Hackmons XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Lol actually I'd say the most op move in ph is either baton pass or substitute (or both?). 1000 Arrows is FAR from being op in ph, just don't run air balloon wonder guards. Just run wonder guard deo-s or something :P
Just run WG swampert lol

It's not really a threat as much as an annoyance.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I just run coverage scrappy mm2x

Iron head,horn leech/wood hammer, low kick/close combat, thousand arrows

Gets all standard wonder guard users besides deo

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I just run coverage scrappy mm2x

Iron head,horn leech/wood hammer, low kick/close combat, thousand arrows

Gets all standard wonder guard users besides deo
hm, have you considered using Gunk Shot instead of Iron head for fairies? I use it on HP MMX

i know... ;-;

but it's well worth it when it does hit.
I thought it was 70 when I made that comment(that's what smogon BW says), but it's been upgraded to 80 in XY, for 120(!!!) BP that's not bad at all. That's absolutely magnificent, though it has missed at the wrong times sometimes.

most games now are just match-up games depending on what kind of coverage the other person has...
This perfectly sums up the state of the meta, I made a mindless HO team with 6 mewtwos equipped with Focus Sash, Huge/Pure power and coverage including the mentioned thousand arrows(although I've changed it a bit with safety goggles and the like) and made to the ladder. But to be quite honest..it's always been this way, hasn't it(after fairy cause tomb and sableye)? People could just run trick for electric types, but this is just going by theory(I know from experience six mold breakers((and pure power mons)) doesn't work as well as it seems it would).

But even in theory, the meta's pretty match based. Idk how it wasn't before though?

You realize any other things can get Mold Breaker? Please play this metagame, not just theorymonning. As it seems that you are not informed on this metagame whatsoever.
While those post were obviously joke post, using Gyarados to have both wonder guard and mold breaker is a very good tactic.

The wonder guard Gyarados uses a boosting move(Shell smash or shift gear) behind a substitute and afterwards proceeds to mega-evo into Gyarados-Mega(which gets mold breaker as it's natural mega ability) to attack and outspeed the wonder guard(or mold breaker..since those are usually the switch ins) user.

Edit: It needs to drop one of it's moves for sub, because imposter can revenge kill it with the boost. But this thing is one of the best wg users out atm, it dealt damage so high to even chansey this one match that it came down to the speed tie(makes me wanna run scarf blissey x.x).

It's just so good, I don't have space for a phasing move, but I think I'm gonna have to make some.

wonder guard is beaten by OHKO moves anyways,
What ? .-. Are you talking about gastro acid? :P, I can always switch out to another one, it's so satisfying when the third or fourth sing / gastro acid is bounced back at Deoxys from a surprise giratina switch in.

Last edited:

berry

what kind
wow dead thread .-. ... but that is true. You can win (almost) any battle with just type advantages.

I think this thread has peaked for the time being. Maybe the gen 3 remakes will give us some new working ground for original ideas and stuff

First time posting, idk if this is right or not, but this is my first hackmons team, feel free to criticise it harshly

Deoxys (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fissure
- Sheer Cold
- Gastro Acid
- Rapid Spin

This one's your regular fast no guard/OHKO pokemon. Gastro acid for wonderguard+sturdy. Rapid spin for those spikes/rocks. Sash for other no guard Deoxes.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

This one mainly sets up spikes and rocks for shedinja to sweep. Extremespeed is a powerful STAB move, and head smash does a lot of damage. Magic Guard nullifies Life Orb damage.

Trololololololol (Shedinja) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Timid Nature
- Endeavor
- Eruption
- Water Spout
- Extreme Speed

Endeavor + Extremespeed. Only Endeavor in case of Arceus setting up toxic spikes.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
- Spore
- Copycat
- Whirlwind
- Nature Power

Alternative to shedinja to set after arceus. Prankster prioritized spore. Whirlwind + copycat to poison + damage entire enemy team.

Gotcha (Sableye) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Wonder Guard
Timid Nature
- Curse
- Heal Block
- Recover
- Mean Look

This one's the wonder guard of the team. its entire moveset is dedicated to taking out otherwise slippery customers. Shed Shell offers a quick and easy getaway in case.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Aromatherapy

This one's my magic bouncer. this is kind of a backup to my Sableye and its defog and aromatherapy are last resorts.

Anyway this is my first hackmons team, feel free to rate. And thanks for reading.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
First time posting, idk if this is right or not, but this is my first hackmons team, feel free to criticise it harshly

Deoxys (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Fissure
- Sheer Cold
- Gastro Acid
- Rapid Spin

This one's your regular fast no guard/OHKO pokemon. Gastro acid for wonderguard+sturdy. Rapid spin for those spikes/rocks. Sash for other no guard Deoxes.
Why are you keeping this in on other Deoxys again? You have 2 ways to deal with it, and quite a few people run Sash, so this won't be killing them. My personal recommendation is Leftovers, because you're going to be forcing a lot of switches with this. Fissure is quite a redundant move, however it can be used in certain circumstances. Rapid Spin is also an ew-tastic move on this set, that I would replace with either Substitute (if you choose this, set your item to Leftovers and replace Fissure with Hypnosis) or Thousand Arrows (if you want to keep Fissure that badly). If you really want Hazard-clearing support, put it on one of your WG'ers.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Head Smash
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

This one mainly sets up spikes and rocks for shedinja to sweep. Extremespeed is a powerful STAB move, and head smash does a lot of damage. Magic Guard nullifies Life Orb damage.
Shedinja is not going to sweep any time soon unless you fight a nub. On this set, I would actually recommend Poison Heal with Toxic Orb, as it blocks status quite well. As an alt. option, replace Life Orb with Flame Orb. Replace Toxic Spikes with Psycho Shift to transfer the status over either way. Extremespeed is meh, I would replace it with Parting Shot (to phase out Magic Bounce and to switch out). Head Smash is super-meh, I would replace it with a Recovery Move.

Trololololololol (Shedinja) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Timid Nature
- Endeavor
- Eruption
- Water Spout
- Extreme Speed

Endeavor + Extremespeed. Only Endeavor in case of Arceus setting up toxic spikes.

Shedinja, as a sweeper? That never happens in Hackmons. Get rid of Eruption + Water Spout, as Shedinja has terrible Special Attack. Replace this combo with 2 of: A Switching move; Gastro Acid; Some support move like Defog; Shadow Sneak. As for the EVs, just put investment in Attack and maybe Speed. Set all of the EVs and IVs that I didn't say to 0 for anti-imposter.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Lum Berry
Ability: Prankster
- Spore
- Copycat
- Whirlwind
- Nature Power

Alternative to shedinja to set after arceus. Prankster prioritized spore. Whirlwind + copycat to poison + damage entire enemy team.
Doesn't work in gen 6. How about a Mold Breaker, you need one of those. Regi likes pie should be able to tell you a good set.

Gotcha (Sableye) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Wonder Guard
Timid Nature
- Curse
- Heal Block
- Recover
- Mean Look

This one's the wonder guard of the team. its entire moveset is dedicated to taking out otherwise slippery customers. Shed Shell offers a quick and easy getaway in case.
Shed Shell? ON A GHOST TYPE? Don't get me wrong, Shed Shell's alright, but on a Ghost type it's quite redundant. Replace it with Leftovers. Curse + Recover is duh, but Heal Block + Mean Look are making me scratch my head. What you could run over one of these is Knock Off. This pretty much makes all Mold Breaker + Judgment sets lose their item; some become walled by this set. You can also put Toxic/Will-O-Wisp on this for other WG'ers.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Aromatherapy

This one's my magic bouncer. this is kind of a backup to my Sableye and its defog and aromatherapy are last resorts.
Do me a favor. Don't run PerishTrap Skarm. Replace Mean Look with Roost, and Perish Song with Spore/Dark Void or Baton Pass/Parting Shot. Your choice on the second one, but I would personally prefer Baton Pass or Parting Shot.

Anyway this is my first hackmons team, feel free to rate. And thanks for reading.
Bold

If mega sceptile gets a good sp attack stat we could expect seed flare + spacial rend

also I'm picturing mega swampert wg and primal kyogre wg as being very prevalent as well

Also primal groudon pure power would be glorious...bonemerang/1k arrows;heavy slam (ohkos any xerneas); heat crash; etc

Also I hope mega diancie ends up with base 150 offenses and base 175 defenses. That thing would be an amazing mixed magic guard tank sporting both light of ruin and head smash

Last edited:
Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch/Rock Slide/Ice Punch/Fire Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)