Gen 3 got back into NB. RMT?

i've been playing nb again for awhile, and this team has brought to me quite a bit of sucess. however, i think it can be still be improved though.

Regice @ Leftovers ** Icewhat
Trait: Clear Body

EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 140 SAtk / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Psych Up
~ Rest

a lot of my pokemon would fit in the first slot, but regice fends off the jolteon and zapdos.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers ** Circa
Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Punch
~ Hypnosis
~ Destiny Bond

hmmm, max s-atk hurts a lot of stuff on the switch in, namely zapdos and celebi. and if things work out correctly, this will take out at least two pokemon.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers ** Zeliox
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 204 HP / 244 Def / 56 SAtk / 4 Spd
Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
~ Hydro Pump

~ Ice Beam
~ Earthquake
~ Protect

bulky water. lots of defense on this guy. not really much to say here.

Zapdos @ Leftovers ** Neptune
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk

this guy takes status moves.

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers ** Xahlior
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spd
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
~ Spikes
~ Drill Peck

~ Toxic
~ Roar

standard skarm with toxic instead of rest/substitute for the random waters and electrics that switch in.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers ** Episodes
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Atk / 16 Spd
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
~ Hidden Power Bug
~ Rock Slide
~ Focus Punch
~ Substitute

the sweeper for this team. max atk focus punches hurt swampert.

at the moment, things that i have had trouble dealing with are fire type sweepers, and calm mind passing teams.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
You should be safe vs CM Passing teams with Regice...
I also fail to see how you're weak to 'fire type sweepers' since a core of Zapdos, Swampert and Tyranitar should handle them with ease. If you're still worried, use Light Screen Dos, but I don't think that's even needed.

Consider using Taunt on Skarmory as right now it's the only poke where Skarm/Forry can freely set up spikes, because if the opponent does set up spikes, it'll annoy the fuck out of you.

Anyway, very standard team.
I would watch out for Mop Cross + Magneton.
Other then that, only weak I can see is Mix TTar/Mence with Brick Break/Rock Slide/Fire Blast/HP Grass.

Something else to note is that if Swampert is taken out by a surprise HP Grass on the switch, or some Explosion, you're VERY weak to Tyranitar.

regice doesn't really help much if celebi gets the pass off to mixgross. and of course i'm weak to tyranitar if my counter's gone. =/

i did consider jumpskarm at some point. never really tried it on this team though.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Thing is, if I have say, a DD Tyranitar, the first thing I'll try to do is kill Swampert no matter how.
What I'm trying to say is that Tyranitar is a pokemon that having only one counter for is asking for trouble. You really need a backup, trying to fit a Claydol in there wouldnt hurt.

I don't agree with leading with Regice since I prefer to hold things like that back for later so I can make a timely switch and not have to worry about my opponent using Focus Punch right away since they won't know what's coming.

This team is pretty standard and pretty solid so there really isn't much to worry about.

As an alternative, though, you could use Substitute or Explosion and Focus Punch over Hypnosis and Destiny Bond. That would let you predict status or a switch to Tyranitar/Blissey/Regice and set up a sub or Focus Punch to either set up a later FP or hurt them a lot before they get a chance to force a switch.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Phantom, it's a nice team.

Skarmory shouldn't always switch into a CMPassing Celebi. Your Tyranitar could do that, too, and it'll usually force Celebi to switch right away with only 1 CM. Put up a sub while it BPs and dent whatever that comes in (most likely a Water or a Metagross) when they are breaking the substitute. Switch to Regice or Zapdos (watch out for Ice Beam) against waters and Zapdos against Metagross (Meta will resist Tbolts better, but just keep wearing it down). Just watch out if that CMPass Celebi Magneton + Dugtrio. In that case, switch to Skarmory and Tyranitar sparingly, and rely on Regice's Ice Beam / Psych Up or Gengar's Hypnosis / D-Bond.

Gengar, TTar, and Regice more or less attract Metagross, TTar, and Heracross, so be careful. Particularly Heracross and Magneton could dent this team. Your remaining three provide considerable protection against those Sweepers, but just don't play too defensively, and instead try to inflict as much damage as you can when they switch in. A Resting Regice is especially an easy bait for any of them to get in without any injuries and start dishing heavy damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)