gotta love advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only thing that's weird to me is the "I did my best, I have no regrets!" in the banner. Might be confusing to new users who have no idea what that's referring to...
I had to google it to know what it meant (when I first saw it), and I've been playing mons since I was 5.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Probably presence at VGC events, given that if I were a VGC siteowner I'd use the same metric to measure success. The fact that they have ads means they're using their revenue to find more users. So, I don't really see what's so laughable.

(don't explain the joke to me because I understand it, it just does not tickle me)

((metaphorical tickle))
You're a smart man, Vader!
Not even that though... Nugget Bridge has a total of 5,832 posts in its entirety, when our sole VGC subforum features 41,706. That's over seven times the amount of posts that they have. It's true that our stuff extends back to 2008, but I'm pretty sure that we would still have more posts for the 2012 season. Furthermore, not all of their posts are competitive; they have about 1,000 posts in non-competitive discussion and more in other, various forums. Heck, if you only count their competitive posts, Smogon's Other Metagames subforum has more posts then them (by around 1000 posts too).

I'm not saying that they aren't gaining momentum; it looks like they're building a good, hardworking, little community. I don't really have that much against Nugget Bridge either (except for them calling us scrubs; what in the world, firestorm) but I am curious what they're basing this idea of "most active" off of. It is all very interesting, haha.
Nugget Bridge doesn't call the way Smogon does things scrubby. I do and have done so since a year or two before you joined the site. It's no secret that I don't feel that what many of your upper staff call "the most important thing that Smogon does" to be in line with standard competitive gaming philosophy.

Although I didn't base that line off post numbers, you would be correct for the 2012 season. Nugget Bridge was launched around the second last event of the season. You are very incorrect for the 2013 season.

Anyway, I diagree with the topic title. Bring back Evony and gay dating sites. Those are Smogon's true calling.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
It's what every trainer on Nugget Bridge says after you defeat them.

Also "competitive" means Nintendo's official competitive ruleset, not custom rules, and "active" refers to current activity, not past activity.

I also miss Evony and Muslim Dating.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
/me tickle ogles

You are very incorrect for the 2013 season.
I wasn't referring to the VGC 2013 season at all; just past statistics. I agree that the future is largely undecided and that NB is definitely doing some things right. Sorry for the confusion~

Not really interested in continuing this conversation because a) I have nothing at stake here and b) the future will tell what works and what doesn't. But what do I know, I guess I am just one scrubby member of a community of scrubs =/

/me tickle ogles

I wasn't referring to the VGC 2013 season at all; just past statistics. I agree that the future is largely undecided and that NB is definitely doing some things right. Sorry for the confusion~

Not really interested in continuing this conversation because a) I have nothing at stake here and b) the future will tell what works and what doesn't. But what do I know, I guess I am just one scrubby member of a community of scrubs =/
advertising on game faq forums. fantastic

so is this thread just firestorm being a cranky old hag who obviously cares a bit too much about a site he "dislikes"

this makes me happy

I think I speak for everyone when I say THANK GOODNESS Firestorm doesn't have mods anymore <_____________<

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with Phil, very weird for them to quote Synre's leaving speech in their advertisements. There's got to be a better/more inspiring message/less confusing message to send new VGC enthusiasts. Synre! jump in on my marketing class

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
you know
I probably should have googled for otter body experience in an incognito window
but still I was expecting a cute pun on out of body expirience
and I'm disappointed by some wanna be bear stupid archetype
thanks elephant
just as planned

also i actually had never noticed the 4 trainers of NB said that, i thought it was only the last one

also im thoroughly offended you called it "wanna-be bear archetype"

nuggetbridge.com: We're a group dedicated to evil using Pokemon! Want to join?

i did my best i have no regrets is what someone says after they lose :/. have us join the winning side with my slogan

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
lmfao

mostly at firestorm

but also at iconic's post

edit:

I think I speak for everyone when I say THANK GOODNESS Firestorm doesn't have mods anymore <_____________<
also can you BELIEVE macle infracted this most i mean LOL

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agreeing with Phil, very weird for them to quote Synre's leaving speech in their advertisements. There's got to be a better/more inspiring message/less confusing message to send new VGC enthusiasts. Synre! jump in on my marketing class
It's the site's slogan because that's how we want our players to behave - not like Smogon's tournaments subforum. It's also catchy and can be used as a line in many situations. That's why it's also on the heading as shown in screenshots earlier in the thread and on our t-shirts.

I would like to luvdisc iconic's post

locopoke

Banned deucer.
The Nugget Bridge spam bots are my favorite. They always find really creative ways to incorporate their advertisement into their post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)