Graphics, Scenery, and Tourist attractions

I do not know about you guys but I always found the graphics and scenery in Pokemon pretty awesome, more so the last two generations.

So what do you guys think of the graphics in all the various Pokemon games.

I have to confess I found the landmarks and graphics in the games this generation a real step up and better than before. I loved how they implied more 3D. I was as awe struck as you can get playing Black when I first crossed the Sky arrow bridge and seeing this for the first time in a Pokemon game. I hope I am not the only one that enjoyed the added graphics and quality in scenery.

I also enjoy the graphic enhancements in the newer games. I am still a fan of the non-shifting screen game play of the original three generations though.

I was quite impressed with the 5th generation games' graphics. From the previews of the game, they didn't look very different form 4th gen, but in areas like Castelia and Victory Road, they managed to impress me. The graphics that impressed me the most by far, though, were the battle animations for the pokemon. It reminded me of the Pokemon Stadium animations to some extent, and those add a thrill of their own to the battles.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm a big fan of all the Gen 5 scenery. All the towns had so much character and that really made the game enjoyable. Nimbasa City stands out a lot because it really felt like a playful town that had a lot to explore, and the bright lights drew you in. Birkal the music man will probably agree that the Nimbasa tunes were pretty awesome as well and really added to the environment!

Castelia City was great as well, and really felt like a big city, and the skyscraper feel was well done with the 3D graphics.

Sky Arrow Bridge is usually another fan favorite, just because the feel from crossing the bridge and the graphics were amazing.

One thing I like about 5th gen graphics is that they sort of fixed an issue with the graphics from previous gens that bugged me: the proportions. It was just annoying to me seeing your supposedly 4 foot tall character walk through a cave entrance that's almost the exact same height and length! In BW I think most of that is fixed, except maybe the entrances to buildings, but it's not as annoying as the cave entrances were. I'm OCD don't judge me!

But aside from that, the 4th gen. graphics, especially HGSS, were very nice.

3rd gen. graphics were also nice in their own right. They were definitely a HUGE step up from 2nd gen graphics, and the new sprites were also nice for the most part.

It's dissapointing to see 3rd generation games recieve so much hate for their visuals. I believe they were quite good, and was a colossal advancement from Pokemon crystal.

What was wrong with the graphics, honestly?
I thought the Hoenn region was very nice, and the colors were great.

The DS stuff is pretty cool, ESPECIALLY BW since it was trying to be fancy.

Though I do have a bit of a fondness for the hollow log in Aaron's room in Platinum. I liked to run through it whenever I had the chance.

Speaking of, Platinum and up has some awesome E4 rooms.

I think the coolest thing was the comparison of the graphics of GSC to RSE. I always thought that being able to see your reflection in the water was so cool.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I think Pokémon Colosseum/XD deserve a mention. The Under is a spectacular place. Pyrite Town has twice as much atmosphere as any city in any other Pokémon game (its only rival being Lavender Town). The Laboratory and dr. Kaminko's Lab from XD are chock-full of neat details. And the floor under Phenac Pre Gym... exactly what I imagine the back room of a Gym to be like. Plus awesome music!

Also, the underground waterfalls of Pyrite Cave, the eerie Cipher Laboratory, the mysterious Deep, Citadark Isle, Outskirt Stand and the luxury of the Realgam Tower. Let's face it, Orre had some awesome sights.

If anyone still remembers this thread or game: Pokemon Battle Revolution? Even though you couldn't really move around and explore the place like traditional Pokemon games, the stadiums offered awesome views and even the main menu that gave you a view of the theme park type place. I thought it was pretty awesome overall though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)