Gen 2 GSC Viability Ranking (OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Snorlax is a pretty ridiculous pokemon. we all know that the only reason it isn't banned to the ninth level of hell and back again is because it's like a keystone; if it gets removed, everything starts falling apart.

I honestly don't think anybody will have a problem with Snorlax in its own Snorlax rank. Nobody had a problem with it here, at any rate.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
The reason I'm so against Electrics in A+ is - well, I'll be frank. It doesn't feel right. It makes it seem that the Electrics are better than the A- ranks, yet are dispensible and aren't needed to build a serious GSC team, when in reality, it is a massive struggle to build a team without Electrics when you're trying to exclude them, let alone when you aren't focused on leaving them out. It seems to undersell them, what they can do, and what effects they have on the metagame.
Electrics aren't needed to build a serious GSC team. In fact last SPL I used 3 non electrics teams and they did p well (I won 2 of those games and lost the other in a game that was decided by a megahorn roll), and I also used a non electric team in WCop to beat Cased in a key game.

I mean, electrics are great and they should be in most of the teams, and they are the best GSC mons by far after Lax, but you can build great teams without using them that are not worse than teams with electrics (that is not the case with lax), and that is why I considered electrics in A+ instead of S

We could also create a Snorlax rank and move every rank (so A+ becomes S, A becomes A+, A- becomes A, B+ becomes A-, etc)

the problem with doing that with your rankings is that leaves seven subrankings - impossible to make even across rankings, due to the fact it is a prime number. One rank would have an extra subranking, which is unwanted.

Or, I could take the last ranking and make it a single-subranking D rank, that could work as well.

edit: when I say "even across rankings", I'm talking about each ranking having the same number of subrankings. That's why the prime number is important - it shows that it is literally impossible to create rankings with an even number of subrankings unless we have seven ranks with one subranking or one rank with seven subrankings.

Last edited:

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't see how prime numbers relate to power rankings in the slightest

Just follow the old model and put electrics in S or Electric tier, then call it a day. This is just minor semantics and should not stand in the way of a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)