Gods Among Us (Now Playable!!!!!)

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
GODS AMONG US!!!!
Approved by Eevee General
Gods Among Us is just like a regular metagame, but with a twist. All Uber Pokémon are nerfed and introduced into OU! This is accomplished by a simple formula, (A÷2)+40, where A
represent the Pokémon's stats. This shakes up the metagame, introducing new threats and reviving old ones. Here is the new stat changes as listed below.
Aegislash- 70/65/115/65/115/65
Arceus- 100/100/100/100/100/100
Blaziken- 80/100/75/95/75/80
Darkrai- 75/85/85/107/85/102
Deoxys- 65/115/65/115/65/115
Deoxys-A- 65/130/50/130/50/115
Deoxys-D- 65/75/120/75/120/85
Deoxys-S- 65/87/85/87/85/130
Dialga- 90/100/100/115/90/85
Genesect- 75/100/87/100/87/89
Giratina- 115/90/100/90/100/85
Greninja- 76/87/73/91/75/101
Groudon- 90/115/110/90/85/85
Ho-Oh- 93/105/85/95/117/85
Kyogre- 90/85/85/115/110/85
Kyurem-W- 102/100/85/125/90/87
Landorus- 89/102/85/97/80/90
Lugia- 93/85/105/85/117/95
Mewtwo- 93/95/85/117/85/105
Palkia- 85/100/90/115/100/90
Rayquaza- 92/115/85/115/85/87
Reshiram- 90/100/90/115/100/85
Shaymin-S- 90/91/77/100/77/103
Xerneas- 103/105/87/105/89/89
Yveltal- 103/105/87/105/89/89
Zekrom- 90/115/100/110/90/85

- Blazikenite, Mewtwonite X and Y, Red and Blue Orb are unbanned.
- Gengarite is banned.
- Primal Clause Only one Orb is allowed per team
- The other banned Mega Pokemon are unbanned, but since their base forms aren't uber, the Mega stats get the GUA treatment.

All other OU Bans and Clauses apply

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
I'm assuming that Uber Megas / Orbs use the Mix n Mega mechanics on their respective mon. If so, you get:

Mega Mewtwo X - 93/175/95/117/95/105
Mega Mewtwo Y - 93/135/65/157/115/115
Mega Blaziken - 80/140/85/115/85/100
Primal Kyogre - 90/135/85/145/130/85
Primal Groundon - 90/145/130/140/85/85

Looks like a fun meta.

EDIT: I assume Gira-O is 115/100/90/100/90/85

Last edited:
That moment when you realize Deoxys-A has better defenses.
This meta seems fun. Especially for those who love Ubers :)

What's interesting to note is that any stat lower than 80 is actually boosted by a little. So for Mega Mawile may have it's attack decreased from 105 to 92 (which is still a lot mind you), but both it's HP and speed have been increased to 65.

I'm assuming that Uber Megas / Orbs use the Mix n Mega mechanics on their respective mon. If so, you get:

Mega Mewtwo X - 93/175/95/117/95/105
Mega Mewtwo Y - 93/135/65/157/115/115
Mega Blaziken - 80/140/85/115/85/100
Primal Kyogre - 90/135/85/145/130/85
Primal Groundon - 90/145/130/140/85/85

Looks like a fun meta.
I'm pretty sure the megas will be down-graded too lol.

Mega Mewtwo X - 93/135/90/117/90/105
Mega Mewtwo Y - 93/115/75/137/100/110
Mega Blaziken - 80/120/80/105/80/90
Primal Kyogre - 90/115/85/130/120/85
Primal Groudon - 90/130/120/115/85/85

These are probably what the new stats will be.

Also, if you guys want a quicker way to find out a Pokemon's new stats without doing all that division shit, simply find the difference between their actual stat and 80, then pick the number in between the two, that's their new stat.

For example, let's take Mega Kangaskhan. Khan's base speed is 100. The difference between 100 and 80 is of course 90. lets check just in case: 100/2 = 50, 50 + 40 = 90.
Let's try her Atk stat which is 125, the difference between 125 and 80 is 102.5, so her atk becomes 102 (the new stats round down i believe). 125/2 = 62.5, 62.5 + 40 = 102.5.

Stats lower than 80 become boosted. so MegaKhan's base 60 SpA becomes 70. 60/2 = 30, 30 + 40 = 70.

Note: Only works if you aren't crap at maths ;)

Last edited:

G-Luke

Apparently I didn't make this clear. ONLY THE LISTED MEGA SONES ARE UNBANNED. Believe me, I wanted it, but it couldnt go through as making changes to mega stones pushed it into PetMod territory. So only what's specifically in the OP is legal. And also The Reptile is right, those are the Mega Stats.Pretty sure its not TOO broken. But Primal Groudon is looking monstrous.

Out of curiosity, why are Mawile, Khan, Gengar, and Lucario's megas still banned? Is it because of the HP stat, or do you still think they're broken? If it's just the HP stat, you can just say that the HP stat never changes upon Mega Evolution. That way it's a rule that applies to everything thus avoiding Pet Mod territory.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Ugmmm Mega Mewtwo-X 175 Atk too strong pretty much? I feel like the listed Mega Stones should be the banned ones, while the other Mega's are fine while Kangaskan and Salamence maybe in question.

One thing that stands out immediately is that we have a bunch of new relevant Pokemon crowding up the 80-90 speed tier, with only Deo-A and regular Deoxys hitting speeds considered particularly 'fast' in this meta. I think that this might have the effect of shifting speed tiers downward, since they have good bulk and resistances to make losing some speed valuable for breaking through them, and just by the fact that a greater proportion of threats-to-outspeed are below 100. Alternatively, many of them could run scarves effectively, with good offensive stats, movepools, and bulk.

Oh, and Ekiller looks terrifying with Mew-level stats. The formes should all be very interesting to see in practice, but Ekiller's sheer offensive potential is scary.

Politoed is now deprecated, all hail Kyogre.

Kyurem-White is, hilariously, pretty outclassed by Kyurem-Black.

EDIT: Oh shit, Dragon-types. So many dragons.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Thing is guys, unbanning the other stones make no sense, as they cannot be adjusted in anyway, as that was specifically stated by SpartanMalice , and they would be just as broken as before. I might consider rebanning the other mega stones, but the reason hey are unbanned is because their OWNERS, NOT THE STONES were nerfed. I just realised that mega Ray quay is basically a better Rayquaza, and still broken since it can hold items.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
Yeah the ou banned megas will have the same stats that got the banned from ou so they will still be terrors.
Anyways, my thoughts:
Mons that didnt deserve the bans like lando gene and aegi will be absolute sss, only mmx arceus and ray seem usable, but megaray just got rebanned so it will suck. Maybe the primals will find a spot but overall those are the only ones that seem usable. Perhaps the nerfs are a bit much?
Actually how will aegi work? Like the mega rule or like a normal uber? Either way it is too slow and frail in attacking mode, but just wondering.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
"- Mega Rayqquaza is unbanned EDIT: mega Ray quay is still banne. " I'd rather update this post to just say Mega Rayquaza is banned.

With Aegislash I'd assume its standard formula for shifting from Shield to Blade forme still applies.

Ray may have decreased stats but it still has some niches to set it apart from the rest of the dragon/flying pack - actually having a flying stab (as Mega Salamence is still banned), access to both v-create and extremespeed, etc. It lacks roost, but can run a setup DD set and a specs set to a decent extent.

Kyurem-White @ Scope Lens
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fusion Flare
- Earth Power

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute

If you can pass the focus energy to kyurem you get 100% crit rate on Draco Meteor (this is what I use in Ubers)

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Blazikenite, Mewtwonite X and Y, Red and Blue Orb weren't banned in the first place

The first thing I notice about this meta is that there are a large number of bulky mons. For example, while Arceus' Ekiller set certainly doesn't pack the punch it used to, it can quite easily do all the jobs Mew currently does, with the same stats, while at the same time being able to choose whatever typing it wants.

Another set of comparable mons are Ho-oh and Talonflame. While Ho-oh certainly can't boast the speed Talon does and won't be able to revenge kill in the same manner, its damage output is still higher and at the same time it's clearly better at running a Specially Defensive set, with even uninvested Special Defense being higher than Talon's fully invested.

I imagine most of the mons will struggle to see any usage, with things like Zekrom being just another bulky attacker without much power behind it, and Darkrai or Landorus almost completely losing their edge. A few will remain very usable, however, and I don't see any completely overpowered threat in the list.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I haven't really commented about the meta, but I do like there are a variety of mons available for different playstyles. For example, Deo-A can do Azelfs job better due to the fact that it can also set-up spikes and is a bit stronger without completely outclassing it (Deo-A lacks Fire Blast and a way to instantly remove itself like Azelf can with Explosion), while stall gets monsters like Ho-oh and Giratina. Speaking of Giratina, I forgot about its Origin Form, which has 115/100/90/100/90/85 stats - maintaining similar bulk while increasing its fire power (considering Griseous Orb).

Another versatile mon is Arceus, which basically outclasses Mew for the most part. The only thing Mew has over Arceus is Knock Off and access to Lefites if Arceus isn't runnin Normal. Arceus look like a really fun mon that can fit in basically any playstyle.

I haven't really commented about the meta, but I do like there are a variety of mons available for different playstyles. For example, Deo-A can do Azelfs job better due to the fact that it can also set-up spikes and is a bit stronger without completely outclassing it (Deo-A lacks Fire Blast and a way to instantly remove itself like Azelf can with Explosion), while stall gets monsters like Ho-oh and Giratina. Speaking of Giratina, I forgot about its Origin Form, which has 115/100/90/100/90/85 stats - maintaining similar bulk while increasing its fire power (considering Griseous Orb).

Another versatile mon is Arceus, which basically outclasses Mew for the most part. The only thing Mew has over Arceus is Knock Off and access to Lefites if Arceus isn't runnin Normal. Arceus look like a really fun mon that can fit in basically any playstyle.
Except that Mew also gets Taunt, which is huge, and Synchronize is definitely not a slouch, especially in comparison to Multitype. For that matter, its typing lets it answer Mega Medicham without having to hold Mind Plate. But yes, Arceus looks to be an incredibly useful Pokemon overall.

Zekrom has a cool niche in its typing -- namely, it's Mega Ampharos without ass for speed that can go mixed and doesn't need a Mega stone. And, unlike Rotom-Wash, its movepool isn't ass. It also gets Tailwind and, if you're weird, dual screens.

Primaldon's niche doesn't need much stating -- it has the defensive stats, typing, and ability to run a very effective support set, and its mixed offenses and great offensive typing should make it a potent offensive 'mon as well.

Genesect maintains a niche over Scizor in being able to carry a scarf better and potentially going mixed. You're right about Landorus and Darkrai being basically crap. Dialga could provide some key utility to a team that wants some other mega over Primaldon -- it certainly has the unique typing for it. Even at 105 base SpA, Xerneas should remain a terror with Geomancy and Fairy Aura; I've found it prudent to specifically carry a check on both of the teams I've made for this meta. Mewtwo, unfortunately, faces serious competition as a mega from Medicham and Alakazam, and kinda sucks when it's not a mega.

Kyurem-White @ Scope Lens
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fusion Flare
- Earth Power

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Substitute

If you can pass the focus energy to kyurem you get 100% crit rate on Draco Meteor (this is what I use in Ubers)
Dude, have you seen Kyuw's stats? It is eclipsed by Kyurem-Black except for a tiny sliver of extra Special Attack. Even then, I think Blaziken would do far better just attacking by itself than passing some speed and a Work Up to Kyurem-Black. I guess I'd need to see this strategy in action before I'd be convinced of its efficacy.

Dude, have you seen Kyuw's stats? It is eclipsed by Kyurem-Black except for a tiny sliver of extra Special Attack. Even then, I think Blaziken would do far better just attacking by itself than passing some speed and a Work Up to Kyurem-Black. I guess I'd need to see this strategy in action before I'd be convinced of its efficacy.
Their are two reasons for Kyu-w being used.
1) Taking advantage of the OM
2) He still has a good special attack compared to other dragons
Here is are a few Ubers battles using this Strategy it should still work as long as defences are dropped by the same as attacks
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-271145385
[url]http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-271139079 [/URL]- Special Mewtwo X new meta
As you can see its just draco spam

Their are two reasons for Kyu-w being used.
1) Taking advantage of the OM
That's a bad reason. I mean, you can do whatever you want if that's fun for you, but that doesn't make Kyurem-White a good choice for winning games, and it's certainly not a good recommendation to give to anyone else.
2) He still has a good special attack compared to other dragons
So does Kyurem-Black. Or, hell, if maxing out special attack is really that important to you, Kyurem-N has higher Special Attack than both of them; hell, its statline is strictly superior to Kyurem-White's in this meta.

Kyurem-White's solitary edge, as far as I can tell, is Fusion Flare, and while that's good for killing Steel-types, dragon spam already benefits from running a steel trapper, so its utility is probably a bit overstated.

Here is are a few Ubers battles using this Strategy it should still work as long as defences are dropped by the same as attacks
Well... Ubers are all now less bulkier, relative to each other, than they are in Ubers.

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 350-414 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
^ Unaltered

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 378-446 (97.1 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
^Altered

HOWEVER, they are now also in an environment with more walls.

Whirlwind is standard on Lugia; it would have easily robbed you of all those boosts. A standard offensive set on Blaziken, on the other hand, could have set up Swords Dance instead of Focus Energy and simply dealt heavy damage to Lugia, which (with proper offensive pressure) would have effectively kept it out of commission, especially considering the fact that you got rocks up; perhaps later. The lesson being that while you won the match here, it's thanks to your opponent's substandard teambuilding decision and you would have also performed well using a more self-sufficient strategy on Blaziken.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-271139079 - Special Mewtwo X new meta
As you can see its just draco spam
You seem to be aware that your opponent's build sucked, so I don't know why this is being touted as successful execution of the strategy; in any case, had they taken advantage of all those free turns that you were generating, some substantial damage might have been done to KyuW. Kyogre could have simply came in after the first kill and, had it not foolishly used Water Spout, KOed your KyuW on the spot with Origin Pulse.

I hate to sound like I'm moving the goalposts here, but perhaps I should have asked for replays in which your opponents don't make shitty decisions.

ANYWAYS, anyone working on coding this? I'm itching to play. One core that looks interesting is Primal Groudon + Alomomola. Alomomola provides Pdon with much-appreciated wish support and annoys (possibly neutralizes with burn) Ground-types that check Pdon, while Pdon takes on Grass- and Electric-types for Alomomola. It could also see work when paired with a bulky Ground-type, as Pdon can take on many boltbeamers with its typing and bulk.

Last edited:

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I'm kinda new at javascript but I modified the code for tiershift to make this, tl;dr none of the credit goes to me and it's probably horrendously bad anyway but here's some code:
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Gods Among Us",
        desc: [
            "All Uber Pokémon are nerfed and introduced into OU"
            "&bullet; <a href=\"http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gods-among-us.3549611/\">Gods Among Us</a>"
        ],
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: "godsamongus",
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Baton Pass Clause', 'Swagger Clause', 'Same Type Clause', 'Team Preview', 'Mega Rayquaza Clause'],
        banlist: ['Soul Dew'],
        onValidateTeam: function (team, format) {
            var megasnum = 0;
            for (var i = 0; i < team.length; i++) {
                var item = team[i].getItem(set.item);
                if (item.megastone || item.id === ("redorb" || "blueorb")) {megasnum++};
            };
            if (megasnum > 1) {return ["Primal Clause limits you to a maximum of one Mega or Primal."]};
        }
    },
mods/godsamongus/scripts.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    init: function () {
        for (var i in this.data.Pokedex) {
            var tier = null;
            var adjust = false;
            if (this.data.FormatsData[i]) tier = this.data.FormatsData[i].tier;
            if (!tier && this.data.Pokedex[i].baseSpecies) tier = this.data.FormatsData[toID(this.data.Pokedex[i].baseSpecies)].tier;

switch (tier) {
            case 'Uber':
                adjust = true;
                break;

}

if (adjust) {
                for (var j in this.data.Pokedex[i].baseStats) {
                    if (this.data.Pokedex[i].baseStats[hp] === j && this.data.Pokedex[i].forme === "mega") {
                        pass;
                    } else {
                        this.modData('Pokedex', i).baseStats[j] = this.clampIntRange(this.data.Pokedex[i].baseStats[j] / 2 + 40, 1, 255);
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
};

Last edited:
I hate to sound like I'm moving the goalposts here, but perhaps I should have asked for replays in which your opponents don't make shitty decisions.
how on earth would you find an opponent who didn't make bad choices almost every ubers player I play does so I definitely can't find a good opponet

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
how on earth would you find an opponent who didn't make bad choices almost every ubers player I play does so I definitely can't find a good opponet
"My core works against all of my opponents because they're terrible" doesn't make the core itself good. If you're looking for quality opponents, I imagine asking in the ubers room, joining tours, or other tournaments, would be the best place to look.

G-Luke

Thanks to Articuno I for coding the meta game! I asked Snaquaza to host this, so hopefully this will be on Aqua soon! I also agree, Kyurem Wq is OUTCLASSED by Reg Kyurem, so its viability is out of the question. Keep on discussing!

Reactions: DoW

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I'm kinda new at javascript but I modified the code for tiershift to make this, tl;dr none of the credit goes to me and it's probably horrendously bad anyway but here's some code:
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Gods Among Us",
        desc: [
            "All Uber Pokémon are nerfed and introduced into OU"
            "&bullet; <a href="http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gods-among-us.3549611/">Gods Among Us</a>"
        ],
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: "godsamongus",
        ruleset: ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Baton Pass Clause', 'Swagger Clause', 'Same Type Clause', 'Team Preview', 'Mega Rayquaza Clause'],
        banlist: []
    },
mods/godsamongus/scripts.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    init: function () {
        for (var i in this.data.Pokedex) {
            var tier = null;
            var adjust = false;
            if (this.data.FormatsData[i]) tier = this.data.FormatsData[i].tier;
            if (!tier && this.data.Pokedex[i].baseSpecies) tier = this.data.FormatsData[toID(this.data.Pokedex[i].baseSpecies)].tier;

switch (tier) {
            case 'Uber':
                adjust = true;
                break;

}

if (adjust) {
                for (var j in this.data.Pokedex[i].baseStats) {
                    this.modData('Pokedex', i).baseStats[j] = this.clampIntRange(this.data.Pokedex[i].baseStats[j] / 2 + 40, 1, 255);
                }
            }
        }
    }
};
why didnt you code the Primal Clause too

Rather like the idea behind this one. Considering the formula also buffs stats below 80, it could be applied in reverse to weaker mons. Also I remember the days when a 130 stat was insanely good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)