Golurk

this is what my current golurk looks like in case anyone's intrested.
Golurk@ leftovers
Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpA)
Evs:252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 def
Shadow Punch
Earthquake
Hammer Arm
Rock Slide.

Leftovers is temporal as i don't know what item to give it, I could give it a life orb, but the team i intend to use it on already has two life orb users.

I also don't feel certain about Shadow Punch either, Rock Slide might seem bad, but a friend of mine talked me into it using it over Stone Edge, as he says Stone Edge is worthless due to it's low accuracy.
But with no guard you can use that and d punch

Subpunch is easily its best set with focuspunch/shadowpunch/sub/filler(even icebeam with no evs and a brave nature is very appealing) I actually took out 4 pokes from a rain team with this guy. Also , using sub on the turn they switch to gengar( wich happened quite a few times , dont know what they are thinking :)) and then killing it without is has done a thing is priceless. If u have a team takes cary of his weaknesses( ghost , dark ,grass , ice , water LOL nattorei can take all those attacks) with just being there , its worth a spot , as he takes a lot of weaknesses away due to his own typing. The speed is an issue tough , maybe a trickroom team with nattorei/golurk as a offensive presence?:)

Leftovers is temporal as i don't know what item to give it, I could give it a life orb, but the team i intend to use it on already has two life orb users.
Temporal means relating to time. I think you meant Temporary. [/GrammerNazi]

@True: It's likely that the reason they switched to Gengar was they were expecting a EQ they could levitate over.

That would be useful if No Guard Golurk (or any of the fifth gen dreamworld abilities bar Zen Mode Darmanitan and Telepathy Musharna) was released...
My bad. I always play DW OU so I often get confused on what is and isn't released. So how about when it is released ?

Temporal means relating to time. I think you meant Temporary. [/GrammerNazi].
temporary is right.

I just don't know, the sub punch set looks good but i couldn't even knock out a milotic with Focus Punch at full health...maybe i was expecting too much of it with iron fist and 383 atk it's hard to see anything withstand a focus punch that isn't a ghost type.

I guess I could give the Sub Punch set another shot, but if it doesn't work then what should i do with the set I currently have?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
eh, you're better off with something else as steel is a shit attacking type when you get edgequake, focus punch, ghost STAB, etc.

temporary is right.

I just don't know, the sub punch set looks good but i couldn't even knock out a milotic with Focus Punch at full health...maybe i was expecting too much of it with iron fist and 383 atk it's hard to see anything withstand a focus punch that isn't a ghost type.

I guess I could give the Sub Punch set another shot, but if it doesn't work then what should i do with the set I currently have?
I think you were expecting too much, and I try to use Golurk with Spikes support since he forces switches and loves having those walls weakened. About how much did it do to the Milotic though?

Changes for yours... Rock Slide -> Stone Edge, 4 Def -> 4 Spe and you have my preferred Choice Band set! The damage output that Stone Edge gives is worth it IMO.

I think you were expecting too much, and I try to use Golurk with Spikes support since he forces switches and loves having those walls weakened. About how much did it do to the Milotic though?

Changes for yours... Rock Slide -> Stone Edge, 4 Def -> 4 Spe and you have my preferred Choice Band set! The damage output that Stone Edge gives is worth it IMO.
thank you tenodera, I just need to remember to stay away from whimsicott...or else it'll be a thirty minute stalefest.

yeah but this thing with its crappy speed and hammer arm can hit a lot of things neutrally but with great power
There is still nothing in this metagame you want to hit with Gyro Ball, at least nothing you can't hit with other moves harder. The speed peaks Starmie, Thundurus, hell Excadrill, all resist Gyro Ball. Better stick on the other ones.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I'm so sad that all these people caught on to Golurk and his sexy sexiness. Now I can't use him in RU D:

tehy

Banned deucer.
Gyro ball could be useful for balloon double dance terakion, just to put it out there. I'm not really sure if you need it, considering golurk beasts him pretty hard, but it's a point.

The problem with Gyro Ball is that the only two types it's SE against (rock and ice) also happen to be weak to fighting so it's completely redundant with Hammer Arm.
The only exception is Froslass but you have Shadow Punch for her which is still SE, gets STAB and bypasses Snow Cloak.
but AS I SAID, it hits a lot of things neutrally with insane power after one or two hammer arms.

Gyro Ball's max power is 150 right? That's the same as STAB Earthquake, less than Iron Fist Focus Punch, and Iron Fist Hammer Arm has 130 bp. Nearly all of Gyro Ball's targets are demolished by one of those moves or super-effective Stone Edge with 50 extra power. It's really not worth Golurk's moveslot.

Trick Room Golurk has the problem of being another Ghost/Dark weak though..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)