Lower Tiers GSC UU?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Anybody who wants to play some form of GSC UU, to be honest. PO actually has a UU ladder, which gets maybe 3 battles a month, but it's still something that comes forth and says "I dub this team UU". There were also a couple minor UU tournaments a few years back that used the PO UU tier as the banlist, and matches from the earlier of these tournaments led to PO finally banning Kingdra. As meager as this is, there's really nothing equivalent setting precedent for the Smogon-specific version of the UU tier.

If PO is the only way of playing GSC UU of some sort, why not update the Smogon UU tier according to the PO one? Which means Ampharos would go from BL to UU, Venusaur and Smeargle from UU to BL.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not for UU. I did a post mostly about moving Alakazam out of OU. Crystal helped update PO's list by hosting the tournament that told us Kingdra needed to be banned.

Kingdra banned in UU, snorlax legal OU is pretty hilarious. Even though I'm sure that kingdra has a serious advantage over that tier. UU metagame must have really evolved in the later years.

lol kingdra

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm no UU expert but what exactly does Kingdra do even in UU? Does it terrorize the tier with its all-around NO WEAK mediocrity?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
yes, basically. Only it isn't mediocre there because things have less staying power, are more vulnerable to DB paralysis, and the STABs are weaker than they are in OU.

Kingdra hardly ever died and with paralysis deterring most offensive pokemon your best bet was generally to just try to stall it back with another water chansey or whatever thus forcing defensive plays. Sort of the same reasoning used to ban Celebi from OU, even though their roles aren't very similar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)