Hail HO (Peaked 1946 PS!)

Changes are in RED

30 wins 7 losses. It is a really well rounded HO team which has a check for everything the meta game wants to throw at me. Well have fun checking out the team and leave a luvdisc if you liked it :D

Abomasnow @ Expert Belt
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 132 SAtk / 112 Spd / 120 HP / 144 Atk
Mild Nature
- Ice Shard
- Wood Hammer
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Blizzard

Abomasnow is an obvious choice if your trying to make a hail team. I originally had abomasnow as a scarfer but it got outsped by too many non scarfers so I elected to make it a Mixed Expert Belt set. (Thanks to Gimmicks) becasue it makes the prediction game a little easier and it can OHKO Poli which helps me with the weather war. It normally picks up atleast 1-2 KOs a game because people try and play around it too much. This abomasnow is also very threatening to a rain team. HP.Fire is for scizor who try and OHKO it first turn of the match and get slapped in the face with a 4x HP.Fire that OHKOs. Blizzard is there for an obvious STAB and takes care of tornadus-T and also is quite nice for killing a gyra who always think they can set up on this thing.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 152 Spd / 104 SAtk
Naughty Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Basically the teams All-Star. It's increbile 170 base attack lets it completely destroy whatever doesn't resist the outrage and the other moves are for coverage. I threw ice beam on for a STAB move...Hp.Fire for steel types who try and switch in predicting the outrage and fusion bolt for another strong physical move that really does a number to rain teams. In order for this thing to be most effective, it just comes in on something it checks and just spams outrage. I'm thinking about changing ice beam to blizzard because it does more damage but moves besides outrage and fusion bolt aren't used that much anyway.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Rock Polish
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power

Another one of the teams All-Stars. Once this thing gets switched in and gets a RP off it is more often then not GG..Getting this thing in isnt really a problem either I just send it in on a choiced poke and proceed to set up. This poke works AMAZINGLY well because if I feel something is going to threaten abomasnow i'll lead with this guy and get set up and sometimes thats GG right there. This guy is simply too powerful once it gets a RP off it is one of the most feared sweepers in the metagame.

Im A Star (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 HP / 40 Def
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Recover

Since a couple of my pokes are really weak to hazards a great suggestion by superpowerdude I added a Starmie. It is the most offensive spinner and is a great check to breloom (something latios was doing anyways) I like that it has scald too for the burn factor although my luck with scald is horrible :/ I really have to thank superpowerdude for this set as it also has a lot of recovery with revoer and lefties. A great addition to the team.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 Sp Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

My priority user of choice (no pun intended) It has a HUGE attack stat which is boosted by technician and STAB when using BP and u-turn which it uses 90% of the time anyway. is really checks dragons nicely as a BP will KO after rocks damage. I use superpower as a move to kill Ferro (damage it) and then I use pursuit to kill jellicent/Lati ttwins because those can be kind of annoying to this team as well. This is possibly the weakest link in the team but the job it serves is too important to replace it.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 6 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Another poke that always seems to find a way into my teams. It is just such a good counter to ferro and skarm that it is almost a must for all of my teams as I get very annoyed at stall. It also tears Sun teams apart with huge powerful fire blasts that do big damage to anything. It also checks other heatran who don't use air balloon because they have to hit me with another move before they can earth power me back. It is also my SR user because nothing else really wants to take up a moveslot and heatran really has only 3 useable attacking moves so it works out.

This team has gotten me to the top 50 in the OU tier on PS which I never would have thought been possible for me. I've tried using the most OP teams but this team works really well together when played correctly. I would recommend giving it a try as it does so much work to the whole metagame. It can beat stall, weather, or other hyper-offensive. My current record with the team is 30-7.

I do like the look of the team as I am picturing it in my mind. The only thing that I could suggest is maybe a wobuffet to win weather wars with sun or rain. But I could also understand if you wanted to keep the all-out offense that you have going right now. Great team though!

Tabuu, If I knew how to put a picture I would, but thanks for the advice..i'll definetly try and add some more description, i'll edit it and get back to you,
It's simple, actually. Click the little box with the mountain on it, and then paste the URL in. However, you first have to copy the link, because you can not go to another tab when you click the box. As far as your team goes, use Hidden Power Ice instead of Psychic, as Psychic is a poor coverage option. Hidden Power Ice allows you to hit Dragons such as Salamence and Dragonite, and lets you beat Gliscor. Life Orb, Sheer Force boosted Psychic only does 64.12% max, while HP Ice is always a guaranteed OHKO.

Thanks Organization Member, It will help alot with the presentation as I have made a couple changes to the team which im about to update now..im currently at 1946 rating on PS right now so i'm going to make the changes and hopefully make this a legitamit RMT.

After updating the description I hope that this team will attract more attention and hopefully receive some rates. I suppose this is considered a bump

Gimmick

Electric potential
Hey zIntens1fy!

This team looks really fun to use. I may just try it out myself! I'm a little curious about your IVs and EVs, though. Let's patch up those oddities.

Abomasnow outspeeds pretty much nothing with 252 Spe EVs. Try out 112 Spe EVs to outspeed Specs Magnezone, Defensive Politoed/TTar, CB Scizor, and Jellicent. With your extra speed, you outspeed 0 Spe Heatran, which you can't really touch anyway. Ice Shard seems a little odd with a Modest nature since it really is such a weak move. However, since it has so much utility (hitting the Genies + Dragons), consider using a mixed offensive set with Ice Shard / Giga Drain | Wood Hammer / Hidden Power [Fire] / Blizzard | Earthquake | Protect. This is a slight variation of the popular Expert Belt Abomasnow set, but a bit more specially oriented. Since you opted for a specially offensive one, I tried to keep your preference here. I'll post the set and explain the EVs after:
(F) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 120 HP / 144 Atk / 132 SAtk / 112 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain / Wood Hammer
- Blizzard / Protect / Earthquake

The SAtk EVs allow you to OHKO 248 HP Scizor 100% of the time with HP Fire. 144 Atk allows you to always 2HKO Thundurus-T with Ice Shard (who can be very annoying to this team). The rest was dumped into HP after adjusting the Speed to outspeed the Pokemon mentioned beforehand. Mild was chosen because Abomasnow is usually a very good switch into Politoed and Rotom-W, so using a -SDef nature would be a bad idea. Ice Shard and HP Fire are pretty self-explanatory, but the Wood Hammer/Giga Drain debate is up to you. The former OHKOs Tyranitar, Politoed, and Jellicent and generally does a ton more damage while Giga Drain, though considerably weaker, increases longevity and heals in tough situations. The last slot is up to you. Protect kills Dnite's Multiscale with Hail and scouts whether Scizor U-turns or Bullet Punches. Blizzard is just a powerful STAB. EQ hits Ninetales and Heatran, which helps a ton against Sun teams.

Your Kyurem-B has an odd speed tier, so 252 Spe EVs aren't really necessary with a Choice Scarf. 152 Spe EVs (with HP Fire) allow you to outspeed Jolteon (and Aerodactyl), which are the fastest Pokemon in OU. There's pretty much nothing in terms of speed between 394 and 433. You do lose out on the ability to speed tie with other Scarf neutral natured Kyurem-B, but you have a Scizor to switch in and Bullet Punch. Anyway, this leaves you with 104 EVs to put in SAtk. Then, to increase its SAtking power even more, replace Ice Beam with Blizzard. Unlike other Blizzspam Pokemon, Kyurem-B doesn't have to worry about TTar or Ninetales switching in, decreasing its accuracy. Plus, the extra power is extremely appreciated in something that doesn't invest much. Here's what it should look like:
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SAtk / 152 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt

I am really, really confused as to why you're running 0 Spe IVs on your Landorus. It must be a typo or something. At any rate, change that to an IV spread of 2 Atk / 30 Def. This reduces Foul Play / Confusion damage while keeping your Speed normal. Speaking of Speed, you have a somewhat excess amount of it. An EV spread of 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd is optimal for outspeeding Timid Venusaur in Sun after a boost while retaining a bit more bulk. It also outspeeds pretty much every common Scarfer after a Rock Polish. Here's what it should look like:
(M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Latios confuses me too. There's absolutely no reason to be running those IVs. Just use 31 IVs in every stat. I assume you used to have HP Fire on it, but forgot to change the IVs back when you replaced it.

Scizor too! Give it 31 IVs in every stat. I'm really curious about this one since those IVs give HP Ice. Did you have HP Ice on Scizor at one point? lol.

Anyway, good luck with the team! It's one of the more interesting ones I've seen lately, so thanks!

Summary of Changes

• change to a mixed variant
    • Set:
      • Abomasnow (F) @ Expert Belt
        EVs: 120 HP / 144 Atk / 132 SAtk / 112 Spd
        Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
        - Ice Shard
        - Hidden Power [Fire]
        - Giga Drain / Wood Hammer
        - Blizzard / Protect / Earthquake
    • EVs: 252 Atk / 104 SAtk / 152 Spd
    • change Ice Beam to Blizzard
    • EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
    • IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
  • +
    • 31 IVs in every stat

Hey :D

This looks like a pretty coool hail team to me. It is nice to see more hail teams popping up in rmt and yours is no exception :) However when i look at this team i do notice a few flaws, however these flaws can be patched up quite easily. Firstly your team looks quite rain weak, you have two Water-type weaknesses in Landourus and Heatran, and you have Scizor, all three of them will really struggle taking the boosted Water-type moves of your opponents team. While you do a have a few resists two of your resists (Abomasnow and Kyurem-B) have a Stealth Rock weakness and with your team not carrying a Rapid Spinner there constant switching into Water-type moves will eventaully leave them to weak to be of any use to you as the hazard damage racks up. Latias your last Water-type resist gets completely walled by Ferrothorn and is also walled by Jirachi two common pokemon found on rain teams. With no bulk investment and no recovery Latios also gets worn down quickly. As i mentioned above having no rapid spinner is a bit of an issue for this team seeing as you have two Stealth Rock weaknesses. It also makes it easier for Abomasnows Focus Sash to get broken. Finally Keldeo is quite an issue for this team to face. With its Fighting/ Water-type stab he can hit every single member of your team super effectivly except Scizor and Latios, Scizor cant take a Hydro Pump from Keldeo anyway and Latios cant switch in for fear of an Icy Wind or Hidden Power [Ice]. Latios can also easily get worn down by hail and Keldeo is commonly paired with Ferrothorn on rain teams, which Latios is helpess against. Keldeo also resists all of Scizors moves except Superpower, which would be hard to use against Keldeo due to Keldeo outspeeding Scizor.

The simplest way to fix your problem with rain, hazards and Keldeo would be to use a Defensive Starmie>Choice Scarf Latios firstly Starmie provides your team with the necassary Rapid Spin support getting rid of hazards on your side of the field to let Scizor spam U-turn easier and to take pressure of your two Stealth Rock weaknesses. With max Hp a Water-type resist and acces to Recover Starmie can also relaibly switch into the Water-type moves found on rain teams and stay healthy with Recover. With the ability to outspeed all non-scarfed versions of Keldeo and Psyshock you can quite easily beat Keldeo with Starmie. Psyshock is a great tool to have because it hits opponents on their weaker defence letting you severly damage Amoongus, Tentacruel and of course Keldeo. Scald is Starmies last move and the 30% burn chance is great to wear opponents down when combined with hail, and a burned opponent can be set up bait for Landorus if the pokemon is a physical attacker and doesnt have Guts. You honestly don't lose to much without Latios as Starmie provides similar typing, having the ever so important resists to Water and Fighting-type moves (which also happen to be Keldeos stabs), and while you do lose a Choice Scarf user you still have Kyurem-B so Latios's role was a bit redundant anyway. As i mentioned Starmie would be very useful on this team for its ability to help you against rain, rapid spin, and let you take on Keldeo more relaibly while still synergising well with your team type wise. 216 speed evs are used because without Thunderbolt you don't need to speed tie with other Starmie. Instead 216 speed evs lets you outspeed base 110s and below the notable ones being Gengar, non-scarfed Terrakiona and Keldeo while being able to beat all of them with Psyshock. The spare 40 evs are put in defence to increase physical bulk.

I also agree with Gimmick on his Abomasnow Set seeing as it simply is a better version of the set you are running. After all 252 evs in speed aren't really needed since it doesnt let Abomasnow outspeed anything notable. Also Focus Sash is a rather poor item on Abomasnow, seeing as it will have to switch in a lot to eliminate opposing weather it is likely to take a hit anyway. Also on your Scizor just like Abomasnow max speed investment is not needed. I would use a spread of 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Sp Def this spread gives Scizor much better bulk letting it switch in to your opponents pokemon more easily. With priority Bullet Punch you don't need max speed on Scizor.248 evs are used in Hp as apposed to 252 because 252 gives Scizor more damage from Stealth Rock switch ins due to giving Scizor a hp stat divisable by 8.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Starmie @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid |252 Hp / 40 Def / 216
Scald | Rapid Spin | Recover | Psyshock

tl;dr
Latios--->Starmie

Abomasnow
.Focus Sash Set---Gimmick Set

Scizor
.252 Atk / 4 Sp Def / 252 Spe--->248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Sp Def

~Superpowerdude

One possibility in terms of the IVs is that if you shift pokemon within a team, PS keeps the IVs of the previous mon--so maybe he had landy in scizor's spot or something previously, which would explain the IVs.

I don't have time for a full rate, may come back later, but this is a very nice and interesting team you have. Gimmick and superpowerdude's comments are all great and I second them. One additional thing is that I notice you're super weak to breloom--it sweeps your whole team with SR up if latios and landy get to about 60%, which can happen very easily given the residual damage they'll be taking. One solution for this is to use a bulkier lati@s set with recover--you do become weaker to other dragons though. An alternative is to change the slot to a jolly mamoswine--it outspeeds even jolly loom and KOs with ice shard after a bit of hail damage, while checking all dragons regardless of how much they set up. A good set for you would be:
Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Superpower

IVs round down LO damage. The moveset is fairly flexible--ice shard and eq are musts, but icicle spear can be replaced with icicle crash and superpower with stone edge if you want, although icicle spear is super useful on mamo (especially jolly) for OHKOing dnite and breaking subs. Superpower > SE in my experience, SE is only really hitting gyarados.
If you do want to stick with your scarftios, I would highly suggest changing it to timid--timid scarftios outspeeds +2 adamant dnite (the majority), which can be incredibly useful.

Gl with the team!

Thanks for all the rates guy! i have made the change to atramie but I dont really like it all that much. It is a really great check to some of my weakness' but its just not powerful. I'm going to keep it becuase it is such a team player but it is very weak :/ I changed heatran to a scarf Victini to make up for the lack of Latios...It's funny that you guys selected latios as the odd one out because I was testing other pokes in his place because my team was walled to oblivion by sub CM Rachi. Also with the change of victini>Heatran I don't have a SR user and that is kind of a problem...Is there a way to fix this and keep victini? I think that if anything is going to go its scizor or starmie...potentially landorus but I lack a SR'r and seriously need one. I will update the definite changes right now

May I suggest a Speciall defense bases Jirachi over scizor? It still gives you the option to beat dragon types, let's you have a stealth rocker on the team again, and can provide wish support. If that doesn't strick you, you can always go with a ScarfRachi just add in rocks somewhere on its move set.

A banded snowman is also something nice to try Banded Ice shard, Woodhamer, and Eq can get you some nice Ko's. It's still bulky and can put up some major damage.

It's funny that you mention a sp.def rachi mrirrelevant I actually tried that in place of scizor when I added victini and I lt just wasn't working out too well so I went back to my old team. The above is the team up for rate because victini just wasn't working out. Thanks for taking to the time stop by though :D

What do you guys think if I changed landorus-t to a defensive wall rock setter then change Kyurem-b to Kyurem then change hatran to a scarfed or banded victini? I still have to do some testing but I think it would be effective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)