1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gym Gym Leader Kaxtar vs Solstice

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Rediamond, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rediamond

Rediamond

Japanese Zen Boxing Arena (go with it...)
    4v4 Doubles, Items ON, No Switch, Two Abilities, 5 Chills/3 Recoveries per Pokemon, 2 Substitutions (Old style, IF->THEN on one action), Positioning ON (only need to specify if it effects the Pokemon's innate STAB bonus), Coinflip Turn Order
    -Inside so no Thunder allowed, little light from skylights
    -No weather allowed sans Sunny Day becuase indoors
    -Low ceiling prevents Fly/Sky Drop from being used
    -Rowdy spectators are making tons of noise and cause Psychic move users to lose focus and thus reduce the BP of Psychic moves by 3
    -Natural usable elements include: Polished titanium circular boxing ring, water moat (10 feet deep) around arena, floating island gardens, rustic dirt floor, decorative Japanese black rocks, antique parabolic torches (think Olympics)
    -The entire arena, although varied in components, is roughly a cramped 40-foot diameter circle and thus activates Fighting's "Increased senses in close combat." This boost is codified as a +1 Accuracy stage boost and +4 (Final) Speed stat, and applies to other types (Steels get the same boost in the boxing ring, Water in the moat, Ground on the floor, Grass in the gardens, Fire on the torches, Rock in the rock gardens).

Coinflip (Random.org)
    1=Kaxtar orders first
    2=Solstice orders first

Solstice, send out your Pokemon with items, specify abilities, etc. You guys know the drill (hopefully).
  2. Solstice

Solstice

I'm going to lead with Bella Luna the Kitsunoh and Quickdraw the Octillery. Bella Luna will have Frisk and Cursed Body, and will not be holding an item. Quickdraw will have Suction Cups and Sniper and will be holding an Oran Berry. If possible I would like Quickdraw to start in the moat and Bella Luna to start in the boxing ring.
  3. Kaxtar

Kaxtar

Tomohawk (Intimidate+Prankster)+Infernape, leggo. Tomohawk gets a Life Orb, Infernape gets an Expert Belt. Infernape on a Torch, Tomohawk in the Boxing Ring.

Infernape: Flamethrower Kitsunoh~Fire Blast Kitsunoh~Flamethrower Kitsunoh

IF Kitsunoh uses Metal Burst as part of a combo, THEN change that action to Grass Knot Octillery.
    IF Octillery uses Water Spout on A1 or A2, THEN change your action that round to Dig (Kitsunoh) and push actions back.
    IF Sub 2 would activate, THEN disregard Sub 1.

Tomohawk: Sunny Day~Grass Knot Octillery~Solarbeam Octillery

IF not Sunny on A2 or A3, THEN use Sunny Day and push actions back.
    IF Octillery Protects A2 or A3, THEN change that action to Earth Power (Kitsunoh).
    IF Sub 1 activates, THEN disregard Sub 2.
  4. Solstice

Solstice

Octillery:
    Toxic Tomohawk ~ Protect ~ Acid Spray Tomohawk

Kitsunoh:
    Rock Slide ~ Metal Burst+Leer Combo Tomohawk~ Cooldown
  5. Rediamond

Rediamond

Really sorry about the late, terrible update. The fact of the matter is, the reffing deleted itself twice and my finals started this week, in addition to a number of other obligations. I apologize for this, and promise future updates to be better and faster.

Onto matters of substance, Metal Burst+Leer was shot down by irc. As such, I decided to split it into two moves as the unofficial codification directs, and disregard Kaxtar's sub, as it would require the move being usable. If there are any serious objections from a credible source, I will overturn any part of this ruling.

Intimidate activates!

Tomohawk: Sunny Day: Sunlight four rounds, 10 energy
    Kitsunoh: Rock Slide: [(6+4.5)*1.5-1.75] 14 damage Infernape, Flinch Infernape, 6 energy (7129 hit Infernape, 9896 miss Tomohawk, 2020 flinch Infernape, 3458 no crit Infernape)
    Infernape Flinched!
    Octillery: Toxic Tomohawk: 7 energy, Tomohawk badly poisoned (1752 hit)

Octillery: Protect: 6 energy
    Kitsunoh: Metal Burst: 6 energy, lolololololololol
    Infernape: Fire Blast Kitsunoh: [(12+3+3+3+2)*1.5] 34.5 damage, 7 energy(5541 hit, 9111 no burn, 9294 no crit)
    Tomohawk: Earth Power Kitsunoh: [(9+3+3)*1.5] 22.5 damage, 7 energy, 2 recoil(1947 no SpDef drop, 7710 no crit)

Kitsunoh: Leer Tomohawk: 4 energy, -Defense
    Infernape: Flamethrower Kitsunoh: [(10+3+3+3+2)*1.5] 31.5 damage, burn, 6 energy(14 burn, 8564 no crit)
    Tomohawk: SolarBeam Octillery: [(12+3+3)*1.5] 27 damage, 8 energy, 2 recoil (8142 no crit)
    Octillery: Acid Spray Octillery: [4+3] 7 damage, 5 energy, -2 Spdef(5249 no crit)

Tomohawk | Infernape
    HP: 95 | 86
    EN: 75 | 87
    Otr: Badly Poisoned (2), -2SpDef, -Def | ---

Kitsunoh | Octillery
    HP: 10 | 73
    EN: 84 | 82
    Otr: Brn, -Att | -Att

Sunny Day (3 rounds)

Solstice, you're up.
  6. Solstice

Solstice

Kitsunoh
    Shadow Strike + Shadow Sneak Combo Tomohawk~ Cooldown ~ Rock Slide

Octillery
    Flamethrower Tomohawk ~ Flamethrower Tomohawk ~ Flamethrower Tomohawk

For Kitsunoh if Protect action 1 shift moves down
    For Octillery if Protect Amy actions change to Octazooka Infernape
  7. Kaxtar

Kaxtar

Sorry, never saw Solstice's post.

Tomohawk: Roost~Solarbeam Octillery~Air Slash Octillery
    Infernape: Heat Wave~Fake Out Octillery~Solarbeam Octillery
  8. Rediamond

Rediamond

[​IMG][​IMG]
    HP: 95 | 86
    EN: 75 | 87
    Otr: Badly Poisoned (2), -2SpDef, -Def | ---

[​IMG][​IMG]
    HP: 10 | 73
    EN: 84 | 82

Sunny Day (3 rounds)

Round Two:

The showdown continues. Kitsunoh jumps closer to the floor, blending into the shadows in the arena as a massive rush of shadows from all directions surges forwards towards Tomohawk. Even as the bird tries to flutter upwards, the shadows rise higher and higher, dragging the bird down to the ground where it is torn in multiple directions by the darkness before it evaporates, leaving Tomohawk wounded as it licks its wounds and tries to recover by lying down on the arena floor. Infernape is less than amused, and summons up a massive blast of fire from the torch he's standing on. The heat blasts across the arena and sails over Tomohawk as he lies on the ground. The resulting flames burn Kitsunoh to the point of fainting, and still deal a fair amount to Octillery due to the sunlight's glare. Octillery harnesses some of the fire for himself, and blasts another shot of flames across the arena, straight into the injured Tomohawk who cringes in pain from the heat.

Infernape is not amused, and makes a lunge towards Octillery that causes it to move backwards in panic, colliding with a rock and dazing itself. Tomohawk simply fires off a massive blast of light and heat in a pulse of solar energy that deals incredible damage to the octopus, even as the energy needed harms Tomohawk. Octillery is far too stunned to move.

Infernape shoots off his own explosion of light that deals just a little less damage to Octillery, who is already starting to grasp just how bad his situation is. Tomohawk sends forwards a blade of air that collides with the water-type, stunning it as the winds make him lose his focus.

Show Hide
    Kitsunoh: Shadow Streak Tomohawk: [4+8+3+3+3] 21 damage, 14 energy (7525 hit, 9422 no defense drop, 335 crit)
    Tomohwak: Roost: 11 energy, +20 HP
    Infernape: Heat Wave: 6 energy, [(7.5+3+3+3+2)*1.5] KO Kitsunoh, [(7.5+3+3+3)*0.66] 11 damage Octillery (8705 hit Kitsunoh, 1716 no burn Kitsunoh, 1532 no burn Octillery, 6486 no crit Kitsunoh, 8697 no crit Octillery)
    Octillery: Flamethrower Tomohawk: [10+3+3+3.5] 19.5 damage, 7 energy (2920 no burn, 9080 no crit)

Infernape: Fake Out Octillery: [4+1.5] 5.5 damage, 4 energy, flinch (8364 no crit)
    Tomohawk: Solarbeam Octillery: [(12+3+3)*1.5] 27 damage, 8 energy, 2 recoil (7923 no crit)
    Octillery flinched!

Infernape: Solarbeam Octillery: [(12+3+2)*1.5] 25.5 damage, 8 energy (3255 no crit)
    Tomohawk: Air Slash Octillery: [8+3+3+3] 17 damage, 5 energy, 2 recoil (847 flinch, 7734 no crit), Oran Berry restores health
    Octillery flinched!

Note: I missed the accuracy modifiers, but it never actually mattered

[​IMG][​IMG]
    HP: 73 | 86
    EN: 51 | 69
    Otr: Badly Poisoned (3), -1SpDef| ---

[​IMG][​IMG]
    HP: KO | 13
    EN: 84 | 75

Solstice sends out a new Pokemon, Kaxtar orders, Solstice orders
  9. Solstice

Solstice

I'll send out Aviatrix the Sigilyph.. With an Oran Berry, Magic Guard, and Tinted Lens.
  10. Kaxtar

Kaxtar

I'll get actions in today after my half day of school. Sorry about the holdup, finals suck.
  11. Kaxtar

Kaxtar

Infernape: Grass Knot Octillery~Fire Blast Sigilyph~HP Ice 7 Sigilyph

IF Octillery Protects A1, THEN Fire Blast Sigilyph A1 (Use Brick Break if Sigilyph used Light Screen A1) and push actions down.

Tomohawk: Air Slash Sigilyph~Yawn Sigilyph~Air Slash Sigilyph

IF Octillery isn't KO'ed by Action Three, THEN redirect A3 to Sigilyph.
  12. Solstice

Solstice

Octillery
    Protect - Hyper Beam + Hyper Beam Combo Tomohawk - Cooldown

Sigilyph
    Light Screen - Thunder Wave Infernape - Air Slash Tomohawk
  13. Rediamond

Rediamond

[​IMG][​IMG]
    HP: 73 | 86
    EN: 51 | 69
    Otr: Badly Poisoned (3), -1SpDef| ---

[​IMG][​IMG]
    HP: 100 | 13
    EN: 100 | 75
    Otr: --- | -Att

Round Three:

Octillery quickly forges a reflective shield out of rotating water that whirls around it, keeping it safe from outside projectiles. Kaxtar sees Sigilyph preparing a light screen, and orders his Infernape to use a Brick Break. Unfortunately, the attack lands before the screens and does little damage as a reflective barrier of light emerges on Solstice's side of the field. Perhaps this could change the tides of the battle? Tomohawk laughs, and aims a blade of powerful wind straight at the one chink in the armor, leading to no power reduction and even increased damage as it strikes Sigilyph.

This failure enrages Infernape, and she causes a variety of plants to come up from the bottom of the pool and strike Octillery, leaving him with barely any health at all even with the screens reducing the barrier. Sigilyph replies by blasting off a moderately powerful shock wave that races through Infernape's body, causing her to slow down drastically to deal with it. Tomohawk simply yawns loudly in Sigilyph's direction, causing her to become drowsy upon hearing it, and lean towards falling asleep on the spot. With the status show over, Octillery charges up one powerful orb of white energy in front of him, growing larger and larger as a roar begins to fill the air and the arena begins to shake. And then, everything is quiet for just a moment. Half a second later, a tremendous blast of power races through the air, and a beam of energy the size of a truck strikes Tomohawk, sending it flying backwards into the walls of the boxing ring due to the tremendous force of the blast.

Sigilyph rushes forwards with an Air Slash while Tomohawk's down, knocking the chieftain out, Infernape doesn't want to be left out of things, and shoots a strange frozen crystal at Sigilyph.

Show Hide
    Octillery: Protect: 7 energy, protected
    Infernape: Brick Break Sigilyph: [(8+3)*0.44] 4.89 damage, 5 energy (7682 no crit)
    Sigilyph: Light Screen: 7 energy, team protected (6)
    Tomohawk: Air Slash Sigilyph: [8+3+3+3+3] 20 damage, 5 energy,2 recoil, critical hit (339 crit)

Tomohawk: Yawn Sigilyph: 7 energy, Sigilyph is drowsy
    Infernape: Grass Knot Octillery: [(3+3+2)*1.5] 12 damage, 6 energy (6534 no crit)
    Sigilyph: Thunder Wave Infernape: 7 energy, 25% paralysis inflicted
    Octillery: Mega Hyper Beam Tomohawk: [(33.75+3)+1.75] 38.5 damage, 46 energy (8721 no crit)

Sigylph: Air Slash Tomohawk: [(8+3+1.5)*1.5+1.75] 20.5 damage, 5 energy (8938 hit, 9278 no flinch, 7704 no crit)
    Infernape: [(3.5+3+2)*1.5] 12.75 damage, 5 energy (3013 no paralysis, 6022 no crit)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    HP: KO | 86
    EN: 51 | 53
    Otr: Badly Poisoned (3), -1SpDef| 25% Paralysis

[​IMG][​IMG]
    HP: 80 | 1
    EN: 81 | 22
    Otr: Drwosy | -Att

Light Screen (3)

Sun (1 round)

My reffing is corrected, Kaxtar sends out new Pokemon (and follows Prize Claim procedure for ASM while he's at it), Solstice orders, Kaxtar orders
  14. Kaxtar

Kaxtar

I'll send out Rev. It'll use Shed Skin and Infiltrator and will hold a Life Orb.
  15. Kaxtar

Kaxtar

I think I want to claim DQ pretty soon, I know I didn't set one, but its been a full week since I last ordered. I'll give Solstice another 24 hours.

Also, a heads up. This battle will probably have to go on hold for a while. I'm going away for six weeks starting June 13, and will not have access to Smogon. While I'm gone, Rediamond can claim half of the UC for his reffing up to this point. Solstice, if you want to, claim for the Pokemon that already out and 2 TC/CC. Sorry about this, I really wanted to finish this battle before I leave, but it looks like it will have to wait.
  16. Rediamond

Rediamond

Sorry about not posting a warning, but I've been away from civilization or incredibly busy for a few days.
  17. Kaxtar

Kaxtar

Alright, going to have to claim DQ from this. Sorry, but a week is too long Solstice. Plus, I don't want to tie you guys down until I come back.
  18. Rediamond

Rediamond

Sorry about being late, but it's a final post and Kax probably wasn't rushing into any battles.

Me: 6 UC

Kax: 2 CC
    Infernape: 3 MC, 1 KO
    Tomohawk: 3 MC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)