1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Great Randbat Pokemon and Movesets

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by Eagle4, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Eagle4

Eagle4

Have you ever weeped in tears as a Snivy destroys your whole team? Become giddy with joy when you see a Sigilyph on your team? This thread is basically for all those pokemon you've come across or used in randbats which you think are just amazing. Heck, show replays of that pokemon in action, showcasing the total destruction that pokemon can cause. Of course though, a pokemon is not complete without its moveset! Many pokemon considered great in randbats turn out awful if their moveset isn't perfect. I'll start this thread off with two pokemon and their movesets which can wreak havoc when under the right circumstances.

Shuckle @Chesto Berry/Leftovers
    -Acupressure
    -Power Split
    -Rollout
    -Rest

One thing holding Shuckle down is its total supsceptability to Taunt. However, most randbat pokemon don't carry Taunt (or a phazing move for that matter), and so setting up is much easier. On top of that, Acupressure is allowed, meaning Shuckle can get lucky and get +4 evasion in no time (alongside +4 in everything else because Shuckle is just a destroyer). With that, a simple rest and rollout will spell the end for your opponent's unworthy pokemon.

Sigilyph @Leftovers/Flame Orb
    Magic Guard
    -Psycho Shift
    -Cosmic Power
    -Roost
    -Stored Power

Sigilyph is already a great pokemon, but in randbats it is simply overpowered. Unsuspecting trainers will meet their match when faced with this behemoth. Sure, there's a chance that Sigilyph will face a dark type, but it can just stall with roost and psycho shift. The reason Sigilyph is so good in randbats is simply the fact that you can't prepare for it, and so you're more likely to feel its wrath. I was unfortunate enough in getting a Tinted Lens Sigilyph, but it didn't matter anyway because the opponent thinks you've got Magic Guard and so won't inflict you with toxic or anything like that.
  2. ElectivireRocks

ElectivireRocks Banned deucer.

It's a common complaint that Randbat sets are just imbalanced - Air Balloons and Light Clays are given out like candy to any ground-weak and potential dual screen user, respectively, even if they do more harm than good.

And let's not even get started on how badly Trick users are screwed when they get something like Trick+Substitute+Choice Scarf.

Meanwhile we get extremely annoying sets like Prankster Liepard who always get the best possible moves and items.

And by the way, Toxic Orb+Guts+Facade Flareon is absolutely terrible. I just had to get it off my chest.

Anyway, Contrary Snivy/Servine/Serperior and Prankster Purrloin/Liepard are by far the most annoying sets to face in RandBats.
  3. tehy

tehy

Actually that flareon is kind of amazing

Restalk is bulky enough to take hits from a lot and boost speed. It's pretty amazing if the opponent doesn't have tough, Ground/Rock type SE hits. Or really strong water type attacks.

Basically it's the randbats equivalent of a stallbreaker, and it can boost speed as well. I've gotten clean sweeps with it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)