Pokémon Greninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Please stop discussing physical Greninja that set is stupid and is pretty much wasting Greninja altogether. To be honest the only physical moves that should ever be used on Greninja is U-Turn and maybe Shadow Sneak though I never use it. The only set that Greninja should really use is something such as this.

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive / Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power Fire / Dark Pulse / Hidden Power Grass / U-Turn​

This set does what Greninja is meant to do hit hard as fuck and be scary. Also yes I do believe Extrasensory is more important than Dark Pulse mostly due to Keldeo being pretty much everywhere, Mega Venusaur also, and Conkeldurr too I guess even though his hype really died down. Hydro Pump and Ice Beam are pretty obvious so I do not feel the need to explain those. The last moveslot is totally up to you though U-Turn if your team needs the momentum [Greninja forces a fuck ton of switches lol] Hidden Power Fire if your team has a hard time with Ferrothorn, Dark Pulse if you want to hit Aegislash a little hard than with Hydro Pump though I do not think it is even worth it, and Hidden Power Grass for shit like Rotom-W/Azumaril. Basically all I want to say is Greninja is god and PHYSICAL GRENINJA IS ASS STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. :]

edit: Greninja is super outclassed without Protean.

Please stop discussing physical Greninja that set is stupid and is pretty much wasting Greninja altogether. To be honest the only physical moves that should ever be used on Greninja is U-Turn and maybe Shadow Sneak though I never use it. The only set that Greninja should really use is something such as this.

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive / Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power Fire / Dark Pulse / Hidden Power Grass / U-Turn​

This set does what Greninja is meant to do hit hard as fuck and be scary. Also yes I do believe Extrasensory is more important than Dark Pulse mostly due to Keldeo being pretty much everywhere, Mega Venusaur also, and Conkeldurr too I guess even though his hype really died down. Hydro Pump and Ice Beam are pretty obvious so I do not feel the need to explain those. The last moveslot is totally up to you though U-Turn if your team needs the momentum [Greninja forces a fuck ton of switches lol] Hidden Power Fire if your team has a hard time with Ferrothorn, Dark Pulse if you want to hit Aegislash a little hard than with Hydro Pump though I do not think it is even worth it, and Hidden Power Grass for shit like Rotom-W/Azumaril. Basically all I want to say is Greninja is god and PHYSICAL GRENINJA IS ASS STOP TALKING ABOUT IT. :]

edit: Greninja is super outclassed without Protean.
But this is my greninja set:

Liechi Death Frog

Item: Liechi Berry
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Substitute
Water shuriken
Acrobatics
Rock Slide
Ability:Torrent
EVs: 252 attack, 4 Sp. Defense, 252 speed

The basic point is to spam substitute until liechi activates, then hit with base 110 acrobatics, Torrent-boosted water shuriken, and rock slide for flinch hax.

MAMP

MAMP!

Liechi Death Frog

Water shuriken
Acrobatics
Rock Slide

The basic point is to spam substitute until liechi activates, then hit with base 110 acrobatics, Torrent-boosted water shuriken, and rock slide for flinch hax.
Never run Torrent on Greninja, Protean is the only reason it is viable in OU.

Liechi Death Frog

Water shuriken
Acrobatics
Rock Slide

How dare you people criticize this amazing, well thought out set. This discovery alone will shape the OU metagame. Now all we need to do is ask Colonel M or Alexwolf to update the viability thread to move Greninja to S rank.

How dare you people criticize this amazing, well thought out set. This discovery alone will shape the OU metagame. Now all we need to do is ask Colonel M or Alexwolf to update the viability thread to move Greninja to S rank.
You're being sarcastic, right? Its hard to tell on the internet.

don't be a dick

As for Greninja, I always pack Extrasensory, just because Mega Venusaur can be REALLY hard to beat sometimes

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Extrasensory vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 187-221 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

MAMP

MAMP!
BUT............It Works!!

Edit: I also suprise people with it.

But would petaya be better?
SubLiechi Torrent Greninja does not beat anything that special Protean Greninja doesn't. As well, it loses to a variety of threats that special Greninja normally beats (or at least threatens), such as Skarmory, Mega-Mawile, Mandibuzz, Lati@s, and Deoxys-D. There is really no reason to use this set over the standard special sets.

I think this set has a very useful niche, actually. If you're not finding laddering to be enough of a challenge, using SubLiechi Torrent Greninja is a great way to have to put some real work in for your wins again.

Look the good thing about the set is that is surprises people(kind of like physical Sylveon).The bad thing is that its COMPLETELY WALLED BY WATER TYPES/WATER ABSORB/FERROTHORN/MOST POKEMON IN THE METAGAME THAT HAVE SOME SORT OF DEFENCE STAT.Not to be a jerk. but thats the truth.Most pokemon wall that set.Stick to protean, but its up to you of course.

Look the good thing about the set is that is surprises people(kind of like physical Sylveon).The bad thing is that its COMPLETELY WALLED BY WATER TYPES/WATER ABSORB/FERROTHORN/MOST POKEMON IN THE METAGAME THAT HAVE SOME SORT OF DEFENCE STAT.Not to be a jerk. but thats the truth.Most pokemon wall that set.Stick to protean, but its up to you of course.
But it does have a usable base 95 attack

The thing I love about Greninja is that you're able to customize its wide variety of coverage moves, depending on your team. Protean backs them with much more power.
Is Extrasensory standard now? I loved being able to surprise Keldeos with it, but more and more opponents have been predicting it and switching out to a resist.

don't be a dick

As for Greninja, I always pack Extrasensory, just because Mega Venusaur can be REALLY hard to beat sometimes

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Extrasensory vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 187-221 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
When I first got X/Y I had a friend who always kicked my ass in battles and his Mega Venusaur always walled my team. One day he traded me a Protean Greninja with Extrasensory. Thanks to that Greninja I had my first win against after against him, as Greninja 2hko'd Venasaur with Extrasensory, the first extrasensory caused a flinch and the 2nd one finished it off.

That was an amazing day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)