Gods and Followers [OLD THREAD, PLEASE LOCK]

Should unreleased Pokemon be allowed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is thier a way to remove all the background stuff XD from Team builder
You can build a team on the normal Showdown server and then it will transfer to the Aqua server automatically if you're using the same browser. You may also be able to change the background/theme on Aqua, I'm not sure.

Wait, you can determine the pre-Mega ability even if you select the Mega? So you just deliberately set Regenerator on Slowbro-Mega even though it shows as illegal, and when it appears as a Slowbro in-game it will have Regenerator before Mega Evolving? I did not know that, that's very nice.

Edit: More on-topic about the meta itself, but Volcanion teams sound fun. Fire/Water is a pretty great combination I think. Plus, Volcanion itself has some real utility as a Pokémon.

Also, Hoopa-Unbound sounds like it would be pretty neat as a leader. Problem is, it's horribly fragile. But it does give you a pair of very nice typings to work with. Gengar deals with many fairies that your Darks are weak to, while Darks deal with the Psychics, Darks, and Ghosts that threaten Gengar. Plus, you get things like Bisharp. Go-to cleric is almost certainly Umbreon.
Hoopa-U is a Dark/Psychic type, not Dark/Ghost. Hoopa-C is Ghost/Psychic type, but the Mega rule does not apply, as it is an outside of battle forme change. Gengar is illegal on Hoopa-U teams.

Hoopa-U is a Dark/Psychic type, not Dark/Ghost. Hoopa-C is Ghost/Psychic type, but the Mega rule does not apply, as it is an outside of battle forme change. Gengar is illegal on Hoopa-U teams.
Ah, right. Dunno how I screwed that up lol. I know you can't have triple-typed teams, I'd just somehow gotten Hoopa-U's typing mixed up is all.

I have an idea! What if you made it so that UU and lower pokemon can be lvl120 if used as a God?
That's really the same thing as getting a stat boost, only you get to allocate more EVs...I think. Pretty sure the cap is coded as 100 anyway, haven't seen anyone pass it. In any case, as I have said in the past, buffing lower tier Pokemon screws with the flavor of the metagame. If you want to channel Mirror B and make a Grass/Water team around Ludicolo, that's on you to make it work.

Actually Showdown goes up to level 1000 in Custom Games. (Or possibly higher, but I've seen for a fact 1000) It enforces 100 in most metas though.

Actually Showdown goes up to level 1000 in Custom Games. (Or possibly higher, but I've seen for a fact 1000) It enforces 100 in most metas though.
Interesting...altered levels don't really fit this meta, regardless.

I've asked before, but any replay you have of this OM would be much appreciated. It provides a good basis for discussion about optimal team builds and I'll definitely add it to the OP. Ones involving Primal Groudon would also be nice for the (likely) suspect test.

I haven't even had a match yet. I really want to try out this tier, but Aqua has been kinda dead lately, and I keep ending up with mismatched timing. (Like I actually tried challenging you at one point, but you apparently weren't on for realzy reals)

When I do get a match, there absolutely will be replays, and it will totally involve Primal Goddon.

EDIT: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1732

And there's a match. My team needs serious work, but it did OK all things considered. Still trying to figure out what is a sensible moveset for Primal Goddon though.

Last edited:
I haven't even had a match yet. I really want to try out this tier, but Aqua has been kinda dead lately, and I keep ending up with mismatched timing. (Like I actually tried challenging you at one point, but you apparently weren't on for realzy reals)

When I do get a match, there absolutely will be replays, and it will totally involve Primal Goddon.

EDIT: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/aqua-godsandfollowers-1732

And there's a match. My team needs serious work, but it did OK all things considered. Still trying to figure out what is a sensible moveset for Primal Goddon though.
Sorry, I've only been on to do tests and make sure the code works how I say it does in the OP. I'll be on to play some real matches once I settle in for the semester.

That Me First Dragon Tail prediction lol. I'll add this to the OP.

Fuck her right in the-(Greninja) @
Leftovers
(Bulky EVs & nature)
-Substitute
-Bounce
-Water Shuriken
-Lick

Get shrekt. (IDK I like bulky physical attacking greninja) btw, PARAHAX!!!!!

I fully expect Aegislash to make an excellent and very commonly-used God with its immense utility both offensively and defensively, and Steel and Ghost are both exceptional defensive / support-based typings. Followers like Gengar, Heatran, Froslass, Golurk, Klefki, (Mega) Sableye and (Mega) Metagross would all provide unique ways of supporting their God that many other typings simply don't get access to.

Also, Arceus and its blasted Multitype will surely be abused to all hell for true monotype teams; I especially will be expecting (Mega) Tyranitar and its Sand Stream to support Rock Arceus and its followers. Oh, and Kyogre's Drizzle will be hell to face when supported by Swift Swim and Rain Dish Pokemon such as Kingdra, Kabutops, Mega Swampert, Ludicolo, Blastoise etc.

I fully expect Aegislash to make an excellent and very commonly-used God with its immense utility both offensively and defensively, and Steel and Ghost are both exceptional defensive / support-based typings. Followers like Gengar, Heatran, Froslass, Golurk, Klefki, (Mega) Sableye and (Mega) Metagross would all provide unique ways of supporting their God that many other typings simply don't get access to.

Also, Arceus and its blasted Multitype will surely be abused to all hell for true monotype teams; I especially will be expecting (Mega) Tyranitar and its Sand Stream to support Rock Arceus and its followers. Oh, and Kyogre's Drizzle will be hell to face when supported by Swift Swim and Rain Dish Pokemon such as Kingdra, Kabutops, Mega Swampert, Ludicolo, Blastoise etc.
Aegislash lends itself well to teambuilding, especially defensive teams. I built a fairly solid FWG core of Heatran, Jellicent/Empoleon and Ferrothorn/Trevenant, though I haven't actually used it in battle.

Kyogre is probably the only top tier monotype god choice, as it creates deadly rain teams, and Water doesn't have that many weaknesses to exploit. You can use Lanturn or a Water/Ground to deal with Electrics, and a whole lot of secondary types resist Grass.

This is a neat idea that I hadn't considered, though I have to wonder if it would complicate things too much -- this OM already has a bit more complex ruleset than most. If I were to do this, it would probably be +5 to every stat per tier below OU, but for now I'd rather have Ubers Pokemon be the dominant picks, with OU and lower Pokemon picked for good dual types, team utility or just for fun. I'll keep this in mind, though.
Hmmm this would make Pikachu actually really viable. Pikachu ALREADY has power, only problem is his lack of speed (and horrible bulk) and if last tier is NU or PU for it (heck even FU as it exists even if unofficial), so his base stats increase from 35 / 55 / 30 / 50 / 40 / 90 up to even 70 / 90 / 65 / 85 / 75 / 125 if we count from Ubers up to FU. If you count in Light Ball, this thing is not only fast, but hits like a nuke and has brilliant coverage (Belle form even provides Icicle Crash so you get deadly BoltBeam physical combo here). Bulk is still crap, but that raw power:

432 Points Atk = 0 EVs (this almost reaches the same level of power as 252 Atk EVs Adamant Groudon)
412 Points SpA = 0 EVs (this is higher then 252 SpA EVs Timid Kyogre, which is sick)

And this is all without ANY investment whatsoever. With it God-Pikachu reaches 558 (max Atk investment, neutral nature) or 538 (Max SpA investment, neutral nature).

And unlike stuff like Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham or Huge Power Azumarill it doesn't deal with low speed, lack of speed, bad coverage (mostly medicham here as it can't break through bulky psychics) and while it's still frail as hell, it's fast enough to ignore it. But yeah, also avoid priority like a plague.

Problem is that mono Electric doesn't provide with many options for followers and most of them are ground weak (although access to all Rotom Forms, Zapdos, Eleektross and some other Electric types which ignore ground attacks) somewhat managable. But yeah, it's a problem.

BTW my suggestion for this metagame is (as it's really cool concept btw, I like it) to be allowed one wild card which show up in Mono-Type games. Pokemon which could ignore follow typing rule, but with restriction (no other God Pokemon of course, maybe max UU, it's up to decide). It would make teambuilding a bit less restricting in some cases while still keep that concept intact. Flavor wise let's call it 'God's Agent'. Someone special who in order to let his God dominate may ignore main rule of his followers in order to make sure his God master wins.

Or heck, we may call it 'Converted' or something similar. Technically now a heretic for old cult which learned that new god is far better then his old one so he kind of betrayed his previous master and decided to be a follower for new one. In real world this happens like muslims become christians, etc. so it may make sense in a way.

If you also want to add subtle mechanical change to the idea, then let's say 'heretic' takes 5% more damage from Pokemon with the same typings as him, while he also deal back 5% more damage to them (or something like this).

Last edited:
Hmmm this would make Pikachu actually really viable. Pikachu ALREADY has power, only problem is his lack of speed (and horrible bulk) and if last tier is NU or PU for it (heck even FU as it exists even if unofficial), so his base stats increase from 35 / 55 / 30 / 50 / 40 / 90 up to even 70 / 90 / 65 / 85 / 75 / 125 if we count from Ubers up to FU. If you count in Light Ball, this thing is not only fast, but hits like a nuke and has brilliant coverage (Belle form even provides Icicle Crash so you get deadly BoltBeam physical combo here). Bulk is still crap, but that raw power:

432 Points Atk = 0 EVs (this almost reaches the same level of power as 252 Atk EVs Adamant Groudon)
412 Points SpA = 0 EVs (this is higher then 252 SpA EVs Timid Kyogre, which is sick)

And this is all without ANY investment whatsoever. With it God-Pikachu reaches 558 (max Atk investment, neutral nature) or 538 (Max SpA investment, neutral nature).

And unlike stuff like Mega Mawile, Mega Medicham or Huge Power Azumarill it doesn't deal with low speed, lack of speed, bad coverage (mostly medicham here as it can't break through bulky psychics) and while it's still frail as hell, it's fast enough to ignore it. But yeah, also avoid priority like a plague.

Problem is that mono Electric doesn't provide with many options for followers and most of them are ground weak (although access to all Rotom Forms, Zapdos, Eleektross and some other Electric types which ignore ground attacks) somewhat managable. But yeah, it's a problem.

BTW my suggestion for this metagame is (as it's really cool concept btw, I like it) to be allowed one wild card which show up in Mono-Type games. Pokemon which could ignore follow typing rule, but with restriction (no other God Pokemon of course, maybe max UU, it's up to decide). It would make teambuilding a bit less restricting in some cases while still keep that concept intact. Flavor wise let's call it 'God's Agent'. Someone special who in order to let his God dominate may ignore main rule of his followers in order to make sure his God master wins.

Or heck, we may call it 'Converted' or something similar. Technically now a heretic for old cult which learned that new god is far better then his old one so he kind of betrayed his previous master and decided to be a follower for new one. In real world this happens like muslims become christians, etc. so it may make sense in a way.

If you also want to add subtle mechanical change to the idea, then let's say 'heretic' takes 5% more damage from Pokemon with the same typings as him, while he also deal back 5% more damage to them (or something like this).
It's a cool idea, but it's such a departure from the way things work now that I almost feel like I'd need to get this OM re-approved. I'd recommend you submit your own OM with similar mechanics, because these additions go beyond the scope of the metagame as it is now.

It's a cool idea, but it's such a departure from the way things work now that I almost feel like I'd need to get this OM re-approved. I'd recommend you submit your own OM with similar mechanics, because these additions go beyond the scope of the metagame as it is now.
It's just an idea to give teams a bit of more teambuilding options. All I added is additional 'god agent'. Everything is the same, so I don't know if there's a point in posting it as new OM as I only added one additional option, that's all. It's technically wild card from monotype meta but with explanation why it may exist in first place here. Good point of this is that you admitted yourself - there is no point in running any monotype teams here except water, which restrict drastically building options and FORCE you to run dual type God Pokemon and Kyogre which make some other options for gods useless. And I think we all want metagame which gives as as many options as possible.

It's just an idea to give teams a bit of more teambuilding options. All I added is additional 'god agent'. Everything is the same, so I don't know if there's a point in posting it as new OM as I only added one additional option, that's all. It's technically wild card from monotype meta but with explanation why it may exist in first place here. Good point of this is that you admitted yourself - there is no point in running any monotype teams here except water, which restrict drastically building options and FORCE you to run dual type God Pokemon and Kyogre which make some other options for gods useless. And I think we all want metagame which gives as as many options as possible.
Just for some insider information -- this was almost not approved because it was too complicated. I nearly removed the type-based element of it altogether. If I add a tier shift element to make Pikachu viable and the free agent element where one random UU and below Pokemon with a different type where it has some damage modifier thing, I've made things at least twice as complicated. If I had to get it re-approved, it probably wouldn't pass. That's why I suggested you have some sort of "Monotype + One Pokemon with other type with some special mechanic" as a different OM, because it's just not going to work here. Sorry that Monotype Pokemon and non-Ubers are sub-par picks, but there are still plenty of viable options. Arceus and Xerneas are big enough threats on their own to warrant a Monotype team built around them, and lower tier Pokemon like Heatran might be worth using for the type combo alone.

Just for some insider information -- this was almost not approved because it was too complicated. I nearly removed the type-based element of it altogether. If I add a tier shift element to make Pikachu viable and the free agent element where one random UU and below Pokemon with a different type where it has some damage modifier thing, I've made things at least twice as complicated. If I had to get it re-approved, it probably wouldn't pass. That's why I suggested you have some sort of "Monotype + One Pokemon with other type with some special mechanic" as a different OM, because it's just not going to work here. Sorry that Monotype Pokemon and non-Ubers are sub-par picks, but there are still plenty of viable options. Arceus and Xerneas are big enough threats on their own to warrant a Monotype team built around them, and lower tier Pokemon like Heatran might be worth using for the type combo alone.
Ok, thx for clarifying as this explain your previous post more then enough. It's a shame you can't exactly add any additional mechanical changes in this case. Just to be clear - metagame still looks fun, it's just that I would love to see slight improvements, but I'm a lil bit dissapointed, that's all. But don't take it personally, it still looks hella fun.

And when you mention Fairy monotype - I guess it's indeed workable as Fairy in overall is really solid typing. At least I don't expect any serious poison based team here. Problem may be seeing steel type of team (MegaMetagross may be tough to handle), but some steel Pokemon like Heatran probably won't even carry steel type move, so I guess it's not that bad. But yeah, Fairy is great defensive typing and solid offensive as well.

On Arceus - Not a fan of normal type based team as fighting moves are in overall great coverage moves and this type misses good fighting resistance/immunity (come on GameFreak, release Ghost/Normal). Although access to Blissey/Chansey means special attacks are no issue for this type of comp (if you build more defensive one in this case) and Arceus Normal itself may work as a physical wall. Heavy offensive team based around ExtremeKiller Arceus may work as well with Normal/Flying Staraptor as hole puncher.

I wouldn't be TOO worried about fighting teams, as your only options for gods are blaziken and Mega-luke, both of whom, while powerful, are really frail. With blaziken, you literally have NO options for hazard removal outside of the tyrouge evolution line, and all of those are pretty bad in OU, much less in this meta. With luke, you are pretty much running a mon that is not great as a god, but has more merit due to having that nice type combo,but due to its frailty, I would not expect to see much of it.

I wouldn't be TOO worried about fighting teams, as your only options for gods are blaziken and Mega-luke, both of whom, while powerful, are really frail. With blaziken, you literally have NO options for hazard removal outside of the tyrouge evolution line, and all of those are pretty bad in OU, much less in this meta. With luke, you are pretty much running a mon that is not great as a god, but has more merit due to having that nice type combo,but due to its frailty, I would not expect to see much of it.
Mega Mewtwo X teams are another viable option. Psychic/Fighting is actually a fairly solid combination, provided you have some birdspam checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)