ORAS OU Godzillaaa

Introduction:

This team is relatively old with the first draft being created shortly after the greninja ban. It started out as a team that could find ways of taking advantage of mega metagross in the form of mega scizor and tank chomp but it quickly turned into the kyreum-black show. Given the teams ability to take advantage and obliterate balance orientated teams its no surprise it's recent success in lando-less metagame. With mega vena builds on the rise I can only imagine this team will get more and more consistent. Despite change in the metagame the team has put up a very stubborn resistance toward ever being "retired" and stands as one of my most consistent builds in ORAS.

The team:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure

Set Details
For those of you who have been living under a rock let me explain how tank chomp works. Rocky Helmet in tandem with Rough Skin punishes physical attackers for 30% of their HP every single time they make contact. This lets Garchomp thrive as a pivot for physical threats making it the glue to bulky offensive builds. The EVs are relatively standard however the alternative spread: 164 HP / 252+ Def / 92 Spe warrants some discussion. Adding 92 speed EVs allows garchomp to outpace 70 Base speed mons, most notably jolly Bisharp and Breloom. This prompts some advantageous situations being that of breaking a Brelooms sash before the sleep fodder or EQing a +2 bisharp before the knock off. These scenarios are however relatively situational seeing as most of the time bisharp will be using sucker punch and chomp won't be in a 1 v 1 position with breloom. Hence why I prefer the max hp max def spread; it's much more consistent and that extra bulk more often than not makes the difference between winning and losing games. The moves on tank chomp are non-negotiable and require no explanation. The only exception is the last move slot where you have the options of: toxic, fireblast, or endure. I'll get more into the explanation behind endure in the usage tips
Usage Tips
Momentum is the single most important aspect of Pokemon and there is no exceptions with this team. Therefore garchomp plays an exclusively reactive role on the team. This is never a mon I would lead in any matchup as in most situations garchomp lures in a similar bulky threats like hippowdon or lando-t and inviting mutual stealth rocks is not something this team benefits from. So again as mentioned earlier garchomp is a pivot that I only bring in to dissuade physical setup mons / attackers like talonflames, mega sciz, mega lop, ect. CharX happens to be one of the few major threats to this team, and seeing an opposing charizard at team preview means you have to keep garchomp in the back to deal with this threat later. This brings me to the move choice "Endure". Endure allows me consistently get an additional 30% on physical threats and having a way at reliably dealing 60% to charX is what allows me to revenge kill it with priority moves from talonflame or cleaning it up with manaphy.
252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 163-193 (38.9 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 255-301 (60.8 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 284-336 (67.7 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 179-212 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

** Prob need to use endure vs +1 M-gyara
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 183-216 (43.6 - 51.5%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 396-468 (94.5 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 178-210 (42.4 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 398-470 (94.9 - 112.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Set Details
Set wise this is as standard as it gets. Latias, like garchomp serve as a crutch support mon while acting as a pivot to keep/gain momentum. Defog is essential for this team so a reliable hazard removal mon like latias was a pretty natural choice. Healing wish in tandem with so many win conditions serves as my way at reliably breaking down balance and stall orientated teams, while guaranteeing a status move doesn't prevent sweeps.
Usage Tips
Indirectly latias serves as the win condition for every game in the form of healing wish and even its defog support. Thus it's longevity is essential in every game. Latias plays a relatively passive role in most games since Kyruem-b can switch into a majority of the threats it'd normally be pivoting on i.e raikous, mega manetric, rotom-w, starmie. However Latias serves as a crucial pivot and check for threats like CM keldeos, TG manaphy, and thundurus. Thundurus happens to be the second most troublesome mon for this team, so I use latias to scout its set and judging on the damage I determine if its mixed attacker in which case mega scizor can pivot on a knockoff or if it's 3 attack prankster it's important to keep latias somewhat healthy.

Gozilla (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Set Details
The low-key suspectmon, instigator of the premature GG, meet big nigga steve aka godzilla. Before you continue be sure to reference the various ky-b calcs. This set thrives on raw power with a coverage that makes it impossible to switch into. Icebeam provides strong stab that the OU metagame has serious trouble switching into. Reliable checks like ferrothorn and mega scizor are obliterated by hp fire. Earthpower rounds out the coverage and gives ky-b a way at OHKOing heatran and dealing serious damage to electric types and levitate threats like rotom-w. And roost just lets big nigga steve keep on going, and also keeps it healthy in the long term to serve as a reliable check to threats like mega manetric, raikou, starmie, rotom-w, ect. Max speed allows ky-b to always outpace mega altarias, and all base 81 speed pokemon and below. It's also worth noting that hitting pokemon like mega gardevoir and medicham before mega can be very beneficial.
Usage Tips
What started as a gimmick low ladder turned into a threat of a strategy; Blindly lead ky-b every-game, hit the timer, and continue to find and play 5 simultaneous matches at once. While playing 5 games at a time probably isn't the most consistent strategy leading ky-b every game became routine and consistent. At the very least leading ky-b almost guarantees your opponent is not getting early hazards since it forces out: lando-t, heatran, hippo, skar, garchomp, ect. Ky-b's bulk is something to not be underestimated; very few mons have the ability to flat out OHKO ky-b in the lead position where opposite is much very likely. Ky-b instantly forces my opponents to start theorizing possible sets; scarf? LO physical? Sub roost? More often than not ky-b is ripping roles in the opposing team turn 1 by luring in the likes of checks mentioned earlier. The early luring of pokemon like ferrothorn opens up holes for TG mana and generally softens the team creating opportunities to exploit. With lando-i taking an exit from the metagame balance orientated builds around mega vena will sure to be on the rise and there isn't a pokemon around that exerts more pressure than ky-b.

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 152-179 (43.1 - 50.8%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 216-255 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 104 SpD Mew: 179-212 (44.3 - 52.4%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 289-343 (87 - 103.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 296-354 (86.2 - 103.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 270-322 (76.7 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Metagross: 244-289 (81 - 96%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Earth Power vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 160-188 (43.9 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Set Details
When in doubt u-turn out. U-turn lures in all of the pokemon ky-b and manaphy take advantage of; hippo, skar, rotom-w, lando-t, tank chomp, heatran ect. It's about the only move you'll use aside from roost (until the endgame). However sword dance allows this bulky pivot to serve as a very crucial win condition in a lot of games after manaphy / ky-b have eliminated or weakened its counters. Bullet punch viability goes without saying but having any form of priority on a team like this where opposing teams have been severely weakened is a priceless commodity.
Usage Tips
If you reference the calcs you can see mega sciz serves as a reliable switch into threats like mega metagross, mega altaria, mega gardevoir, alakazam, clefable, lati@s, clefable, mega diancie, land-t, ect. From there scizor puts the momentum on his back and allows me to safely get the threats like ky-b, manaphy, and talonflame in safely.

232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 130-154 (37.9 - 44.8%) -- 5.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 152-179 (44.3 - 52.1%) --
17.2% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Diancie Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 260-308 (75.8 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 117-138 (34.1 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

-2 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 146-177 (42.5 - 51.6%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 260-307 (75.8 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

180 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 149-177 (43.4 - 51.6%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 121-144 (35.2 - 41.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 107-127 (31.1 - 37%) -- 78.9% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 90-107 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 150-177 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Set Details
If ky-b wasn't a win condition vs balance the combination of is an overkill. In tandem with hp-fire ky-b, healing wish support, and momentum from mega sciz U-turn, manaphy is a devastating threat and one you will most likely have to stop twice. The moves were relatively natural choices given the pokemon already mentioned. Scald is scald. Energyball makes up for the lack of fusion bolt coverage on ky-b, and serves as a very important coverage on water types like keldeo, starmie, and mega slowbro. Finally icebeam rounds out the coverage giving me the ability to hit dragon/flying types. The EV spread goes into a similar discussion to that of the tank chomp spread. A faster variant of manaphy is advantageous in situations where you must outspeed or at least hope to speed tie an opposing manaphy or if you need to outspeed a modest chary. However generally the extra bulk is much more consistent and the mentioned scenarios are generally dealt with by other teammates so simply outspeeding the base 81 is sufficient.
Usage Tips
Like ky-b I try and initiate pressure as soon as possible. When a possible sweep presents itself I usually go into it knowing i'm going to have to take a Draco meteor or a torn-t hurricane ect. so it's goal is mainly to create a hole in the opening or middle game phases. Having healing wish in the back lets me play a bit reckless knowing I can always bring it back for an additional sweep after their first "checks" have been dealt with.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Set Details
Talonflames Brave bird, similarly to scizors BP, is crucial to cleaning up weakened threats. Bulk up is used over taunt because of its pressure on sableye stalls which is otherwise difficult to break since gothellie can trap manaphy. Will-o-wisp in tandem with bulk up allows talonflame to set up on bulky physical threats who could otherwise scare it out with a rock attack like lando-t and hippo. The set is very common among the current OU metagame and it is also one of the best sp. defensive pivots in the game.
Usage Tips
Talonflame defensively is switching into a lot of the same pokemon as mega scizor. This tremendously helps ease prediction and lets mega scizor stay healthy. Addition to that talonflame also deals with threats like LO gengar and LO hp fire serperior which which would otherwise run through the team. It is also noteworthy to understand how important spamming roost can be; shedding the flying type lets talonflame scout strong electric attacks, build up residual damage in the form of burns or the opponents lifeorb damage, and it also lets talonflame bypass its x4 rock weakness in situations vs hippo and land-t. Manaphy and ky-b work very well with talonflame by weakening and eliminating a lot of the threats that switch into talonflame thus making for some easy double switches.

252+ SpA Charizard Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame in Sun: 118-140 (32.8 - 38.9%) -- 9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 251-296 (69.9 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

216 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 185-218 (51.5 - 60.7%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Psychic vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 184-217 (51.2 - 60.4%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 185-218 (51.5 - 60.7%) -- 91% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk burned Hippowdon Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 210-248 (58.4 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery

Conclusion:
Charizard-X
- It must make contact with garchomp TWICE in order for talon to revenge kill
Thundurs
- SR + LO residual damage is important. Scizor can pivot on mixed, ky-b can hope to ohko turn 1, latias can pivot, talonflame and roost spam until its in range.
Charizard-y
- (With ancient power) yeah ok I dont know how likely this is but if you plan on laddering with this and you see it ... well good game.
Latios
- (With HP fire) Comes down to the opponent making a play and catching sciz with an hp fire on the switch in. Otherwise sciz can pivot on a draco and not fear HP fire 2hkoing. And if SR isn't up talonflame can switch in.
Rain
- Rain can be tough but ky-b applies pressure chomp can beat kabutops and pert, but it ultimately comes down to making sure manaphy gets a healing wish

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Gozilla (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Bulk Up

Last edited:
Hey man, this team looks incredibly solid, grats on your success!

Since you stated how important Latias is as a pivot (which i agree with), Recover over Healing Wish is an option, so you can play it much more safely against Thundurus-I, Keldeo and Charizard-Y. Kyurem-B has its own form of recovery and so do have Scizor and Talonflame (and even Manaphy, if you count Leftiez recovery). However, i understand that sometimes you're forced to play quite aggressive against an opponents offensive and may not find the time to click a recovery move. In these cases Healing Wish may be the better move overall.

Really, i can't say much more, because that squad is good! The Latios and M-Diancie weakness (most of the time they are even paired together) sticks out with three Dragons, only one Steel and no Fairy, but i'm not sure what to do against it. I don't think that Hippowdon is an alternative to Garchomp, since it slows your team down way to much and in the end opens other holes.

Maybe adding Clefable over Manaphy is a good idea, just because it is a huge threat to balance and stall teams alike and provides you with some nice defensive overall. On the flip side however, it doesn't immediately pressure teams as much as Manaphy, so it's kinda a preference thing i guess.

I'll let you know when i find something else to address :)

Have a nice day

Last edited:
Mega Manetric and Life Orb Thundurus absolutely wrecks this team way too easily. Against Mega-Mane, 4/6 mons basically straight up lose and the two mons that can take it on, Kyu-B and Latias easily gets worn down (Volt Switching on them with Rocks up makes it easier) and you have nothing faster. LO Thund OHKOs 4/6 mons as well and 2HKOs the other 2, MSciz and Latias with rocks up. MSciz's moves are NVE against Thund and you lack attack investments and Latias holds LO with no source of recovery. How did you even get that 42-1 while almost auto-losing to LO Thund/Mega Mane? (yes, it won't 6-0 if you play smart and stuff but the damage it'll do will make it impossible to win)

So definitely go for MGuard Clefable over Manaphy. They accomplish almost the same thing for your team and Clef is ridiculously overpowered in this BO/Balance centric metagame anyway. Clef helps a lot vs offensive Elecs but it won't solve the problem completely so I also support running Roost over Hwish on Latias since your mons have plenty of recovery

Hey Squirrel! You've got a nice solid anti-meta team here. There are a few issues which I'll run through for you:

First up, full stall, though extremely rare rn, looks problematic. Nothing on your team can touch standard builds - even Manaphy, without Rain Dance, straight up loses to Unaware Clefable and even Chansey. All special LO Kyu-B without Roost isn't going to do anything either if they have Chansey or similar.

+110 speed Electrics are just a nightmare for you. M-Manectric in particular with a solid team around it is just an auto-loss.

Kay so this isn't as serious of a threat, but bulky Waters in general look difficult. Kyu-B can't check them because no Fusion Bolt, so literally the only recourse is to bring in Manaphy, TG and force them out. There's obvious problems here if you get burnt by Scald and the battle drags out (so this ties into the stall weakness), but more than that, the fact that your only option is to bring in Manaphy and TG is extremely abuseable.

Unfortunately, there's not too much you can do, but I have a few ideas you can play around with. First of all, LO HP Fire Starmie > Latias and something like Dragalge > Manaphy could work okay. This does a few things. Obviously, Rapid Spin > Defog on offense if you can fit it. Second, HP Fire Starmie means you can afford a different coverage option on Kyu-B, or Roost, improving your matchup against stall either way. Dragalge can still break down balances pretty effectively, and Toxic Spikes will help vs a lot of archetypes, especially non-M-Venu stalls.

Other ideas...RD TG Manaphy is better against stall by far, but sacrificing coverage probs isn't worth it in this meta. Same deal with SD + Taunt Talonflame. Something you could consider if you were looking for a more drastic change is Forretress > M-Scizor, and shuffling everything else around. Forry has a bad rep but it works pretty well in this meta in the same way that M-Scizor does.

Hope that helps! Again, it's a really nice team, and congrats on the W/L :)

Last edited:

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
yo,

I like the team, it looks fairly solid without many weak points. It kinda has issues with some things like Charizard X and really any Electric type. Charizard X is, as you mention, a major threat, as you can only get passive damage on it with Garchomp and than revenge with talon, and Wisp Zard X with a reliable Manaphy answer looks like an insanely hard matchup, but Wisp Zard isn't that common, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Electric Types in general just steamroll, ones with Volt Switch just click it repeatedly and force KyuB / Latias in, and then easily go to their check. I guess you could also go to your own Garchomp, but a lot of the time you'll need Garchomp and can't risk it checking something that easily 2HKOs it.

There aren't really easy solutions. Sure, if they bring in their [Raikou / Manectric] in vs Manaphy or Talonflame, things could be problematic, but you can't just slap on an easy way to stop Volt Turn without changing Garchomp to a different Ground type, and no other fits near as well as 'Chomper and the only ones that actually stop Electric types kill your momentum and offensive presence. This, however, can be played around usually, as all you have to do to handle this is not give their [Raikou / Manectric] free switchins, using Scald often, Wisping with Talonflame, or just double to an answer. Thundurus, however, is a major problem and isn't really something you can "play around". It wears down Latias and, since you don't have Recovery, it won't be able to check Thundurus for very long in a game. Kyurem-B drops to Focus Blast. Garchomp drops to LO HP Ice after rocks. Scizor is comfortably 2HKO'd after Rocks. You can try to play around it by getting Scizor a free switch in on either a sac or an HP Ice, but that's pretty risky if the latter and inefficient with the first. Similarly to Volt Switch 'Mons, having a different Ground would help with Charizard X, but none fit well. I feel like it's harder for Charizard to set up, as it can only set up vs Scizor, -2 Latias, and a weakened +0 Manaphy. Scizor has U-turn, which helps with that a lot, and you can just play around to prevent it from setting up on Latias / Manaphy pretty well. Charizard is a major threat, but it's something that gets limited opportunities and isn't an easy fix; I'd just accept the fact you have to 100% play well around it or you're in trouble.

Really only have a few suggestions. Going with a different spread on Garchomp would help you a lot with your Electric issue. ben gay's spread, which is now the onsite analysis, allows you to avoid LO Thundurus from OHKOing you with HP Ice, and gives you a 37.5% to avoid a OHKO after rocks, rather than a 81.3% with your current spread. Yeah, the extra physical bulk can be nice, but with your team, you can't afford the Electric weakness. This gives you another way to play around Thundurus and any Volt Switch 'Mon, and can be very helpful in a lot of matchups. I'd also recommend trying out Recover > Healing Wish on Latias. I know Healing Wish is vital; I use HW Latias a lot myself, almost never do I use Recover Latias. However, your team, even with a bulkier Garchomp, just needs a way to play around Thundurus, and something more reliable than going to Scizor to Roost stall would be really appreciated. Recover would let Latias be pretty durable and handle Thundurus throughout the game, as well as check a lot of Volt Switching 'Mons more reliably. If you feel like you really miss HW, you can also try Lum Berry on Manaphy, this, obviously, lets you shrug off status from one 'Mon, either easing setup vs Heatran or shrugging of a Thunder Wave from something like Clefable. Lum Berry is in no way or shape as helpful as Healing Wish, but it's a workable option, as going without it can be more helpful for your team.

Anyway, feel free to test out my suggestions and keep your own sets, I like the team and think sticking with what you have is fine. But, having more room to play around Electric can be really helpful in some cases, although missing out on Healing Wish could be huge. By the way, please fix your sprites. Stuff like this and this isn't something I like to see :( Check here for sprites that don't look bad.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Recover

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Nice team!

One small modification on the Manaphy spread. You can get one extra Special Attack point and keep the same speed by changing to a Modest Nature and moving the Speed EVs to 208.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 148 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature

- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Hope that helped!

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Since the thread has already been necro'd, I have to ask: how do you deal with anything skarm+chans? An all-special kyu-b means that a standard stall team (think skarm, chans, quag, sableye, maybe venu or amoongus, etc.) can go to town literally switching between mons until your team is worn down.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Let's jump straight into the rate.

This team seems a bit weak to stall; by swapping Ice Beam for Rain Dance on Manaphy, I feel like you could use Manaphy as a way to lure in things like Chansey, which your Kyu-B would appreciate, while also breaking down Unaware Clefable, etc. - with Kyu-B luring in Ferros for Manaphy with its Hidden Power [Fire], you can ease a Manaphy sweep easily without the Ice Beam coverage. Rain Dance enables Manaphy to cripple Zard-Y switch-ins as well, providing you free set up as they're forced out, or, if you win the speed tie, makes them charge a 50% weaker Solar Beam and you can go for the OHKO next turn.

I feel like this team should run multiple outs for Ferrothorn - Latios with HP Fire over Latias + Healing Wish to hit it, run Fire Blast over Endure on Garchomp to hit it, etc. With Ferrothorn gone, Scizor (since Leech Seed) and Manaphy (since bulk) are no longer checked by it, leaving them free to sweep.

Latios over Latias because this team plays more aggressively and Healing Wish isn't needed for a setup sweeper that can now cure its own status with Hydration. Latios should sport maximum investment in SpA and Speed.

Talonflame's role is tad bit redundant with Manaphy doing the stallbreaking. Thundurus looks a bit more reliable for a secondary answer to Talonflame, Thunder Wave to cripple Zard-X sweep (as well as Rain sweeps), and has powerful coverage to monopolize on. I would use Thunder Wave, Volt-Switch, Focus Blast, and Sludge Wave. Volt Switch offers momentum to your primary win conditions in Scizor and Manaphy while the T-Wave helps cripple threats. Sludge Wave is there for both a strong neutral attack and to stop things like Clefable from being utterly annoying with Unaware + Flamethrower shenanigans. However, you're free to swap the last slot for Nasty Plot, HP Ice, Grass Knot, etc. - depending on what you feel you need to hit.

As for Garchomp, you need to run enough to jump at least 262, although I always feel more comfortable jumping 289 so you don't get sniped by Timid Regular Gardevoir or neutral-speed Kyu-B's Ice Beama and can at least manage to get up rocks or clutch damage with EQ. It's bulky enough without all that investment, and speed tiers are really important this metagame. I abuse teams with Garchomp sets like yours by bringing in all my slow threats (e.g. Adamant Charizard hitting 276 speed, Kyu-B hitting 289 speed, etc.) and go for the OHKO then and there. 96 speed jumps Bisharp's 262, 160 speed jumps Timid Heatran's 279 and miscellaneous threats below, and 200 speed can hit up to Mamoswine and Kyu-B's 284 and 289 speed tiers: all values assume neutral nature in speed.

Manaphy should run 96 Hp, 252 SpA, and 160 Speed; hitting Jolly Excadrill and below (like Gardevoir, Kyu-B, etc.) is quite important for Manaphy. It is quite bulky with 96 HP investment as it is.

Hope this helps you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)