Goodstuffs or Badstuffs?

This is the first team I have made for the VGC 2011.

The purpose of this team is to be Goodstuffs-Tailwind; take out Trick Room/Tailwind, and set up my own Tailwind

Please give advice for my team because it is not good

Archeops (F) @ Flight Gem
Trait: Defeatist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Rock Slide
- Quick Attack
- Protect

Basic VGC Archeops. Max Speed to outrun other pokemon and speed tie other Archeops. Max Attack to hit hard.
Acrobatics for strong STAB, and can OHKO most Terrakions
Rock Slide for Flying-Weak Pokemon
Quick Attack for Priority and Finishing off weak pokemon

Mienshao (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Inner Focus
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
- Wide Guard

WHOA! It's a Feint Mienshao! Feint is really great move. It allows Mienshao to bypass any protect, and allows Archeops to hit the pokemon with protect with Rock Slide/Acrobatics, usually KOing it. Also, Feint has +2 Priority, so it can finish off any weak pokemon.
Fake Out to prevent stall so Archeops can hit either that pokemon or the other pokemon with its strong attack
Drain Punch for STAB, plus recovery
Wide Guard to protect Archeops from Water Spouts and Rock Slide (sometimes Surf)
Max Attack to hit hard, Max Speed to speed tie other Mienshao, and other slow pokemon

EDIT: Removed Feint for Rock Slide. Feint was too situational to use, and Rock Slide allows Mienshao to hit the Genies and Chandelure for super effective

Jellicent (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 156 HP / 172 SAtk / 172 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Water Spout
- Trick Room
- Protect

Weird EV spread and nature is weird. This EV spread allows this Jellicent to take hits from other Jellicents and 2HKO it back with Shadow Ball (I'll get calcs later to prove it). 12 Spd evs to outspeed other Jellicents with 4 Spd evs
Shadow Ball for strong STAB, and hits Ghost-Weak pokemon hard
Surf for Strong Stab, and to hit to pokemon at once. No Water Spout because Jellicent is going to take hits before moving.
Ice Beam for those pesky Flying- and Dragon-Types.

EDIT: Calcs:

126 Atk vs 126 Def & 207 HP (80 Base Power): 120 - 144 (57.97% - 69.57%)

My Jellicent vs. 252 Hp / 4 SDef SAtk+ Jellicent

2HKO

150 Atk vs 161 Def & 195 HP (80 Base Power): 84 - 102 (43.08% - 52.31%)

252 SAtk +SPatk Jellicent vs. My Jellicent

It has only a 3.29% to 2HKO my Jellicent, which is rare

Also, I might run Expert Belt instead of Life Orb on Jellicent. This is to prevent Jellicent from falling fainting due to LO Recoil, and to prevent Jellicent from doing too much damage on Hydreigon/Whimsicott.

126 Atk vs 126 Def & 207 HP (80 Base Power): 110 - 132 (53.14% - 63.77%)

My Jellicent with Expert Belt vs. 252 Hp / 4 SDef SAtk+ Jellicent

EDIT: Removed Ice Beam for Trick Room and Water Spout for damage, and opposing trick room teams

Hydreigon (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
- Flamethrower

Scarf Hydreigon? Yes, it is scarfed. The scarf, along with Max Speed and Timid nature allows Hydreigon to outspeed a lot of threats, and Revenge Kill with Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse.
Draco Meteor = Strong STAB for Hit and Run
Dragon Pulse = STAB, usually to finish off weak enemies, or if I have to have Hydreigon stay out in battle
Dark Pulse for pesky Ghost and Psychic Types. Plus, it's STAB
Flamethrower for Amoongus, and Steel-Types
EVs are simple, max speed and max Sp.Attk for fast and strong damage

I cannot decide between Dark Pulse or Surf. I hardly use Surf and Dark Pulse (as well as Flamethrower too). Surf allows my Jellicent to recover HP, but Dark Pulse hits Ghosts and Psychics

EDIT: I changed Choice Scarf to Chople berry so Hydreigon can take hits from fighting attacks, and fire off one of its amazing moves. Dark Pulse over Dragon Pulse so I can hit Ghost and Psychics, and Surf is to heal Jellicent, while hitting Ground and Rock.

Whimsicott (F) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Tailwind
- Safeguard
- Encore
- Grass Knot

WAT. This is another odd set. Max Sp.Attk instead of Max Hp because Whimsicott is going to get sashed anyways, max Speed for speed tying other Whimiscotts.
Tailwind is to boost my team's speed by +2, plus it's useful to outrun the enemy
Grass Knot for (usually) a 100bp STAB move.
Safeguard? Since this team is Amoongus weak, I needed something to prevent my team from getting Spore'd. Hence, I have Safeguard on this team. It allows my team to survive the Spore, as well as prevent move hax (Heat Wave burns...).
Swagger is a fun hax move. If I get lucky, my opponents will attack themselves for high amounts of damage (espically on Special Sweepers). Not only I can do that, with Safeguard up, I can Swagger my own team, boosting my other pokemon's attack by +2.

There is no taunt on Whimsicott because on Mental Herb, and no encore because somehow, I usually lose all speed ties with opposing Whimsicott's encore, forcing me to Tailwind or keep Safeguarding

EDIT: Switched Items because Mienshao needed the Focus Sash, and Mental Herb allows my Whimsicott to use two status moves, and Encore over Swagger because it makes my opponent lock into Protect and Trick Room.

ADDED:

Terrakion @ Life Orb Trait: Justified
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Classic Offensive Jolly Life Orb Terrakion, except Quick Guard over Quick Attack. Max Attack for strong damage, and max speed to outspeed
Close Combat so Terrakion can OHKO Hydreigon with Chople
Rock Slide is strong stab for flying and fire types
Protect is for stallin, scouting, and making sure that Tailwind can set up
Quick Guard is to prevent any priority attacks, especially Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, and Sucker Punch
I used Terrakion instead of Landorus because Terrakion does major damage, and Landorus really can't do much with unboosted Rock Slide

Removed:

Landorus (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 HP / 248 Atk / 52 Def / 204 Spd
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Looks normal, but weird EVs. Max attack for high damage. 204 spd evs allows my Landorus to hit 161 speed, which allows it to outspeed 4 speed investment Jellicent in Tailwind, as well as outspeed max-speed Hydreigon and other Landorus
Earthquake for STAB
Rock Slide for Flying-Weak pokemon
Hammer Arm is for annoying Dark-Types.

NOTE: I do not always lead with Archeops and Mienshao. I sometimes adjust my lead to what my opponent's team.

Threats

Mental Herb Trick Roomers, espically Cofagrigus
Physical Samurott

I like the safeguard on your whimsicott. Nice set up to swagger your own pokemon for good atk increase. Overall a good team, I would suggest removing either draco meteor, or dragon pulse to keep room for surf, dark pulse, and flamethrower. I'm not sure if normal gem on mienshao is worth it, you could use something better I'm sure. If everytime you have the oppurtunity to use fake out, your opponent/ target protects, then its a waste of an item, idk though. Expert belt is a good idea for jellicent. You might also want to consider using either of these movesets on landorus: earthquake, explosion, hammer arm, protect or: earthquake, outrage, hammer arm protect. Just an idea. Nice team though, good luck in the vgc!

Since you dont have any full out defencive pokes i would make jelli a lot more defencive with a standard set of

Jellicent@ leftovers
252hp 160def 80def 12spA
Water absorb/cursed body
water spout/hex/recover/will-o-wisp

this can stall pokemon out and allows your pokemon like hydreigon that dont like a strong physical attack to survive longer because of burn dopping their health.
instead of swagger on whismicott i would have leech seed as it gets prioritised because of prankster and it can make your team survive longer but if you want to give landorus the attack boost get rid of GK for leech seed. I wouldnt have dragon pulse on hydrei as once youve killed something with DM they will send out a counter so you can then swap reseting your stats. If you get rid of dragon pulse then you can have both surf and dark pulse.

I don't think that Rock Slide should be replaced due to Rock Slide hitting the other Genies for Super-Effective, as well as the Rock/Ground type Coverage combo not really being resisted. However, Explosion/Outrage might be an option over Hammer Arm.

About the Jellicent set, what does the evs accomplish?
Also, I prefer Swagger over Leech Seed because when Swagger allows for +2 Attk & Confusion, which is pretty useful to use on Special Attacks such as Thundurus or Reuniclus, causing them to 50% to hit themselves, as well as let my other pokemon hit them for the KO. However, I will try Leech Seed

Also, I think that I will remove Dragon Pulse for Surf, however, the problem with this is that Hydreigon is mostly used at late game, so it can outspeed non-tailwind team pokemon and revenge them. If I have Draco Meteor as my only Dragon STAB, Hydreigon's Sp.Attk will keep dropping, but if I used Dragon Pulse, Hydreigon will have a constant +0 Sp.Attk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)