GTS Cloning Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
More like the WiFi connection

Finally cloned Shiny Cresselia

Uhh
Oh, about the cloning

Due to the WiFi's constant changing, I don't think the first Upload + take out part of Leonard's step is necessary. All I did is go into the GTS, put my guy up for a trade, but turned the game off at 7 3/4 rotations. I did this with Darkrai and it works. Of course, this is the exact same as the OLD cloning glitch, but apparently works better because you save some time

Apparently, I suggest you stick with one timing (I stuck with 7 3/4) when you're cloning. WiFi can change a lot and it's better to stay constant here and hope it clones.

If you load your game and there's no blue screen, your pokemon is already up on the GTS and the cloning glitch failed. If it does have a blue screen, the pokemon is in your PC, but there's a possibility that the pokemon might ALSO be on the GTS. If that's so, then the cloning glitch works.

Also, if any of you don't believe this, I can come up on WiFi and show you 6 exact Darkrais, 2 exact Arceus and 2 exact Cresselias (well, all of them are Shiny). Well, not right now anyways

More like the WiFi connection

Finally cloned Shiny Cresselia

Uhh
Oh, about the cloning

Due to the WiFi's constant changing, I don't think the first Upload + take out part of Leonard's step is necessary. All I did is go into the GTS, put my guy up for a trade, but turned the game off at 7 3/4 rotations. I did this with Darkrai and it works. Of course, this is the exact same as the OLD cloning glitch, but apparently works better because you save some time

Apparently, I suggest you stick with one timing (I stuck with 7 3/4) when you're cloning. WiFi can change a lot and it's better to stay constant here and hope it clones.

If you load your game and there's no blue screen, your pokemon is already up on the GTS and the cloning glitch failed. If it does have a blue screen, the pokemon is in your PC, but there's a possibility that the pokemon might ALSO be on the GTS. If that's so, then the cloning glitch works.

Also, if any of you don't believe this, I can come up on WiFi and show you 6 exact Darkrais, 2 exact Arceus and 2 exact Cresselias (well, all of them are Shiny). Well, not right now anyways
Okay, and you haven't lost ANY Pokémon doing this glitch, right? If you haven't, I don't see any reason not to start trying it out.

EDIT: Okay, I have managed to clone a few Pokémon, but the timing is really hard and wonky. I believe that you do something really screwed up, there isn't any harm in using this glitch.

I had to shut off constantly near the exact time it took to transfer to GTS no matter how many times it was done, over and over every time that changed. Tried that 7 3/4 thing, and it just did not work for me.

For example: *Cresselia will be put up for trade" at exactly 8 rotations. The 7 3/4 thing worked.
"Cresselia will be put up for trade", two hours later, at exactly 10 rotations. Only 9 3/4 worked .

Oh, kudos to anyone that has a perfect connection. Guess mine did better for those who have satellite and extremely varying signals.

@ Lupo Aro. You can clone any held item.

I had to shut off constantly near the exact time it took to transfer to GTS no matter how many times it was done, over and over every time that changed. Tried that 7 3/4 thing, and it just did not work for me.

For example: *Cresselia will be put up for trade" at exactly 8 rotations. The 7 3/4 thing worked.
"Cresselia will be put up for trade", two hours later, at exactly 10 rotations. Only 9 3/4 worked .

Oh, kudos to anyone that has a perfect connection. Guess mine did better for those who have satellite and extremely varying signals.

@ Lupo Aro. You can clone any held item.
It worked sometimes for me, then sometimes it doesn't even go 7 3/4s around, so I don't get a chance to do anything.

I thought I just got it to work, but then one disappeared...or maybe im just tripping balls =/.

Anyway, still no luck...trying to clone this shiny Bagon.

I thought I just got it to work, but then one disappeared...or maybe im just tripping balls =/.

Anyway, still no luck...trying to clone this shiny Bagon.
I sure hope Pokémon don't disappear. If they do however, it's safe to say it doesn't happen very often.

Jibaku

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
No, my pogey did not disappear. Even though the first time I did this glitch I risked it on Arceus, and then my favorite pokemon (which I cloned 6x all with Power Lens so if you want a Power Lens then lol), and then a Shiny Calm Natured Cresselia

Just make sure you don't do it in reverse (well, taking the pokemon FROM the GTS and then shutting it off). I didn't try this, but like the Emerald cloning glitch this is possible.

It sometimes doesn't even go to 7 3/4, but a lot of the time it does, well for me anyways.

Now, is this entirely based upon lag via Wi-Fi? Is there any way GameFreak could possibly "fix" this glitch?
I doubt they will be able to fix this glitch in this or any other batch of Pokémon Diamond or Pearl games. I believe that it does rely on not only the lag, but your backup save file which they will not remove.

Jibaku

I doubt it
And I wish it wouldn't be fixed.
Big N would have to rework the entire GTS, and shutting it down.
I believe that the lag is there for data to be safely transferred up on the GTS.

Well, then. This development certainly casts doubt on my plans to purchase a copy of Emerald. Damn thing won't drop in price. =/

Might as well just pick up D/P...

Well, then. This development certainly casts doubt on my plans to purchase a copy of Emerald. Damn thing won't drop in price. =/

Might as well just pick up D/P...
Cloning in Emerald is easier and more consistant though. And no one knows for sure what happens with repeated use of the glitch (Like making ~50 or so clones I'd say). Making the game constantly recall backup saves could potentially be harmful. I personally would only use this glitch to clone 4th Gen shinies and legends, and leave the item cloning to the Japanese Ditto glitch (Nothing wrong with attatching items to your Pokés though).

Jibaku

Still, though, the one in Emerald is so much easier to utilize, but the 4th gen cloning allows the spread of 4th promos/shinies/well IVed pokemon evverywhere. People no longer starve for one!

I think the game calling backup saves is just about as harmful as loading your current save. It will only go wrong if your backup save breaks somehow

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pretty much the same concept as this trick except it involves trading between Colosseum and a GBA game. The key point is that Colosseum saves first; then there is a very brief lag period before the GBA game saves. Turn off the GBA during this lag period.

Since Colosseum has already saved, whatever Pokemon you sent over to the GCN game will be saved to your memory card. The GBA game will say the file got "corrupted" but it'll revert back to the backup save (from before the trade occurred).

The timing, though, does vary a bit and it takes some patience and a little luck to pull off multiple times.
Does this work with Pokemon XD?
i have emerald but im just curious...

and leave the item cloning to the Japanese Ditto glitch (Nothing wrong with attatching items to your Pokés though).
There's a really slim chance you've got access to that though, especially since the latest Japanese DP versions have that fixed.

OH, what a risk, tell us what happened??

Hope it works, I would like to find a guy that's able to trade a Manaphy :P

Couldn't get it to work. The timing is extremely difficult. I do understand the concept for the most part though. You have to turn off the DS right before the system switches to the GTS screen. A requirement is getting that blue screen as Jibaku said. I still seem to be off though.

Btw, I've been testing with Magikarp. If I messed up and lost Manaphy, I'd have to restart my copy of Pokemon Ranger again...

And once I do get the trick going, I'll gladly trade. My Manaphy is Modest.

It took me ages but I managed to clone my Garchomp... since this is based on lag counting really doesn't help that much, atleast not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)