Gods Among Us (Now Playable!!!!!)

I know I forgot some, but that that's the most viable I could think of at the moment. Dicuss if any of the Pokemon missed deserve a rank and if so, which. Alsk dicuss what needs to move up or down the rankings. G-Luke out.
I have some suggestions.

Unrank Nidoking, rank Landorus I, as it's unranked right now. Landorus I still has better stats than Nidoking in every way even after the nerf, and it has Rock Polish. Nidoking probably has better coverage, but I think Landorus' coverage is good enough.

Also, Mega Salamence basically has the stats of Mega Altaria but with better pre mega ability, so I think it should be the same rank as Mega Altaria at least.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
So I decided to create this list to update the stats of the new "Uber" mega's who were recently added to the metagame:

Mega Salamence

HP: 95
Atk: 145 -> 112
Def: 130 -> 105
SpA: 120 -> 100
SpD: 90 -> 85
Spe: 120 -> 100
BST: 700 -> 502

Mega Mawile

HP: 50
Atk: 105 -> 92
Def: 125 -> 102
SpA: 55 -> 67 (Increased??)
SpD: 95 -> 87
Spe: 50 -> 65 (0:)
BST: 480 -> 413

Mega Lucario

HP: 70
Atk: 145 -> 112
Def: 88 -> 84
SpA: 140 -> 110
SpD: 70 -> 75
Spe: 112 -> 96
BST: 625 -> 477

Mega Gengar

HP: 60
Atk: 65 -> 72
Def: 80 -> 80 (Same lol)
SpA: 170 -> 125
SpD: 95 -> 87
Spe: 130 -> 105
BST: 600 -> 469

Mega Kangaskan

HP: 105
Atk: 125 -> 102
Def: 100 -> 90
SpA: 60 -> 70
SpD: 100 -> 90
Spe: 100 -> 90
BST: 590 -> 442

Mega Blaziken

HP: 80
Atk: 160 -> 120
Def: 80 -> 80
SpA: 130 -> 105
SpD: 80 -> 80
Spe: 100 -> 90
BST: 630 -> 555

Hope this is helpful for newcomers, and hopefully this meta can be implemented soon :)

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
G-Luke ran out of Max Revives, but he still buffed the thread anyways

Well, something has changed since this thread was last active. Due to coding errors, the Primal Clause had to be readjusted, so by looking in at the OP, It states you can only have one Orb per team. So now you can have Primal Groudon and Mega Altaria on the same team! Also the HP of the nerfed Megas are altered too, to ease coding. And speaking of such, @Funbot, Mega Blaziken doesn't get the same treatment as those other megas, since its base form is Uber, the base form's stats are nerfed and it follows standard Mega evolution rules.

Have fun theorymoning and discussing!!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
G-Luke ran out of Max Revives, but he still buffed the thread anyways

Well, something has changed since this thread was last active. Due to coding errors, the Primal Clause had to be readjusted, so by looking in at the OP, It states you can only have one Orb per team. So now you can have Primal Groudon and Mega Altaria on the same team! Also the HP of the nerfed Megas are altered too, to ease coding. And speaking of such, @Funbot, Mega Blaziken doesn't get the same treatment as those other megas, since its base form is Uber, the base form's stats are nerfed and it follows standard Mega evolution rules.

Have fun theorymoning and discussing!!
Is this gonna be playable on Aqua, and thanks didn't realize that

G-Luke

It was playable, but the previous code broke the server. It just needs to be recoded with the new code. I'm waiting for it to be playable, I already have teams.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
It was playable, but the previous code broke the server. It just needs to be recoded with the new code. I'm waiting for it to be playable, I already have teams.
I'm *hopefully* going to have some free time in which to continue coding sometime soon. And by sometime soon I mean potentially within my lifetime.

That said if someone else knows how to code it or fix my code, feel free.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Gods Among Us",
        desc: [
            "All Uber Pokémon have their base stats nerfed and are introduced into OU",
            "&bullet; <a href=\"http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3549611/\">Gods Among Us</a>"
        ],
        section: "Other Metagames",

mod: "godsamongus",
        ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Baton Pass Clause', 'Swagger Clause', 'Same Type Clause', 'Team Preview', 'Mega Rayquaza Clause'],
        banlist: ['Soul Dew'],
        onValidateTeam: function (team, format) {
            var megasnum = 0;
            for (var i = 0; i < team.length; i++) {
                var item = team[i].getItem(set.item);
                if (item.megastone || item.id === ("redorb" || "blueorb")) {megasnum++};
            };
            if (megasnum > 1) return ["Primal Clause limits you to a maximum of one Mega or Primal."];
        }
    },
mods/godsamongus/scripts.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    init: function () {
        for (var i in this.data.Pokedex) {
            var tier = null;
            var adjust = false;
            if (this.data.FormatsData[i]) tier = this.data.FormatsData[i].tier;
            if (!tier && this.data.Pokedex[i].baseSpecies) tier = this.data.FormatsData[toId(this.data.Pokedex[i].baseSpecies)].tier;

switch (tier) {
            case 'Uber':
                adjust = true;
                break;
            }

if (adjust) {
                for (var j in this.data.Pokedex[i].baseStats) {
                    if (this.data.Pokedex[i].baseStats[hp] === j && this.data.Pokedex[i].forme === "mega") {
                        pass;
                    } else {
                        this.modData('Pokedex', i).baseStats[j] = this.clampIntRange(this.data.Pokedex[i].baseStats[j] / 2 + 40, 1, 255);
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
};
I modified Articuno I 's code because there were some minor errors (Like toID was used instead of toId, etc)

Snaquaza G-Luke

Reactions: DoW

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
G-Luke you do realize there's a use for reserving posts in the first page right? That's where your viability rankings go. Sure, there's no issue with merely informing users about the VR but it's a lot more helpful when they see it on page 1 and it's easier to find the post in order to edit it too.

G-Luke

G-Luke you do realize there's a use for reserving posts in the first page right? That's where your viability rankings go. Sure, there's no issue with merely informing users about the VR but it's a lot more helpful when they see it on page 1 and it's easier to find the post in order to edit it too.
I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

G-Luke

Hmm Well OMoTM is coming around, so time to revive this meta!!

I think I might have been hasty, so until this is playable and proven its broken, the lord Mega Rayquayza is UNBANNED.

While this meta isnt playable as yet, its safe to assume the top threats of this meta.

Primal Groudon - The king of Ubers might not have its glorious stats, but its bulk is still outstanding, and its defensive and offensive typing and stats are still amazing. It faces competition as an offensive Fire sweeper from Mega Zard X and Garchomp as a bulky phazer, but still looks solid.

Mega Rayquayza - I promised not to quickban this, as maybe its not as broken as before, but Mega Rayquaza is still an absolute BEAST. The only available dragon with Flying STAB and the ability to hold an item makes it super powerful and unpredictable. Seriously hoping I dont regret this.

Xerneas - While not looking threatening stat wise, and needing to invest in alot more speed (therefore less bulk) to be as effiecent, Xerneas's Moonblast still hits incredibly hard and after a turn of set up can basically sweep once its checks are gone. Nowadays, Steel types actually pose a threat to it especially prior to set up. Thunder Wave can seriously cripple it however, but it still tears shit apart.

Kyorge - You might be wondering why is Kyorge even being mentioned. Because Primaldon (and maybe Rayquay) arent impossible to beat anymore with team support (Garchomp for example, beats both if Rayquay isnt running a dragon move). So after these thing are dead, Specorge and Scarfogre can be deadly wallbreakers / cleaners.

So check out this meta, its super fun once it gets the attention it deserves. Vote for OMoTM!!!!!!

Last edited:

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
If I'm reading this right, Cray has offensive stats of 130/130/97. That makes it a slightly faster yet frailer Kyurem-N, statswise, with a stronger secondary STAB, and (much) better coverage, as well as the options for and boosting (notably, if DDance, +1 Adamant outspeeds everything up to Jolly M-Lop). It's still weak to rocks, though, but it looks an awful lot like a mildly weaker version of regular Ray in standard.

Xerneas suffers slightly from dropping down to base 89 speed - it has to run max speed timid to avoid being revenged by Excadrill in sand. It's obviously weaker but +2 base 105 with the Aura boost is still pretty scary for offense especially, it also destroys sableye for obvious reasons so pairing it with a strong physical attacker sounds good.

Speaking of strong physical attackers... Ekiller still sounds like a monster - SD/Espeed/Recover/Earthquake or Shadow Claw or Shadow Force is a very good cleaner.

Honestly the 3 work pretty well together.
Arceus @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Recover
- Earthquake / Overheat

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock / Aromatherapy

Rayquaza @ Choice Specs / Expert Belt
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Overheat
- Surf / *insert preferred coverage*
- Dragon Ascent

or

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance / Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create / Overheat
- Extreme Speed

EVs on them are definitely not optimal, Arceus can be EV'd to live a certain hit or outspeed whatever. The idea is that all three can sweep teams once certain bulky mons are removed, such as (for Arc) Sableye and bulky steels not weak to EQ eg ferro and skarm. Xern comes in for free on Sableye (you can even run Aromatherapy to be a cleric), and the first RayRay set is to lure Skarms and Ferrothorns and destroy them with Overheat (although you can also do this with Arc if you'd prefer). The second set is more standard, and works with Arc to wear down their shared checks. An Adamant nature is ok with DDance, but you're outsped by Scarf 85s and above (aka Uber base 90s). The core seems like it'd struggle against Twave Mega Slowbro, as Xern hates paralysis without Aromatherapy and Arceus isn't breaking it easily thanks to Scald (partly why it carries Lum). Unaware Clefable could also be a royal pain, avoiding the 2HKO from Espeed (I'm not sure how it fares against the others). Bisharp seems like a decent offensive partner as it can potentially beat both of those.
Obviously there's a lot more you can do with these, Arc can literally do anything you want, and Ray is fast enough to run Scarf, or can run more of a mix depending on what you want it to beat, etc. Xern is probably stuck running Geo to have any niche, though. Otherwise just use Clefable.

also since STag is banned in OU, Gengarite should probably be banned.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
I meant that it should be added to the OP for clarity, since it lists the other stones as being unbanned (I think - the clauses section isn't super clear).

G-Luke

Actually, Xerneas can run Modest since most Excadrills run Adamant. And baring those exceptions of banned stones, other megas (and primals ) work like Mix n Mega so Mega Quay has 145 in both stats and 107 speed.

But Clefable is a royal pain, it also avoids the 2HKO from Moonblast if Timid and paralyze it / kill it with its own Moonblast.

Charizard-Mega X is even better since most of the new pokes dont pass the 100 mark. Swords Dance sets might get abit more popular.

Exca probably wont be much of a problem with weather getting the final nail in the coffin with the Primals.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)