Good Old Fashioned Good Stuffs

I have never liked weather. Or trick room. The simple fact is, I don't like the pokemon normally found on such teams. While I originally built my teams off of my top favorites, (Volcarona, Scizor, Metagross core anyone?), I found that using my favorites is not a viable strategy. As my play style evolved, I eventually switched to pokemon I enjoy USING rather than just liking. I shifted it around, and found a balanced team that is fun to play with, and wins over half the time.(24/26) I am currently 1563 on the OU ladder.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Toxic
Tornadus is an excellent pivot on my team. His fast U-turns and ground immunity are extremely helpful on such a fairly fragile team. The physical set takes opponents by surprise, and acrobatics does massive damage to any pokemon, but especially the fighting types (I HATE CONKLEDUR!) that plague my team. While those are the main two moves he uses, superpower adds coverage, and Toxic is for bulky psychics.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
Starmie loves switching on bulky waters and jolting sense into them. She also enjoys crushing heatran, and revenging dragons. She is also bulky enough to switch into must resisted attacks. And with her BoltBeam coverage, she is redundant with genesect, so if they take one out, they still have to deal with the other, usually at full health. She is also useful to absorb status.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Mild Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
I love bug types. I had to have at least one on my team, and what bug better than genesect? Aside from being the coolest legendary in the game (Come on, its a PURPLE PREHISTORIC GIANT CYBORG BUG WITH A CANNON!), he is mainly used as a lead and revenge killer. With his awesome U-turning pivot, and his great coverage, he is a reliable check to much of the metagame.

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Low Sweep
I used Breloom before it was cool. While his subpunch set is awesome, technician changes Breloom from an undefeatable force of annoyingness, to a mighty killer, capable of crushing all in its path. Mach punch is awesome, epic revenger, etc... Bullet seed demolishes bulky waters, Spore is a free shut down button, but Low sweep is his specialty. With low sweep, once he scares out the fighting weak stuff, low sweep makes up for his lower speed, and is REALLY powerful. And it really helps with the sporing.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Pulse
At a glance, my teams looks a bit fire weak. Heatran deals with that nicely. He not only stops fire, but is a perfect Heatran counter. Most Heatran I encounter don't have air balloon, allowing mine to switch in and get them. And, seeing as he forces lots of switchs, he can set up stealth rock. He would also be great at dispatching Kyurem-B... If I ever faced one. I have only encountered ONE. You would think the lower ladder would be full of them. I mean, i have encountered several Electivire!

Terrakion @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
Terrakion don't care. It can be a bit of a pain to get him in, but once he is in, he crushes everything in his path. Priority can be a pain, and he can only rarely keep up a boost, but who cares. CC and SE are really all he needs to crush everything.

So what do you think? Any tips on how to improve my team any?

Interesting team. Physical T-T can really catch opponents off guard.

Four suggestions:

Change Toxic to Sleep Talk on Tornadus-T. If opposing Breloom with Low Sweep get a free turn they can savage your team with a little prior damage.

Change Dragon Pulse to HP Ice on Heatran. With all the quad ice weak pokes running around (Gliscor, DNite, Salamence, Garchomp, Landorus etc) it will get you better mileage than DP.

Change Terrakion to the standard Choice Scarf set. Expert Belt really isn't doing anything for it and if Heatrans' Balloon has been popped +1 HP Ground Volcarona destroys your team. Scarfing Terra allows you to revenge Volc and other +1 threats like Salamence who outspeed Gene.

Finally, change Ice Beam to Rapid Spin on Starmie. You already have sufficient dragon coverage and with the amount of switching you do Rapid Spin would serve you better by removing entry hazard damage which would quickly rack-up otherwise.

Hope this helps

Hey!

Nice weatherless team you've got here, so I only have some minor suggestions.

First, I think you should change Tornadus-t's moves. Why not use Hurricane / Heat Wave / Superpower / U-turn? While Hurricane's accuracy might be less than ideal, Rain is omnipresent, so in a majority of matches Tornadus-t won't mind. Heat Wave is great for Steel types like Jirachi that try to wall Tornadus-t. U-turn and Superpower are pretty self evident coverage and switching moves. This Tornadus-t will be a much better wall breaker than your current set.

Second, I want you to try Swords Dance instead of Low Sweep on Breloom. Breloom is a much better sweeper and wall breaker with Swords Dance, in my opinion. Low Sweep wont help you beat the faster Pokemon that Breloom is able to beat with Mach Punch at +2. To me, Swords Dance's uses far surpass Low Sweep.

Third, try Sub SD Salac Terrakion. Expert Belt isn't going to help because Terrakion kills everything that's weak to Stone Edge and Close Combat anyway. Sub Salac SD will give you a much bigger threat for almost all your matches. When your primary wall breakers are done doing their job, Terrakion can set up and sweep a weakened team with ease. Right now, your Terrakion doesn't have that late game sweeping ability.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)