UU Hail Obama!

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Allen Blaze, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Allen Blaze

Allen Blaze

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Hail is an underrated but great playstyle in UU and is hardly used. Not even now , with the buff added by Abomasnow , hail is rarely used , maybe because of the Chansey's drop , or maybe because some people don't know Abomasnow dropped or even that Hail is allowed in UU , or they really don't care. I've made this team , back when the only Snow Warning user in UU was Snover (now some days)and when Abomasnow dropped , i replaced Snover with this beast.. I've battled with this team a lot and I've managed to hit the ladder which is cool (pun).
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]

This team is an offensive hail team , ratter than a hail stall team as you may observe. One of the biggest falws of the team is the lack of fighting type , which make Chansey a pain , and so far , I won 2 matches agaisnt a team with Chansey (from five or six). But is rather a balaned team which got decent succes.

The Crew

[​IMG]
    HAIL OBAMA (Abomasnow) (M) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 144 Atk / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
    Mild Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Giga Drain
    - Earthquake
    - Blizzard
    Obama , you smart boy. You leave Ninetales , Politoed , Ttar and Hippo with their weatherwar and dropped to UU to be the dominant permanent weather starter. Most of the time I don't lead with him , because someone could predict Obama lead , and bring something with SE move against him so I lead with a Pokemon that I think could be more favorable. This set is a set that makes you think is a Choice Scarf set , or smth like that , and when you switch into something that resist Blizzard , like Blastoise , thinking he's choiced , BAM , Giga Drain and also heal the wounds from battle. Ice Shard is good for revenge killing weakened things , even with few atk investiment. EQ is also cool for hurting Fire types or Steel types (not Bronzong) , switching into Obama's STABs. I wasn't sure about his EVs , so I took the EVs from EBelt set from the OU set but i made it more specially oriented rather than physical , because so it could abuse Blizzspam and Giga Drain , his main STABs from this set.

[​IMG]
    RU Queen? (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Stealth Rock
    - Blizzard
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    Nidoqueen is my SR setter and my great tank and I had it from the start in this team. With full investiment in HP it takes Hera's STABs like a Queen and KOs back with Fire Blast. Fire Blast is also cool for dealing more dmg to things like Shymin , Bronzong or Virizion. Blizzard is a great spamming move in Hail and kills things like Zapdos and Earth Power is the nice STAB. Sometimes I think about replacing Blizzard with Focus Blast to hurt Chansey , Snorlax or Umbreon but it does so little dmg that is not really helpful.

[​IMG]
    Hydro Pimp (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar
    - Toxic
    First time , I didn't like the idea of having Blastoise my spinner because i usually like offensive spinners , but in UU there are not really good offensive spinners. But Blastoise is actually a great spinner , with phazing and toxing things , and being such a good physical wall , taking hits like Hera's STABs pretty well. When I used him first time in this team i gave him Blizzard , because sure...why not? But his Blizzard is weak and most of the time I wanted Toxic more. Without recovery , and with Hail , switching-in and spinning hazards , his survivability is really reduced but he is a solid mon and really helpful. The only thing that I could replace for this Blastoise is Toxic for Foresight , ti spin in the face of Ghost types , but I don't know...

[​IMG]
    Honey Boo Boo (Snorlax) (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    IVs: 0 SAtk
    - Return
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit
    Before I knowed that Chansey dropped , I used P2 in this spot as a great Blizzspammer and Chandelure cheack. But after Chansey drop , I know that I need to replace something and Snorlax does most of P2 job (checks Lure , tanks) but also kills Chansey! CB set may seem weird in Hail because it cuts his survivability but I needed a strong Lure check. And CB Snorlax is probably the best Chandelure check , CB Pursuit, if Chandelure doesn't switch, 2HKO it. And I will not miss another Blizzspammer in this team. Return is the main STAB , that hurts a lot even some physical walls like Slowbro. Superpower is for Chansey , other Lax , Umbreon , Steel and Rock Types! Eq is for...Raikou? Yeah , it checks Raikou very well , but I think Return OHKO Raikou too... So I don't know , i may swiych it for Crunch to beat weakened Fags. Cofags.

[​IMG]
    Wii Create (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - V-create
    - Bolt Strike
    - Zen Headbutt
    - U-turn
    I love Choice Scarf Victini. It lacks the sheer power of CB set , but have the element of surprise , revenge killing ScarfMoxie Cross , Raikou , Zapdos , Roserade , Shaymin and a lot of other mons if they are not Scarfed and Base 100 neutral speed nature or lower. Bolt Strike still does a LOT to Water Types , and U Turn is cool for keeping the offensive pressure. Zen Headbutt is mainly for weakened Kingdra , Flygons or Nidos. Victini doesn't have just an offensive role , but sometime , a defensive role because with 100/100/100 def , it could take Fire or Fighting moves decently well , and revenge killing the user.

[​IMG]
    Fo' Blizzard! (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Trick
    Double Scarfer is so great because someone may not expect it. The first Rotom-F i used was SubSlipt set , which was cool , but with Obama now in team , Rotom-F hardly does something. But this is no more the situation because Choice Scarf switched completely the way how I play Rotom-F. Now he has Volt Switch which is nice with Victini's U-turn , forming a Volturn core. An before I used Choice Scarf , I had problems with faster threats after Victini dies. But now I have something to back up Victini in revenge killing , and it outspeed Heracross by one speed point. TROLOLOLO! Thunderbolt is also there do deal more dmg to bulky water types , because he got such a nice coverage only with his STAB he really doesn't need anything for coverage. Trick is also great for crippling Chansey , Umbreon or RestTalk/CurseLax blocked on Curse , when I get a nice leftovers os a useless Eviolate that could be traded for another item from another victim.

Threats:

Kingdra - Especially SubDD and Rain Dance set. SubDD is easier to manage with Blastoise and Roar but it can't Roar it everytime because it could die. Also Rain Dance is troublesome because not only he cancel my hail but he becomes really hard to stop from killing my Pokemons , and if I don't have Snorlax is bascaly GG.
    Bisharp - If it gets the Sub is hard to manage this monster if Blastoise is dead.
    Honchkrow - SubRoost set is the most dangerous. And it's also very threating without Sub if he gets tht MoxieBoost.
    CMCress - I need Trick from Rotom to beat this thing , otherwise is pretty much GG.
    CBVictini - I need to predict a lot around this thing , bevause it can punch big holes in my team.
    Chansey/Umbreon/RestTalkLax - I have Rotom to Trick them and my Snorlax to Superpower them but you could never be sure.
    Flygon - Choice Scarf Set with Jolly nature... It ties with my Victini so I can only Revenge Kill it only with Obama , and I'm not sure if is OHKO , or if he locks himself in Outrage and Queen is at full life.
    Sabeleye - Victini is the only member that can't be burned but Foul Play does a lot to him. Queen and Rotom doesn't really mind WoW but they sure don't enjoy it either.
    Sharpedo/Yanemega - They hit most of my team with SE dmg , and have that Speed Boost Abillity. Good thing they are not used so much.
    And Rain Teams in general.

Conclusion
    This team is really fun to use. I don't have a dedicated lead , the lead is determined by the situation most of time. This team is not perfect , but most of his threats could be handeled , depending on the situation. I hope you enjoyed my RMT , give it a rate , or steal it if you want (I doubt anyone would want) or make your own Hail Team because Hail is great in UU now with Abomasnow.
    stealable (open)
    HAIL OBAMA (Abomasnow) (M) @ Expert Belt
    EVs: 144 Atk / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
    Mild Nature
    - Ice Shard
    - Giga Drain
    - Earthquake
    - Blizzard

RU Queen? (Nidoqueen) (F) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Blizzard
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power

Hydro Pimp (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Rapid Spin
    - Roar
    - Toxic

Honey Boo Boo (Snorlax) (F) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Return
    - Superpower
    - Earthquake
    - Pursuit

Wii Create (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - V-create
    - Bolt Strike
    - Zen Headbutt
    - U-turn

Fo' Blizzard! (Rotom-Frost) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Trick

2. Allen Blaze

Allen Blaze

3. Silvershadow234

Silvershadow234 :]]]]]
    is a Pre-Contributor
    Mentor

Hi there. This is a p cool hail team, and is pretty solid overall. Therefore, I'll just be making minor changes with the sets.

Abomasnow's most effective set IMO is the sub-seed set. The only mons that he misses out on when lacking Earthquake are Chandelure, which is easily handled by Snorlax, and Bisharp, which takes heavy damage from Blizzard(around 38%). If you hit a Leech Seed when he comes in then he will be taking over 50% from Leech seed followed by Blizzard. The benefits of using SubSeed Abomasnow are rather important. This set is able to weaken Chansey substantially, as well as Snorlax. It also makes Abomasnow restore your teammates with some extra help, for example if Bronzong comes in on Aboma then Blastoise can restore some health and spin the rocks away. Snorlax can also restore some health, for example if chandelure comes in on aboma, as well as Nidoqueen on fighting types. Substitute gives you a free hit when the opponent switches out their bulky water type in fear of Giga Drain, and gives you either a free Leech Seed or Blizzard.
    The set I recommend is 248 HP / 112 SpA / 148 Spe. This set out speeds Blastoise, preventing the risk of scald burns, and can be the difference between keeping rocks up or not, since Blastoise can easily spin them if aboma is slower. The 248 HP provides a Stealth Rock number, meaning you take less damage from Stealth Rock, and the rest is put into Special Attack to give him a bit of punch.

Next, I would like to propose Choice Band Victini over Choice Scarf Victini. Two scarfers seems really unnecessary, and CB Victini provides some excellent power for your team, breaking through all but the bulkiest fire resists, which all lose to Abomasnow. CB Victini helps with your Chansey weakness, as it can simply blast past Chansey with it's ridiculous power, easily 2HKO'ing Chansey. Although two Choice Banders may seem unnecessary, Snorlax is much more of a utility counter than a wall breaker.

Here is a summary of the changes:
    Show Hide
    Current Abomasnow set--->SubSeed set
    CS Victini--->CB Victini

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
    EVs: 148 Spd / 248 HP / 112 SAtk
    Modest Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Blizzard
    - Giga Drain

Hope I helped and GL.
  4. Iminyourcloset

Iminyourcloset Too fabulous to not be Leader. Srsly- &Closet rite nao plz
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Hm... Firstly, hello there, and quite a nice team! Truly, hail is an underrated playstyle, although...permaweather... *shivers* (the reason I started UU.)

Anyway, I'll give a little feedback on your team, pokemon by pokemon, if that's okay. ;)
    Abomasnow: I can't say anything here. Necessary to hail, good set, everything's A-OK.
    Nidoqueen: while it does do well to provide a tanking role, I can't help but feel that not investing in the defenses would make nidoqueen not as good as taking hits. But, I don't use the nidos very often at all, so you can experiment there if you want. Just a thought.
    Blastoise: He seems like a real momentum killer, I have an offensive that I used to use if you want to give it a try. I'll post it at the bottom.
    Snorlax: Seems good to me, lol.
    Victini: Y'know, I've noticed something. Swampert really walls Victini. Just be careful with that; Swampert can do damage given the chance.
    Rotom-F: I use a scarf Rotom-H, and it outspeeds the quite a few of the most used UU pokemon (Bar a max speed scarfed Roserade, which is lolzy) Seems alright, except from my experience, it can die too easily. But it's a great 'mon.

Anyway, the new Blastoise Set:
    Blastoise @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent (you could use Rain Dish I guess, but it's a hail team... *shrugs*)
    EVs: 252Spatk/4Spdef/252Speed
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump (you can still use Scald if you REALLY want.)
    - Blizzard (You could use Ice Beam with Rain Dish for anti-rain, but might as well use Blizzard for spamming.)
    - HP Electric (or put in HP Grass for Swamp; like I said he could be a pain.)
    - Rapid Spin (what you really need Blastoise for)
    From my experience, this catches a lot of people off-guard and is actually very useful. I suggest you try it out, see how you like it.

Quick Summary:
    Nidoqueen: Add some bulk? idk...
    Blastoise: Try offensive set to try and keep momentum.
    Victini: Walled by swampert, be careful. no biggy, though.

Hope I helped, Good Luck and Happy Battling!
  5. Allen Blaze

Allen Blaze

@Silvershadow234
    Thanks for suggestions. They look really solid. I'll try this Aboma set , but IDK about Victini , because , outside of Chansey , I never missed the bonus in power , because most of time I just U-turn in a predicting switch , and I really appreciate the speed bonus.
    @Iminyourcloset
    Yeah , Sometimes Blastoise is a momentum killer but it fits this team very well because of his capability to tank Bisharp and SubDD Kingdra and Roar them away. And I think Queen has all the bulk she needs in 252 HP , so it takes around 30% from Hera's STAB , and KOs him back with Fire Blast.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)