Golem

gigalith outclasses golem in pretty much everything and he is way cooler anyway. But if you wanna run golem you can its all about if you wanna rock polish sweep or not.
Golem is a good amount faster, before Rock Polish. Golem gets Ground STAB. Golem gets Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Steamroller/Fury Cutter, Iron Head/Gyro Ball over Heavy Slam, Fling, and plenty of Fighting moves better than Rock Smash for coverage. It also has Sucker Punch for priority

I like Golem more than Gigalith but Rhyperior almost completely outclasses Golem. If only Golem learned Head Smash to make use of Rock Head...

with that tiny little head, i couldn't even imagine it head smashing. aggron? yeah. rampardos? yeah. doesn't explain why aerodactyl doesn't have it but... oh well.
Head Smash Archeops doesn't make much sense to me

Of course Golem's stab combo is better offensively then Gigalith, with only Virizion, Breloom, Torterra, Bronzor/Bronzong, Baltoy/Claydol and any other Rock or Steel types with Levitate resisting it. Of course, Rhyperior is infinitely better.

I thought that rhyperior was going into ru.....
Anyways, golem looks like it could have a gimmicky moveset with explosion, edge-quake, stealth rock, and cutsap berry.

I will not deny that he is outclassed, but at least he gets Sucker Punch, which is something Gigalith misses out on. He can finish off a Pokemon weakened or with a Sash.

Poor Golem. I like him, he's a cool dude, but he was always the crappier Rhydon (and then Rhyperior) that learned Explosion...and yet they managed to nerf that attribute and give him even more competition in Gigalith. He's a sad, sad boulder.
i couldnt agree anymore he is the sadest rock on eart

Golem actually has a tier where it can rock (bad joke is bad) a good amount of pokemon. RU doesn't have that many rock types besides rhydon, aggron and archeops. Archeops is barely used, aggron gets take down easily by earthquake, and rhydon doesn't hit as hard as golem. My golem has taken out the top tier threats like alakazam and sharpedo. That's pretty impressive for a boulder dwelling lizard. Plus he's my fav pokemon so ya, I like this the RU tier. Gives golem a niche.

Golem actually has a tier where it can rock (bad joke is bad) a good amount of pokemon. RU doesn't have that many rock types besides rhydon, aggron and archeops. Archeops is barely used, aggron gets take down easily by earthquake, and rhydon doesn't hit as hard as golem. My golem has taken out the top tier threats like alakazam and sharpedo. That's pretty impressive for a boulder dwelling lizard. Plus he's my fav pokemon so ya, I like this the RU tier. Gives golem a niche.
How can Rhydon "not hit as hard" when he has 130 Base Attack and the same STAB moves as Golem (who has 110 Base Attack)?

I agree completely with PokeMontage, poor Golem :(

Any role it could possibly fill is done better by other stuff. Eviolite Rhydon and Rhyperior mostly, but the fact that Gigalith came into the picture, along with Explosion's nerf, means that Golem got kicked in the balls this gen.

Use it for nostalgia purposes only. Meanwhile, I'll be using Gigalith :P

Poor Golem. I like him, he's a cool dude, but he was always the crappier Rhydon (and then Rhyperior) that learned Explosion...and yet they managed to nerf that attribute and give him even more competition in Gigalith. He's a sad, sad boulder.

i couldnt agree anymore he is the sadest rock on eart

Anyway, Explosion was Golem's niche and GF nerfed it :<, sub-Explosion was cool to lure things in UU last gen, now it is just Rhydon's little brother

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)