Going on an Adventure

Hmm...here's what I'd go with:

Samurott

I've always had a soft spot for the samurai. I mean, come on! He's a freaking ninja! Besides that, Samurott is a strong, formidable warrior that can wreck havoc on the battlefield. He has great mixed offenses, so an attack coming from either side of the spectrum is going to hurt. Throughout my adventures in Unova, this guy held a special place in my heart and he always will.

Staraptor

Bird is the word! This guy is easily one of the coolest Flying-types ever. He's not just sexy, he's also very powerful. High speed and attack ensures that something will take some pain! Being able to fly on his back also makes him a great travelling companion. Who needs a bike when you got wings?

Umbreon

This guy is, hands down, my favorite Eeveelution! I have a load of good memories of him walking behind me in HeartGold / SoulSilver. With his high amount of bulk, Umbreon can easily take a hit. This also gives him plenty of opportunities to come in and heal up the rest of my party. Seeing those rings shining at night would also be really cool.

Lanturn

And here I thought an angler fish couldn't be cute.

I got to give major props to GameFreak for proving me otherwise. However, don't think sushi here can't pack a punch! With an awesome typing in Water / Electric, Lanturn will really "shock" the competition (no pun intended). Lanturn's electricity will definitely be useful outside of battle, too. I know that if I'm ever in need of a flashlight, I won't have to worry as long as I got Lanturn.

Armaldo

IRL, I love learning about prehistoric animals, so naturally I'd come to love Fossil Pokemon. Out of all the fossils so far, this one is definitely my favorite. He just looks so cool. Those claws of his will also come in handy in battle. They aren't just for show, folks. He can punch through thick steel with them! With high attack and decent bulk, Armaldo can rip holes in the opponent's team without dying too quickly. He's easily one of my favorites from Gen III.
Giratina

Oh my lord, I love this thing! There was always something about this dragon that I found very intriguing. I still have fond memories of catching him in Gen IV. Not only is his design totally awesome, but he has the stats to back that awesomeness up! He has skyhigh bulk, so I can always rely on him when I'm in a tight spot and his offenses aren't too shabby either. Overall, this guy is easily my favorite Gen IV Pokemon and Dragon-type.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So here's my team:

I would not consider myself a winner.

My team starts with possibly one of my favorite pokemon of all time: Gardevoir. In my adventures through Hoenn, I made sure to find myself a Ralts early on. It takes a lot of work to raise the perfect Ralts, so we spend lots of time together. My Gardevoir always has a super classy name, this one's happens to be Charlotte. She is probably the best companion throughout my adventures, she's never let me down!

Up next is the lovely Deino! He is the pokemon I named myself after, and he's a lot like me. With that Hustle ability, he's always going at life FULL SPEED and giving it all he's got. Unfortunately, much like me, his attempts to help everything and be a part of everything often miss and go awry. Trying to throw a tantrum will only result in a missed Outrage and an Ice Beam to the face.

Rounding out the 3 spot is the cutest of all pokemon: Petilil. She's super adorable and fun to have around. She's one of my best friends indeed, and that's who she's named after. It's Hannah the Petilil, with whom I'm always ready to share my ice cream with and tell stories. Petilil is probably the most fun to have around.

Flygon is here for the coolness factor, which I wish I had, so I keep him around. Sometimes he dons a pair of shades and I bow down to his "Swagger," which confuses me as much as it makes me stronger. I suppose I'll keep him around.

And here's Umbreon. Not really sure where I found this guy, but I kept him as time went on. When I caught him, I thought he was really strong, but it turned out he really wasn't. The little jerk kept poisoning me as well. But whatever happened, he never got KO'ed, so I suppose I let him stay.

Lanturn is a giant dork. I can't get rid of him though because he also reminds me of myself. I can't really ever be taken seriously. I'm sure if Lanturn was a smogon user, he'd be a much more helpful poster than I am, so I have to keep him away from the computer.

And this is my team, I really drew a blank as to what I was supposed to write, so this is what you get. Thanks Stellar for the sprites because I'm too lazy to get them myself.

Happy adventuring!

Let me get this straight... you want me to figure out my 6 favorite pokemon when I can't even decide on a top 3? Ugh... I'll try to get it below 10:
Well, apparantly Scyther is one of them. If you are indecisive like me, then pick as many as you are 100% certain about, and the rest... keep in the PC and switch them in as needed.

At home (dojo)/At home (backyard)/Escaped the pokeball
Those are some really specific places to keep Pokemon, lol.

These five Pokémon are among my favorites, but they also have the added advantage of not possessing any negative attributes that would hinder my enjoyment of the journey.
I think that is why these lists can be so hard to decide on. Is Tyranitar cool? Heck yeah! Would I want to just walk around with it? Nooo..... not really.

Strangely enough, I remember having a dream about Togetic prior to the release of Gold/Silver. I know I saw Togepi in the anime and the GS teaser mini-disc, but I distinctly remember dreaming about Togetic rather than Togepi.
I have moments like this all the time, where I have an idea and then later something comes out very similar to my idea.

Lugia is my favorite Pokemon and I can't imagine a more useful Pokemon to have on an adventure. Need to cross the ocean? Lugia is an excellent swimmer. Need to Fly to Celadon City? Lugia is the best way to travel. Tree blocking your path? Tear it down with Aeroblast. Lugia is immensely powerful, and I like to imagine random trainers wouldn't be as keen to challenge me when they see the silver behemoth behind me. Also, I bet Lugia is really soft!
I'd really like to hear how you came across such a rare Pokemon as Lugia. It's my understanding that their existence is beyond legendary.

I've always had a soft spot for the samurai. I mean, come on! He's a freaking ninja!
Samurai or ninja? I'm pretty sure it's only one of those.

I wonder if previous posts influence later ones.... for example, seeing a Pokemon you kind of like will put it in the forefront of your mind, making you more likely to put it on your list when choosing. On the other hand, if you like to be individual and you see a Pokemon you only kind of like, you would avoid it and put something more obscure. (I am not exempt of this effect for making the first post. I used to love Scizor until everyone had one in DPP)

I'm not going to write a story, but I'd have to go with these three Pokemon:

This is probably the handiest thing you can have. He can Teleport you, which is safer and more efficient than air or sea travel. You can use him to hypnotize others, or use his Telekinetic powers to move people out of line so you can get stuff done quicker, or just levitate the TV remote over to you. He's also a total bro, since you have a wise best friend.
As far as battling goes, his movepool is massive. He'd be my first choice.

Ultimate bodyguard at your service. Four arms of pure muscle can block most any attack, stop any oncoming vehicle, and just plain wreck shit. His massive strength also makes him pretty handy: he can move any rock, mow down trees, and confuse opponents with a powerful DynamicPunch, allowing you to make a clean getaway (should the target survive).

Before you wonder, just remember that Jiggs is S-Tier in Super Smash Bros. Melee. You watch this thing, and when it gets going, it's a total beast, a master of hand-to-hand combat. It's like that cute pet you have that's also a total badass. Imagine him getting a Rest off and sending any opponent flying into the distance. Or he could be just generally useful in sleeping wild Pokemon so you can catch them.

I'd really like to hear how you came across such a rare Pokemon as Lugia. It's my understanding that their existence is beyond legendary.
Yeah, I'm really skeptical on all of these legendaries showing up too. I didn't realize Smogon had such great and powerful trainers, although I suppose I should have expected it!

Wait...were we supposed to give you their nicknames? How did I miss that level of sentiment?

Venusaur-Flora. She's the daughter & only child of my Venusaur from Leaf Green

Sharpedo-Julian. A name I'd want to call when I need to go somewhere.

Golurk-Erquhart. I love old english names, and I kind of gave into the type-casted kings english butler theme with my Golurk. Don't give me that look, I love him!

Porygon-Maya. Named after my preferred modeling/animation program, which is also conveniently an awesome name :D

Ambipom-Balian. Named after a famous retired gymnast whose story is very dear to me.

Jolteon-Dante. I had a special little Eevee sitting in my SoulSilver computer waiting to go on an adventure, which happend for it in White 2. This name means a lot to me, because I was almost christened Dante when I was born! I also raised a Jolteon waaay back in Red version, and Pokemon and baby pictures were a big part of my life in elementary school.

canno

formerly The Reptile
My personal team would be the team below:

Sigma the Metagross
Metagross is a pokemon that I fell in love with at first sight. It's a pokemon that is both extremely powerful and extremely intelligent. It's computer-like features is really what drives it to be my favorite pokemon. In terms of use, it can be used as a (rather slow) means of transport. It can also (assumingly) act as a computer, or at the very least, as a source of information.

Sandman the Sandslash
Say what you want about Sandslash, it is definitely one of my favorite gen 1 pokemon. It's design is cool, it has good power and decent physical bulk. It's a mole with giant claws, I don't see how this isn't badass. In terms of usage, it can dig holes, which is an alternate form of transportation. Meanwhile, it can use it's terraforming powers in various ways (although it's terraformation woudn't be the strongest)

Nightwing the Crobat
Personally, this is what I would choose as my personal flyer. It's night navigational skills, mixed with it's ability to fly, make it really useful. Not only that, but Crobat is also a badass. It's high speed and decent attack are a great asset in battle, and it's design just screams badass. I can easily see why this appears in many people's dream teams.

Neurotic the Tentacruel
I always though Tentacruel had a cool design (fun fact: my first legit shiny outside of the red gyarados was a shiny tentacool), it's typing is also really cool (combination of 2 of my favorite types). Meanwhile, it has usable offenses, surprisingly good speed, and good bulk to go. Also, it is a relaxing way to navigate the ocean (although Garchomp would definitely be my main form of aquatic transportation)

Omega the Magnezone
Beep Boop! As you could probably tell by Metagross, I love robots, and Magnezone is a pretty cool looking robot. This thing is a monster in BW2, and it's also decent in competitive battle. It's typing is really neat too. In terms of use, it can control magnetic fields. Great party trick, I guess? It could also do what most other electric-type do - charge electronics and provide a source of energy.

Jaws the Garchomp
Garchomp is a fucking land shark. Need I say more? It's ability to fly AND swim, not to mention walk make it a great form of transportation as well. It has great STABs, and is a powerhouse in battle. This thing is Cynthia's signature pokemon for a reason - it's a monster.

side note, I realize my type synergy is horrible, stfu ;-;

Before you wonder, just remember that Jiggs is S-Tier in Super Smash Bros. Melee. You watch this thing, and when it gets going, it's a total beast, a master of hand-to-hand combat.
]:
I'll just never battle you, k?
Sigma the Metagross
As in the greek letter? Perhaps a reference to the Megaman villain?
Neurotic the Tentacruel
He he.... on Showdown I always call Tentacruel U.F.O.

My team feels significantly less unique now... I didn't expect so many Crobat fans.
2 other Flygons, 1 Empoleon, and 2 Crobats.

And wow. It's only page 3, but I feel like this topic has gotten a huge response due the depth contained in each post. I love some of details people put about how they met there pokemon, or of memories they have from playing with them in-game.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
My team might be something like this:

-->
-->

Raichu (F)
My starter <3
Raichu can be extremely powerful given the right support. She can shock enemies into submission, and she's no slouch when it comes to speed either. Plus it's so cute! <3

-->

Aggron (M)
My very first shiny, even if I count the Red Gyarados and the Black Haxorus. Hits like a truck, takes hits like one, and is just scary in general. Even though I would catch him wild, he would know Head Smash because I have a Cranidos at home and he taught Lairon how to use Head Smash. As a result Aggron can plow down anything that doesn't resist Rock.

-->
-->

Serperior (F)
I would recieve her from Professor Juniper upon arrival in the Unova region. She is super fast, takes hits almost as well as Aggron does, and is just a total bro sis. I just can't imagine going on an adventure in Unova without her by my side.​

I feel like this shouldn't die just yet.
My very first shiny, even if I count the Red Gyarados and the Black Haxorus. Hits like a truck, takes hits like one, and is just scary in general.
Your first shiny was something cool? Lucky. :I

Would it be okay if I went again? I'm at my laptop now, so I can add sprites and more description and what not.

Flareon
This one would be my starter, of course. Flareon's always been a favourite of mine, which I guess makes me a bit of an oddball, as it seems everyone else immediately casts him aside as "lol worst eevee". Apparently I've loved Flareon as long as I've been into pokemon, finding a lv100 Flareon in the backup memory of my Pokemon Stadium cart. good times.

THUNDER*
What an imaginative name, heh. This one was my most powerful pokemon way back during my first playthrough of pokemon blue when I was a kid: a level 87 Magneton named "THUNDER" (in all caps). Unfortunately, I lost it due to a battery running on the silver I traded it to, but apparently he's immortalized in my stadium cart as a registered mon. I enjoy the memories of this specific Magneton so much that I went to the trouble of hatching a shiny one. I like to think that it's the same one "rising from the ashes", as it were.

(Oh, and Stadium announcer going "HERE IT COMES, THUNDER!" made my day as a kid with it.)

Phione*
I don't care what anyone says. Whilst he is quite obviously a psuedo-Manaphy, I still love the guy more. He was the first shiny I hatched (Hasty with a 31 Speed IV to boot), so he'll always be special to me. Since he's technically a legendary pokemon, I suppose I could've met him on a visit to Catalina Island :D I went there last spring, and had an amazing time, and it seems like a likely habitat for him.

Cherrim
I do tend to like several pokemon others seem to shun. When I was little, I went to Japan with my family during the spring time, which means the Sakura were in full bloom. All the pretty pink petals dancing around really is something quite spectacular. Cherrim was an instant addition to my team when Gen4 rolled around.

Togetsu
Another one of my all time favourites, first Togetic in GSC (although it was in XD where I used it as part of my team where it really grew on me), and then as Togekiss. It also stands for what I believe:
BW Pokedex said:
It shares many blessings with people who respect one another's rights and avoid needless strife.
As for why "Togetsu", I've no idea. Whenever I see Togekiss, for whatever reason, "Togetsu" is the first name to come to mind.

Meloetta
Are legendaries frowned upon, especially as I've already used Phione? It's just this one fits so well for me. I love making music in my spare time (Having first started the keyboard when I was about 9), so it's just natural I'd use Meloetta. Let's say that I could've been the one to coax it into remembering the Relic Song :P

RODAN

Banned deucer.
if it was my dream team i would want a snorlax but that could not turn out anything but badly

All these people with legendaries ugh...
I get Phione, but Giratina???
If I'm pushing it with Meloetta, I would happily pick something else. Of course, I'd need some people to convince me that I'm pushing it. I just felt it fit really well, because Music's something I love doing.

If you think Meloetta is an unlikely encounter (I don't even know where it's supposed to be found) there are other options for music. There are other sound and even dancing (to accompany your song) based pokemon. Some examples include Chatot, Kricketune, Ludicolo, and Sudowoodo. If you want something more cute though, you could pick any pokemon that learns sing such as Clefable or Altaria.
EDIT: There's also the move round, which near everything learns.

Remember that trainer with a Darkrai AND Latios, that faced Ash?

It's okay if you pick legends.. Pokemon isn't real, and it's cool to think of having 1 legend with you, that you luckily ran into and came to an agreement and a bond to explore the world together, etc and so on. To defeat the evil in the world or do other courageous or whatever travel motivations.

Some choices are a big funny and..lol what, but it's your team. So all good.

All I know is I wouldn't want a fat Snorlax with me that I have to feed constantly, or a Pokemon that is 15-20 feet tall.

Remember that trainer with a Darkrai AND Latios, that faced Ash?

It's okay if you pick legends.. Pokemon isn't real, and it's cool to think of having 1 legend with you, that you luckily ran into and came to an agreement and a bond to explore the world together, etc and so on. To defeat the evil in the world or do other courageous or whatever travel motivations.

Some choices are a big funny and..lol what, but it's your team. So all good.

All I know is I wouldn't want a fat Snorlax with me that I have to feed constantly, or a Pokemon that is 15-20 feet tall.
Yeah, you're right. Plus, several legendaries are confirmed to have others existing in the species (the Latis and Shaymin come to mind).

Yeah, you're right. Plus, several legendaries are confirmed to have others existing in the species (the Latis and Shaymin come to mind).
in the anime, lugia, too. i think there was an episode in the johto era with silver the baby lugia.

also the legendary dogs, celebi, genesect...

I would never add a Jirachi and the sorts to my team though. If the Pokemon description involves a one and only, or sleeping, etc for countless years. Yada yada.

But yeah it's weird reading about legendaries that discuss multiples and stuff. I guess it's more of a.. Exclusive and hidden away kind of Pokemon, rather than a single one with no other relatives. (Ignore the ingame breeding mechanics)

I would never add a Jirachi and the sorts to my team though. If the Pokemon description involves a one and only, or sleeping, etc for countless years. Yada yada.

But yeah it's weird reading about legendaries that discuss multiples and stuff. I guess it's more of a.. Exclusive and hidden away kind of Pokemon, rather than a single one with no other relatives. (Ignore the ingame breeding mechanics)
yeah - i believe it'd be kinda like finding a really rare animal, like a white tiger. they exist, but there are like, what, 100? i haven't checked the numbers in a while, but they are exceptionally rare. still, it is possible to find someone with them.

Personally I feel weird picking legendaries. I've been toying with the idea of including Regice in my list with a little story, but every time I come close I back out. The funny thing is that i have no problem including an equally rare starter Pokemon on my team. (Seriously, where do you even catch those?)

Perhaps it's because I tend not to use them in game.

Personally I feel weird picking legendaries. I've been toying with the idea of including Regice in my list with a little story, but every time I come close I back out. The funny thing is that i have no problem including an equally rare starter Pokemon on my team. (Seriously, where do you even catch those?)

Perhaps it's because I tend not to use them in game.
admittedly, how many people breed pokemon constantly for genetics and then release the "defective" ones? i'd think that there would be many in the wild due to this occurring.

Starters would be easy. Prof from whatver region you start with gives you one you choose.. And if you ever want another one from another region just tell about how another Prof lets you choose one of three in exchange for some help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)