Great Smogon Exchange Sign Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion

Pairings and teams given out later today, sorry for the delay

This is the Great Smogon Exchange tournament sign up, you must e-mail your team to the tournament e-mail address for screening before you are accepted into the tournament (please use File->Export to text). The team must be standard format (OU, BL, UU, NU are allowed but if there is excessive use of anything not OU the team will not be accepted) for full 386 Advance, gimmick teams may not be accepted unless the gimmick seems viable and you have proof that the team works. This also goes for unusual movesets, things like Double Slap Blissey, Mud Slap Dugtrio, or Poison Gas Weezing (it will be researched and screened to make sure move sets are viable too). This will be a 16 person tournament, but if sign ups fill quickly (which they probably will) it will be increased to a maximum of 32 to keep efficiency at a max. You will not be in the tournament until your team has been screened and accepted. Teams will be assigned randomly as will pairings to ensure maximum fairness, I will not be a competitor because of my access to all of the teams, when Round 1 begins you will receive a PM containing your team that you must use for the tournament. PLEASE submit the team that you most commonly use on NetBattle as this will be closer to a true team exchange. As a side note I will not tell the receiver of each team who the creator is until the tournament is over (so no one goes seeking help from the creator) and to add to the fairness each battler must keep each others team a secret as not to reveal anything the team might consist of (so please no “that Qwilfish surprised me” posts).

The winner of the tournament will be the battler and the creator of the team that wins the final round

The tournament e-mail address is: GreatSmogonExchange@hotmail.com
And please try to use the e-mail for submitting your team so my PM box doesn’t fill too quickly, if you do not have an e-mail that would be understandable and a PM will be allowed, if you do e-mail please include your Smogon name.

Right now I am not sure how I will handle subs but everyone is encouraged to sign up (I have an idea but it is not written in stone)

Rules:
No Ubers (Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut, Lati@s, Deoxys (all forms))
Non-STAB Hidden Power IS allowed
Celebi and Jirachi ARE allowed
PP Ups optional (if there is a disagreement, they must be ON)
Rated optional (if there is a disagreement, it must be unrated)
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
No OHKO/Evasion moves
No Self Ko on last pokemon
Species Clause
You MUST only use the team assigned to you
Logs MUST be PMed or e-mailed to the tournament e-mail address (this is necessary to ensure everyone used the correct team assigned to them)
If you watch another tournament battle while you are still in the tournament you will be disqualified
If you are caught cheating you will be banned from Smogon for 1 month

yes tl;dr but if you do you must have interest and please post here to show that you have sent your team in so I can review it

Accepted people/teams
PikaPete
Justin8649
Karrot
peter_pan
Lexay
el_B
Groudon80
SSBMroy
Jackal
DragonDance
Pilocus
Mizuno
Rekt
MoP/Aeroblacktyl
jerryparid
Council
Doomsday
Philbert
SomeRandomGuy
(TO) Juggernaut
Moxom
TheMusicMan
Cerberus
Dan Dan
Mekkah (thanks for the big explanation, lol)
thecrazylazyguy
Delta
Chost_Chill
Alper
Cye Kinomiya
Toy
Atlas

Subs:
1. Havak
2. Hansy
3. [eLite3] Carrick/Lokman
4. gdpt

makiri

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ok accepted people (have yet to recieve anything from Karrot or Jackal):
Justin8649 (although the team does look thrown together it is still good, referencing the EVs)
PikaPete

makiri

G80 can you prove in a PM that it works? It looks like it may but I need your perspective on it, as in exaclty how you pull it off.

Karrot, you are in, but because of your low post count I'm really looking for you to finish your battles

peter_pan, in, and its fine

In ftw

PM me or post here if the team I sent its trash, I don't feel that it can work in the current metagame, it used to be good around 3 months ago. (after playing a bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)