Golbat [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

GOLBAT IS HERE - SORRY ABOUT DELAYS. I HAD SCHOOL, SANDY, AND A HDD CRASH AND HAD TO RE-WRITE THIS......:| But it's here now :D

[Overview]

<p>During the transition to BW2, Golbat didn't change a lot, unlike other threats in the tier. With decent stats for an NFE Pokemon backed up by Eviolite and a good defensive typing, Golbat is a wall that can be a nightmare to take down. Its movepool is great for a defensive Pokemon, containing support, attacks, and even reliable recovery with Roost. Golbat also boasts Brave Bird and a passable Attack stat, preventing it from being complete setup bait, and with a base Speed of 90, Golbat can outspeed most walls and even some offensive Pokemon.</p>

<p>However, while effective, Golbat does have its faults. Its typing is a double-edged sword; while giving it an immunity to Toxic and some nice 4x resistances to Fighting, Bug, Grass, not to mention an immunity to Ground, it also gives Golbat a weakness to Stealth Rock. Also, Golbat is weak to Psychic-, Rock-, Electric- and Ice-type attacks, and most of which are common offensive types; however, Roost can nullify some of these weaknesses for a turn. Furthermore, Golbat has no way to boost its stats outside the useless Nasty Plot and the undesirable Curse. Golbat also struggles with Steel-types; however, on a switch, Golbat can at least put a dent in them with Super Fang.</p>

[SET]
name: Batman
move 1: Brave Bird
move 2: Roost
move 3: Taunt / U-turn
move 4: Super Fang / Toxic
item: Eviolite
ability: Inner Focus
nature: Impish
evs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is the best defensive set Golbat can run. It can take physical hits well, and is a perfect check to Sawsbuck, Gurdurr, Pinsir, and Golurk that lack Stone Edge. For moves, nothing screams Batman quite like a Brave Bird that hits pretty hard, even without investment. Roost is obvious for reliable recovery, especially because Golbat should not run Leftovers. Roost also nullifies Golbat's weakness to Electric-, Rock-, and Ice-type moves for a turn, but watch out for Earthquake! Because Golbat is pretty fast, especially with a little investment, it can shut down many walls with Taunt, which can force some switches. Golbat could also use U-turn to keep switch advantage, despite the pitiful damage it deals to opposing Pokemon. Next, Super Fang is a great move that no Pokemon wants to switch into, particularly Steel- or Rock-type counters, and Golbat can use it well. Should you want more consistent damage, however, Toxic can do better at breaking through walls in the long run. If you use Toxic Spikes anywhere on your team, it's better to use Super Fang. Remember, if you're looking for something offensive, Braviary and Swellow are generally better picks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread above provides some physical bulk and allows Golbat to outspeed base 70 Speed Pokemon such as Ludicolo, Jolly Torterra, and Timid Gorebyss. If these Pokemon do not concern you, you can also use the spread 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD, which allows Golbat to take physical hits even better. You could invest in more Special Defense; however, most of Golbat's weaknesses generally consist of special moves, which it would never want to take. In regards to team support, Golbat benefits greatly from the Rapid Spin support of Pokemon such as Torkoal, Wartortle, and Armaldo. Golbat also likes being paired with Dark-types such as Absol and Normal-types such as Audino, Lickilicky, Kangaskhan, and Cinccino, due to Golbat's 4x resistance to Fighting- and Bug-type attacks. Specially defensive Audino and specially defensive Lickilicky have great synergy with physically defensive Golbat, as they create a good defensive core. Lastly, Golbat has great synergy with Piloswine, as Piloswine can hit Golbat's checks such as Ampharos and Electabuzz, while Golbat can take on Fighting-types that threaten Piloswine.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Haze is a decent move to remove stat boosts, and with Golbat's Speed, it could run it effectively. Golbat could also run Whirlwind to phaze out a dangerous threat or something setting up. With Hypnosis, Golbat could become a sleep inducer, but the accuracy is a bit of a turn off. However, if Hypnosis does hit, an opponent's Pokemon is likely crippled for the match. To provide more team support, Golbat could also use Tailwind to speed up your team for three turns. Golbat could also use the ability Infiltrator, but it doesn't have much use, and Inner Focus allows Golbat to take a Fake Out without flinching. As for boosting moves, Golbat has access to Curse and Nasty Plot, but neither are good for Golbat. Golbat's Special Attack is still low even after a Nasty Plot and it usually doesn't want to lower its Speed with Curse.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Golbat is actually quite difficult to take on in NU, as it can hurt many major threats that lack Prankster or Taunt. Only Ghost-types like switching into Super Fang, so switching into a bulky or faster one will keep Golbat in check. Haunter is a good check because of its Speed and access to hard-hitting special moves, but it must watch out for Brave Bird. Drifblim is a great check to Golbat, as it can take both Super Fang and Brave Bird, while it can send a burn back with Will-O-Wisp. Golurk also can be a decent check; it is immune to Super Fang, takes little damage from Brave Bird, and Stone Edge variants can hit Golbat hard.</p>

<p>Despite possible Super Fang damage, any fast special attacker can hit Golbat before it can Roost to negate some of its weaknesses. Generally, Psychic-, Electric-, and Ice-types counter Golbat the best. Both Rotom-S and Rotom-F can counter Golbat, as both take pitiful damage from Brave Bird and force it to switch. Psychic-types, namely Gardevoir, Kadabra, and Duosion, can really hurt Golbat because it cannot remove its Psychic-type weakness with Roost. Duosion is immune to Toxic, thanks to Magic Guard, has Recover to counter Super Fang, and can KO Golbat with Psychic. Electric- and Ice-types such as Raichu, Ampharos, Electabuzz, Regice, and Articuno outspeed Golbat and can KO it with their respective STAB attacks. Piloswine also is effective because it is can use a STAB Ice-type attack or use Earthquake when Golbat uses Roost. Finally, Golbat lacks Leftovers, so any form of residual damage is recommended. Stealth Rock will chip off 25% of its health on a switch and Will-O-Wisp will lessen Golbat's playing time.</p>

• Passable Attack of 80
• Good Speed of 90
• Good movepool, including reliable recovery in roost, taunt, super fang, brave bird, among others

• Typing is a double edge sword giving a weakness to SR, but also immunity to Toxic and some 4x resistances (Fighting, Bug, Grass, and an immunity to Ground)... being weak to Psychic, Rock, Electric and Ice-type moves is also not great, as these are all common attacking types (However, all but Psychic-type can be negated by roost)
• Has no way of boosting offensive stats outside of Nasty Plot or Curse, which won't be that powerful off 65 SpA and generally Golbat doesn't want to lower speed
• Struggles with Steels, but on a switch, Super Fang can put a dent in all of them
[SET]
move 3: Taunt / U-Turn

[SET COMMENTS]

• Takes Physical Hits well; perfect check to Sawksbuck, Gurdurr, Pinsir, and Golurk
• With minimal investment, Golbat is still pretty fast when compared to other walls and squeaks by base 70s
• Brave Bird is a powerful enough move to hurt even when coming off an average base 80 Attack without investment
• Roost gives Golbat reliable recovery, and of course, it removes Ice, Electric, and Rock
-type weaknesses (watch out for Earthquake!)
• Golbat is pretty fast and can shut down walls with Taunt or use U-Turn to switch into something else- it won't do much but switching advantage is always good
• Super Fang is a great move that no Pokemon want to switch into, particularly Steel-type or Rock-type counters, but Toxic can to break through walls in the long run

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• The EV spread provides some physical bulk and allows you to outspeed base 70 speed Pokemon such as Ludicolo, and others like Jolly Toreterra and Timid Gorebyss; if this doesn't concern you, go with 248 HP / 252Def / 8SpD, this allows you to take phyisical hits even better
• You could invest in more Special defense; remember most of Golbat's weaknesses are generally consisting of Special moves which it would never want to take
• Golbat benefits from the rapid spin support of Torkoal, Wartotle, and Armaldo
• Golbat likes being paired with Dark-types like Absol or Normal-types such as Audino, Lickylicky, Kanghaskhan, or Cinccino (oh by the way PinkBat [SpD Audino and Def Golabt] core is AMAZING. All of these are due to Golbat's x4 resistance to Fighting and Bug accordingly. This also is true for Lickylick which has good special bulk.)
• Golbat has great synergy with Piloswine... Piloswine can hit Golbat's checks such as Electric-types and Golbat can take on Fighting-types that threaten Piloswine
• Toxic Spikes allow you to forgo Toxic for certain
• If you're looking for something offensive, Braviary is generally better

[Other Options]

• Haze
• Whirlwind
• Hypnosis
• Nasty Plot set but it is weak..
• Curse set with 252HP/252SpD/4Def but generally a selling point of Golbat is it's speed as a wall
• Infiltrator bypasses screens, but Golbat is using Super Fang most of the time for damage anyways
• Tailwind is interesting but generally has a hard time finding a slot​

[Checks and Counters]

• Remember, (except Ghosts) nothing likes switching into Super Fang, especially things without reliable recovery
• Rotom-S or Rotom-F are decent counters, they resist Brave Bird and has electric STAB to scare Golbat's (generally) less SpD
• Gardevoir, Kadabra, Duosion, and other Psychic-types, can hit it pretty hard
• Murkrow has Prankster and can Taunt / Roost stall, but can't damage Golbat much
• Golurk isn't hit by Super Fang and can threaten Golbat with Stone Edge
• Golbat doesn't like Ghosts, particularly Drifblim, due to their immunity to Super Fang and burn Golbat back; Haunter, however, must also watch out for Brave Bird due to it's horrible bulk
• In general, not just from Ghost-types, Golbats hate being burned due to resisdual damage and a weaker Brave Bird... clerics such as Audino are recommended
• Golbat also struggles with Electric-types and Ice-types, particularly Ampharos, Electabuzz, Regice, Articuno
• Golbat lacks Leftovers, so it is susceptible to being worn down a bit despite recovery

Going to write this up soon :D

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looks good at a glance, but I do see some things :P

Takes Physical Hits well; perfect check to Heracross, Sawksbuck, and other physical threats
Heracross is UU

...the 80 Special Defense EVs will ensure that Golbat takes less than 50 % from Slowking's uninvested Psychic and also that it cannot be OHKOed by Mesprit after SR
Magneton, even though it counters Golbat, can trap troublesome Steel-types
They're RU

Golbat doesn't like Sandstorm or Hail due to lack of Leftovers
It is true that the lack of Leftovers does hurt, but weather -other than Rain and Sun- isn't too popular. So it'd be best to say something about the lack of Leftovers.

EDIT:

Rotom-A is a decent counter, it resists Brave Bird and has electric STAB to scare Golbat's (generally) less SpD
It's not NU either ^^

*facepalm*

I worked a bit off the old analysis and forgot to check the tiers.....

sorry everyone xD I'll check them all and correct them now

One of the Mesprit mentions is still in the skeleton. Also the EV spread could probably use tweaking as it's meant to survive a hit from Mesprit who hasn't been available in the tier since forever ago.

Don't mention hail or sandstorm at all - manual sandstorm and hail are never used.

Also Rotom-S (fan) should be mentioned in counters, not Rotom-F (fridge). Rotom-F is bad and nobody uses it.

All of those fixed. I actually, must have had a horrible day mentally yesterday because I thought Rotom-F was fan and made tons of tiering mistakes ... I know better, but I guess that's what happens after many days of school and little sleep.... good thing I got to sleep in this morning xD

Should the EVs be 252 HP / 252 Def / 4SpD?

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Also Rotom-S (fan) should be mentioned in counters, not Rotom-F (fridge). Rotom-F is bad and nobody uses it.
Rotom-F is, in fact, getting more common lately as people realize just how good it is. Just mention both of them as counters since neither of them cares about anything but Toxic.

I'll check this thoroughly tomorrow.

Rotom-F is, in fact, getting more common lately as people realize just how good it is. Just mention both of them as counters since neither of them cares about anything but Toxic.

I'll check this thoroughly tomorrow.
Ok. I added Rotom-F as well. I await your analysis and ideas tomorrow!

Some things:
  • in the overview you say that Golbat has an immunity to poison right after discussing its resistances, I think you mean ground here (especialyl since you talked about toxic immunity already)
  • huge expansion on teammates in Additional Comments. spin support is good, but list some more partners for Golbat. Since Golbat is a great check to Sawk, Gurdurr, Pinsir, and Golurk I would mention Pokemon that struggle against them.
  • Also, because Golbat struggles with Electric types, I would mention Pokemon that can take advantage of them.
  • remove hail and sandstorm from checks and counters
  • mention that electric and ice types in general do great(ampharos, regice, articuno)

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Defensive Bat:

• Firstly, set name MUST be Batman. This is mandatory.
  • About the EV spread: I think 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe is worth a mention at least, and personally I would always use it over max / max. The extra Speed lets you outrun neutral nature base 70's, most notably Ludicolo, allowing you to Taunt / Brave Bird them before they can move, which can be crucial. Other notable benchmarks include Jolly Torterra and Timid Gorebyss, both of which outspeed the 0 Speed spread. I haven't run calcs but dropping 96 EVs does not seem like it should be a huge issue. At the very least run 248 HP; having the odd HP number reduces Stealth Rock damage, among other advantages.
  • Where you mention Audino, also mention Lickilicky. Also mention how Golbat hates being Burnt, and having a cleric to remove this can be great.
  • Mention Piloswine as a great teammate. They have fantastic synergy and can take on each others checks and counters with ease.
Other Options and C&C look good. Once you make those changes (feel free to disagree about the EV spread, but at least mention in in AC) then consider this
[qc]1/3[/qc]

• I really like the EV spread Django has, and I think it should become the main one.
  • Batman has to be the name, 100%.

I can't really find much else to add, just mention some specific Pokemon it does well against in the write up. Otherwise,

[qc]2/3[/qc]

I'll implement the changes requested in a sec and update the thread- thanks friends!

I hope to have the writeup done next weekend. As long as school allows it xD

FINALLY I WROTE THIS UP. Well twice I did... I lost it about a week or ten days ago in a HDD crash and I only now just fixed the computer and spent time re-writing it. Sandy and School didn't help either...

BUT IT'S HERE NOW, READY FOR GP CHECKS!

GP check. Good job on writing this. Just a few small points: I noticed a few misspelled Pokemon names in here; be careful with those, especially since Spellcheck won't help with that. Remember to capitalize stats when you're talking about them (Attack, Special Attack, Speed, etc.). Also, Stealth Rock>>>>>Stealth Rocks. Anyway:
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

<p>During the transition to BW2, Golbat didn't change a lot, mostly its the scenery in NU did. With decent stats for an NFE Pokemon backed up by the Eviolite and good defensive typing, Golbat is a wall that can be a nightmare to take down. Its movepool is great for a defensive Pokemon, containing support, attacks, and even reliable recovery with Roost. Golbat also boasts a decent Brave Bird off of its passable attack Attack, and with a base Speed of 90, Golbat can outspeed most walls and even some offensive Pokemon. While However, while effective, Golbat does have its faults. Its typing is a double edge doubled-edged sword, which gives it a weakness to Stealth Rock, but also while giving it an immunity to Toxic and some nice 4x resistances to Fighting-, Bug-, Grass- types (remove space between Grass- and types), not to mention an immunity to Ground-type, also gives it a weakness to Stealth Rock. Also Golbat is weak to Psychic, Rock, Electric (add dashes to make this "Psychic-, Rock-, Electric-") and Ice-type attacks, and most of these are common offensive types; however, Roost can nullify some of those these weaknesses for a turn. Furthermore, Golbat has no way to boost its stats outside of Nasty Plot, which won't be that powerful off boost its 65 special attack base Special Attack near enough, or and Curse, and generally which lowers Speed, something Golbat doesn't want to lower its speed do. Golbat also struggles with Steel-types; however, on a switch, Golbat can at least put a dent in them with Super Fang.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This is the best defensive set Golbat can run. It can take physical hits well, and it is a perfect check to Sawksbuck Sawsbuck, Gurdurr, Pinsir, and Golurk. With the this minimal speed Speed investment, Golbat can just squeak by Base 70 speed base Speed Pokemon (sentences explaining EV selection belong in Additional Comments; this sentence should be moved there, though you might want to just get rid of it because I see you already have a section talking about Golbat's Speed down there). For moves, nothing screams Batman quite like a Brave Bird that hits pretty hard, even without investment, and can prove its worth. Roost is obvious for reliable recovery, especially because Golbat should not run Leftovers. Roost also nullifies its Golbat's weakness to Electric-, Rock-, and Ice-types for a turn, but watch out for Earthquake! Because Golbat is pretty fast, especially with a little investment, it can shut down many/most (your choice, or another word/neither if you prefer) walls with Taunt, which can force some switches. Golbat could also use U-Turn to keep switch advantage, despite the pitiful damage it deals to opposing Pokemon. Next, Super Fang is a great move that no Pokemon want wants to switch into, particularly Steel-type or Rock-type counters, and Golbat can use it well. Should you want more consistent damage, Toxic can do better at breaking through walls in the long run. If you use Toxic Spikes anywhere on your team, it’s better to use Super Fang. Remember, if you're looking for something offensive, Braviary or and Swellow are generally better.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The EV spread above provides some physical bulk and allows you Golbat to outspeed base 70 speed base Speed Pokemon such as Ludicolo, Jolly nature Toreterra Torterra (add comma) and Timid nature Gorebyss; if these Pokemon do not concern you, use you can also use the spread 248 HP / 252Def / 8SpD (add space between 252 and Def and between 8 and SpD). This spread also allows you Golbat to take physical hits even better. You could invest in more Special defense Defense; however, most of Golbat's weaknesses generally consist of special moves, which it would never want to take. In regards to team support, Golbat benefits greatly from the Rapid Spin support of Pokemon such as Torkoal, Wartotle Wartortle, or and Armaldo. Golbat also likes being paired with Dark-types like Absol or and Normal-types such as Audino, Lickylicky Lickilicky, Kanghaskhan kangaskhan, or Cinccino. All of these are due to Golbat's x4 4x resistance to Fighting- and Bug-type accordingly attacks. Specially defensive Audino or specially defensive Lickylicky Lickilicky create great synergy with physically defensive Golabt Golbat, as they create a good defensive core. Also, Golbat has great synergy with Piloswine, as Piloswine can hit Golbat's checks such as Ampharos or and Electabuzz, while Golbat can take on Fighting-types that threaten Piloswine.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>For other options, Golbat does have a few other moves it can use. Haze is a decent move to remove stat boosts, and with Golbat's Speed, it could run it effectively. Golbat could also run Whirlwind to phase out a dangerous threat or something setting up. With Hypnosis, Golbat could become a sleep-inducer, but the accuracy is a bit of a turn off. However, if Hypnosis does hit, an opponent's Pokemon is likely crippled for the match. To provide more team support, Golbat could also use Tailwind to speed up your team for three turns. Golbat could also use the ability Infiltrator, but it doesn't have much use, and Inner Focus allows Golbat to take a Fake-Out Fake Out without flinching. For boosting moves, Golbat has access to Curse and Nasty Plot, but neither of which are good for Golbat. It's Golbat's Special Attack is still low even after a Nasty Plot (remove comma) and it usually Golbat doesn't want to lower it's speed its Speed with Curse. </p>

[Checks and Counters]
<p>Golbat is actually quite difficult to take on in NU. Without Prankster or Taunt, Golbat can hurt many major threats in NU. Nothing, except for Ghost-types, likes Only Ghost-types like switching into Super Fang, so switching into a bulky or faster Ghost-type one will keep Golbat in check. Haunter is a good check because of its Speed and access to hard hitting special moves, but it must watch out for Brave Bird as well. Drifblim is a great check to Golbat, as it can take both Super Fang and Brave Bird, while it can send a burn back with Will-O-Wisp. Golurk also is a decent check; it resists Super Fang, doesn't take a lot of damage from Brave Bird, and can hit Golbat hard with a Stone Edge. Despite Super Fang damage, any fast special attacking threats threat can hit Golbat before it can Roost to negate some of its weaknesses. Generally, Psychic-, Electric-, or and Ice-types counter Golbat the best. Both Rotom-S and Rotom-F can counter Golbat, taking pitiful damage from Brave Bird and forcing it to switch. Other Psychic-types, namely Gardevoir, Kadabra, and Duosion, can really hurt Golbat because it cannot remove its Psychic-type weakness with Roost. Thanks to Magic Guard, Duosion is immune to Toxic thanks to Magic Guard, has Recover to counter Super Fang, and can KO Golbat with Psychic. Electric- and Ice-types such as Raichu, Ampharos, Electabuzz, Regice, and Articuno outspeed Golbat, (remove comma) and can KO it with their respective STAB attacks. Piloswine also is effective because it is can use a STAB Ice-type attack and when Golbat uses Roost and then or use Earthquake for a lot of damage when Golbat uses Roost. Golbat lacks Leftovers, so any form of residual damage or entry hazards (Golbat is immune to both forms of Spikes (so only Stealth Rock actually is useful to stop it) and entry hazards are a form of residual damage anyway I believe) is recommended. Stealth Rocks Rock will chip off 25% of its health on a switch and Will-O-Wisp will lessen Golbat's playing time.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]

Thanks for the check Melvni.

I'll probably have to invest in that convenient Pokemon spell checker then... I can't believe the misspellings of Pokemon xD. But I'll keep all of your tips in mind for future as well.

One more GP check to go!

am check get

add/change
remove
comments

[Overview]
(insert linebreak)

<p>During the transition to BW2, Golbat didn't change a lot, mostly the scenery in NU did unlike other threats in the tier. With decent stats for an NFE Pokemon backed up by Eviolite and a good defensive typing, Golbat is a wall that can be a nightmare to take down. Its movepool is great for a defensive Pokemon, containing support, attacks, and even reliable recovery with Roost. Golbat also boasts a decent Brave Bird off of its and a passable Attack stat, preventing it from being complete setup bait, and with a base Speed of 90, Golbat can outspeed most walls and even some offensive Pokemon. However, while effective, Golbat does have its faults. Its typing is a doubled-edged sword, while giving it an immunity to Toxic and some nice 4x resistances to Fighting-, Bug-, Grass-types, not to mention an immunity to Ground-type, also gives it a weakness to Stealth Rock. Also, Golbat is weak to Psychic-, Rock-, Electric- and Ice-type attacks, and most of these are common offensive types; however, Roost can nullify some of these weaknesses for a turn. Furthermore, Golbat has no way to boost its stats outside of Nasty Plot, which won't boost is ineffective, due to its base 65 Special Attack, near enough, and Curse, which lowers Speed, which something Golbat doesn't want cannot afford to do. Golbat also struggles with Steel-types; however, on a switch, Golbat can at least put a dent in them with Super Fang.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
(add linebreak)
<p>This is the best defensive set Golbat can run. It can take physical hits well, and it is a perfect check to Sawsbuck, Gurdurr, Pinsir, and Golurk that lack Stone Edge. For moves, nothing screams Batman quite like a Brave Bird that hits pretty hard, even without investment. Roost is obvious for reliable recovery, especially because Golbat should not run Leftovers. Roost also nullifies Golbat's weakness to Electric-, Rock-, and Ice-types for a turn, but watch out for Earthquake! Because Golbat is pretty fast, especially with a little investment, it can shut down many walls with Taunt, which can force some switches. Golbat could also use U-Turn to keep switch advantage, despite the pitiful damage it deals to opposing Pokemon. Next, Super Fang is a great move that no Pokemon wants to switch into, particularly Steel-type or Rock-type counters, and Golbat can use it well. Should you want more consistent damage, Toxic can do better at breaking through walls in the long run. If you use Toxic Spikes anywhere on your team, it’s it's (avoid using curly apostrophes please) better to use Super Fang. Remember, if you're looking for something offensive, Braviary and Swellow are generally better.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
(add linebreak)
<p>The EV spread above provides some physical bulk and allows Golbat to outspeed 70 base Speed Pokemon such as Ludicolo, Jolly nature Torterra, and Timid nature Gorebyss; if these Pokemon do not concern you, you can also use the spread 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD. This spread also allows Golbat to take physical hits even better. You could invest in more Special Defense; however, most of Golbat's weaknesses generally consist of special moves, which it would never want to take. In regards to team support, Golbat benefits greatly from the Rapid Spin support of Pokemon such as Torkoal, Wartortle, and Armaldo. Golbat also likes being paired with Dark-types like Absol and Normal-types such as Audino, Lickilicky, Kangaskhan, or Cinccino,. All of these are due to Golbat's 4x resistance to Fighting- and Bug-type attacks. Specially defensive Audino or specially defensive Lickilicky create great synergy with physically defensive Golbat, as they create a good defensive core. Also, Golbat has great synergy with Piloswine, as Piloswine can hit Golbat's checks such as Ampharos and Electabuzz, while Golbat can take on Fighting-types that threaten Piloswine.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>For other options, Golbat does have has a few other moves it can use. Haze is a decent move to remove stat boosts, and with Golbat's Speed, it could run it effectively. Golbat could also run Whirlwind to phase out a dangerous threat or something setting up. With Hypnosis, Golbat could become a sleep-inducer, but the accuracy is a bit of a turn off. However, if Hypnosis does hit, an opponent's Pokemon is likely crippled for the match. To provide more team support, Golbat could also use Tailwind to speed up your team for three turns. Golbat could also use the ability Infiltrator, but it doesn't have much use, and Inner Focus allows Golbat to take a Fake Out without flinching. For boosting moves, Golbat has access to Curse and Nasty Plot, but neither are good for Golbat. Golbat's Special Attack is still low even after a Nasty Plot and it usually doesn't want to lower its Speed with Curse.</p>

[Checks and Counters]
(add linebreak)
<p>Golbat is actually quite difficult to take on in NU. Without Prankster or Taunt, Golbat can hurt many major threats. Only Ghost-types like switching into Super Fang, so switching into a bulky or faster one will keep Golbat in check. Haunter is a good check because of its Speed and access to hard hitting special moves, but it must watch out for Brave Bird. Drifblim is a great check to Golbat, as it can take both Super Fang and Brave Bird, while it can send a burn back with Will-O-Wisp. Golurk also can be a decent check; it resists is immune to Super Fang, doesn't take a lot of takes little damage from Brave Bird, and can hit Golbat hard with Stone Edge if it carries it. Despite possible Super Fang damage, any fast special attacking threat attacker can hit Golbat before it can Roost to negate some of its weaknesses. Generally, Psychic-, Electric-, and Ice-types counter Golbat the best. Both Rotom-S and Rotom-F can counter Golbat, taking pitiful damage from Brave Bird and forcing it to switch. Psychic-types, namely Gardevoir, Kadabra, and Duosion, can really hurt Golbat because it cannot remove its Psychic-type weakness with Roost. Duosion is immune to Toxic, thanks to Magic Guard, has Recover to counter Super Fang, and can KO Golbat with Psychic. Electric- and Ice-types such as Raichu, Ampharos, Electabuzz, Regice, and Articuno outspeed Golbat and can KO it with their respective STAB attacks. Piloswine also is effective because it is can use a STAB Ice-type attack or use Earthquake when Golbat uses Roost. Golbat lacks Leftovers, so any form of residual damage is recommended. Stealth Rock will chip off 25% of its health on a switch and Will-O-Wisp will lessen Golbat's playing time.</p>

[Overview]

<p>During the transition to BW2, Golbat didn't change a lot, unlike other threats in the tier. With decent stats for an NFE Pokemon backed up by Eviolite and a good defensive typing, Golbat is a wall that can be a nightmare to take down. Its movepool is great for a defensive Pokemon, containing support, attacks, and even reliable recovery with Roost. Golbat also boasts Brave Bird and a passable Attack stat, preventing it from being complete setup bait, and with a base Speed of 90, Golbat can outspeed most walls and even some offensive Pokemon. However, while effective, Golbat does have its faults. Its typing is a doubled-edged sword, while giving it an immunity to Toxic and some nice 4x resistances to Fighting-, Bug-, Grass-types, not to mention an immunity to Ground-type, also gives it a weakness to Stealth Rock. Also, Golbat is weak to Psychic-, Rock-, Electric- and Ice-type attacks, and most of these are common offensive types; however, Roost can nullify some of these weaknesses for a turn. Furthermore, Golbat has no way to boost its stats outside of Nasty Plot, which is ineffective, due to its base 65 Special Attack, and Curse, which lowers Speed, something Golbat cannot afford to do. Golbat also struggles with Steel-types; however, on a switch, Golbat can at least put a dent in them with Super Fang.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is the best defensive set Golbat can run. It can take physical hits well, and is a perfect check to Sawsbuck, Gurdurr, Pinsir, and Golurk that lack Stone Edge. For moves, nothing screams Batman quite like a Brave Bird that hits pretty hard, even without investment. Roost is obvious for reliable recovery, especially because Golbat should not run Leftovers. Roost also nullifies Golbat's weakness to Electric-, Rock-, and Ice-types for a turn, but watch out for Earthquake! Because Golbat is pretty fast, especially with a little investment, it can shut down many walls with Taunt, which can force some switches. Golbat could also use U-Turn to keep switch advantage, despite the pitiful damage it deals to opposing Pokemon. Next, Super Fang is a great move that no Pokemon wants to switch into, particularly Steel-type or Rock-type counters, and Golbat can use it well. Should you want more consistent damage, Toxic can do better at breaking through walls in the long run. If you use Toxic Spikes anywhere on your team, it's better to use Super Fang. Remember, if you're looking for something offensive, Braviary and Swellow are generally better.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread above provides some physical bulk and allows Golbat to outspeed 70 base Speed Pokemon such as Ludicolo, Jolly nature Torterra, and Timid nature Gorebyss; if these Pokemon do not concern you, you can also use the spread 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD. This spread also allows Golbat to take physical hits even better. You could invest in more Special Defense; however, most of Golbat's weaknesses generally consist of special moves, which it would never want to take. In regards to team support, Golbat benefits greatly from the Rapid Spin support of Pokemon such as Torkoal, Wartortle, and Armaldo. Golbat also likes being paired with Dark-types like Absol and Normal-types such as Audino, Lickilicky, Kangaskhan, or Cinccino, due to Golbat's 4x resistance to Fighting- and Bug-type attacks. Specially defensive Audino or specially defensive Lickilicky create great synergy with physically defensive Golbat, as they create a good defensive core. Also, Golbat has great synergy with Piloswine, as Piloswine can hit Golbat's checks such as Ampharos and Electabuzz, while Golbat can take on Fighting-types that threaten Piloswine.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>For other options, Golbat has a few other moves it can use. Haze is a decent move to remove stat boosts, and with Golbat's Speed, it could run it effectively. Golbat could also run Whirlwind to phase out a dangerous threat or something setting up. With Hypnosis, Golbat could become a sleep-inducer, but the accuracy is a bit of a turn off. However, if Hypnosis does hit, an opponent's Pokemon is likely crippled for the match. To provide more team support, Golbat could also use Tailwind to speed up your team for three turns. Golbat could also use the ability Infiltrator, but it doesn't have much use, and Inner Focus allows Golbat to take a Fake Out without flinching. For boosting moves, Golbat has access to Curse and Nasty Plot, but neither are good for Golbat. Golbat's Special Attack is still low even after a Nasty Plot and it usually doesn't want to lower its Speed with Curse.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Golbat is actually quite difficult to take on in NU. Without Prankster or Taunt, Golbat can hurt many major threats. Only Ghost-types like switching into Super Fang, so switching into a bulky or faster one will keep Golbat in check. Haunter is a good check because of its Speed and access to hard hitting special moves, but it must watch out for Brave Bird. Drifblim is a great check to Golbat, as it can take both Super Fang and Brave Bird, while it can send a burn back with Will-O-Wisp. Golurk also can be a decent check; it is immune to Super Fang, takes little damage from Brave Bird, and can hit Golbat hard with Stone Edge if it carries it. Despite possible Super Fang damage, any fast special attacker can hit Golbat before it can Roost to negate some of its weaknesses. Generally, Psychic-, Electric-, and Ice-types counter Golbat the best. Both Rotom-S and Rotom-F can counter Golbat, taking pitiful damage from Brave Bird and forcing it to switch. Psychic-types, namely Gardevoir, Kadabra, and Duosion, can really hurt Golbat because it cannot remove its Psychic-type weakness with Roost. Duosion is immune to Toxic, thanks to Magic Guard, has Recover to counter Super Fang, and can KO Golbat with Psychic. Electric- and Ice-types such as Raichu, Ampharos, Electabuzz, Regice, and Articuno outspeed Golbat and can KO it with their respective STAB attacks. Piloswine also is effective because it is can use a STAB Ice-type attack or use Earthquake when Golbat uses Roost. Golbat lacks Leftovers, so any form of residual damage is recommended. Stealth Rock will chip off 25% of its health on a switch and Will-O-Wisp will lessen Golbat's playing time.</p>

worked over drakon136's cp

[Overview]

<p>During the transition to BW2, Golbat didn't change a lot, unlike other threats in the tier drakon's change is solid, but if you feel it changes your meaning too much, you could go for something like 'but the scenery in NU did'. With decent stats for an NFE Pokemon backed up by Eviolite and a good defensive typing, Golbat is a wall that can be a nightmare to take down. Its movepool is great for a defensive Pokemon, containing support, attacks, and even reliable recovery with Roost. Golbat also boasts Brave Bird and a passable Attack stat, preventing it from being complete setup bait, and with a base Speed of 90, Golbat can outspeed most walls and even some offensive Pokemon.</p>

<p>
However, while effective, Golbat does have its faults. Its typing is a double-edged sword; while giving it an immunity to Toxic and some nice 4x resistances to Fighting-, Bug-, Grass-types and Grass, not to mention an immunity to Ground-type, it also gives it Golbat a weakness to Stealth Rock. Also, Golbat is weak to Psychic-, Rock-, Electric- and Ice-type attacks, and most of these most of which are common offensive types; however, Roost can nullify some of these weaknesses for a turn. Furthermore, Golbat has no way to boost its stats outside of Nasty Plot, which is ineffective, due to its base 65 Special Attack, and Curse, which lowers Speed, something Golbat cannot afford to do i'd condense these into 'the useless Nasty Plot and the undesirable Curse'; imo you have the rest of the analysis to go into all the necessary detail. Golbat also struggles with Steel-types; however, on a switch, Golbat can at least put a dent in them with Super Fang.</p>

[SET]
move 3: Taunt / U-turn

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is the best defensive set Golbat can run. It can take physical hits well, and is a perfect check to Sawsbuck, Gurdurr, Pinsir, and Golurk that lack Stone Edge. For moves, nothing screams Batman quite like a Brave Bird that hits pretty hard, even without investment. Roost is obvious for reliable recovery, especially because Golbat should not run Leftovers. Roost also nullifies Golbat's weakness to Electric-, Rock-, and Ice-type moves for a turn, but watch out for Earthquake! Because Golbat is pretty fast, especially with a little investment, it can shut down many walls with Taunt, which can force some switches. Golbat could also use U-turn to keep switch advantage, despite the pitiful damage it deals to opposing Pokemon. Next, Super Fang is a great move that no Pokemon wants to switch into, particularly Steel-type or Rock-type counters, and Golbat can use it well. Should you want more consistent damage, however, Toxic can do better at breaking through walls in the long run. If you use Toxic Spikes anywhere on your team, it's better to use Super Fang. Remember, if you're looking for something offensive, Braviary and Swellow are generally better picks.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EV spread above provides some physical bulk and allows Golbat to outspeed 70 base Speed base 70 Speed Pokemon such as Ludicolo, Jolly nature Torterra, and Timid nature Gorebyss. If these Pokemon do not concern you, you can also use the spread 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD, This spread also which allows Golbat to take physical hits even better. You could invest in more Special Defense; however, most of Golbat's weaknesses generally consist of special moves, which it would never want to take. In regards to team support, Golbat benefits greatly from the Rapid Spin support of Pokemon such as Torkoal, Wartortle, and Armaldo. Golbat also likes being paired with Dark-types like such as Absol and Normal-types such as Audino, Lickilicky, Kangaskhan, or and Cinccino, due to Golbat's 4x resistance to Fighting- and Bug-type attacks. Specially defensive Audino or and specially defensive Lickilicky create have great synergy with physically defensive Golbat, as they create a good defensive core. Also Lastly, Golbat has great synergy with Piloswine, as Piloswine can hit Golbat's checks, such as Ampharos and Electabuzz, while Golbat can take on Fighting-types that threaten Piloswine.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>For other options, Golbat has a few other moves it can use. Haze is a decent move to remove stat boosts, and with Golbat's Speed, it could run it effectively. Golbat could also run Whirlwind to phaze out a dangerous threat or something setting up. With Hypnosis, Golbat could become a sleep inducer (no space), but the accuracy is a bit of a turn off. However, if Hypnosis does hit, an opponent's Pokemon is likely crippled for the match. To provide more team support, Golbat could also use Tailwind to speed up your team for three turns. Golbat could also use the ability Infiltrator, but it doesn't have much use, and Inner Focus allows Golbat to take a Fake Out without flinching. As for boosting moves, Golbat has access to Curse and Nasty Plot, but neither are good for Golbat. Golbat's Special Attack is still low even after a Nasty Plot and it usually doesn't want to lower its Speed with Curse.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Golbat is actually quite difficult to take on in NU, as it can hurt many major threats that lack Without Prankster or Taunt, Golbat can hurt many major threats. Only Ghost-types like switching into Super Fang, so switching into a bulky or faster one will keep Golbat in check. Haunter is a good check because of its Speed and access to hard-hitting special moves, but it must watch out for Brave Bird. Drifblim is a great check to Golbat, as it can take both Super Fang and Brave Bird, while it can send a burn back with Will-O-Wisp. Golurk also can be a decent check; it is immune to Super Fang, takes little damage from Brave Bird, and Stone Edge variants can hit Golbat hard with Stone Edge if it carries it. paragraph break here maybe Despite possible Super Fang damage, any fast special attacker can hit Golbat before it can Roost to negate some of its weaknesses. Generally, Psychic-, Electric-, and Ice-types counter Golbat the best. Both Rotom-S and Rotom-F can counter Golbat, taking as both take pitiful damage from Brave Bird and forcing force it to switch. Psychic-types, namely Gardevoir, Kadabra, and Duosion, can really hurt Golbat because it cannot remove its Psychic-type weakness with Roost. Duosion is immune to Toxic, thanks to Magic Guard, has Recover to counter Super Fang, and can KO Golbat with Psychic. Electric- and Ice-types such as Raichu, Ampharos, Electabuzz, Regice, and Articuno outspeed Golbat and can KO it with their respective STAB attacks. Piloswine also is effective because it is can use a STAB Ice-type attack or use Earthquake when Golbat uses Roost. Finally, Golbat lacks Leftovers, so any form of residual damage is recommended. Stealth Rock will chip off 25% of its health on a switch and Will-O-Wisp will lessen Golbat's playing time.</p>
[gp]2/2[/gp]

thanks for the check.

I think this is complete? If anyone else has any comments, let me know now and I'll edit things.

Otherwise this is ready for upload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)