1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Good Vibrations [Peaked #1]

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Nas, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Nas

Nas real
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    1st run
    1 HEA-RT-LESS 2028 89.0 2046 ± 54 (provisional) 112 9 0
    2nd run
    1 HEA-RT-LESS 2029 90.1 2077 ± 60 (provisional) 180 14 0​

Welcome. This is a UU team I’ve used a good amount since the BW2 metagame started. I hit #1 with this team shortly after ST Gothitelle was released, but Showdown decided to drop all the rankings into the 1800 range the day after I peaked, so I decided to see if I could hit #1 a second time. (Which I did) This team is just bulky offense with no particular goal (apart from winning) and it utilizes a lot of hard hitting, bulky pokemon. (Hence: Bulky Offense) As far as team building goes, I wanted to test out Scrafty and Moxie Heracross, and since everyone was hyping SR Nidoking I decided to try that out but found Nidoqueen to be much better. The rest just fell into place after a period of trial and error, and the result is what you see before you. I figured I’d RMT and retire it on a high note, so without further ado, here is my team…

[​IMG]
    Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 88 HP / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast
    - Ice Beam

Nidoqueen is one of those Pokémon that got a whole lot better with the transition to BW2. On this team, it functions as an offensive SR setter and a solid Heracross/Mienshao check. Even now, some people still don’t expect Nidoqueen to be running an offensive set, which usually lets it net a few surprise KO’s. The advantages of using it over Nidoking aren’t limited to its surprise factor, however. The extra bulk is very helpful in taking hits from the various Fighting-types in the tier, and also lets it check Zapdos and Raikou more effectively. In my experience, the drop in speed is hardly noticeable. The 168 Speed EVs gives it a stat of 230, which is enough to outrun Modest Gothitelle and all relevant walls that can tank a hit from Nidoqueen. Stealth Rock and Earth Power are self-explanatory; Fire Blast is useful for crippling Bronzong and ensuring I can OHKO Heracross in a pinch, while Ice Beam nails Flying-types and easily dispatches Flygon if it tries to switch in.

[​IMG]
    Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Tri Attack
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover

Porygon2 handles so many large threats in this metagame, and it does so while maintaining a strong offensive presence, making it perfect for a team like this. Trace is probably one of the most useful abilities in the game, at least where UU is involved. Chandelure is still a huge threat, especially since my team lacks Fire resistances, and P2 shuts it down unless it’s using Flame Body for some reason. Porygon2 and Cofagrigus have awesome synergy together, and the two form the team’s defensive core.

[​IMG]
    Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
    Trait: Mummy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Quiet Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Trick Room

Cofagrigus is probably the MVP in 90% of my games. I absolutely love this thing, it’s a shame it doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. It stops Heracross and Mienshao in their tracks, and is probably one of the most threatening sweepers in the tier right now. Mummy is an awesome ability which people don’t seem to realize, since a lot of physical pokes rely on their abilities to be effective. Azumarill without Huge Power, Heracross without Moxie (or a Burned Heracross without Guts) Sharpedo without Speed Boost, are just a few examples. Even if Cofagrigus is too weak to wall something late-game, it can still strip that Pokémon of its ability and possibly save you from being swept.

[​IMG]
    Scrafty @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shed Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Crunch
    - Rest

Because every team needs a Scald absorber, lol. Scrafty is a fairly good special sponge and status absorber, which this team needed. It’s a great help in dealing with strong special attackers like Raikou and the Nidos. My only qualm with it is that it’s ridiculously weak until it gets at least 2 Bulk Ups in. However, it’s a pain in the ass for stall to face and it’s hard to stop if it gets a couple boosts in.

[​IMG]
    Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Substitute
    - Roost

SubRoost Zapdos is a forgotten threat, usually passed up in favor of offensive variants. Its purpose on this team is mainly to eat Grass attacks, and stall its way to victory. In addition, it provides me with a third Heracross check. (You really do need 3) Even without any Special Attack investment, Zapdos still hits pretty hard, so Toxic-stalling is rather unnecessary. That, and Roserade and Nidoking are everywhere. Due to the very low amount of actual Zapdos counters available, most players will try to sacrifice something to Toxic Zapdos. (Usually Bronzong or Hitmontop) When you Substitute instead, they will panic and probably lose 2-3 Pokémon in the process.

[​IMG]
    Heracross @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Megahorn
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit

Finally we have Moxie Heracross, the late-game cleaner and revenge-killer of the team. Even with everyone over preparing for it, it hasn’t lost any effectiveness. Moxie sets it apart from other scarfers because it means using death-fodder is pointless, as is sacrificing something with Intimidate, like Shitmontop. The moveset is pretty standard except for Pursuit, which is mainly there because it gets a kill every now and then, and using Earthquake on Heracross goes against my moral code. Usually I don’t introduce Heracross until late-game, when it’s counters are gone or weakened, to ensure it’s healthy enough to sweep and not be revenged by something like Fake Out Mienshao.

Weaknesses:

• Darmanitan
    • Victini

Importable:

Show Hide
    Magikarp (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Rattled
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Bounce
    - Flail
    - Splash
    - Tackle

Probopass (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magnet Pull
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Magnet Rise
    - Block
    - Gravity
    - Flash Cannon

Lickitung (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Oblivious
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Lick

Kakuna (M) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Shed Skin
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Bug Bite
    - Harden
    - Electroweb
    - String Shot

Happiny (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Drain Punch
    - Facade
    - Rollout

Seaking (F) @ Wave Incense
    Trait: Lightningrod
    EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Megahorn

Take a Bow, Gents:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. DestinyUnknown

DestinyUnknown
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus

Cool team RT., it seems very solid and it has very few weaknesses. While the Victini and Darmanitan problem looks a bit difficult to fix, I think that the easiest way to do it would be using Rhyperior instead of Nidoqueen. While Rhyperior isn't as good offensively as Nidoqueen due to it's lower speed, it can still hit most pokemon in the tier hard, being a reliable Stealth Rock settler, and it's better than Nidoqueen at checking Electric-type pokemon like Raikou or Zapdos, while also having the ability to switch in on Fire-type attackers like Darmanitan or Victini. Being a better check to Raikou is especially important, as Raikou can get past Nidoqueen without much trouble, and unlike Zapdos, it isn't walled by Porygon2. Set:

Rhyperior@Leftovers | Solid Rock
    Adamant Nature | 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SDef
    Rock Blast / Earthquake / Stealth Rock / Roar

GL!
  3. kokoloko

kokoloko yes, this is dog.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

Yeah, a cool team with a massive weakness to Fire-types is always legit.

I guess since Goth got banned I can make a suggestion. In addition to what DU said ( except don't run Ice Punch on Perior, it does like nothing), you can also from Porygon2 to Curse 3 Attacks Snorlax, which gives you an additonal Fire-type check and still shuts down Chandelure (fuck Chandelure). You might need Porugon2 for shit like Sharpedo, though, so idk.

Fuck Chandelure.
  4. Aecor

Aecor

Weak to SubCM Raikou.

I have a video of us playing and my narrowly winning because you were unprepared for a SubCM Raikou.
  5. Someoneelse

Someoneelse Why am I here?

There is a huge fire weakness. Nidoqueen does not need to outspeed modest Gothitelle anymore. Finally, on your importable you need a hoppip (anyone who hasn't read the importable read it now)(that was the real reason I posted)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)