Good cheap router for the 3ds?

So like the title says I'm in need of a new router. I've been using a netgear router for the last two or three years and never really liked it. It might just be me since I'm a non technical person but I found it quite difficult to set up and it's prone to losing connection but worst of all was the customer support or rather the lack of it. I'm currently considering getting either a belkin or a linkseys router but I'm open to other suggestions. According to what I've read belkin is cheap, quick to set up 3-5 mins apparently and provides life long free customer service. Linkseys also seems to be good for general internet connectivity however reviews tend to vary. Here's a quick run down of what I want from my next router:

-cheap
-easy to set up
-must be able to connect to both apple and windows products
-Good customer service -free lifelong customer service is obviously a huge bonus because I'm not technically minded at all
-must be able to work with the 3ds (I don't have an Xbox, playstation or anything like that)

So what do you guys think? Belkin, Linkseys or neither?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I've been happy enough with my Belkin, can't really say much more than that since I'm surely no networking expert. I've nothing to say of the customer support since I haven't had any problems with it and it's easy to setup with the instructions and/or a little online searching.

I think Nintendo has a thing on their website that will tell you whether a particular model will support (3)DS Wi-Fi play, and if you're lucky a random customer's review might tell you as well if you're comparing/shopping online. I assume these days most any router will work with it though.

I've been happy enough with my Belkin, can't really say much more than that since I'm surely no networking expert. I've nothing to say of the customer support since I haven't had any problems with it and it's easy to setup with the instructions and/or a little online searching.

I think Nintendo has a thing on their website that will tell you whether a particular model will support (3)DS Wi-Fi play, and if you're lucky a random customer's review might tell you as well if you're comparing/shopping online. I assume these days most any router will work with it though.
Thanks. I went ahead and got a belkin router -unfortunately it's not listed on the nintendo website but it should still be compatible. I hope to have it up and running by tonight once I get home from school.

This is my first time choosing and setting up a router so I'm hoping that everything will go smoothly.

Edit: the store lost the router (literally) and I ended up getting a d-link instead. It took longer than I would have liked to have it set up but my 3ds etc is currently connected to the internet.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)