1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

GTS Cloning Trick

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by gorm, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Edit: So people have kinda got this working can someone post a better way to do this than that gfaqs quote that's there now?

Please lock/tdc this if it's been verified and debunked/been found and is old news

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=35071623

2. bolt

bolt

Oh yeah I heard of that.

I heard it acually works. I'm not trying it until someone else does, because i'm not risking shit.

You go first Gormenghast.
  3. Dagger

Dagger

It'd be cool if it were real, but I'm not to keen on turning off the power when it is saving or whatnot. Nor do I want to accidentally corrupt my data.
  4. gorm

gorm

What's been said is that the corrupt data happens anyways and all that happens is it loads the old save file, and either it has the clone, or doesn't.

This is stupid to even discuss before this is confirmed (and I believe there are safe ways to test it, known by Surgo among others) but it looks like another partial save error, except much more sketchy than emerald.
  5. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

This is actually fairly well-known, or at least something very similar to it that also abuses the GTS. You need to have exact timing, though, and it's very slow. Expect something like 1% of the efficiency of Emerald cloning, if that. I wouldn't even bother for that very reason.
  6. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

Sounds eerily similar to Colosseum cloning.

EDIT: From my experience with Colosseum, the timing seems random - I've managed success from 6 seconds to 8 seconds. Not sure if it'll be the same with the GTS trick though.
  7. bolt

bolt

So we have tp exactly wait 8 full rotation of the loading clock? EXACTLY 8?
  8. gorm

gorm

apparently 7.3~7.5~8. read the thread

it's sketchy. I'm pretty sure the devs made sure it wouldn't mess up your data, but the chance of cloning itself is eh.
  9. MKDS_PoKE

MKDS_PoKE

Someone test it already, I'm not testing until someone else does :O But I'm betting it works
  10. Dagger

Dagger

I'm gonna try it...I'll edit with results...Wish me luck that I don't corrupt my game...>_>
  11. bolt

bolt

Godspeed, Dagger. Godspeed.
  12. Dagger

Dagger

DUDE I FUCKING DID IT. It is in fact possible. However, it is extremely hard to get the timing because the time it takes for the pokemon to upload to the GTS varies...>_>

I'm trying to clone an awesome IVed azelf now...
  13. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

So it DOES work like Colosseum cloning. Too bad it's so damn hard to do. =(
  14. CardRaider

CardRaider

Does the glitch do anything negative to your game file?
  15. Amazing Ampharos

Amazing Ampharos
    is a Researcher Alumnus

I would think the main use of this will be to harvest a few extra Stealth Rock TMs and other items that you can't clone on Emerald (you just need to make a new one every time you want to use one so you never run out). This will also let us share 4th gen event Pokemon, good native DP Dittos, and that sort of thing, but if the time factor is considerable, that might really slow the whole affair down and limit this sort of sharing to sharing with people you know well enough that you're willing to do them favors. I bet it's still much faster than beating Ranger though, and it drastically improves my odds of ever having a legitimate Manafi.
  16. Dan Dan

Dan Dan

So who wants a Manaphy xD
  17. IJsthee

IJsthee

this could be nice for grass knot, stealth rock, avalanche and other TM's!
  18. ADH

ADH

I have Diamond and Pearl, I'd rather just restart one of them and get another set of TMs and legendaries, rather than risk this stuff on the GTS.
  19. Mike B

Mike B

pick me!

this is fantastic. i lost my emerald, and found salvation in this xD
  20. kingbattlus

kingbattlus

actually there's a better item cloning glitch. it involved doing a double battle with a theif user and a ditto or something i don't remember the specifics. but you theif your partner after they've transformed or something and you keep both items, no risks. granted it does take a bit and you have to charge up teh vs seeker everytime, but i think for TMs it's pretty sweet.
  21. West

West

Colosseum cloning? How is it done?

(Asking because I have Colosseum and no Emerald)
  22. Chozo

Chozo

Wasn't that patched for the English release?
  23. denw0

denw0

Can you do this with eggs? (manaphy egg)
  24. Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

Pretty much the same concept as this trick except it involves trading between Colosseum and a GBA game. The key point is that Colosseum saves first; then there is a very brief lag period before the GBA game saves. Turn off the GBA during this lag period.

Since Colosseum has already saved, whatever Pokemon you sent over to the GCN game will be saved to your memory card. The GBA game will say the file got "corrupted" but it'll revert back to the backup save (from before the trade occurred).

The timing, though, does vary a bit and it takes some patience and a little luck to pull off multiple times.
  25. Callum

Callum

I'll take you up on that offer =D

Seriously, though, this is the fourth gen where there's been a cloning glitch? Surely they could have sorted it out by now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)