GRAMMAR DOJO: see post #61

Approved by Oglemi. Old thread here. Thread format stolen borrowed from sandshrewz.

... and if you were expecting a fancy piece of art here, you will be sorely disappointed.

Ever wondered how the GP checkers do it? Do you want to make it to the team, but feel you need more practice? Fear not, for here you can learn from the best in the business. Presenting: the Grammar Dojo!

Here's how it will work: we will post nicely messed-up paragraphs for you folks to try out and give you a few days to work on them. You can post your WIPs right here in this thread (no PMing us the answers please!), and we will let you know about 24 hours before deadline by what time you need to wrap it up. After that, we will post what we feel to be the best answer, explaining all the changes in this format. Feel free to ask us your doubts about the answer (after we post it, of course :P) either here or on IRC at #grammar; we'll be glad to help. I have decided to give at least a day for doubt clarifications before moving on and posting the next paragraph, so don't feel rushed.

Useful Smogon links:
Some general useful links:
Do note that this is not limited to amateur checkers: GP team members can try out these exercises too!

Last edited:
All right, here's your first exercise!

Bronzong isn't be needing much support since it uses Explosion at the end, and Bronzong will be supporting its offensive teammates more. Pokemon who appreciate the Trick Room support to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make excellent partners; these uses the few Trick Room turns to deal or KO many Pokemon in the tier. Wish passers like Aromatise cannot be Taunted, as well pairing well with Bronzong if he doesn't use Explosion. Because then they allows Bronzong to set up more Trick Room turns before it explodes. Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hyreigon make good partners because they have great attacking and defending type synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective moves directed at them, such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacks. Bulky Water-types such as Suicune, and Mega- Blastoise make good partners, as they are able to switch in Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong.

Ok I have fucked this up enough so that my eyes bleed now ;_; You can get cracking now :)

Ok I'm bored, might as well give it a shot.

Remove
Add
Comments

Oh also I assumed this was for a Suicide Trick Room set so sorry if I'm wrong :o

Bronzong isn't be needing much doesn't require very much team support, (Add Comma) since it uses Explosion at the end usually KOs itself with Explosion after setting up Trick Room. and Bronzong will be supporting its offensive teammates more. Pokemon who appreciate the Trick Room support, (Add Comma) to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make excellent partners;, (Remove Semicolon, Add Comma) as they use these uses the few Trick Room turns to deal or KO many Pokemon in the tier as much damage to the opponent as possible. Wish passers like Aromatise Aromatisse (Ha I wrote Aromatisse's analysis so you can't trick me :D) is a helpful partner, as it is cannot be Taunted, as well pairing well with Bronzong if he doesn't use Explosion. unaffected by Taunt and can pass Wishes to Bronzong if it decides to refrain from using Explosion. Because then they allows Bronzong to set up more Trick Room turns before it explodes. Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hyreigon Hydreigon also make good partners because they have great attacking and defending type synergy with Bronzong. taking can absorb on the super effective Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong, (Add Comma) it and, (Add Comma) in return, Bronzong can take the super effective Fairy-type moves directed at them. (Add Period), such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacks. (Water isn't super effective against Bronzong lol) Finally, Bulky bulky Water-types such as Suicune, (Remove Comma) and Mega- Blastoise Mega Blastoise make good partners, (Remove Comma) as they are able to switch in into Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong. (Umm Bulky Waters aren't the best way to absorb Knock Off, I'd recommend changing this to Mega Evolutions instead, since they can't have there items removed by Knock Off.)

Bronzong doesn't require very much team support, since it usually KOs itself with Explosion after setting up Trick Room. Pokemon who appreciate the Trick Room support, such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make excellent partners, as they use the few Trick Room turns to deal as much damage to the opponent as possible. Aromatisse is a helpful partners, as it is unaffected by Taunt and can pass Wishes to Bronzong if it decides to refrain from using Explosion. Pokemon such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hydreigon also make good partners because they can absorb the super effective Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong, and, in return, Bronzong can take the super effective Fairy-type moves directed at them. Finally, bulky Water-types such as Suicune and Mega Blastoise make good partners as they are able to switch into Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong.

Also from what I've seen, we're not supposed to add in out subjective comments into the C/P, though if I'm wrong please tell me :]

(Wow that took so much longer than I thought it would; I couldn't imagine doing an entire analysis @_@)

Comma's gave me by far the most trouble. I'm not really sure when you're supposed to use them in sentences like "Water-types/Trick Room setters/whatever else such as blank, blank, and blank make good partners due to blank and blank." Would I change that to "Water-types/Trick Room setters/whatever, (Add Comma) such as blank, blank, and blank, (Add Comma) make good partners due to blank and blank."? Because I feel like I've seen it written both ways and I'm not sure when the commas are needed, or if they're ever needed at all. x_x

Last edited:

Sapphire.

Es gibt Licht, wo immer Sie sind
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm so honored that you "borrowed" my paragraph from my Bronzong analysis! ^.^ (You should totally GP check it for me when you have time. XD)

Anyway I'll AM check this. c:

Additions
Removals
(Comments)

Bronzong isn't does not need be needing much support since it uses Explosion at the end,. and Instead, Bronzong will be supporting its offensive teammates more. Pokemon who appreciate the Trick Room support to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first order reversed such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make excellent partners; these Pokemon uses the few Trick Room turns to deal a lot of damage or KO many Pokemon in the tier. Wish passers like Aromatisse cannot be Taunted, thus pairs as well pairing well with Bronzong if he it decides not to doesn't use Explosion., (AC) Because then they since it allows Bronzong to set up more Trick Room turns before it explodes. Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hydreigon make good partners because they have great attacking and defending type synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective moves directed at them, such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacks. Bulky Water-types such as Suicune, and Mega- Blastoise make good partners, as they are able to switch in Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong.

Remove
Add
Comments

Bronzong isn't be needing doesn't need much support since it will most likely uses Explosion after setting up Trick Room, which allows it to at the end, and Bronzong will be support its offensive teammates with a free turn more. (period) Pokemon who appreciate the Trick Room support to get their slow Speed turned flipped into an the advantage. (period) Now Pokemon to attack first such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make excellent partners; these Pokemon can take advantage of uses the few Trick Room turns to deal some damage to or KO many Pokemon in the tier. Wish passers like Aromatisse (Be sure to spell the Pokemon(s) names correctly) would also make a great partner because it can set up Trick Room, or heal teammates with Wish. Aromatisse cannot be prevented from using Wish by a status move Taunted because its ability Aroma Veil protects it from Attract, Disable, Encore, Heal Block, Taunt, and Torment. as well pairing well with If Bronzong if he doesn't use Explosion it can benefit from wish passing teammates like Aromatisse in order to recover health, Because then they allowsing Bronzong to set up more Trick Room more than once. turns before it explodes. Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hyreigon make good partners because they have great attacking and defending type synergy with Bronzong, the aforementioned Pokemon include but are not limited to: Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hyreigon. They taking can take on the super effective Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective moves directed at them. such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacks. (unnecessary sentence, you've already stated that Bronzong can take super effective attacks directed at them) Bulky Water-types such as Suicune,(Suicune doesn't want to lose leftovers) and Mega- Blastoise make good partners, as they are able to switch in Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong. (This last sentence is unnecessary)

Last edited:
Add
Remove
(Comments)

hide tags dont fail me now
Bronzong isn't be needing much support since it uses Explosion at the end, and Bronzong will be supporting its offensive teammates more Because Bronzong usually uses Explosion last, it doesn't need much support itself, but will be supporting its more offensive teammates. Pokemon such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make great partners as they appreciate the Trick Room support the Bronzong provides. who appreciate the Trick Room support to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make excellent partners; these uses the few Trick Room turns to deal or KO many Pokemon in the tier. Wish passers like Aromatise Aromatisse makes a great partner, as its Aroma Veil ability protects Bronzong from Taunt, allowing it to set up Trick Room without worry. cannot be Taunted, as well pairing well with Bronzong if he doesn't use Explosion. Because then they allows Bronzong to set up more Trick Room turns before it explodes. Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses have good type synergy with Bronzong, such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hydreigon make good partners as they can come in on any super effective attacks aimed at Bronzong. because they have great attacking and defending type synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective moves directed at them, such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacks. (Seems like I just took out a huge chunk of info, but really I just compacted it into "good type synergy") Finally, bulky Water-types such as Suicune, (RC) and Mega-Blastoise (Remove hyphen and space) make good partners, as they are able to switch in Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong.

oh okay not listening to me hide tags

Last edited:
Comma's gave me by far the most trouble. I'm not really sure when you're supposed to use them in sentences like "Water-types/Trick Room setters/whatever else such as blank, blank, and blank make good partners due to blank and blank." Would I change that to "Water-types/Trick Room setters/whatever, (Add Comma) such as blank, blank, and blank, (Add Comma) make good partners due to blank and blank."? Because I feel like I've seen it written both ways and I'm not sure when the commas are needed, or if they're ever needed at all. x_x
Yes you would. If you need any extra help, check out the Spelling and Grammar Standards.

add - remove - comment
Bronzong isn't be needing much support since it uses Explosion at the end, and Bronzong will be supporting its offensive teammates morein need of much support, as it supports its teammates and will end up using Explosion after it has completed its duty. Pokemon whothat appreciate the Trick Room support to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first such asinclude Ampharos, Escavalier,(AC) and Snorlax Exploud and Mega Mawile should've been mentioned imo are all excellent partners to take advantage of their limited turnsmake excellent partners; these uses the few Trick Room turns to deal or KO many Pokemon in the tier. Wish passers likesuch as Aromatise cannot be Taunted, they also healas well pairing well with Bronzong if he doesn'tbefore it Pokemon are not called he or she, the correct term is 'it' uses Explosion. Because then they allows, allowing Bronzong to set up more Trick Room a final time before it uses Explosionturns before it explodes. Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and HydreigonHyreigon none of these are really that amazing partners tbh make good partners because they have great attacking and defending type synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective moves directed at them, such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacksresist Dark-type moves for Bronzong, while in return Bronzong resists Fairy-type moves for the aforementioned Pokemon. Bulky Water-types Pokemon such as Suicune, and Mega-(RS)Blastoise make good partners, as they are able to switch into Knock Off's aimed at Bronzong.

This paragraph had a lot of errors honestly, but hopefully I didn't change it too much!

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
AM Check
Remove
Add
Bronzong iswon't be needing much support since it usually KOes itself with Explosion at the end, and Bronzong will be supporfter setting its offensive teammates moreTrick Room up. Pokemon who appreciate the Trick Room support to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first such asinclude but are not limited to Ampharos, Escavalier, and Snorlax. They make for excellent partners; as these Pokemon uses the few Trick Room turns to deal or KO many Pokemon in the tier. Wish paAromatissers like Aromatise is a great partner as it cannot be Taunted, as wellnd it pairings well with Bronzong if heit doesn't use Explosion. Because then they, as it allows Bronzong to set up more Trick Room turns before it explodes. Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses such aslike Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hydreigon make good partners because they have great attacking and defending type synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super effective Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective moves directed at them, such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacks. Bulky Water-types such as Suicune, and Mega- Blastoise make good partners, as they are able to switch into Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong.

actually in real analyses nobody makes that many mistakes unless they have a really pathetic grasp of the English language but w/e
back to real analyses

You messed this up too well...

Bronzong idoes n'ot be needing much support, asince it uses Expwilosionl atbe the end, and Bronzong will be supporting its offensive teammates more. Pokemon who appreciate the Trick Room support to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first, such as Ampharos, Escavalier, and Snorlax make excellent partners;. Bronzong appreciathese uWises the few Trick Rsuppoom turns to deal fror KO many Pokemon in the tier. Wish passers like Aromatise cannot be Taunted, as well pairing well with Bronzong if he doesn't use Explosion. Because then they allows Bronzong to set up more Trick Room tmurns before ilt exiplode times. Pthrokemughonut the mat coversh. BronzPong's weaknessesmon such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hydreigon make good partners because they have great attacking and defending type synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super-effective Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it and in return, Bronzong can take the super -effective moves directed at them, such as Fairy-type attacks, and Watefor-type attackshem. Bulky Water-types such as Suicune, and Mega- Blastoise make good partners, as they are able to switch in on Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong.

Bronzong does not need much support, as it will be the one supporting its teammates. Pokemon who appreciate Trick Room support, such as Ampharos, Escavalier, and Snorlax make excellent partners. Bronzong appreciates Wish support from Pokemon like Aromatise, as this allows Bronzong to set up Trick Room multiple times throughout the match. Pokemon such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hydreigon make good partners because they have great synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super-effective Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong and in return, Bronzong can take the super-effective Fairy-type attacks for them. Bulky Water-types such as Suicune, and Mega Blastoise make good partners, as they are able to switch in on Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong.

Galladium

Banned deucer.
My first AM check.

Add
Remove
Comments

Bronzong isn't be needing much doesn't require much team support, since it uses Explosion at the end as it normally KO's itself with Explosion, and Bronzong will be supporting its offensive teammates more. Pokemon who appreciate the Trick Room support to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first (Trick Room does not need an explanation), such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make excellent partners;, as they can use these uses the few Trick Room turns to deal or KO many Pokemon in the tier attack first and deal as much damage as possible. Wish passers alsowork well with Bronzong, like especially Aromatisse, (as it cannot be Taunted and benefits from Trick Room), as well pairing well with Bronzong if he doesn't use Explosion. Because because then they allows Bronzong to set up more multiple Trick Rooms turns before it explodes throughout the match (You've already said it can Explode). Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses, such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hydreigon make good partners because they have great attacking and defending overall type synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super effective Ghost and Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it, and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective moves directed at them, such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacks directed at them. Bulky Water-types such as Suicune, and Mega- Blastoise also make good partners, as they are able to switch in on Knock Offs aimed directed at Bronzong.

Bronzong doesn't require much team support, as it normally KO's itself with Explosion. Pokemon who appreciate Trick Room support, such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make excellent partners, as they can use the Trick Room turns to attack first and deal as much damage as possible. Wish passers also work well with Bronzong, especially Aromatisse (as it cannot be Taunted and benefits from Trick Room), because they allow Bronzong to set up multiple Trick Rooms throughout the match. Pokemon that cover Bronzong's weaknesses, such as Krookodile, Umbreon and Hydreigon make good partners because they have great overall type synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super effective Ghost and Dark-type moves that trouble it, and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective Fairy and Water-type attacks directed at them. Bulky Water-types such as Suicune and Mega Blastoise also make good partners, as they are able to switch in on Knock Offs directed at Bronzong.

All right, time's up! Here's what Gato and I feel is the best version of the paragraph I provided:

Bronzong isn't be needing much support since it uses Explosion at the end, and Bronzong will be supporting its offensive teammates more. Pokemon who appreciate the Trick Room support to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first such as Ampharos, Escavalier and Snorlax make excellent partners; these uses the few Trick Room turns to deal or KO many Pokemon in the tier. Wish passers like Aromatise cannot be Taunted, as well pairing well with Bronzong if he doesn't use Explosion. Because then they allows Bronzong to set up more Trick Room turns before it explodes. Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hyreigon make good partners because they have great attacking and defending type synergy with Bronzong, taking on the super Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective moves directed at them, such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacks. Bulky Water-types such as Suicune, and Mega- Blastoise make good partners, as they are able to switch in Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong.

Bronzong isn't be needing doesn't need (1) much support since as it will likely be using Explosion at the end after it has fulfilled its role (2); rather, it and Bronzong will be supporting its offensive teammates more (3). Pokemon who that appreciate the Trick Room support, (add comma) to get their slow Speed turned into the advantage to attack first (4) such as Mega Ampharos, Escavalier, (add serial comma) and Snorlax, (add comma) make excellent partners, as they these can use the few Trick Room turns to deal heavy damage to or outright KO many Pokemon in the tier common threats. (5) Wish passers like Aromatise cannot be Taunted, as well pairing well with Bronzong if he doesn't use Explosion (6) such as Aromatisse, which can't be Taunted thanks to Aroma Veil, also make good partners for Bronzong if it doesn't use Explosion early, as they can let it Because then they allows Bronzong to set up more Trick Room turns before it explodes set up Trick Room multiple times. (7) Pokemon that covers Bronzong's weaknesses Dark-types such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hydreigon make good partners because they have great attacking and defending type (8) have good synergy with Bronzong, as they cover its weaknesses quite well; in return, Bronzong can sponge Fairy-, Ice-, and Water-type attacks for them taking on the super Dark-type moves that trouble Bronzong it and in return, Bronzong can take the super effective moves directed at them, such as Fairy-type attacks, and Water-type attacks. (9) Bulky Water-types, (add comma) such as Suicune, and Mega Blastoise, also make good partners teammates, as they are able to can sponge Fire-type attacks; the latter can also switch into Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong. (10)

Bronzong doesn't need much support as it will likely be using Explosion after it has fulfilled its role; rather, it'll be supporting its offensive teammates. Pokemon that appreciate Trick Room support, such as Mega Ampharos, Escavalier, and Snorlax, make excellent partners, as they can use the few Trick Room turns to deal heavy damage to or outright KO many common threats. Wish passers such as Aromatisse, which can't be Taunted thanks to Aroma Veil, also make good partners for Bronzong if it doesn't use Explosion early, as they can let it set up Trick Room multiple times. Dark-types such as Krookodile, Umbreon, and Hydreigon have good synergy with Bronzong, as they cover its weaknesses quite well; in return, Bronzong can sponge Fairy-, Ice-, and Water-type attacks for them. Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Mega Blastoise, also make good teammates, as they can sponge Fire-type attacks; the latter can also switch into Knock Offs aimed at Bronzong.

1. This is just bad grammar. We decided that "doesn't need" sounds best (though we dallied over "won't be needing for a while", as this is always true of Bronzong (regardless of when it is being used): it doesn't need much support.
  2. "at the end" of what? You shouldn't leave the reader guessing and clutching at straws when they're reading your work. Stick to the point: once it has set up TR and fulfilled its role, Bronzong will most likely Explode.
  3. Even though joining the two independent clauses with a comma + conjunction ('and', in this case) isn't grammatically wrong, it makes for really messy prose. The use of the semi-colon and 'rather' to express the contrast between the two sentences gets the point across more clearly.
  4. You don't need to explain what Trick Room does in such detail. Also, 'that' > 'who', because we're using 'it' to refer to Pokemon and should thus maintain neutrality of gender. Had it been 'him' / 'her' to refer to Pokemon, 'who' would have been fine.
  5. We just set off two contrasting sentences with a semi-colon. It would thus be better to simply use a comma here after "excellent partners" and continue to say how said partners use TR. "deal or KO many Pokemon in the tier" is just plain wrong; the usage of the verb 'deal' as it is makes no sense (without the word 'damage' anywhere), and "many Pokemon in the tier" is once again quite vague.
  6. If you're providing examples, 'such as' > 'like'. Aromatisse is spelt wrong as well. While not strictly necessary, it is also useful to mention WHY Aromatisse is immune to Taunt; yes, everyone knows what Aroma Veil is and does, but some other slow support Pokemon even use Mental Herb to circumvent Taunt.
  7. "as well pairing well with Bronzong" is completely wrong grammatically, as is ending the sentence there and having a dependent clause ("Because then they allows ...") as a sentence. Finally, it should be expressed clearly that having a Wish passer lets Bronzong set up Trick Room multiple times.
  8. This sentence was particularly fluff-ridden. All that "... make good partners because they have good attacking and defending type synergy" is downright unnecessary. Bronzong has difficulty sponging powerful Dark-type attacks in particular, so just say Dark-types have good synergy and give examples. 'Hydreigon' is spelt wrong too.
  9. More bad writing here. Just say "Bronzong can take Fairy-, Water-, and Ice-type attacks for them" and be done with it. Again, look how I used a semi-colon to express the contrast between the two sentences: 'X does A for Y; in return, Y does B for X'.
  10. There shouldn't be a comma after 'Suicune', and 'Mega Blastoise' doesn't need a hyphen there. These Water-types also sponge problematic Fire-type attacks for Bronzong; while this seems like more of a QC change, GP occasionally needs to catch stuff like this as well, especially if the rest of the sentence is vague as it is (why do only bulky Water-types switch into Knock Off? Why can't a Dark-resisting tank switch into the same? etc.). Lastly, mention how you can kill two birds with one stone by using Mega Blastoise; it can't lose its item, making it a particularly good switch-in to Knock Off.

I hope you had fun doing this, everyone. Please go through all my explanations very, very carefully, because I basically took you through my thought process whenever I GP something. As always, do feel free to PM me any doubts with my explanation or with your own versions; you can also discuss the same with GatoDelFuego either through PM or on IRC at #grammar!

Remember, there's no such thing as the correct answer. This is simply what we feel to be the best version of the paragraph as far as perspicuity is concerned. Please keep in mind that the ultimate aim of this project, if I may call it one, is to help people become better writers and GP checkers. That is, this isn't a contest: focus not on getting it "right" 100%, but rather on understanding the reasoning behind the changes made and the grammar involved ^__^

I've also decided to give you all at least a day to send in your doubts and get them clarified, because that is AS important as trying out a paragraph, if not more. Once we're done with that, I'll post the next paragraph for you folks to break your heads over :)

Last edited:
All right everyone, here's your next paragraph (courtesy horyzhnz):

Doublade often dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution, Aegislash but it however managed to find a nice spot the UU tier as a extremely bulky Eviolite tank that is too strong to take down. Doublade's fantastic Steel- and Ghost- typing gives it nine resistances with 3 immunities. A solid 110 base attack along with base 150 defenses allow it to tank hits with ease and retaliate with a strong Attack of it's own with its nice 110 attack. When you hold an eviolite, its defense sky-rockets to really huge levels, letting it shrug away super effective hits. Doublade also resists Stealth Rocks, immunity to Toxic Spikes and seriously enjoys switch-ins into Sticky Web as it decreases it Speed and increases the base power of Gyro Ball to very high levels. However, in adding to all this Doublade's low Base 35 speed make it a very potent sweeper in Trick Room teams when combined with the perfectly good neutral coverage with Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw and Sacred Sword. However, while Doublade's bulk is phenomenal its Hit Points and Special Defence are horrendous. Even with its Eviolite it still has trouble checking a majority of Special attackers. However No Guard also hampers Doublade more then it helps, as often used coverage moves such as Fire Blast will definitely always hit Doublade. When not in Trick Room, Doublade is extremely slow, forcing Doublade to take a hit before moving, which can wear it down with ease. Doublade has no means of reliable recovery, holding leftovers means giving up Eviolite; which is mandatory for blocking some dangerous threats that pose a threat to your team. The buff in Gen 6 to knock off also really makes Doublade's power to check the Fighting types that often carry it low.

A bit longer than last time, have fun ^__^

Add
Remove
(Comments)

Doublade often dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution, Aegislash
, (AC) but it however manageds to find a nice spot in the UU tier as an extremely bulky Eviolite tank. (Add period) that is too strong to take down. Doublade's fantastic Steel- and / Ghost- (Remove both hyphens, add slash) typing gives it nine resistances with and 3 three immunities. A solid 110 base Attack stat along with base 150 Defenses allow it to tank hits with ease and retaliate with a strong attack of it's its own with its nice 110 attack. When you hold an With an Eviolite, its Doublade's Defense sky-rockets (Remove hyphen) to really huge levels, letting it almost shrug away super effective hits. (It can't shrug off all super effective hits) Doublade It also resists Stealth Rocks, has an immunity to Toxic Spikes, (AC) and seriously (Unnecessary adverb) enjoys switch-ins switching into Sticky Web as it decreases its Speed and increases the base power of Gyro Ball to very high levels. However, in adding to all this Doublade's low base 35 Speed make it a very potent sweeper in Trick Room teams when combined with the perfectly good neutral coverage with of Shadow Sneak, (AC) and Shadow Claw, (AC) and Sacred Sword. However, while Doublade's bulk is phenomenal, (AC) its Hit Points HP and Special Defence Defense are horrendous. Even with its Eviolite it still has trouble checking a majority of special attackers. However No Guard also hampers Doublade more then it helps, as often used coverage moves such as Fire Blast will definitely always hit have perfect accuracy against Doublade. When not in Without Trick Room, Doublade is extremely slow, forcing Doublade to take a hit before moving, meaning it will usually be attacked first, which can easily wear it down with ease. (Probably worth mentioning that Shadow Sneak kind of half makes up for this) Doublade has no means of reliable recovery,: (RC, add colon) holding Leftovers means giving up Eviolite;. (Remove semi-colon, add period) This is problematic, as Eviolite which is mandatory for blocking defending against some dangerous threats that pose a threat to your team Doublade. (We're talking about Doublade here, not necessarily your team) The buff in Gen 6 to knock off also really makes Doublade's power to check the Fighting types that often carry it low. Despite its typing, Doublade finds it hard to check most Fighting-types, as they commonly carry Knock Off which hits Doublade super effectively and also renders it itemless, a very big problem as Eviolite is extremely important to Doublade.

Hope I didn't butcher it as much as I did last time :]

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Add
Remove
Comments

Doublade
often unnecessary dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution, Aegislash but it however has managed to find a nice spot the UU tier as an (fsr I can't make that blue) extremely bulky Eviolite tank that is too strong difficult to take down. Doublade's fantastic Steel-(remove hyphen) and / Ghost-(remove hyphen) typing gives it nine resistances with and 3 three immunities. A solid base 110 base Attack along with base 150 Defenses only has base 49 Special Defense allow it to tank hits with ease and retaliate with a strong Attack of it's own with its nice 110 Attack. When you holding an Eviolite, its Defense sky-(remove hyphen)rockets to really huge levels, letting it shrug away super effective hits. Doublade also resists Stealth Rocks, has an immunity to Toxic Spikes,(AC) and seriously enjoys doesn't mind switch-ins switching into into Sticky Web,(AC) as it decreases its Speed and increases the base power of Gyro Ball to very high levels. However, in adding to all this Doublade's low Base 35 Speed makes it a very potent sweeper in Trick Room teams when combined with the perfectly good neutral coverage with Shadow Sneak,(AC) and Shadow Claw,(AC) and Sacred Sword. However, while Doublade's bulk Defense is phenomenal,(AC) its Hit Points HP and Special Defence Defense are horrendous. Even with its Eviolite,(AC) it still has trouble checking a majority of Special attackers. However Sadly, No Guard also hampers Doublade more then it helps, as often used coverage moves such as Fire Blast will definitely always hit Doublade. When not in Trick Room, Doublade is extremely slow, forcing Doublade to take a hit before moving, which can wear it down with ease. Doublade has no means of reliable recovery, and holding Leftovers means giving up Eviolite; which is mandatory for blocking some dangerous threats that pose a threat to your team. The buff in Gen 6 to Knock Off also really makes Doublade's power ability to check the Fighting-(add hyphen)types that often carry it low disappointing.

Horyzhnz did an excellent job ruining this analysis. Keep up the good(?) work GP team!

Last edited:
Oops, totally forgot to getting around to doing this. Lets give it a shot! :D

Remove
Add
Comments

Doublade often dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution, Aegislash but it however has managed to find a nice spot in the UU tier as a an extremely bulky Eviolite tank that is too strong hard to take down. Doublade's fantastic Steel- and Ghost- Steel / Ghost typing gives it nine resistances along with 3 three immunities. A solid base 110 base attack Attack along combined with a base 150 defenses Defense allow it to tank hits with ease and retaliate with a strong Attack attack of it's its own with its nice 110 attack. When you hold an equipped with eviolite Eviolite, its defense Defense sky-rockets skyrockets to really huge great levels, letting it shrug away super effective hits. Doublade also boasts a resists resistance to Stealth Rocks Rock, immunity to Toxic Spikes, (AC) and seriously enjoys switch-ins switching into Sticky Web, (AC) as it decreases it its Speed and increases the base power Base Power of Gyro Ball to very high levels. However, in adding In addition to all of this, (AC) Doublade's low Base base 35 speed make Speed makes it a very potent sweeper in Trick Room teams when combined with the perfectly good good neutral coverage with Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw and Sacred Sword consisting of Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, and Sacred Sword. However, while Doublade's Defense bulk is phenomenal, (AC) its Hit Points HP and Special Defence Defense are horrendous, (AC) . (RP) meaning Even with its Eviolite it still has trouble checking a majority of Special special attackers in the tier, even with Eviolite. However No Guard also hampers Doublade more then it helps it, as often used common coverage moves such as Fire Blast will definitely always hit Doublade. When not in Trick Room, Doublade is extremely slow outside of Trick Room, forcing Doublade to take a hit before moving, which can wear it down with ease. Doublade also has no means of reliable recovery, as holding leftovers Leftovers means giving up Eviolite, (AC) ; (RSC) which is mandatory for blocking some dangerous threats that pose a threat to your team for the additional bulk it brings. Finally, The buff in Gen 6 to knock off the commonality of Knock Off also really makes seriously hurts Doublade's power ability to check the Fighting types the majority of Fighting-types in the tier. that often carry it low.

Also, is anything capitalized in "special attackers"? Couldn't seem to find it in the Spelling and Grammar Standards. x_x

Last edited:
Oops, totally forgot to getting around to doing this. Lets give it a shot! :D

Remove
Add
Comments

Doublade often dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution, Aegislash but it however has managed to find a nice spot in the UU tier as a an extremely bulky Eviolite tank that is too strong hard to take down. Doublade's fantastic Steel- and Ghost- Steel / Ghost typing gives it nine resistances along with 3 three immunities. A solid base 110 base attack Attack along combined with a base 150 defenses Defense allow it to tank hits with ease and retaliate with a strong Attack attack of it's its own with its nice 110 attack. When you hold an equipped with eviolite Eviolite, its defense Defense sky-rockets skyrockets to really huge great levels, letting it to shrug away super effective hits. Doublade also boasts a resists resistance to Stealth Rocks Rock, immunity to Toxic Spikes, (AC) and seriously enjoys switch-ins switching into Sticky Web, (AC) as it decreases it its Speed and increases the base power Base Power of Gyro Ball to very high levels. However, in adding In addition to all of this, (AC) Doublade's low Base base 35 speed make Speed makes it a very potent sweeper in Trick Room teams when combined with the perfectly good good neutral coverage with Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw and Sacred Sword consisting of Shadow Sneak, Shadow Claw, and Sacred Sword. However, while Doublade's Defense bulk is phenomenal, (AC) its Hit Points HP and Special Defence Defense are horrendous, (AC) . (RP) meaning Even with its Eviolite it still has trouble checking a majority of Special special attackers in the tier, even with Eviolite. However No Guard also hampers Doublade more then it helps it, as often used common coverage moves such as Fire Blast will definitely always hit Doublade. When not in Trick Room, Doublade is extremely slow outside of Trick Room, forcing Doublade to take a hit before moving, which can wear it down with ease. Doublade also has no means of reliable recovery, as holding leftovers Leftovers means giving up Eviolite, (AC) ; (RSC) which is mandatory for blocking some dangerous threats that pose a threat to your team for the additional bulk it brings. Finally, The buff in Gen 6 to knock off the commonality of Knock Off also really makes seriously hurts Doublade's power ability to check the Fighting types the majority of Fighting-types in the tier. that often carry it low.

Also, is anything capitalized in "special attackers"? Couldn't seem to find it in the Spelling and Grammar Standards. x_x
Nothing is capitalised in physical or special attackers :)

fleurdyleurse

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
AM Check
Remove
Add
Doublade often dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution, Aegislash, but it however manageds to find a nice spot in the UU tier as an extremely bulky Eviolite tank that is too strongvery difficult to take down. Doublade's fantastic Steel- and Ghost- typing gives it nine resistances with 3 immunities. A solid 110 base aAttack along with base 150 dDefenses allows it to tank hits with ease and retaliate with a strong Aattack of it's own with its nice 110 attack. When you hold an eing Eviolite, its dDefense sky-rockets to really huge levels, letting it shrug away super effective hits. Doublade also resists Stealth Rock, has, immunity to Toxic Spikes and seriously enjoys switch-ins into Sticky Web as it decreases its Speed and increases the base power of Gyro Ball to very high levels. HowevFurthermore, in adding to all this Doublade's low Base 35 speed makes it a very potent sweeper in Trick Room teams when combined with the perfectlyits good neutral coverage withconsisting of Shadow Sneak and, Shadow Claw, and Sacred Sword. However, while Doublade's bulk is phenomenal its Hit Points and Special Defencse stats are horrendous. Even with its Eviolite, it still has trouble checking a majority of Special attackers. HoweverUnfortunately, No Guard also hampers Doublade more thean it helps, as often used coverage moves such as Fire Blast will definitely always hit Doublade. When not in Trick Room, Doublade is extremely slow, forcing Doublade to take a hit before moving, which can wears it down with easeily. Doublade has no means of reliable recovery, holding lLeftovers means giving up Eviolite; which is mandatory for blockdefending some dangerous threatsagainst Pokemon that pose a threat to your teamDoublade. The buff in Gen 6 to kKnock oOff also really makelowers Doublade's power ability to check the Fighting-types that often carry it low.

Last edited:

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
This is my first AM check. :)

Add
Remove
(Comments)
Doublade often dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution, Aegislash but it however has managed to find a nice spot in the UU tier as a an extremely bulky Eviolite tank that is too strong difficult to take down. Doublade's fantastic Steel- and Ghost- Steel / Ghost typing gives it nine resistances with 3 as well as three immunities. A solid base 110 base Attack stat alongside with a base 150 Defenses stat allows it to tank hits with ease and retaliate back with a strong attacks of it's own with its nice 110 attack. When you While holding an Eviolite, its Doublade's Defense sky-rockets to really huge outstanding levels, letting it shrug away withstand most super effective hits. (Some attacks, such as Darmanitan's Flare Blitz, deal a ton of damage) Additionally,(AC) Doublade also resists Stealth Rocks, and is immunity immune to Toxic Spikes while benefiting from switching into and seriously enjoys switch-ins into Sticky Web as it decreases Doublade's Speed,(AC) thus and increases increasing the base power of Gyro Ball Gyro Ball's base power to very high overwhelming levels. However, in adding to all this Doublade's low base 35 Speed stat make it a very potent sweeper in Trick Room teams when combined with the in addition to perfectly good neutral coverage with Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw and Sacred Sword Ghost and Fighting-type moves make it a potent sweeper under Trick Room. However, while Doublade's bulk Defense stat is phenomenal,(AC) its Hit Points HP and Special Defence Defense stats are horrendous. Even with its an Eviolite, it still has trouble checking a majority of special attackers. However No Guard also hampers Doublade more then it helps,(RC)as often used coverage moves such as Fire Blast will definitely always hit Doublade. When not in Outside of Trick Room, Doublade is extremely slow,(RC) forcing Doublade has to take a hit before moving due to its low Speed stat, which can wear it down with ease result in it being worn down easily. Doublade has no means of reliable recovery,(RC) and holding Leftovers means giving up Eviolite;(RSC),(AC) which is mandatory for blocking some taking powerful attacks from dangerous threats that pose a threat to your team. The buff in Gen 6 to Knock Off also really makes prevents Doublade's from checking power to check the Fighting-types that often carry it low.

I hope I did a good job!

Last edited:

Galladium

Banned deucer.
Additions
Removals
Comments

Doublade is often overshadowed by it's OU evolution, Aegislash, however, it has managed to find a niche in the UU tier as an extremely physically bulky Eviolite tank. Doublade's fantastic Steel / Ghost typing gives it 9 resistances and 3 immunities. A solid base 110 Attack stat along with 150 base Defense allows it to tank most physical hits with ease and retaliate with a strong attack of it's own. When holding an Eviolite, Doublade's Defense skyrockets, letting it shrug away all but the most powerful physical super effective hits. Doublade also resists Stealth Rock, is immune to Toxic Spikes, and seriously enjoys switching into Stick Web as it increases the base power of Gyro Ball. In addition to all this, Doublade's low base 35 Speed, combined with it's good neutral coverage from Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak and Sacred Sword, makes it a very potent sweeper on Trick Room teams. However, while Doublade's Defense is phenomenal, it's HP and Special Defense are horrendous. Even with an Eviolite it still has trouble checking many Special attackers. Doublade's ability, No Guard, also hampers Doublade more than it helps, as commonly used coverage moves such as Fire Blast and Will-O-Wisp will always hit it. When Trick Room is not up, Doublade is extremely slow, forcing it to take a hit before moving (unless it uses Shadow Sneak). This wears it down easily. Doublade has no means of reliable recovery, as holding Leftovers means forsaking Eviolite; which is mandatory for defeating some dangerous threats. The buff in Gen 6 to Knock Off also hurts Doublade's power to check Fighting types that carry it.

Apologies for the lack of a Corrections section, it's late and I had to submit this before Calm Pokemaster updates this.

Last edited by a moderator:
... aand time's up. Here's what hory and I think about this round:

Doublade often dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution, Aegislash but it however managed to find a nice spot the UU tier as a extremely bulky Eviolite tank that is too strong to take down. Doublade's fantastic Steel- and Ghost- typing gives it nine resistances with 3 immunities. A solid 110 base attack along with base 150 defenses allow it to tank hits with ease and retaliate with a strong Attack of it's own with its nice 110 attack. When you hold an eviolite, its defense sky-rockets to really huge levels, letting it shrug away super effective hits. Doublade also resists Stealth Rocks, immunity to Toxic Spikes and seriously enjoys switch-ins into Sticky Web as it decreases it Speed and increases the base power of Gyro Ball to very high levels. However, in adding to all this Doublade's low Base 35 speed make it a very potent sweeper in Trick Room teams when combined with the perfectly good neutral coverage with Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw and Sacred Sword. However, while Doublade's bulk is phenomenal its Hit Points and Special Defence are horrendous. Even with its Eviolite it still has trouble checking a majority of Special attackers. However No Guard also hampers Doublade more then it helps, as often used coverage moves such as Fire Blast will definitely always hit Doublade. When not in Trick Room, Doublade is extremely slow, forcing Doublade to take a hit before moving, which can wear it down with ease. Doublade has no means of reliable recovery, holding leftovers means giving up Eviolite; which is mandatory for blocking some dangerous threats that pose a threat to your team. The buff in Gen 6 to knock off also really makes Doublade's power to check the Fighting types that often carry it low.

Doublade often dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution, (remove comma) Aegislash, (add comma) but it however manages to find a nice spot in (1) the UU tier as a extremely bulky Eviolite tank that is too strong to take down (2). Doublade's fantastic Steel- and Ghost- Steel / Ghost typing gives it nine resistances with 3 and three immunities (3). A solid 110 base 110 Attack along with and base 150 Defense allow it to tank hits with ease and retaliate with a strong attack of its own with its nice 110 attack (4). When you holding an Eviolite, its Defense sky-rockets to really huge incredible levels, letting it shrug away off even super effective hits (5). Doublade also resists Stealth Rock, is immune to Toxic Spikes, (add comma) and seriously enjoys switching (6) into Sticky Web as it decreases it Speed and increases the base power of Gyro Ball's Base Power to very high levels. (7) However, In addition to all this, (add comma) Doublade's low base 35 Speed makes it a very potent sweeper on Trick Room teams when combined with the perfectly good neutral coverage it gets with Shadow Sneak and / Shadow Claw and Sacred Sword (8). However, while Doublade's physical bulk is phenomenal, (add comma) its Hit Points and Special Defense is are (9) horrendous: even with its an Eviolite, (add comma) it still has trouble checking a majority of most special attackers. (10) However No Guard also hampers Doublade more than it helps, as often used common coverage moves such as Fire Blast will definitely always hit Doublade. (11) When not in Trick Room, Doublade is extremely slow outside of Trick Room, forcing Doublade it to take a hit before moving, which can wear it down with ease. (12) Doublade It has no means of reliable recovery; (semi-colon) holding Leftovers means giving up Eviolite, (add comma) which is mandatory for blocking checking some dangerous threats that pose a threat to your team (13). The buff in Gen 6 to Knock Off also really makes severely reduces Doublade's power to check the Fighting-types that often carry it low. (14)

Doublade often dwells in the shadow of its OU evolution Aegislash, but it manages to find a nice spot in the UU tier as a bulky Eviolite tank. Doublade's fantastic Steel / Ghost typing gives it nine resistances and three immunities. A solid base 110 Attack and base 150 Defense allow it to tank hits with ease and retaliate with a strong attack of its own. When holding an Eviolite, its Defense sky-rockets to incredible levels, letting it shrug off even super effective hits. Doublade also resists Stealth Rock, is immune to Toxic Spikes, and enjoys switching into Sticky Web as it increases Gyro Ball's Base Power. In addition to all this, Doublade's low base 35 Speed makes it a very potent sweeper on Trick Room teams when combined with the perfect neutral coverage it gets with Shadow Sneak / Shadow Claw and Sacred Sword. However, while Doublade's physical bulk is phenomenal, its Special Defense is horrendous: even with an Eviolite, it has trouble checking most special attackers. No Guard also hampers Doublade more then it helps, as common coverage moves like Fire Blast will always hit it. Doublade is extremely slow outside of Trick Room, forcing it to take a hit before moving, which can wear it down with ease. It has no means of reliable recovery; holding Leftovers means giving up Eviolite, which is mandatory for checking some dangerous threats. The buff to Knock Off also severely reduces Doublade's ability to check the Fighting-types that often carry it.

1. You either have commas both before and after Aegislash or only after it. 'However' is redundant with 'but'. We felt it's supposed to be 'manages' because UU is relatively new. There's also an "in" missing there: this is something you can easily miss!
  2. These are mainly hyperboles. Doublade isn't "extremely bulky", just "bulky". Yeah, base 150 Defense is incredible, but it hasn't got a good HP stat, remember? Ditto for the last part; it's plain unnecessary. Just say it's a bulky tank and move on.
  3. PokeGrammar here. For dual typings you say "[type 1] / [type 2] typing". Additionally, you're supposed to write out all numbers < 100: don't forget that!
  4. It's supposed to be "base <number> <stat>", with the stat capitalized. Doublade's only got a base 150 Defense, not "defenses". Also, just say it hits back with an attack of its own ('attack' as in Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak, etc); you don't need to mention its base Attack again.
  5. 'Eviolite' is capitalized. 'you' refers to the player, not the Pokemon; you don't hold an Eviolite, the Pokemon does. 'really huge' is a somewhat puerile way to express the fact and is lazy writing in general: use 'incredible', 'amazing', or the like. Additionally, a Pokemon generally shrugs 'off' a hit, and 'even' is added to emphasize the fact that even super effective physical hits won't KO it easily.
  6. 'Stealth Rock', not 'Stealth Rocks'. You should be consistent with the verbs in a list; "resists" is followed by "is immune to", not the noun "immunity". 'seriously' is once again a hyperbole, and it should be 'switching into'; as I said, be consistent and simply use the verb form here.
  7. Some fluff here. Focus on how Sticky Web actually helps Doublade: it powers up Gyro Ball, that's it. It doesn't make Gyro Ball Water Spout, it just makes it a pretty powerful STAB move; 'very high levels' is a tad misleading.
  8. By removing 'However', you kill two birds with one stone. Number one, it just doesn't belong here, because this sentence logically continues from the previous, and 'However' indicates contrast. Secondly, the next sentence begins with 'However' as well, so you now avoid any confusion. Remember, always observe how the changes you make impact other parts of the write-up. Next, (the capitalizations should be obvious enough) a Pokemon goes 'on' a team, not 'in' it. 'perfect' coverage is the right term to use, and you should also note that Doublade may not use both Ghost-type STAB moves on the same set (i.e., replace the 'and' with '/').
  9. Doublade's physical bulk is superb, not its bulk in general, because its SpD is horrible. Removing the 'Hit Points' part was something I was a little doubtful with, but I went ahead with it because its base 150 HP at least lets it take super effective physical attacks well. Most of Doublade's weaknesses are actually common special attacking types like Fire, Dark, and Ghost, and this only makes its horrid SpD look worse.
  10. 'its' makes Doublade's item sound like something that only it possesses. 'still' is redundant with 'even'. Instead of saying something concrete and precise like 'a majority of', use 'most'. Also, 'special' isn't capitalized.
  11. Again, 'however' is wrong here; you continue to mention Doublade's faults, so there isn't any contrast with the previous sentence. 'often used' is wordy as fuck: just say 'common'. 'definitely' is redundant with 'always' too.
  12. This is concerned with making the prose flow better. It's better not to have so many clauses set off by commas: just merge the two clauses at the beginning. The second change is easy enough to understand: now that you only have one fluid clause at the beginning, there's absolutely no change of confusing the subject, so 'it' can go over 'Doublade' to avoid repetition.
  13. Again, you can only be talking about Doublade, so 'it' is usable just fine. 'Holding Leftovers means ..." is an independent clause, so you have a run-on sentence if you put a comma instead of a semi-colon before it. Obviously, it should be a comma after 'Eviolite', because you continue with 'which is mandatory... '. "block threats that pose a threat to your team' is again really wordy; they're called threats for a reason (because they threaten your team, which is ... obvious). Just say Eviolite helps Doublade check some threats.
  14. "in gen 6" isn't necessary; when the buff happened isn't nearly as important as the fact that a buff actually happened to Knock Off. "really makes ... Doublade's power .. lower" is a really inelegant way of stating the fact that Knock Off reduces Doublade's efficiency as a Fighting-type check (watch the missing hyphen too!).

Have fun going through the explanations :) Once again, I'll give you some time to contact me and clarify your doubts before we move on to the next paragraph ^__^

Here's your next paragraph, courtesy Gato:

Keldeo's unique Water / Fighting- typing allows it to check many common threats in the metagame, making it a great specially-based attacker. This includes, but is not limited to Heatran, Landorus-T, Bisharp, Tyranitar and Mega-Kangashkan. Keldeo also sports a very high base 108 Speed stat and strong base 129 Special Attack, allowing it to not only outspeed the aforementioned threats but kill them when holding a LO, a rarity in this metagame. Keldeo's 91/90/90 defenses aren't that bad either, helping it take a neutral hit or two and retaliate hard. It also has a few solid support options, including Icy Wind and Quick Guard. While all this makes Keldeo seem amazing, it does have its flaws. The Water typing which gives Keldeo such a large offensive precense also gives it a weakness to common Electric-types in the metagame, such as Rotom-W and Thundurus-I. While its bulk isn't bad, it is not amazing either, this when coupled with Keldeo's reliance on its high Speed stat, leaves it vulnerable to Speed control. Also, since Keldeo has a very limited movepool, it is predictable and therefore easier to play around. However, play to Keldeo's strengths and it will be a great contribution to your team.

fleurdyleurse

Remove
Add

Keldeo's unique Water / Fighting
- typing allows it to check many common threats in the metagame, making it a great specially- based attacker. This includes, but is not limited to Heatran, Landorus-T, Bisharp, Tyranitar, and Mega- Kangashkhan. Keldeo also sports a very high base 108 Speed stat and strong base 129 Special Attack, allowletting it to not only outspeed the aforementioned threats but killand KO them when holding a Life Orb, a rarity in this metagame. Keldeo's 91/90/90 defenses aren't that bad either, helping it take a neutral hit or two and retaliate hard. It also has a few solid support options, includingsuch as Icy Wind and Quick Guard. While all this makes Keldeo seem amazing, it does have its flaws. The Water typing which gives Keldeo such a large offensive precenssence also gives it a weakness to common Electric-types in the metagame, such as Rotom-W and Thundurus-I. WhileThough its bulk isn't bad, it is not amazing either, this, when coupled with Keldeo's reliance on its high Speed stat, leaves it vulnerable to Speed control. Also, asince Keldeo has a very limited movepool, it is predictable and therefore easier to play around. HowNevertheless, if you play to Keldeo's strengths and, it will be a great contribution to your team.

GP 1/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)