[GP Ready 1/1] Snorlax

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

[Pros]

<ul>
<li>Snorlax's amazing base 160 HP and 110 Special Defense let Snorlax take repeated special hits with ease; it's the absolute definition of a tank.</li>
<li>Snorlax is no pushover offensively either, as it has a base 110 Attack stat and a solid physical movepool to work with.</li>
<li>The new item Assault Vest seems practically made for it given it really appreciates the extra boost and doesn't mind not being able to use support moves.</li>
<li>The general special nerf makes it easier for Snorlax to do his job, same with the weather nerf so it needs to take rain-boosted Hydro Pumps less often.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>Snorlax is incredibly slow; it will rarely outspeed anything that isn't paralyzed.</li>
<li>It's not nearly as physically bulky as it is specially bulky.</li>
<li>Assault Vest gives a great stat boon but ensures Snorlax can't recover in any way bar Wish support, meaning it gets worn down really easily.</li>
<li>Weakness to Fighting-type moves bites, even with a new type resisting it.</li>
<li>Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress can all use Snorlax as Spikes fodder.</li>
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

<p>name: Assault Vest<br />
move 1: Return / Body Slam<br />
move 2: Earthquake<br />
move 3: Pursuit<br />
move 4: Wild Charge / Crunch<br />
ability: Thick Fat<br />
item: Assault Vest<br />
evs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe<br />
nature: Adamant</p>

<p>By using an Assault Vest, Snorlax can boost its already great special bulk to astronomical levels and serve as a superb check to various threatening special attackers such as Volcarona, Mega Charizard Y, Greninja, Starmie, and Gengar. However, unlike some defensive Pokemon with similar bulk, Snorlax is no pushover offensively, using its decent physical movepool, high base 110 Attack stat, and ability to Pursuit trap to pose an immediate threat to the array of special attackers it's capable of checking, making it the better choice on more offensively leaning teams. Return is Snorlax's most powerful STAB move, doing significant damage to pretty much anything that doesn't resist it and easily 2HKOing any special attacker neutral to it that Snorlax might be being used to beat. Alternatively, Body Slam can be used over Return for its paralysis chance, but the loss of power is notable. Earthquake is Snorlax's main coverage move and is used to threaten some of the Pokemon that might try to switch in on Return, such as Tyranitar, Excadrill, Aegislash, and Mega Mawile. Pursuit gives Snorlax the ability to trap special attackers that are either frail, weakened, or weak to Dark-type moves. Outside of this, Pursuit can be used to do some nice chip damage to anything else Snorlax might force out, wearing them down. Wild Charge hits Azumarill, Togekiss, and especially Gyarados harder than any other move Snorlax possesses, and also happens to hit Skarmory harder than any other move available to Snorlax, although Snorlax is still unable to 2HKO the latter. Alternatively, Crunch is Snorlax's best weapon against Gourgeist-H and Trevenant, making it a viable option.</p>

<p> The EV spread is rather simple, maximizing Snorlax's offensive potential while also maximizing Snorlax's ability to take special hits. As mentioned before, Snorlax functions best on offensive teams that need a Pokemon that can take on the majority of special attackers without a problem while also being able to bite back. As with any other Normal-type Pokemon, Snorlax hates facing Fighting-type Pokemon, and therefore any Pokemon that can get rid of them is a good teammate. Aegislash is great at this, using its great bulk in Shield forme along with its great typing to put a stop to the majority of Fighting-type Pokemon. In return, Snorlax can take various Fire- and Ghost-type moves for Aegislash thanks to its Thick Fat ability and immunity to Ghost-type moves. Gourgeist-H is another great option for taking on Fighting-types, being immune to their STAB and having the bulk to take most coverage moves while burning them in return; Gourgeist appreciates Snorlax's resistances to Fire and Ice-type moves along with its immunity to Ghost-type moves as well. Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress are all huge pains for Snorlax to deal with, taking any hit from it easily and using it as Spikes fodder, and therefore Magnezone makes a great teammate for Snorlax, as it can trap all three of these Pokemon and KO them with Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Fire. Speaking of entry hazards, Snorlax wants as few of them as possible on the field as possible to make it easier for it to do its job, especially because Assault Vest stops Snorlax from recovering off any damage taken on its own. Therefore Rapid Spinners such as Excadrill and Starmie as well as Defog users such as Crobat, Scizor, and Mandibuzz are all good teammates for Snorlax. Lastly, Choice Band can be used over Assault Vest to give Snorlax a bit more power behind its attacks, but Snorlax really misses the ability to switch moves and the Special Defense boost provided by Assault Vest. </p>

[Checks And Counters]

<p> Bulky Steel-types such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress are all excellent counters to Snorlax, as they resist Return and can take pretty much any other coverage move easily and can either wear Snorlax down or use it as setup fodder in return. Similarly, bulky Ghost-type Pokemon such as Aegislash and Gourgeist are also great checks to Snorlax, as they're immune to Return and don't really care about any of Snorlax's coverage moves except Crunch, and Earthquake in Aegislash's case, and can cripple Snorlax with a burn. Aegislash can KO it with a super effective Sacred Sword after some prior damage. Although not resistant to return, Gliscor and Hippowdon have the sheer physical bulk to take pretty much anything from Snorlax and can either cripple it with Toxic or wear it down with repeated Earthquakes. When it comes to just breaking through Snorlax, Fighting-type Pokemon such as Lucario and Breloom are your go-to options, although most Fighting-types have to be wary of switching into multiple Returns and Earthquakes, so be sure to tread carefully when getting them onto the field. Finally, entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes wear down Snorlax really quickly and make it significantly easier to take down, and because Assault Vest prevents the use of support moves, it can't recover off any of the damage taken on its own. </p>

• Selfdestruct should be slashed in the fourth moveslot on vestlax once its possible to obtain, whenever Snorlax isn't needed it can go out with a bang and inflict pain on pretty much anything facing it when it does this.
  • Some more Fighting-types might become available and give snorlax a harder time
  • some more significant threats that Snorlax can check, such as Heatran for example will need to be mentioned
  • Fire Punch for ferrothorn and forry

Last edited:

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
This spread has the same stats as the one that's currently in the OP, but with 5 more points in Attack:

Careful
252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SpD

Could RestTalk Lax warrant an inclusion now that sleep mechanics have been fixed? I believe he has access to enough tools (Whirlwind, Thick Fat, surprisingly good physical defense, etc.) to differentiate himself from other viable special walls.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the QC Approvals guys! i'll start writing this up asap

Also Super Mario Bro i've been wondering about that a bit myself, i decided to only add assault vest for now but if QC wants me to add either of Restalk or Curse later i'll be happy to add them

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yo, I've been using Assault Vest Snorlax tonight on the ladder, and it's really really good like I can't even explain. coolest part about it is that it can actually check most ghosts in OU, which is growing harder and harder to do with only dark resisting it and normal (a pretty garbage type for OU) immune to it. but snorlax does it so incredibly well. I've actually been using a spread close to the current one for BW UU's offensive set of Adamant 252 Atk / 52 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe, except with some creep points thrown around. that spread has been fine for me, and the loss of 52 SpDef EVs is pretty much entirely unnoticeable. obviously I don't have any specific KOs it lets it live or anything, but it's worth looking into.

also I strongly recommend mentioning Wish support under partners. Clefable in particular is really cool because it has good physical bulk and resists fighting, though no Heal Bell until bank sucks. :( in return, Snorlax can nail poison-types (read: gengar) that try to fuck with clefable. it's definitely one of my favorite defensive/bulky offensive/idek what to call it cores right now.

also resttalk is definitely worth testing imo. '-'

yo, I've been using Assault Vest Snorlax tonight on the ladder, and it's really really good like I can't even explain. coolest part about it is that it can actually check most ghosts in OU, which is growing harder and harder to do with only dark resisting it and normal (a pretty garbage type for OU) immune to it. but snorlax does it so incredibly well. I've actually been using a spread close to the current one for BW UU's offensive set of Adamant 252 Atk / 52 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe, except with some creep points thrown around. that spread has been fine for me, and the loss of 52 SpDef EVs is pretty much entirely unnoticeable. obviously I don't have any specific KOs it lets it live or anything, but it's worth looking into.

also I strongly recommend mentioning Wish support under partners. Clefable in particular is really cool because it has good physical bulk and resists fighting, though no Heal Bell until bank sucks. :( in return, Snorlax can nail poison-types (read: gengar) that try to fuck with clefable. it's definitely one of my favorite defensive/bulky offensive/idek what to call it cores right now.

also resttalk is definitely worth testing imo. '-'
What are the Speed EVs for? Who does it help "outrun"?

The extra 4 EVs let Snorlax outrun uninvested Slowking, Slowbro, Cofagrigus, Reuniclus, Amoonguss, and of course, opposing Snorlax. It's not a huge deal, but being able to outrun that little handful of Pokemon can be useful from time to time.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
This has been written up, although i'll probably want to trim down on the fluff a bit in the future.

Not sure about this but wouldn't Fire Punch be a reasonable alternative to Wild Charge? You land super effective hits against Trevenant and Gourgeist, while preventing Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Scizor from setting up all over you. You also hit Skarmory super effectively, but I doubt it does much anyway. So I would say Fire Punch > Crunch in the last slot.

Thoughts?

Also, change the set formatting, we aren't using that format anymore.

Reactions: tab

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Not sure about this but wouldn't Fire Punch be a reasonable alternative to Wild Charge? You land super effective hits against Trevenant and Gourgeist, while preventing Forretress, Ferrothorn, and Scizor from setting up all over you. You also hit Skarmory super effectively, but I doubt it does much anyway. So I would say Fire Punch > Crunch in the last slot.

Thoughts?

Also, change the set formatting, we aren't using that format anymore.
Changed the format, i *think* i have it right now but if its still not correct just let me know and i'll fix it.

Also, Fire Punch is only available to Snorlax via past gen move tutors, so its completely unavailable to Snorlax until pokebank arrives on december 27th (same with say Selfdestruct since it can only be passed down by past gen snorlax who have it).

although rather nieche i would suggest adding a specially defensive rest talk set to partner skarmory
also mention him as a good partner for defensive skarmory and scarf landorus

Molk

Godlike Usmash
OH sorry, forgot about that :x. I fixed that i think, but let me know if this format is still wrong.

tehy

Banned deucer.
amcheck

pretty nice overview, just some missed capitalizations especially in the cons area, watch out for that in future

Edit:
Well, that change in C&C is true. Not my business as an amchecker, so i probably should've just left a comment, but honestly w/e, when someone sees a change like that they clearly understand it's not grammar and can make their own decision about it.
[Pros]

<ul>
<li>Amazing base 160 HP and 110 Special Defense let Snorlax take repeated special hits with ease, absolute definition of a tank</li>
<li>Snorlax is no pushover offensively either, as it has a base 110 Attack stat and a solid physical movepool to work with</li>
<li>The new item Assault Vest seems practically made for him given he really appreciates the extra boost and doesn't mind not being able to use support moves</li>
<li>gGeneral special moves nerf makes it easier for sSnorlax to do his job, same with the weather nerf</li>
<li>one of the best mMega gGengar checks out there, immune to sShadow bBalls and takes even fFocus bBlast like a champ, KO'es in return with either eEarthquake or cCrunch and can even trap it with pPursuit. Still doesn't stop it from trapping something else though.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>Incredibly slow, will rarely outspeed anything that isn't paralyzed</li>
<li>nNot nearly as physically bulky as it is specially bulky, can still take some somewhat strong physical hits but it'll definitely fall much faster</li>
<li>Assault Vest gives a great stat boon but ensures Snorlax can't recover in any way bar Wish support, worn down really easily</li>
<li>Weakness to Fighting-type moves bites, even with a new type resisting it.</li>
<li>hHazards bait, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress can all use Snorlax as Spikes fodder.</li>
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

<p>Using an Assault Vest, Snorlax can boost its already great special bulk to astronomical levels and serve as a greatsuperb check to various threatening special attackers such as Volcarona, Mega Charizard Y, Greninja, Starmie, and especially Mega Gengar. However, unlike some defensive Pokemon with similar hit taking abilitybulk, Snorlax is no pushover offensively, using its decent physical movepool, high base 110 Attack stat, and ability to Pursuit trap to pose an immediate threat to the array of special attackers it's capable of checking, making it the better choice on more offensively leaning teams. Return is Snorlax's most powerful STAB move, doing significant damage to pretty much anything that doesn't resist it and easily 2HKOing any special attacker neutral to it that Snorlax might be being used to beat. Alternatively, Body Slam can be used over Return for its paralysis chance, but the loss of power is notable. Earthquake is Snorlax's main coverage move and is used to threaten some of the Pokemon that might try to switch in on Return, such as Tyranitar, Excadrill, Aegislash, Mega Gengar, and Mega Mawile. Pursuit is used to gives Snorlax the ability to trap special attackers that are either frail, weakened, or weak to Dark-type moves. Outside of this, Pursuit can be used to do some nice chip damage to anything else Snorlax might force out, wearing them down. Wild Charge hits Azumarill, Togekiss, and especially Gyarados harder than any other move Snorlax possesses, and also happens to hit Skarmory harder than any other move available to Snorlax, although Snorlax is still unable to 2HKO the latter. Alternatively, Crunch is Snorlax's best weapon against Gourgeist-H and Trevenant, making it a viable option.</p>

<p> The EV spread is rather simple, maximizing Snorlax's offensive potential while also maximizing Snorlax's ability to take special hits. As mentioned before, Snorlax functions best on offensive teams that need a Pokemon that can take on the majority of special attackers without a problem while also being able to bite back. As with any other Normal-type Pokemon, Snorlax hates facing Fighting-type Pokemon, and therefore any Pokemon that can get rid of them is a good teammate. Aegislash is great at this, using its great bulk in Shield Form along with its great typing to put a stop to the majority of Fighting-type Pokemon,; in return, Snorlax can take various Fire- and Ghost-type moves for Aegislash thanks to its Thick Fat ability and immunity to Ghost. Gourgeist-H is another great option for taking on Fighting-types, being immune to their STAB and having the bulk to take most coverage moves while burning them; in return, Gourgeist happens to appreciates Snorlax's resistances to Fire and Ice-type moves along with its immunity to Ghost-type moves as well. Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress are all huge pains for Snorlax to deal with, taking any hit from it easily and using it as Spikes fodder, and therefore Magnezone makes a great teammate for Snorlax, as it can trap all three of these Pokemon and KO them with Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Fire, respectively. Speaking of entry hazards, Snorlax wants as few of them as possible on the field as possible to make it easier for it to do its job, especially since Assault Vest stops Snorlax from recovering off any damage taken on its own. Therefore, Rapid Spinners such as Excadrill and Starmie, as well as Defog users such as Crobat, Scizor, and Mandibuzz, are all good teammates for Snorlax. Lastly, Choice Band can be used over Assault Vest to give Snorlax a bit more power behind its attacks, but Snorlax really misses the ability to switch moves and the Special Defense boost provided by Assault Vest. </p>

[Checks And Counters]

<p> Bulky Steel-types such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress are all excellent counters to Snorlax, as they resist Return and can take pretty much any other coverage move easily, and can either wear Snorlax down or use it as hazards fodder in return. Similarly, bulky Ghost-type Pokemon such as Aegislash and Gourgeist are also great checks to Snorlax, as they're immune to rReturn and don't really care about any of Snorlax's coverage moves except Crunch, and Earthquake in Aegislash's case, and can either cripple Snorlax with a burn or KO it with a super effective Sacred Sword after some prior damage. Although not resistant to rReturn, Gliscor and Hippowdon have the sheer physical bulk to take pretty much anything from Snorlax, and can either cripple it in return with Toxic or wear it down with repeated Earthquakes. When it comes to just breaking through Snorlax, Fighting-type Pokemon such as Lucario and Breloom are your go -to options, although most Fighting-types have to be wary of switching into multiple Returns and Earthquakes, so be sure to tread carefully when getting them ionto the field. Finally, entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes wear down Snorlax really quickly and make it significantly easier to take down, and because Assault Vest prevents the use of support moves, it can't recover off any of the damage taken on its own. </p>

Comments
Right at the start of the set comments you use great twice, so please replace one of those with a different word, unless you like superb there already.
Inserted that Aegislash appreciates Lax taking ghost-type moves;even though it's got shadow sneak, those are still kind of a problem for it, I believe.

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Pros/Cons bullets have to be in complete sentences. Please make that so before we proceed with any other GP.

Implement tehy's changes too, except for the stuff in the second sentence of C&C.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
I *think* i've fixed the pros and cons now, i hope those points are good enough :x.

also implemented tehy's amcheck =).

Btw, if mega gengar ends up getting quickbanned before this is completed, just let me know and i'll remove all mentions of it/replace them with regular gengar.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Molk

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

[Pros]

<ul>
<li>Snorlax's amazing base 160 HP and 110 Special Defense let Snorlax take repeated special hits with ease; it's the absolute definition of a tank.</li>
<li>Snorlax is no pushover offensively either, as it has a base 110 Attack stat and a solid physical movepool to work with.</li>
<li>The new item Assault Vest seems practically made for it, him given he it I'm not going to edit all these because it's your choice, but pick either he or it and stick with it really appreciates the extra boost and doesn't mind not being able to use support moves.</li>
<li>The general special moves nerf makes it easier for Snorlax to do his job, same with the weather nerf so it needs to take rain-boosted Hydro Pumps less often.</li>
<li>Snorlax is one of the best Mega Gengar checks out there, as it's immune to Shadow Ball and takes even Focus Blast like a champ, while in return Snorlax can KO with either Earthquake or Crunch and can even trap it with Pursuit. Still doesn't stop it from trapping something else, (AC) though.</li>
</ul>

[Cons]

<ul>
<li>Snorlax is incredibly slow; it will rarely outspeed anything that isn't paralyzed.</li>
<li>It's not nearly as physically bulky as it is specially bulky can still take some somewhat strong physical hits but it'll definitely fall much faster.</li>
<li>Assault Vest gives a great stat boon but ensures Snorlax can't recover in any way bar Wish support, meaning it gets worn down really easily.</li>
<li>Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress can all use Snorlax as Spikes fodder.</li>
</ul>

[Set Recommendations]

<p>By using an Assault Vest, Snorlax can boost its already great special bulk to astronomical levels and serve as a superb check to various threatening special attackers such as Volcarona, Mega Charizard Y, Greninja, Starmie, and especially Mega Gengar. However, unlike some defensive Pokemon with similar bulk, Snorlax is no pushover offensively, using its decent physical movepool, high base 110 Attack stat, and ability to Pursuit trap to pose an immediate threat to the array of special attackers it's capable of checking, making it the better choice on more offensively leaning teams. Return is Snorlax's most powerful STAB move, doing significant damage to pretty much anything that doesn't resist it and easily 2HKOing any special attacker neutral to it that Snorlax might be being used to beat. Alternatively, Body Slam can be used over Return for its paralysis chance, but the loss of power is notable. Earthquake is Snorlax's main coverage move and is used to threaten some of the Pokemon that might try to switch in on Return, such as Tyranitar, Excadrill, Aegislash, Mega Gengar, and Mega Mawile. Pursuit gives Snorlax the ability to trap special attackers that are either frail, weakened, or weak to Dark-type moves. Outside of this, Pursuit can be used to do some nice chip damage to anything else Snorlax might force out, wearing them down. Wild Charge hits Azumarill, Togekiss, and especially Gyarados harder than any other move Snorlax possesses, and also happens to hit Skarmory harder than any other move available to Snorlax, although Snorlax is still unable to 2HKO the latter. Alternatively, Crunch is Snorlax's best weapon against Gourgeist-H and Trevenant, making it a viable option.</p>

<p> The EV spread is rather simple, maximizing Snorlax's offensive potential while also maximizing Snorlax's ability to take special hits. As mentioned before, Snorlax functions best on offensive teams that need a Pokemon that can take on the majority of special attackers without a problem while also being able to bite back. As with any other Normal-type Pokemon, Snorlax hates facing Fighting-type Pokemon, and therefore any Pokemon that can get rid of them is a good teammate. Aegislash is great at this, using its great bulk in Shield forme along with its great typing to put a stop to the majority of Fighting-type Pokemon. In return, Snorlax can take various Fire- and Ghost-type moves for Aegislash thanks to its Thick Fat ability and immunity to Ghost-type moves. Gourgeist-H is another great option for taking on Fighting-types, being immune to their STAB and having the bulk to take most coverage moves while burning them in return; Gourgeist appreciates Snorlax's resistances to Fire and Ice-type moves along with its immunity to Ghost-type moves as well. Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress are all huge pains for Snorlax to deal with, taking any hit from it easily and using it as Spikes fodder, and therefore Magnezone makes a great teammate for Snorlax, as it can trap all three of these Pokemon and KO them with Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Fire, respectively. Speaking of entry hazards, Snorlax wants as few of them as possible on the field as possible to make it easier for it to do its job, especially since because Assault Vest stops Snorlax from recovering off any damage taken on its own. Therefore Rapid Spinners such as Excadrill and Starmie as well as Defog users such as Crobat, Scizor, and Mandibuzz are all good teammates for Snorlax. Lastly, Choice Band can be used over Assault Vest to give Snorlax a bit more power behind its attacks, but Snorlax really misses the ability to switch moves and the Special Defense boost provided by Assault Vest. </p>

[Checks And Counters]

<p> Bulky Steel-types such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Forretress are all excellent counters to Snorlax, as they resist Return and can take pretty much any other coverage move easily, (RC) and can either wear Snorlax down or use it as hazards setup fodder in return. Similarly, bulky Ghost-type Pokemon such as Aegislash and Gourgeist are also great checks to Snorlax, as they're immune to Return and don't really care about any of Snorlax's coverage moves except Crunch, and Earthquake in Aegislash's case, and can either cripple Snorlax with a burn. Aegislash can also or KO it with a super effective Sacred Sword after some prior damage. Although not resistant to return, Gliscor and Hippowdon have the sheer physical bulk to take pretty much anything from Snorlax, (RC) and can either cripple it with Toxic or wear it down with repeated Earthquakes. When it comes to just breaking through Snorlax, Fighting-type Pokemon such as Lucario and Breloom are your go-to options, although most Fighting-types have to be wary of switching into multiple Returns and Earthquakes, so be sure to tread carefully when getting them onto the field. Finally, entry hazards such as Stealth Rock and Spikes wear down Snorlax really quickly and make it significantly easier to take down, and because Assault Vest prevents the use of support moves, it can't recover off any of the damage taken on its own. </p>

1/2

Last edited:
I know people don't care much about Snorlax anymore, but has anyone considered a Belly Drum set?
There is almost ZERO discussion in this thread.

Pretty sure I'm not doing this right, but that's why you guys are here, right?

Name: none
Item: Chesto Berry
Move 1: Body Slam / Return
Move 2: Crunch / Pursuit
Move 3: Belly Drum
Move 4: Rest
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Impish / Careful
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4
or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
I haven't had time to do a lot of math for enough EV spreads.

The idea is to have Snorlax out at the right time. Make your opponent switch and use BDrum. Assuming his next Pokemon does less than 50% of your HP, you can Rest. Then, boom, Chesto Resto.

I picked a Dark type for the secondary move because it covers for Ghost types, which Normal can't hit, obviously. There are multiple combinations of offensive moves you can use, but these two generally have good coverage.

The only thing resisting Normal and Dark at the same time are Tyranitar, Mawile, and Klefki.

IDK, maybe my idea isn't the best, so I'm hoping you can give opinions on such a shortly-discussed topic.

Assault Vest Snorlax is actually pretty good. It can switch into Goodra with barely a scratch, and 2HKO with Frustration. I just wish it had a better Defense. It's 1-2HKO'd by many Physical attacks. I'm considering investing in it like you would with Blissey. Should I do it?

You know, after I finally realised the new Facade mechanics a few days back, I wanted to find a bulky Normal type that people would be tempted to burn (or Toxic).

Well, this is just Pre-Pokeback stuff, but that AV Max ATK Adamant Snorlax with Facade can beat Rotom-W 1-on-1 without being worn down too much:

252+ Atk Snorlax Facade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 153-181 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It seems like something can be forgone for Facade, at least before Pokebank comes out. It's actually kind of a waste of a Snorlax really, becoming a One-Trick-Pony and that can't hit Trevenant or Gourgeist (or Sableye or silly Gengars) which also WoW. Being Toxic'd is also common for a Snorlax, but I really have no idea where this extra firepower will come in handy. It could surprise people who try to setup on a burnt Snorlax with a non-ghost which isn't afraid of being para'd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)