Bass wasnt clean, so Lesm contacted me asking for the one that claimed inspector to me (jumpluff), but as I said, I thought he was mafia, so I told Lesm Bass. After my dead I didnt keep track of the game, so I dont know if telling Lesm that Bass was clean when he was evil screwed things up.

Anyways, fun game, thanks for hosting Mekkah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)